Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Acid - first time - questions
    #4176612 - 05/14/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Two weeks ago I had the chance to try LSD for the first time. The LSD came from a supply that is said to be consistent and quality. Being a cautious tripper, for the first experience I took one hit of unperforated white blotter.

I was told the high would be very similar to mushrooms. Needless to say, there was nothing that reminded me of mushrooms. Fact is, I didn't even 'trip'. Truth is, it didn't even feel anything close to a dosage as low as 1.5 grams of dried mushrooms.

What I did experience was a very strange sort of dreamlike intoxication. For the first time in my drug 'career', when asked what it was like, I had to honestly answer, "It's not good and it's not bad...it just is."

There were no visuals and no trippy thoughts. About two hours after dropping the LSD I had the strangest feeling of electric energy in my body. I noticed my hands and body were trembling, but it was not an uncomfortable type of speedy push.

I've never gotten the 'lighter' side of psychedelics such as mushrooms, but I also noticed that about two hours after eating the blotter that life started to become cosmically funny. I had to try hard to not burst out in spontaneous laughter.

After about three hours, having never gotten far off the ground with the LSD and not wanting to redose, I dropped some MDMA and what happened for the next five hours is beyond the scope of this post.

I have no reason to doubt it wasn't LSD, but what does everyone make of this experience? Is this type of experience consistent with a threshhold or low dose of LSD? Do low doses provide primarily a body high? Did I maybe get something else?

Does the electric energy & body trembling increase as the dosage increases?

Edited by Tranceport (05/15/05 10:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: Tranceport]
    #4176701 - 05/14/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Candytripping.

I believe that's what they call acid+MDMA, it's supposed to be one of the best blends on drugs.

--------------------
So it goes.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4176725 - 05/14/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ryanvergel said:
Candytripping.

I believe that's what they call acid+MDMA, it's supposed to be one of the best blends on drugs.

Its a candyflip :smile:.  Yeah its good untill your are tripping then you start to come down from the ex.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4176822 - 05/15/05 12:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I also just tried acid. Last night in fact. Me and a friend each took one hit each. We sat there for 2.5 hrs with nothing happening at all. We had figured we had got some bunk acid and were not too pleased. We then decided to hit a few bowls. It seemed like immediately after, the acid kicked in. I got extreme bodily trembles and rushes of emotion. It was a very crazy feeling. I couldn't tell whether I was actually trembling or if I was imagining it. At first, I still didnt think it was the acid and I thought my mind was making it up. These trembles got so intense during peaks it was very uncomfortable. I got a lot more visuals than what you seemed to report. I had crazy outlines of colours when viewing objects in the dark and the marble floors came almost alive. I also had a strobe light effect in my vision that in each second It seemed like I was switching back and forth between hallucinations and no hallucinations. Almost like switching to another world. Very strange. My experience seems pretty consistent with yours...

I too would also like to know about the body trembles as I felt that was the worst part.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4177174 - 05/15/05 03:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like it was a very weak dose. Next time try dropping 2 or 3. You will definately enjoy! :sun::heart::sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
    #4177285 - 05/15/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i had one hit of white unperf 2 weekends ago, it was my first time with lucy. my experience was about 80-90% common with how Tranceport put it. I figure i need 2 or 3 of them to trip. oh was i laughing. my face was sore from smiling the whole time!

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4177440 - 05/15/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Are you guys eating .25x.25" blotters? Sucks if the white unperf has been laid weaker after all the hype. Everyone I've talked to have tripped solidly off one tab.

--------------------

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: Organic]
    #4178207 - 05/15/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, this white unperf blotter was approximately .25"x.25"

Once or twice I also had the same strobe light effect that johnjohnandjamal mentions. Mine weren't associated with hallucinations, but suddenly there was a strobe-like effect and it felt as if in a millisecond I had suddenly been thrust into and pulled out of an alien world.

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

#4178421 - 05/15/05 01:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Mine was also the same size blotter...so anyone have any input about the body trembles?

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4178916 - 05/15/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My guess is pure placebo. When you take acid you don't have to think about whether or not you're tripping. After it kicked in after the 2.5 hours how long did the experience last?

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: Cherk]
    #4179240 - 05/15/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:
My guess is pure placebo. When you take acid you don't have to think about whether or not you're tripping. After it kicked in after the 2.5 hours how long did the experience last?

Good point. LSD usually kicks in within 45mins - 1 hour no longer.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: Cherk]
    #4180190 - 05/15/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:

How can an effect be considered placebo when it's not expected? I am not completely familiar with the definition and mechanisms of placebo effects, but it is my understanding that a placebo effect is experienced as the result of expectations in the unknowing absence of the proper stimulus? In my case I believe the trembling and shaking was due to excitement and apprehension about the high that I was starting to experience.

Mushrooms have never given me significant nausea, but somewhere around the one hour mark I experienced some rather unpleasant bouts of nausea. This I believe to have been a generalised psychosomatic response to the mental changes beginning to take place.

Since the experience I have spoken with various trippers who have confirmed that acid often makes them jittery. The reason is anybody's guess.

I don't know how long it took for the acid to take effect. I took it at a rave setting that was new to everyone involved. The music turned out to be ear splitting repetitive acid house, and I certainly began to feel edgy and have some minor effects long before the two hour mark. It was only when we left the event and were walking down a quiet side street that the edginess began to subside and I started to "feel" high.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4180782 - 05/15/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When coming up I get very anxious and I can feel it in the pit of my stomach. (This starts immediately after I drop a hit and dissipates as soon as I begin to peak) It's because I know that everything about modern society and the way my brain is programmed is about to be flushed down the toilet. :sun: I know the feeling. I also know the electric feeling you experienced. I get that also. I never get too shaky. Only on the come up..

Well I must admit I get very anxious and shaky when I have some L in my palm when I haven't seen her in over a year. It is a very powerful molecule indeed. :heart:

:sun::heart::sun:

edit: It is very strange that it took 2 hours for you to feel any effects.. I hope it's really L you are getting. I don't doubt it but one never knows. Try dropping 2 or 3 in a week or so and see where that takes you. If you don't start feeling it within 30 - 60mins I doubt it's L.

--------------------

Edited by mattzdope (05/16/05 12:01 AM)

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4180885 - 05/16/05 12:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

acid sometimes creeps up on me, there are certain normal things i experience before peaking (ie. nervousness, sometimes jitters and shakes as well)  sometimes if the environment is right, you wont even realize your tripping until maybe 2 hours into it.  this has happened to me on a few occasions, and its nothing to be worried about... sometimes it occurs because your thinking about the experience too much, or perhaps you just get preoccupied with other thoughts.

the next thing you know, the ben & jerries looks like breasts compelling you down the supermarket aisle :sun:

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4181250 - 05/16/05 03:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

2 hour complete onset and 12 hour duration is not uncommon, in fact the norm for most people I know

--------------------

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: Organic]
    #4183630 - 05/16/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You think its placebo but someone how me and the poster had the same effects? I think that would be a huge coincidence. And there is NO WAY I dreamed up the trip I had...It was a long onset which was suprising but Im pretty sure it was acid. Me and my friend were both tripping without even confirming to eachother that we were tripping.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4188650 - 05/17/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There are some white unperf hits out there that are laid weaker then the ones everyone is talking about. I have some that take at least three to get a good trip going. It is good acid though just have to take more.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4191469 - 05/18/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There are new white unperfs that are less then half as strong as the old ones here either that or someone is treating them really bad... my guess its the first of the 2 options tho. The paper is identical to the ultra potent ones.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: baraka]
    #4191982 - 05/18/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I would think they'd have to be treated REALLY badly to lose more than half the potency. Probably laid weaker to stretch out doses

I'd really like to hear what effect 80F+ temps over an extended period of time has on LSD. Surely someone that has been with doses in such temps can answer.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Acid - first time - questions [Re: baraka]
    #4194351 - 05/19/05 06:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Im almost positive they were laid this way. As I got a large amount from a guy who I got great doses from many times before. They aren't that new either maybe new to your area but I got these like four or five months ago. They are still good acid you just have to eat more of it. And for what I have heard some people selling the good ones for this shit is almost the same potency at $5 a hit compared to $15 for one of the strong.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale