Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions * 1
    #4189350 - 05/17/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Since there is not much information available online about how to care for this plant, I figured I'd do a write up offering what information I have been able to learn and gather. Please familiarize yourself with these instructions thoroughly; Kratom is not the easiest plant to accommodate.

If you are fortunate enough to acquire one of these wonderful, rare plants chances are you will be receiving a live rooted cutting. Kratom is viable by seed for only a few weeks, so cuttings are the most common way to propagate this plant. The plant can be purchased online if you know where to find it, but it is often out of stock, as it is rare and a moderately difficult plant to grow and care for. Do not be discouraged, your new plant will thrive, given the proper care and attention.

When your plant arrives, carefully remove the plant from the box, minding use of sharp instruments, cut the tape, not the box in a warmer area, free from drafts to avoid dehydration. Carefully remove all packaging disturbing the plant as little as possible. Your plant may or may not be noticeably wilted. This is to be expected from the shock of transport. Do not be alarmed if it looks a little 'sad'. Keep plant away from direct artificial or natural light for at least a day. A dimly lit room, such as the counter or table top in front of drawn shades or blinds is considered indirect lighting. It needs to adjust to the new environment.

Water the plant generously, but do not allow to stand in water for more than 2-3 hours per day. The plant should 'perk' up within a few hours. Give another drink if needed after being revived.

This plant will need acclimation to direct sunlight. You may acclimate it by gradually increasing the amount of daily exposure 30 minutes to 1 hour per day over the next week or two. Any greater exposure to direct sunlight may risk significant sunburn. Keep a close eye on the plant and adjust accordingly.

Kratom is a very interesting species that will require VERY well-drained soil. I highly recommend Miracle-Gro potting mix as an excellent source of nutrients for proper leaf production and plant stability. Kratom requires an ample amount of lighting that is very bright, however not harsh sun. If adequate lighting is not maintained consistently, leaf drop will occur quite severely until the plant can use what light is available. You may find the use of fluorescent lighting to be amicable and ultimately will be easier to control during the shorter winter months. Consider the plant's native habit, Thailand and Africa, where the tropical zones are moist and warm and days are long. Should artificial lighting be impractical for your needs, 4-5 hours of early morning sun should be sufficient.

The temperature that you may find comfortable will ultimately make your new plant comfortable. Much higher than 90 degrees F and leaf production is slowed slightly, although the plant loves plenty of humidity and higher temps. Much lower than 50 degrees F and the plant will stop growing pretty much altogether; remaining dormant until warmer temperatures are maintained all the while, dropping nearly every leaf. Please understand this plant is tropical in nature and will not survive freezing temperatures.

You should want to water when the very top of soil becomes slightly dry in appearance or to touch. Lack of sufficient water will result in smaller stunted leaves and much slower growth. Misting once or twice daily will help alleviate stress of a drier climate as well help prevent many opportunities for pests which often prefer the dry undersides and joints of plants in general. Kratom prefers fairly damp, VERY well-drained potting soil. I use ONLY miracle-gro potting mix for the Kratom. No moss, no vermiculite, nothing but the potting mix. Root growth, again, is rather slow, allowing you to keep the plant potted longer.

If you do not keep the soil moistened, the leaves will still continue to grow, however, they seem to have a slightly sticky resin that keeps them clasped together before they are actually released from the xylem meristem tissue. The higher the relative moisture the plant is exposed to, the less viscous the sticky resin is; which in turn, allows the mirrored leaves to easily separate from each other. If the moisture content drops even a little, the resin becomes more sticky and the leaflets hold together more tightly. The leaves still emerge, but the stickiness tends to tear the edges slightly like this:

If the moisture content is balanced the leaves will open freely and appear with no tears or serration's like so:

The hard part is just getting the balance between too much and too little, something that is difficult to make 100% perfect because of the ever-changing humidity indoors. A humidifier can be used in combination with misting to emulate a rain forest as best as possible, but don't worry if you have the problems of leaf tears and serrations. The leaves are still very practical, just not as 'pretty'.

The main concern I have found for good leaf production to remain, and the leaves not to fall, is adequate lighting. This plant is going to require more lighting than most plants. If lighting is not appropriate, leaves fall from here to kingdom come. Increasing light exposure to 15 hours timed artificial lighting has shown successful results. I recommend one 40-watt fluorescent GE Gro Tube and one 40-watt Solar spectrum aquarium light. It's buy far the cheapest fix (electricity-wise), however you may have more suitable lighting, or find other ways. Watch your plant closely and you will learn to accommodate it to the most suitable growing environment.

As I have mentioned before, insects are very attracted to Kratom plants. If you chose to put your plant outside, watch it closely. Within one day you may see significant damage to leaves. If this occurs, bring the plant inside immediately. The use of pesticides are strongly discouraged if you plan on using this plant for its medicinal qualities. You can put it in a windowsill and mist daily, but artificial lighting may be more suitable for faster growth. Indoor pests to be aware of are cats. If you share your home with a cat, consider putting the plant in a location that your frisky feline will not be tempted to disturb the plant. Cats have been known to eat the leaves of the plant. While this is not healthy for your plant, there are no known dangers to your cat. It is unlikely that a cat would eat enough of a this plant to experience noticeable side effects.

Kratom leaf with dammage caused by insects:

Kratom plant with dammage from being chewed on by a curious cat:

Watch your plant closely and you will learn to accommodate it to the most suitable growing environment. With lots of love and care your Kratom plant can eventually grow up to be a Kratom tree.

Edited by Frappy (06/13/05 03:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: Frappy]
    #4191016 - 05/18/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent post. Before this I havent been able to find anything on growing kratom. You should consider submitting it to Erowid, I`m sure they would use it.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4191243 - 05/18/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Not a bad idea. They only have a few short sentences about making cuttings, but that don't have much of anything on Kratom plant care.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4192271 - 05/18/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Great info! Thanks, this is very helpful. I don't have a kratom plant, but if I ever do...
:peace:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4200374 - 05/20/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Frappy can you perhaps tell me how fast they grow outside of their natual climate? And also how long before one would have a large enough plant that could take a little defolinating? And do you know anything of the potentcy of indoor grown plants?

Do you know anything about the "Rifat" strain? How does it compare to others? Are all plants on the market today this strain?

Sorry for the questions but you seem to know what you are talking about :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#4201810 - 05/20/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It is hard to say how fast the plants grow outside. Like all plants, this depends on growing conditions. Kratom thrives in Rainforest-like climates. Colder temperatures will stunt its growth and cause defoliation. Temperatures higher than 90 degrees Fahrenheit will also slow the growth of the plant. Speed of growth may vary from plant to plant. I would have to approximate that you would want your plant to be at the VERY LEAST several months old at least before harvesting leaves. The leaves are somewhat large, but not terribly abundant. Don't over pick your plant, but rather collect the few leaves it may drop during its younger stage and save them for later use when you have enough for a dose. Common sense will tell you when a plant can afford to lose a couple leaves, but the longer you wait to pick, the better.

The potency of kratom depends on a few different factors. Plants grown in cooler temperatures have been known to be less potent, so if you are planning on growing indoors and like your air conditioning ice cold, the mitragynine content may suffer. If you are growing outside, leaves are more potent from late summer through autumn and less potent in winter and spring. Plants grown in a greenhouse are also reportedly less potent. Older plants have been said to be more potent. This is another reason why it is best to wait as long as possible before harvesting your leaves. Leaves from older kratom plants or trees is the main difference between regular kratom and 'premium' kratom available from vendors online.

The Rifat strain is known for its high mitragynine content and red veins. The veins may not be obviously red in young plants. The high mitragynine content and the fact that it is easier to clone makes it much more popular with vendors than other strains. It is named after the Swiss biologist Claude Rifat. Another notable strain is 'Craig's Clone' was developed from Thai seed in 1999 which was never developed into a commercial strain because the plant was unstable. Tissues of the plant were collected and saved for long term preservation, but in 2001 the tissues became unrecoverable and this clone has been lost. There is also another strain called the 'Bumblebee' strain, which I have not been able to gather much information on. If you are planning on growing kratom the Rifat strain is going to be your best option, but most likely it will be your only option.

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4209470 - 05/23/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the info frappy, you deffinately know your kratom.

One more thing, they like high humidity right? How high? Can they adapt to lower humidity? I cant imagine building a humidity tent for a tree.

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#4216817 - 05/24/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical_Bliss said:
Thanks for all the info frappy, you deffinately know your kratom.

One more thing, they like high humidity right? How high? Can they adapt to lower humidity? I cant imagine building a humidity tent for a tree.

Thanks for the kind words. :smile:

Kratom definitely likes high humidity.  Google tells me that Thailand's average humidity is between 66% and 82%.  The average high temperature is around 80 degrees F year round. 

Like I said, its difficult to emmulate a rain forest perfectly, but there are practical ways to accomplish this. An indoor plant can be sprayed with a fine mist a few times per day.  A humidifier set up on a timer could also be used to raise humidity.

I haven't yet worked with mature kratom trees, but I would imagine that once they are that well established they will be more hearty and could possibly tolerate less than optimal conditions better than a young plant.  If you live in an area with cold winter months or very low humidity your best option would probably be to grow it indoors, trimming as it outgrows the space provided for it.  This will also give you an opportunity to try your hand at making cuttings and getting them to root.

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4218027 - 05/25/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I`m sure once they get well established they would be hard to kill....it is a treeafter all. We`ll see what happens, I have one on the way so you might be hearing from me about care when it doesnt look healthy :smile:.

Anyway thank for all your help and for giving me the confidence to go out and purchase one of these amazing plants.

5 shrooms to you!

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#4291803 - 06/13/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Updated and added a few pics.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #4292117 - 06/13/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This info saved my plant now i got another one coming in the mail this week. Thanks

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinewonderlandherbs
wonderlandherbsProprietor
Loc: NC, USA
    #4607237 - 09/01/05 07:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I find it appalling that someone out there would consider it okay to blatantly plagiarize work that was not their own. I developed these care instructions, including the first pictures of the two serrated leaf edges. I don't really care who 'frappy' is, but I felt the need for the available community to be made know that this individual may not know how to answer many of your questions simply from complete inexperience with this species, and very likely others. I cannot believe that someone as 'frappy' would be so very bold as to use practically word-for-word quotes as well pictures and state that he couldn't find anything "out there" on the web for Kratom, so he "...figured [he'd] do a write up offering what information [he has] been able to learn and gather". Mind you on the word learn, and even better 'gather', which has apparently become synonymous with 'steal', as these words are not to be considered contrived from the mind of 'frappy' or anyone else for that matter save for the original writer, being I. While I may not be the biggest fish in the sea, I have always taken a great amount of pride in my personal honor and integrity. I find it quite sad that many of you out there have been sorely misled and deceived in your search for information, and unfortunate, too, that I was unable to discover this grave and blatant disregard for accreditation. I can provide willing proof of all the aforementioned should there be any such interest, as my goal has always been one based upon principle and good-faith. Shame should mar your countenance, frappy, and I pity you only for your cowardice.

Sincerely,
D. Locklear
wonderlandherbs Proprietor
www.wonderlandherbs.com
wonderlandherbs@yahoo.com

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: wonderlandherbs]
    #4607968 - 09/01/05 11:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think he meant any harm. But, it does show that it's good to give credit and tell where you got something.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinewonderlandherbs
Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: Stonehenge]
    #4608218 - 09/01/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

While I appreciate your comment, much 'harm' may be incurred simply for frappy is not the original commentator. I will post the following instructions simply so the community may view them. I have been an enthusiastic seller of a variety of ethnogenic flora for several years now on eBay?. Anyone who has ever dealt with me know I to be an above-average vendor who is dedicated to the plant, number one, and complete instruction. I have been sending the same instructions for Kratom care for over 4 years now. Perhaps frappy didn't mean harm, but I honestly find it very hard to believe seeing all the 'praise' he received for posting plagiarized work. I was never even asked, and frappy was a former client many months ago, so he knows well how I feel about such things. This is not even a mishap, for when "thanks" were being handed out, it would have been most honorable to do exactly what you said: Give credit where credit is due. I simply think it's disgraceful and the ethnogenic community, as small as it truly is, should be well aware that not everyone out there has the fortitude I aspire daily to promote. Compare my notes to those claimed as his, and you may ascertain for yourself questions such as:

Why is he referring how to cut the tape and not the box when these are supposed to be plant care?

Why would the plant need acclimation to sunlight if it has been exposed to solar radiation already?

And the big one that should really make you think:

If he has studied the growing characteristics to be so very knowledgeable of Kratom, why is frappy so vague in horticulture of this specific species OUTSIDE?

None of these questions are intended for true answer, save from frappy, who has yet to admit his intention or fault. I just find it ironic that someone who has had so very much to say beforehand is mute in waiting, stage left, when confronted with provable contradiction.

Save these instructions. You WILL need them for arrival.

Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom

Please familiarize yourself with these instructions thoroughly; Kratom
is not the easiest plant to accommodate.
Mist Plant Upon Arrival/Daily
Misting is an Excellent Deterrent against many parasites that may enter
your home via clothing and other articles.

Your new plant will thrive, given the proper care and attention. I have
personally found the following guidelines to be helpful when first
encountering this great specimen:

Carefully remove plant from box, minding use of sharp instruments,

CUT THE TAPE, NOT THE BOX...

...in a warmer area, free from drafts to avoid dehydration.
Carefully remove twist-ties or rubber bands.
Once ties are removed, plastic sleeve should be easily taken off.
Remove and discard newsprint.
Your plant may or may not be noticeably wilted. This is to be expected
from the shock of transport. Do not be alarmed if it looks a little 'sad'.
Keep plant away from direct artificial or natural light for at least a
day. A dimly lit room, such as the counter or table top in front of
drawn shades or blinds is considered indirect lighting. It needs to
adjust to the new environment.

Please note: This plant will need acclimation to direct sunlight. You
may acclimate by gradually increasing the amount of daily solar exposure
2 hours at a time for one week. Any greater exposure to direct sunlight
may risk significant sunburn.

Water generously, but do not allow to stand in water for more than 2-3
hours per day. The plant should 'perk' up within a few hours. Give
another drink if needed after being revived.

The Kratom tree is a very interesting species that will require VERY
well-drained soil. I highly recommend Miracle-Gro potting mix as an
excellent source of nutrients for proper leaf production and plant
stability. Kratom requires an ample amount of lighting that is very
bright, however not harsh sun. If adequate lighting is not maintained
consistently, leaf drop will occur quite severely until the plant can
use what light is available. You may find the use of fluorescent
lighting to be amicable and ultimately will be easier to control during
the shorter winter months. Consider the plant's native habit, Thailand
and Africa, where the tropical zones are moist and warm and days are
long. Should artificial lighting be impractical for your needs, 4-5
hours of early morning sun should be sufficient.
The temperature that you may find comfortable will ultimately make
your new plant comfortable, although the plant loves plenty of
humidity and higher temps. Much lower than 50 degrees F and the plant
will stop growing pretty much altogether; remaining dormant until warmer
temperatures are maintained all the while, dropping nearly every leaf.
Please understand this plant is tropical in nature and will not survive
freezing temperatures.
You should want to water when the very top of soil becomes slightly
dry in appearance or to touch. Lack of sufficient water will result in
smaller stunted leaves and much slower growth. Misting once or twice
daily will help alleviate stress of a drier climate as well help prevent
many opportunities for pests which often prefer the dry undersides and
joints of plants in general.
You may find the following websites helpful in troubleshooting and
general informative facts about this species. Above all else, please
remember to RESPECT your plant. It cannot be allowed to just sit in some
window and forget about it. Try to avoid immediate transplant for at
least a week or so. Provided you adhere to the instructions, you should
have excellent results.

SITES REMOVED FOR DISCRETION OF WEBMASTERS.

ASK FRAPPY, PERHAPS HE SAVED THEM AS WELL.

The following are more detailed notes and photos for tips:

You will note the Kratom is a tender-shooted plant when it first sends
forth. Caution not to be thrown casually as you may break it easily with
too many touches. The shoots harden off within 3-4 days time and become
less pliable. Unfortunately, there are not many websites that provide
care information on the Kratom. So very few people actually have the
specimens to practice with, so I will give you the knowledge I have
acquired.

Prefers fairly damp, VERY well-drained potting soil. I use ONLY
miracle-gro potting mix for the Kratom. No moss, no vermiculite, nothing
but the potting mix.

Root growth, again, is rather slow, allowing you to keep the plant
potted longer.

If you do not keep the soil moistened, the leaves will still continue to
grow, however, they seem to have a slightly sticky resin that keeps them
clasped together before they are actually released from the xylem
meristem tissue. The higher the relative moisture the plant is exposed
to, the less viscous the sticky resin is; which in turn, allows the
mirrored leaves to easily separate from each other. If the moisture
content drops even a little, the resin becomes more sticky and the
leaflets hold together more tightly. The leaves still emerge, but the
stickiness tends to tear the edges slightly like this:

http://wonderlandherbs.com/careinstructions/kratomphotos/kratomtear.JPG
http://wonderlandherbs.com/careinstructions/kratomphotos/kratomtear1.JPG

If the moisture content is balanced the leaves will open freely and
appear with no tears or serration's like so:

http://wonderlandherbs.com/careinstructions/kratomphotos/kratomokay.JPG

The hard part is just getting the balance between too much and too
little, something that even I cannot make 100% perfect because of the
ever-changing humidity in the house. I use a humidifier and mist, but I
just can't emulate a rain forest perfectly, so don't be down if you have
the same thing happen. The leaves are still very practical, just not as
'pretty'.

The main concern I have found for good leaf production to remain,
and the leaves not to fall, is adequate lighting. This plant is going to
require more lighting than perhaps anything you may grow. If lighting is
not appropriate, leaves fall from here to kingdom come. When I first
bought my provider plant, it lost every leaf, save 6. It had 17 upon
arrival, so you can imagine my horror. I figured it must be the light
and increased the amount of exposure to 15 hours timed artificial
lighting, 40-watt fluorescent Gro tube; GE, qty @1, and 40-watt Solar
spectrum aquarium light, qty @ 1. You may have more suitable lighting,
or find other ways. I just found what worked well for me, so I am not
going to try anything else. It's buy far the cheapest fix
(electricity-wise).

So here they are, as they have been for nearly 4 years. I guess I just have to come out and say, "The above work was written for the enthusuastic horticulturalists of species Mitragyna speciosa. It may not be copied, reproduced, photographed, or otherwise communicated in form verbatim without express and written permission from the original author, D. Locklear, wonderlandherbs Proprietor."

Now, why should that even need explaining. This was something we learned in gradeschool, folks.

If you want to know, how I grow,
then all of you can ask me.
But don't be alarmed, and think 'none harmed',
when someone wants to 'mask' me.

D. Locklear
www.wonderlandherbs.com

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
    #4608422 - 09/01/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks MUCH!!!

Do you have plants ready?an how much a kratom plant!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Offlinewonderlandherbs
Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: bluelou]
    #4608466 - 09/01/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have several plants ready for shipping. Do you have an offer? I negotiate very well instead of naming direct prices. As I have always said, it's not so very much about money, because it really can grow on trees. I know that there remain vendors out there who are gouging the market in ridiculous ways. Please email me personally with your expectations/ desires and perhaps we can work on an agreeable transaction. You will never encounter another so as myself. Examples of my work may be found here, which is a current listing on eBay?:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsofindtypeZ1...fsooZ1QQfrppZ50

I never send plants sight-unseen, and no 'grab-bagging'. They are guaranteed LIVE DELIVERY no matter where they are ultimately sent, regardless of temperature or climate. I've been doing this awhile, so I do know what I'm talking about. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
D. Locklear
www.wonderlandherbs.com

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#4611347 - 09/02/05 01:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You seem awfully upset that you didn't get the praise and admiration from a community that you didn't even belong to up until about 12 hours ago, but now that you're here, please allow me to offer you a big welcome and give you credit for the information I have presented in my post, but first please allow me to explain myself.

I fully admit that much of my post, was directly copied and pasted from your instructions, however, I made no profit from posting it. My intentions were to share this information with the shroomery community which I have grown to love. This is the Internet where information on any subject is, or rather should be, free. When I find information that I think may be useful to the shroomery community I feel that it is important to share it with them. Usually when I find useful information on the Internet I will post the website address of the location I found it, however you do not make this information available online unless someone has purchased something from you, therefore there is no web page with care instructions to link to.

Posting your vending website as a place to purchase kratom plants online would have been a way to give you some sort of credit. Unfortunately I can't do that because it would be against the forum rules. Since www.iamshaman.com is a paying shroomery sponsor who sells live kratom plants, it would have been wrong of me to post you or your website as a source. Some of the rules concerning posting sources of other vendors can be found here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2297863/an/0/page/0

You have already blatantly violated them, but that's not of my concern. That's up to the moderators and the sponsors. You're new and probably didn't know the rules yet.

When I originally emailed you asking for information on kratom plant care so that I could know what to expect and how to prepare for the plants arrival, you refused to give me any useful information until you had my money in your hands. Its understandable that you want to protect your business, since withholding this information from the Internet puts more money in your pocket. When people cannot properly care for their own plants, and have to buy a new plant from a limited selection of vendors it becomes a favorable situation for you. With fewer people who know how to care for and propagate these plants, the better off you are, but plants are living things and deserve proper care. If withholding the information is an intended part of your business ethics, I would have to disagree with them wholeheartedly.

If the true center of your animosity towards me is actually because you're upset that I didn't mention your name in the post, then I apologize. At the time I felt that citations and bibliographies in a simple forum post would be unnecessary and make it more difficult to read. If citing D. Locklear in the post would make you feel better I can do that, but before you were a member of this forum it wouldn't have made much of a difference since they wouldn't have known the name anyway.

And to answer your questions,

Quote:

wonderlandherbs said:Why is he referring how to cut the tape and not the box when these are supposed to be plant care?

Because most members of shroomery do not live in areas where kratom grows naturally. I would say that its safe to assume that they are receiving a plant in the mail from a trade or a vendor. The post office doesn't mail plants that aren't in boxes.

Quote:

wonderlandherbs said:Why would the plant need acclimation to sunlight if it has been exposed to solar radiation already?

With the exception of mjshroomer I doubt the members are going to be getting live plants by walking around Thailand. They will be getting their plants in the mail. In a box.

Quote:

wonderlandherbs said:If he has studied the growing characteristics to be so very knowledgeable of Kratom, why is frappy so vague in horticulture of this specific species OUTSIDE?

I never claimed that I studied the specific growing characteristics of the plant. I only said that I am offering the information that I have. I never claimed to be a professional, but I am certainly more experienced than someone with no experience at all. If I can help another member of shroomery I will do whatever I can.

Edited by Frappy (09/02/05 02:27 AM)

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
    #4611561 - 09/02/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Frappy, your response to Locklear's protest is wholly inappropriate. Copyright does have a place in our society, overzealous intellectual property rights abuse by corporations nonwithstanding. For copyright violation, there are extenuating circumstances, and there are legally defined criteria for "fair use", which haven't been met here. But violating copyright and arrogating the credit to yourself is plain immoral. Not only have you shown disregard to the time, effort and legal and moral rights of others, you blatantly repudiate contrition, and even go so far as to asperse imputations of immorality upon your accuser. Sharing information is always welcome - you could have researched the subject yourself and epitomize the points of value. That would have been a much appreciated contribution.

Now, one other issue of written language abuse:

Quote:

wonderlandherbs: ethnogenic flora ... ethnogenic community

There's even a www.ethnogen.com. I assume it's a site for selling virile heterosexuals.

Offlinewonderlandherbs
Re: Mitragyna speciosa; Kratom Plant Care Instructions [Re: stvip]
    #4611721 - 09/02/05 07:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I doubt it could have been said more eloquently. Undeniably well-written, and certainly, well-received. Most-gracious am I of your observation.

--------------------
D. Locklear
www.wonderlandherbs.com

Offlinewonderlandherbs
    #4611862 - 09/02/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Don't make the mistake that I am upset about potential loss of profit. Don't confuse the situation and make it any more agreeable for yourself; you've already done plenty to place yourself higher than those who view you. The issue is quite clear. You've admitted your fault and that is at least a beginning.

Quote:

Frappy said:

When I originally emailed you asking for information on kratom plant care so that I could know what to expect and how to prepare for the plants arrival, you refused to give me any useful information until you had my money in your hands.

If you want to make this about money then you should have known what you were doing to be wrong upon your own reflection of the above. You speculated that I didn't say all because I haven't received your part of the arrangement, so how can you have the audacity to assume it's okay to plagiarize my work?

I never refused you anything. I informed you, as with all prospective patrons, that I will send you "prolific and detailed instructions with pictures to help prevent a particular growing characteristic of the species upon arrival of payment [for the species in question]." I do not, and should not, feel obligated to promise anyone the wealth of knowledge I have personally educated myself upon simply because they said, "...the check's in the mail." This is a balance of exchange. I give a little, and you give a little. I don't hand you the world on a platter simply because you are 'curious'. All curiosity is completely quenched once the contractual sale is solidified via full payment. You should know this. If you want to make this about money then you should have known what you were doing to be wrong upon your own reflection of the above. This was never about 'paying for care instructions'. Although the instructions I formulated are part of the package (I don't ever recall purchasing a plant at a nursery without some sort of care placard) I don't feel the need to spell out for every person who emails me such thorough and personal insight. I am not concerned about competition, which certainly makes things more interesting. I welcome those that can and will compete with me. If you can personally do better than me, then by all means...do it, become rich, successful, and prosperous and cure cancer for all I care, but you will never have to be concerned that I will steal your intellectual property and display it as my own.

Quote:

Frappy said: If citing D. Locklear in the post would make you feel better I can do that, but before you were a member of this forum it wouldn't have made much of a difference since they wouldn't have known the name anyway.

You only felt this would make no difference before I stumbled upon your act. Nobody said anything about mentioning my name. Nobody said anything about divulging my internet site, as small it may be. Of course no one may know who or what I am. My site was never intended to purchase from. It has been more of an 'about me' site than anything. You can't place orders, and you can't send me money, however, if you want to know more...then what do you do? You contact me, we pose questions, and perhaps we come to an agreement for you to have something that I offer. I have conducted business for trade of other species, for trade of information, or the truly grand reward of encountering those as myself that genuinely care for the continued horticulture of a particular species. There are 'true' vendors out there that blow me out of the water daily. I will never be able to compete in product availability due solely to the numbers I limit myself to. But what does that mean? That means the plant that you MAY receive from me, in whatever fashion, shall certainly be of the highest caliber and quality. I have the time to invest one-on-one care because I enjoy my passion. You have no right to believe in your all-encompassing limitation of free-enterprise by assuming that since you purchased a plant that came with detailed notes, you also had full latitude to freely claim yourself as the rightful owner of such notes.

Quote:

Frappy said:I never claimed that I studied the specific growing characteristics of the plant. I only said that I am offering the information that I have.

The problem is you never refuted the obvious and ongoing assumption that those who viewed...

Quote:

Frappy said:I figured I'd do a write up offering what information I have been able to learn and gather.

...would inherently assume you 'learned' from your personal experience. You further fed the assumption in later replies that directly refer to the original plagiarism...

Quote:

Frappy said:Like I said, its difficult to emmulate a rain forest perfectly, but there are practical ways to accomplish this.

..and when acknowledged,...

Quote:

Chemical_Bliss said Thanks for all the info frappy, you deffinately know your kratom.

...don't you think it would have been appropriate to simply say, "Well , I'm glad the information was practical to you, however, I shouldn't allow myself the entire credit. If you would like to know more about the person who has actually studied this species, and supplied me with the available information, email me, or maybe I can contact him to see if he minds."

When it's all said and done, my friend, you are simply dead wrong...

DEAD WRONG.

You have proven only that you have the true gift of ambiguity in it's most vile form. You are a chameleon that changes to suit its colorful environment to save only itself. You have proven that many of your words are unmistakeably incredible, having no foundation of true discovery, and that you are ultimately a liar, as well a thief who steals even when no financial reward remained apparent, which is truly quite sad, for what else have you said that we are to believe? Who is next on your itinerary of 'stolen works'?

You, and those like you, are the sole reason I choose to have discretion around what I chance to offer. Your lackadaisical prospective allows you to easily dismiss your moral self-degradation as an invisible 'flaw'; but to only yourself. I've said it before, and I will say it again: The endogenic/ entheogenic community is small. There may be hundreds, and there may be thousands of us, but we shall in no manner ever be able to compare to the numbers, say, of computer programmers out there. There are only select individuals that do what we do. As such, it would seem much more beneficial to, each and all, that some degree of integrity will keep us together, instead of hiding behind the investment of others. Nobody has to spend a dime to invest any amount of time, and I gravely pity you, for you do not even see this. I'm sorry your arrogance has blinded you so completely that you can only see yourself through those who have named your game. My name is all I have ever been given freely, my education is something pursued on a daily level, and my mission will never be undermined. You may slow my mission through veiled contradiction, and you may make me mute from acquiring desired information, but you will never have that, and only that, which was allowed to only me: a name. Through a name, I've developed reputation, reputation through word-of-mouth, but never before now, taken. I only wonder that if, in due time, should your name remain as sour in the mouths of others as so it does mine. If so, thank only yourself, 'cause karma...well, She's mightier than even the best of reps.

--------------------
D. Locklear
www.wonderlandherbs.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds