Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Kratom Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4066232 - 04/17/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Another plant to add to the list Acacia Maidenii, reported to contain 0.6% alkaloids in the bark, of which 1/3 was N-methyl tryptamine, and 2/3 was Dimethyl Tryptamine (DMT). (Alkaloids of The Australian Leguminosae - The Occurrence of Methylated Tryptamines in Acacia maidenii F. Muell. J.S. Fitzgerald and A.A. Sioumis Australian Journal of Chemistry, 1965, 18 433-4)

Phalaris Arundinacea (reed canary grass), which I mentioned earlier is actually a locally growing plant where I live, I seen lots of it growing along the river when walking my dog yesterday.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4070168 - 04/18/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone know where to get a hold of some viable Nymphaea Nouchali var. caerulea (Blue Lotus) seeds and/or live plants?

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #4070594 - 04/18/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you looking for plants that you can grow relativly easy for the purpous of using or having someone use?  or do you want to grow teh somwaht more finicky and slower type f plants?  or both?

some plants, if you only looking for the experience, might be better if you jsut buy the herb.  mayeb im taking htis post wrong though.

anyway.  as for mimosa and desmanthus.  i also had all mine die teh first go around.  second go around i tried peas.  i was tryign this with d. illino, d, lepto, and MH.  they are all alive right now, the ones that were pea'd up.  the desmanthus was just put outside today actually.  and damnit i knew it would happen.  got too hot and scorched lotsa leaves :frown:  shaded now :blush:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: kadakuda]
    #4071455 - 04/19/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm doing this for many reasons,
1)I like growing plants in the garden, I find it enjoyable to be out under the sun and working with plants that I help to live and maintain.
2)These plants have amazing history, I feel a part of that history and connected to something great. Growing them is exciting to me.
3)Some of these plants have potential to give great experiences, and even learning through more powerful dreaming etc.
4)It's possible the government may try to control some of these plants, the more people who have them and grow them now the more difficult it will be for them to emplace and enforce such laws.

At this point I would rather grow plants that are easier to grow, however I am willing to put more effort into plants that may have some special purpose for me such as Blue Lotus.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinegryphix
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4072215 - 04/19/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Blue lotus is Nymphaea caerulea not Nymphaea nouchali var. caerulea. And growing from seed might not work because most lilies (unsure if Nymphaea caerulea does or if it even matters) will hybridize. Growing from a cutting of a tuber that is known to come from a blue lotus is the only way to know the plant is truly a blue lotus. If you are looking for a blue lotus plant, I suggest looking in the yellow pages and calling water garden stores and asking if they carry it or know where to find it.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: gryphix]
    #4073424 - 04/19/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This site mentions growing Blue Lotus from seed.

I have seen Blue Lotus referred to as both Nymphaea Caerulea AND Nymphaea Nouchali Var. Caerulea, for simplicity, I'll just use Blue Lotus from now on, I just wanted to use the full name in case people were doing a search for it.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#4074910 - 04/19/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ahh thats cool man.  i am into the hobby for very similar reasons :smile:

well, hbwr/rivea i find to be very nice house plants.  my rivea has taken well to growing up right unassisted (future bonsai).  theres a thread on getting them to bloom.  without any discussion about it in this thread all ill say is dotn grow them with the expectations of getting seeds.

no garden is complete without peyote.  they are just so damn unique and in a whole other class on their own when it comes to the cool factor.

mescal bean is a personal favourite.  although i cant get the f***ing things to grow :frown:  even recieved a few seedligns from a memeber here and they died :mad:  im jinxed on that one, but im sure anyone can easily grow them.

daturas, not much to say that hasnt been said millions of times throughout.

loving my klip dagga.  its growing real bushy and just now set flower at 5" tall(the day before it goes outside to grow big :smirk:).

psychotria is pretty cool all around.  mine are still small, but they are going to serve as houseplants once larger.

i do desmanthus and mimosa cause they are easy and have real cool foliage.  i LOVE that leaf type.

i strongly suggest yopo!  it has nothing to do with my inability to sprout it and my want for more grow logs :grin:

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4075170 - 04/19/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: Kadakuda, good luck this year with your plants.

Well, I went to walmart and they don't have any Morning Glory seeds this year!!! :eek:
I plan to check a few other stores tomorrow and hopefully I'll find some.
If not, I have an old seed pack of Heavenly Blue MG from 2 years ago, what do you think are the odds of any of these germinating? :shake:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#4075277 - 04/19/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

very good.

--------------------

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #4075531 - 04/20/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

just letting you know jaguarwarrior101 "angels trumpet" isnt strmonium or inoxia is brugmansia

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: durban_poison]
    #4075805 - 04/20/05 03:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

durban_poison said:
just letting you know jaguarwarrior101 "angels trumpet" isnt strmonium or inoxia is brugmansia

Yeah I know that now, it does however really resemble them.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4079296 - 04/20/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like I'll soon be growing a Peyote cutting, Peyote seeds, and some Peruvian Torch seeds. Can anyone here who has grown sacred cacti from either cuttings or seeds tell us about your experience, what worked for you and what you recommend? I've already read a few growing tips on the net, but I like to hear a few experiences from different individuals who may not have had that much experience before.
:wexican:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4082732 - 04/21/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I received my order from Shaman's Palace today, they are awesome! I even got 3 gifts with an order of only $40USD!
(1g kratom extract, 2 packets of two different Papaver Somniferum(opium poppies). :eek:
I recommend them to anyone! :thumbup:

So preparations have begun for JaguarWarrior's Psychedelic Garden... :cheers:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4084959 - 04/22/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yippee more arrivals from I Am Shaman! Another good company. :thumbup: But I only got 1 gift this time. :smirk:
Once my cacti has arrived from Enthogarden my garden will be complete for the most part.
There's only two plants I couldn't find seeds for that I still really want:
1)Blue Lotus
2)Kratom

Here's a thread on growing Desmanthus Illinoensis, since we don't have much info on it in this thread.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4085030 - 04/22/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone know much about Desmanthus Leptolobus? From what I've gathered it's much like Illinoensis, only smaller and grows flat along the ground.
It's also called Prairie mimosa, Prairie bundleflower, and Slenderlobed bundleflower. I'm interested to know if it has the same DMT content as Illinoensis.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4085556 - 04/22/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I am no authority in the matter, but in my personal observations on what I?ve read etc, it would seem to me that some of these plants can be categorized as follows, these plants contain the same active alkaloids and have similar germinating/growing requirements. I?m trying to make this as accurate as possible, so please feel free to tell me what you think I should add in or change.

Vines that contain LSA in their seeds. - Morning Glory family (Convolvulaceae)
Seeds: Outer shell Can be nicked, then should be soaked for 24 hours before planting in soil, do not use bottom heat.
1)Ipomoea "Morning Glory"
2)Hawaiian Baby Woodrose
3)Rivea corymbosa (slightly less hardy than Morning Glory)

Plants that contain DMT in their root bark.
Seeds: There seems to be some confusion over this, but some say you should bring a container of water to a boil on the stove or in the microwave, and dump the seeds into the container, then let the seeds soak over night.
1)Mimosa Hostilis (succulent, perennial herb, becoming woody with age)
2)Desmanthus Illinoensis (perennial weed legume)

Cacti that contain mescaline.
Seeds: Place the cactus soil in container or pot, then place the seeds on top of the soil. Seeds need an initially warm and very humid environment. Preferably in a propagation chamber with bottom heat.
1)Lophophora Williamsii (peyote)
2)Trichocereus Peruvianus & Pachanoi (Peruvian Torch & San Pedro)

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#4087008 - 04/22/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Leptolobus grows way slower and smaller for me. less than half the size. they are supposed to be somewhat highish in dmt i think. moreso than illinoensis.

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4087729 - 04/23/05 05:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Where did you hear that?

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#4088272 - 04/23/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

probably here on the forums.  ive read that they are the highest concentration of any plant in USA/CAN. 

really cant think where i heard it, so ignore it till someone backs me up :grin:

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4088589 - 04/23/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Is there any way to test the DMT levels, if one were so inclined?

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Kratom Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies