Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist
    #4062597 - 04/16/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.rense.com/general64/james.htm

James Arthur Dies, World's
Foremost Ethno-Mycologist
4-16-5

It is with regret that we announce the loss of James Arthur under circumstances which remain clouded and suspicious. A terse news report, disputed on a number of counts by his associates and family, states he was 'found dead in jail with a sheet around his neck.' His death has been ruled a 'suicide' according to police. No other details were released. He was arrested on charges of alleged 'sexual misconduct' with a minor...charges his associates claim were conveniently made by a recently-terminated 'secretary' who had reportedly been hired to type the manuscript of a new book...and then fired.

There is much more to this story and we will present further information as is becomes available.

James Arthur made his first appearance on national radio on our program and his extraordinary knowledge of human history and Ethnomycology were truly a marvel.

James subsequently became a regular and anticipated special guest every Christmas season and made a fascinating illustrated presentation on how the little red-capped amanita muscaria mushroom has been not only a staple of Christmas cards since the first cards were produced, but has, in fact, been pictured in illustrated history since Roman times. James' visits were always fun and intriguing, and unquestionably opened new doorways through which to reconsider many fundamental aspects of human experience for over two millennia.

James Arthur was a unique and gifted researcher and will be missed by many. The work he leaves behind, however, will continue to enlighten and stimulate all those who seek the truth of our history on this troubled planet. -Jeff Rense

The following Bio of James by our friend and colleague Jordan Maxwell is well worth reading...

By Jordan Maxwell
4-16-5

Having become fascinated with religions of all types at an early age James Arthur hurtled into deep study for 25 years. Having discovered works by such Pioneers (in Ethno-Mycology) as (1) R. Gordon Wasson and (2) John Marco Allegro. James set out on a quest to unravel the mysterious meanings and implications of sacramental ingestion of plants in a religious context.

In 1976 R. Gordon Wasson told James, in his opinion, James was the world's leading expert in the field of Ethno-Mycology, as it pertains to Christianity. He also referred to James as his dear friend. This was over 20 years ago and James has never stopped studying since. James devotes his work to his Mentor and friend R. Gordon Wasson and considers Gordon's life's work to be "The roots for the most valuable study of all".

Mushrooms/Religion/Ethno-Mycology

James Arthur has been a long time Student of Tibetan Buddhism (under the Guidance of Lama Tharchin Rimposhee, Lama Lodro, and many others). James' Tibetan name "DORJE DROLOD" has deep meaning in itself.

James is also an ordained Christian Priest. This is not meant to be a condoning of any priesthood or Christian religion but is only mentioned for reference purposes to show an in-depth familiarity (due to extensive study) with Christianity. James advises against joining any priesthood, religion, church or organization that requires a sworn oath or acceptance of a belief system.

James exposes faults as well as positive aspects of religion, a necessary step for anyone in the type of position he is in. As a teacher he releases the bonds of religious upbringing and indoctrination; empowering the individual. He considers study of all religions valuable as long as one is careful to discern between fantasy and reality and understand that the only universal law is the "Golden Rule".

James is/has been friends, and/or is associated with: R. Gordon Wasson, Terence McKenna, Sasha Shulgin, K. Trout, Dan Russell, Thomas Lyttle, Myron Stolaroff, David Hatcher Childress, William Bramley, Acharya S., Arthur Horn, Richard C. Hoagland, Stan Tennen, Lloyd Pye, Jordan Maxwell, Zechariah Sitchin, Neil Slade, Iona Miller, John Major Jenkins, William Henry, Jason Salzmann, John Allegro, Amado Crowley, David Aurora, Paul Stamets, Wade Davis, Peter Furst, Jace Callaway, Jochen Gartz, Giorgio Samorini, Christopher Dunn, Alan Alford, Karena Bryan, Abd el' Hakim Awayan, Stephen Mehler, Alan Alford, Ananda, Jack Barranger, Robert Eisenmann, John Allen, Paul Kroeger, Dale Pendell, Ann Shulgin, Andrew Weil, Manny Salzmann, Wade Davis, Bo Holmstedt, Gary Lincoff, Dennis McKenna, Taylor Lockwood and many others who have helped him to piece together the fabric of one of the most fascinating quilts of understanding. The quest for the meaning of life. It is highly recommended that you further research the names on this list.

James has lectured at conferences, given instruction, and advised in the fields of Ethno-Mycology, Shamanism, Religious Theology (Ancient and Modern Religions), Psychology, and Soul Healing in The United States and abroad for the last 19 years. A long time member of the M.S.S.F., N.A.M.A., An Ordained Priest, and qualified reader of the Tibetan Book Of The Dead, he has appeared on Radio talk shows such as Coast To Coast AM, "The Heart of The Matter" a "Perceptions Magazine" Radio show with Host Ivie West, "Hilly Rose" (The Master of Talk Radio), "Strange Universe" with host Sean David Morton, Santa Cruz based radio show "The Night Hawk" with host Dave Allen, The Jeff Rense Program, "The Laura Lee Show" with host Laura Lee, "The Lou Epton Show" with host Lou Epton, "The Jack Stockwell Show" with host Jack Stockwell, "The X-Zone" with host Rob McConnell, KPFK's "Roy of Hollywood" with hosts Jordan Maxwell and Eben Rey, various programs broadcast world-wide on WWCR (World Wide Christian Radio), "The Mythos Freethought Radio" with Host Wade Mythos, "Parascience and Beyond" with host Uri Geller. Co-guest appearances with Jordan Maxwell, and John Rapoport discussing Secret Societies and Initiatory Rites are the types of programs that have sparked considerable thought. Special appearances at the Mycological Society of San Francisco's (M.S.S.F.) 30th anniversary fungus fair, The Consciousness Technologies Conference in Sisters, Oregon, The Breitenbush Mushroom Festival (Oregon) and the Ancient Wisdom Conference in Gizeh, Egypt are examples of the various live speaking appearances in the last few years.

James has theories that have been making many knowledgeable people stand up and listen. He pulls no punches when it comes to explaining the origins of and establishment of religions and the usage of plants as spiritual tools throughout human history. Controversial and stunning, mind blowing and thought provoking he is a dynamic speaker that interjects some great humor into otherwise devastatingly serious topics. As he puts it and I wholeheartedly agree:

"The time has come for this knowledge to be revealed into plain sight. It is no longer the property of those few elite to keep hidden from the general population. The sleepers must awaken"
--James Arthur 1998

I invite you to read very closely a message of profound importance in our times.

Jordan Maxwell - 1998

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefanaticus
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: usefulidiot]
    #4064573 - 04/17/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

News from the San Joaquin Valley
Associated Press

MADERA, Calif. - The death of a Madera County Jail inmate found in
his cell last week has been ruled a suicide, authorities said.

James Arthur Dugovic, 47, of Bass Lake, was discovered by jailers
Friday afternoon with a bed sheet tied around his neck.
Dugovic was taken to Madera Community Hospital, where he was
pronounced dead.
He was arrested in April 2004, Madera County Sheriff's Department
spokeswoman Erica Stuart said. Stuart said Dugovic was a registered
sex offender facing new charges of sexual misconduct with children.

Dugovic reportedly was set to appear in court April 26 for a
preliminary hearing on child molestation charges. He had pleaded
not guilty and was held in Madera County Jail on $300,000 bail.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#4064915 - 04/17/05 07:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

--------------------

OfflineArdRi
traveler

Loc: northeast usa
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: ivi]
    #4065441 - 04/17/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If this was that James Arthur and i have still not read anything anywhere which confirms it is, I looked up that name on the California Sex Offender registry and there is no entry for that name or of This James Arthur's description in Madera County. I do not know where JA lives but the article said the dead prisoner was a registered sex offender which maybe though the registry does not contain his entry nor does James Arthur's web site contain any notice about his death. So is it the same JA?

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: ArdRi]
    #4065641 - 04/17/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.jamesarthur.net/about.html <- Sad, but it is true.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: ArdRi]
    #4069151 - 04/18/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This also came as a shock to me since james is aclose personal frined of mine.

Someone sent me this page today.

rense.com

James Arthur Dies, World's
Foremost Ethno-Mycologist
4-16-5

It is with regret that we announce the loss of James Arthur under circumstances which remain clouded and suspicious. A terse news report, disputed on a number of counts by his associates and family, states he was 'found dead in jail with a sheet around his neck.' His death has been ruled a 'suicide' according to police. No other details were released. He was arrested on charges of alleged 'sexual misconduct' with a minor...charges his associates claim were conveniently made by a recently-terminated 'secretary' who had reportedly been hired to type the manuscript of a new book...and then fired.

There is much more to this story and we will present further information as is becomes available.

James Arthur made his first appearance on national radio on our program and his extraordinary knowledge of human history and Ethnomycology were truly a marvel.

James subsequently became a regular and anticipated special guest every Christmas season and made a fascinating illustrated presentation on how the little red-capped amanita muscaria mushroom has been not only a staple of Christmas cards since the first cards were produced, but has, in fact, been pictured in illustrated history since Roman times. James' visits were always fun and intriguing, and unquestionably opened new doorways through which to reconsider many fundamental aspects of human experience for over two millennia.

James Arthur was a unique and gifted researcher and will be missed by many. The work he leaves behind, however, will continue to enlighten and stimulate all those who seek the truth of our history on this troubled planet. -Jeff Rense

The following Bio of James by our friend and colleague Jordan Maxwell is well worth reading...

By Jordan Maxwell
4-16-5

Having become fascinated with religions of all types at an early age James Arthur hurtled into deep study for 25 years. Having discovered works by such Pioneers (in Ethno-Mycology) as (1) R. Gordon Wasson and (2) John Marco Allegro. James set out on a quest to unravel the mysterious meanings and implications of sacramental ingestion of plants in a religious context.

In 1976 R. Gordon Wasson told James, in his opinion, James was the world's leading expert in the field of Ethno-Mycology, as it pertains to Christianity. He also referred to James as his dear friend. This was over 20 years ago and James has never stopped studying since. James devotes his work to his Mentor and friend R. Gordon Wasson and considers Gordon's life's work to be "The roots for the most valuable study of all".

Mushrooms/Religion/Ethno-Mycology

James Arthur has been a long time Student of Tibetan Buddhism (under the Guidance of Lama Tharchin Rimposhee, Lama Lodro, and many others). James' Tibetan name "DORJE DROLOD" has deep meaning in itself.

James is also an ordained Christian Priest. This is not meant to be a condoning of any priesthood or Christian religion but is only mentioned for reference purposes to show an in-depth familiarity (due to extensive study) with Christianity. James advises against joining any priesthood, religion, church or organization that requires a sworn oath or acceptance of a belief system.

James exposes faults as well as positive aspects of religion, a necessary step for anyone in the type of position he is in. As a teacher he releases the bonds of religious upbringing and indoctrination; empowering the individual. He considers study of all religions valuable as long as one is careful to discern between fantasy and reality and understand that the only universal law is the "Golden Rule".

James is/has been friends, and/or is associated with: R. Gordon Wasson, Terence McKenna, Sasha Shulgin, K. Trout, Dan Russell, Thomas Lyttle, Myron Stolaroff, David Hatcher Childress, William Bramley, Acharya S., Arthur Horn, Richard C. Hoagland, Stan Tennen, Lloyd Pye, Jordan Maxwell, Zechariah Sitchin, Neil Slade, Iona Miller, John Major Jenkins, William Henry, Jason Salzmann, John Allegro, Amado Crowley, David Aurora, Paul Stamets, Wade Davis, Peter Furst, Jace Callaway, Jochen Gartz, Giorgio Samorini, Christopher Dunn, Alan Alford, Karena Bryan, Abd el' Hakim Awayan, Stephen Mehler, Alan Alford, Ananda, Jack Barranger, Robert Eisenmann, John Allen, Paul Kroeger, Dale Pendell, Ann Shulgin, Andrew Weil, Manny Salzmann, Wade Davis, Bo Holmstedt, Gary Lincoff, Dennis McKenna, Taylor Lockwood and many others who have helped him to piece together the fabric of one of the most fascinating quilts of understanding. The quest for the meaning of life. It is highly recommended that you further research the names on this list.

James has lectured at conferences, given instruction, and advised in the fields of Ethno-Mycology, Shamanism, Religious Theology (Ancient and Modern Religions), Psychology, and Soul Healing in The United States and abroad for the last 19 years. A long time member of the M.S.S.F., N.A.M.A., An Ordained Priest, and qualified reader of the Tibetan Book Of The Dead, he has appeared on Radio talk shows such as Coast To Coast AM, "The Heart of The Matter" a "Perceptions Magazine" Radio show with Host Ivie West, "Hilly Rose" (The Master of Talk Radio), "Strange Universe" with host Sean David Morton, Santa Cruz based radio show "The Night Hawk" with host Dave Allen, The Jeff Rense Program, "The Laura Lee Show" with host Laura Lee, "The Lou Epton Show" with host Lou Epton, "The Jack Stockwell Show" with host Jack Stockwell, "The X-Zone" with host Rob McConnell, KPFK's "Roy of Hollywood" with hosts Jordan Maxwell and Eben Rey, various programs broadcast world-wide on WWCR (World Wide Christian Radio), "The Mythos Freethought Radio" with Host Wade Mythos, "Parascience and Beyond" with host Uri Geller. Co-guest appearances with Jordan Maxwell, and John Rapoport discussing Secret Societies and Initiatory Rites are the types of programs that have sparked considerable thought. Special appearances at the Mycological Society of San Francisco's (M.S.S.F.) 30th anniversary fungus fair, The Consciousness Technologies Conference in Sisters, Oregon, The Breitenbush Mushroom Festival (Oregon) and the Ancient Wisdom Conference in Gizeh, Egypt are examples of the various live speaking appearances in the last few years.

James has theories that have been making many knowledgeable people stand up and listen. He pulls no punches when it comes to explaining the origins of and establishment of religions and the usage of plants as spiritual tools throughout human history. Controversial and stunning, mind blowing and thought provoking he is a dynamic speaker that interjects some great humor into otherwise devastatingly serious topics. As he puts it and I wholeheartedly agree:

"The time has come for this knowledge to be revealed into plain sight. It is no longer the property of those few elite to keep hidden from the general population. The sleepers must awaken"
--James Arthur 1998

I invite you to read very closely a message of profound importance in our times.

Jordan Maxwell - 1998

From Scott Brown
An email to Lloyd Pye...

I suppose you might have already received this news, but it's very sad. I've more than once been to his web site and spent hours there; in fact, he's the one who first made me aware of the work of Gordon Wasson and Carl Ruck, whose books I regularly (as recently as yesterday) cite for my interpretations of Plato and Nietzsche (Birth of Tragedy; i.e., the style and potency of the intoxicants involved in the development of ancient tragedy (a word that means "goat song," in reference to the role of the Satyrs and the choric origin of tragedy, which Nietzsche says the ancients tell us was in origin chorus and nothing but chorus--which I've of course also confirmed from more standard sources). I even write the titles of Wasson and Ruck on the board for those students interested in following it up.

James Arthur is entirely responsible for my becoming aware of this work, which is actually something I've learned about since the time you and I have corresponding. From his site, I gathered he wasn't near the accomplished writer that I presume Mckenna was (not able to afford his books) from the fact that transcripts of his speech, as well as what I heard live of him on Art Bell on more than one occasion; but talk about lucid insights: James Arthur conveyed avenues of the relevance of hallucinogens to philosophy in ways that made it possible, even necessary, to incorporate this work directly into my lectures even to introductory philosophy students.

Disclaimer

Email This Article

MainPage
http://www.rense.com

This Site Served by TheHostPros

ANd here is a recent piucture of James and I from our lectures at Breitenbush Hot Springs in 2001.

mj

God Bless James and hope he is resting peacefully in a place better than where he was when he left us.

mj

OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4071533 - 04/19/05 03:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

: Intentional negative trolling intentions are NOT ALLOWED.

-motaman

Edited by motaman (04/28/05 01:30 AM)

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Darcho]
    #4072656 - 04/19/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

this is fucked up.
:frown:

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Offlinegrathius
Stranger
    #4080926 - 04/21/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the sex offender/molestation allegements are fraudulent. put in place there to charge falsely and with malicious intent, to attack the good name and reputation of James Arthur, and to force him into jail - where he was to be murdered if uncooperative. the $300,000 bail made sure that there was no possibility of him leaving anytime soon. if the trial had proceeded, as it was soon to come up, no legitimate evidence would be presented in the attack on James Arthur. eventually he would have been released. after that point, a connection to the orchestrators behind, could possibly be more easily followed if further investigation was undertaken. this was to be avoided at all cost and the action to silence was held out for as long as possible, until finally the trial was approaching and the deed was done.

if one wishes to investigate this matter further and possibly find the connections to the orchestrators behind, follow these clues...

- the results of the autopsy of James Arthur's body (Madera Community Hospital)
- the circumstances surrounding the crime scene
- the questioning of security in the prison - guards and management, the log of opening cell doors
- the questioning of other prisoners - what they have heard/seen etc
- interviewing anyone in prison who has spoken to James Arthur
- interviewing Erica Stuart of Madera County Sheriff's Department - more information about the charges. When and How were they registered.
- questioning the recently-terminated 'secretary' about her claims.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Darcho]
    #4082032 - 04/21/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

:)

huh?

whatcha talking about Willis?

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Edited by motaman (04/28/05 01:31 AM)

Offlinefanaticus
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Roadkill]
    #4082627 - 04/21/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The spokesperson at the Madera county police dept said
James was a "REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER". Well that
is the crux of the matter. If one is a registered sex offender
that is because one was charged, indicted, put on trial, found
guilty and sentenced. On release from prison, then one is a
"REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER".

And another thing. Committing suicide in jail is very hard to do.

I know, I been there. What James did was strangle himself with
a sheet. He did not hang himself. Committing suicide in jail
or prison takes a lot of initiative, will power and ferocious desire.

I think the obvious about James is true - he probably was covering
up his sexual deviancy problems and everybody is in denial.

But then, what is a sexual deviant? It goes from Michael Jackson
to that ass hole who murdered that little girl down in Florida by
burying her ALIVE!!!!

We won't know the truth ever, but let's not create some scenario that
is just what we want it to be.

The Professor

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: fanaticus]
    #4082959 - 04/21/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If he was a registered sex offender, he would be on the registered sex offender list, which he is not.

now stop spreading bullshit rumors/lies

Quote:

Darcho said:
edit by motaman

sounds like some shit talk to MJ if I do say so myself. Correct me if I'm wrong, Darcho

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Edited by motaman (04/28/05 01:32 AM)

Offlinefanaticus
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: derx]
    #4083035 - 04/21/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

First of all, what "sex offender" list are we talking about?

All I am saying, is that the spokesperson for the Madera
county police dept says that he was on some sex offender
list.

So I believe her. If it is true, the cops would know.

So the deal would be, to call madera county police
dept in (BASS LAKE) were the jail is and ask where
the sex offender list is and how to see it.

So I believe the spokesperson, If you don't want to,
you can prove me wrong by just getting on the phone
and making a few phone calls. And since there is
such a thing as registered sex offender lists, I am sure
the cops in BASS LAKE or Madera County california
would be happy to direct you to the truth.

The Professor

Offlinefanaticus
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: fanaticus]
    #4083062 - 04/21/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

To say it again. I don't want to get into a pissy bull shit
bunch of arguments.

News from the San Joaquin Valley
Associated Press

MADERA, Calif. - Madera County Jail inmate

James Arthur Dugovic, 47, of Bass Lake,
Madera Community Hospital, where he was
pronounced dead.

Madera County Sheriff's Department
spokeswoman Erica Stuart said. Stuart said Dugovic was a registered
sex offender facing new charges of sexual misconduct with children.

So There - you have all the info you need to find out if these charges
are true, or are about some other guy. All you do is call Madera
county jail - try to get a hold of Erica Stuart and ask her where you can
get the info. Sex registration sites are the new big thing. Every fucking
day I hear about some Sex offender registration thing. It's hot.

So don't accuse me of "spreading bullshit rumors/lies"

The Professor

InvisibleveggieM

re: [Re: fanaticus]
    #4083184 - 04/21/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: grathius]
    #4083870 - 04/22/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

grathius said:
the sex offender/molestation allegements are fraudulent. put in place there to charge falsely and with malicious intent, to attack the good name and reputation of James Arthur, and to force him into jail - where he was to be murdered if uncooperative. the $300,000 bail made sure that there was no possibility of him leaving anytime soon. if the trial had proceeded, as it was soon to come up, no legitimate evidence would be presented in the attack on James Arthur. eventually he would have been released. after that point, a connection to the orchestrators behind, could possibly be more easily followed if further investigation was undertaken. this was to be avoided at all cost and the action to silence was held out for as long as possible, until finally the trial was approaching and the deed was done.

if one wishes to investigate this matter further and possibly find the connections to the orchestrators behind, follow these clues...

- the questioning of security in the prison - guards and management, the log of opening cell doors
- interviewing Erica Stuart of Madera County Sheriff's Department - more information about the charges. When and How were they registered.

yes i think he was killed and made to look like a pervert because he knew too much

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: AhronZombi]
    #4084048 - 04/22/05 06:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

See link above.....

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: veggie]
    #4084128 - 04/22/05 07:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Offences:288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS

Under 14? That's fucked up.

Offlinexlurkerx
Stranger
    #4085487 - 04/22/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Just out of curiosity I looked on a sex offender website for California and sure enough a James Arthur Dugovic is listed. It sure looks like the same guy, except without the beard.

Looks like it's been pulled from the site.

I saw it last night but didn't save the page and I can't find it in my cache. If anyone has a copy of that page saved in their temp internet files, please send me a PM. I think it's important to have because I think the James Arthur people will try to deny he was ever listed as a sex offender.

Thanks

Offlinexlurkerx
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: xlurkerx]
    #4085822 - 04/22/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

*bump*

Offlineneilslade
Stranger
    #4093785 - 04/24/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear-

Mushrooms have played a large part in my life and in learning to self-control my brain

Neil Slade
www.NeilSlade.com
THA AMAZING BRAIN ADVENTURE

OfflineKathyX
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: grathius]
    #4098076 - 04/26/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

grathius said:

You cannot be serious about this! It's a pity that you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Let me say that my HUSBAND works for the Madera County jail. He directed me to this perverts site to show me how screwed up the guy was. First thing I saw was how his death was suspicious, did YOU write that? Were you there? My husband was! But hey, I checked into it because that's what I do. I then ran across this board. I also called my husband at work (he's working a double tonight). I guess I should thank you for the laugh he got. Where do you get this stuff? Do you even know the scope of what he really did to those children? Dear, kind, sweet Mr. James Arthur liked to ram objects up children's anal cavities.

Here's an idea... why don't you tell us the circumstances surrounding the "crime scene." Oh wait, you can't because you weren't there! Unless you want to admit you helped sodomize those children because that's the only REAL CRIME SCENE! A pervert hanging himself is NOT a crime scene. Shoot, it's not even a crime! It's a blessing! At least we don't have to pay for his attorney fees!

The fact is that he took his own sheet and spun it tight, like a rope. Tied a knot in one end and flipped it up over his cell door as the doors were closing. The knot and closed door held the sheet up. He tied the other end (the end on his cell side) in a noose type knot. He then stuck his head in and bent his knees. No chair, no cot... nothing... he bent his own knees and hung HIMSELF, alone in his cell.

Have you ever seen the Madera County Jail? It's set up just like a prison. They have modules separated anywhere from maximum security to weekend drop ins. They hold as many as 200 prisoners at one time awaiting trial. Some prisoners are there for as long as 2 years going through their trial. Molesters are put with their own kind in maximum security. Here's some questions for you... Who was the officer that found him dead? How many officers were working his module that day? What time did it happen? I know the answers, do you? Another question, why isn't the jail under investigation if they murdered someone? Maybe I should clue you in on a little fact that Madera isn't a very big town and the officers in the jail come from all over. MOST live out of town and don't even know each other except at work. Your theory is so insane. If you knew anything about the Madera County Jail you'd be really embarrassed by what you've said. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the video cameras that monitor the corridors... lol. Maybe all the guards are invisible in your world.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: KathyX]
    #4098156 - 04/26/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Do you even know the scope of what he really did to those children? Dear, kind, sweet Mr. James Arthur liked to ram objects up children's anal cavities.

So he actually molested a whole bunch of them?

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4098288 - 04/26/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has become worthless. You have one guy that sounds like Arthur's lawyer trying to defend him, and then a wife of a prison guard pretending to know Arthur's whole story. No one knows for sure but his victims(if he had any) and himself...let it go.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Organic]
    #4098344 - 04/26/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I went to the Megans law site and there is only one Arthur registered there under the name of Charles James Arthur. I couold find no one registered there as James Arthur oras James Arthur Durovic.

AS for a Guard's wife accidently finding this website spot and referring to James Arthur as "my dear James Arthur" sounds like a phony letter to me.

I find the story strange as why would the wife of a guard, post here first in a first one post here, all of a sudden look this up in the internet and then come to the shroomery, yet this same story is posted at all of the drug sites and this woman never posted anything elsewhere.

And as for the Megan's laew, do they really tell you what charges where actually made against a particular sex offender, or is it just not listed what they do to whom and when.

I personally do not believe the Guard story by an alledged wife of a guard.

She offered no proof of anything in her post.

MJ.

So please stop the rumors until some printed proof is posted as to what he alledgedly did or did not do can be proven or unproven.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (04/26/05 09:49 AM)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4098354 - 04/26/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

James Arthur Durogsvic, not sure on the exact spelling of the last name, was his full name AFAIK. His picture was on the sex offender site under that name until I guess they realized he was dead from all of the hits it was receiving.

--------------------

Offlinefanaticus
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Organic]
    #4099019 - 04/26/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, and I saw that photo of him too - James Arthur (Durogsvic) was a registered sex offender. And the reason he is no longer listed is simple - the guys dead.

I sure never heard of him but then I don't go to entheogenic conferences and
I am ignorant of that scene.

But I have to say, that sure took a lot of guts the way he killled himself - that was no easy way!

The Professor

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#4101276 - 04/27/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KathyX said:
Do you even know the scope of what he really did to those children?  Dear, kind, sweet Mr. James Arthur liked to ram objects up children's anal cavities.

Damn! :confused:

Quote:

rense.com:
Charges his associates claim were conveniently made by a recently-terminated 'secretary' who had reportedly been hired to type the manuscript of a new book...and then fired.

Can you elaborate on what crimes exactly he was accused for? Different sides have different stories, but I'd like to hear more from both.

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4101350 - 04/27/05 12:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Here's an idea... why don't you tell us the circumstances surrounding the "crime scene." Oh wait, you can't because you weren't there!

Quote:

Were you there?

I doubt anyone here would defend the actions of child molestation, but don't come trolling in this forum. . If you care not to respond then I will ban you from this forum for trolling. Your he said, she said is as bad as the cloudy media.

-motaman

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: motaman]
    #4102652 - 04/27/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Motaman for the comments of kathy. I too find her statements unbelievable.

mj

OfflineKathyX
Stranger
    #4105811 - 04/28/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
I went to the Megans law site and there is only one Arthur registered there under the name of Charles James Arthur.  I couold find no one registered there as James Arthur oras James Arthur Durovic.

AS for a Guard's wife accidently finding this website spot and referring to James Arthur as "my dear James Arthur" sounds like a phony letter to me.

I find the story strange as why would the wife of a guard, post here first in a first one post here, all of a sudden look this up in the internet and then come to the shroomery, yet this same story is posted at all of the drug sites and this woman never posted anything elsewhere.

And as for the Megan's laew, do they really tell you what charges where actually made against a particular sex  offender, or is it just not listed what they do to whom and when.

I personally do not believe the Guard story by an alledged wife of a guard.

She offered no proof of anything in her post.

MJ.

So please stop the rumors until some printed proof is posted as to what he alledgedly did or did not do can be proven or unproven.

mj

Okay, I had to pick a post to reply to as I'm not going to reply to all of them. I figured this was as good as any because I can tell you how I accidentally ran across this site. Then maybe we can move on? Type in the search engine "James Arthur Madera" and this is the first site that comes up. Why did I type that in? Because I was looking for the newspaper article. Like I said, I like to check things out. I found this site instead and found it rather humorous and sickening at the same time, so I called my husband and well... here I am, believe it or not. Here's a thought, guards, cops, lawyers, judges and so on... have spouses that actually visit web sites and read message boards. We also play Pogo games! I'm a stay at home mom and this is what I do in my spare time. Wow, really hard to believe.  :shocked:

So what do you want to know? Maybe what he looked like when he was found dead? How about the name of the ambulance service that picked him up? His best friend's (in jail) name? How about what the guards thought of him "personality" wise? What he was wearing when he was found? The exact module he was housed in? How about the color of his beard? (hint: it wasn't the same color that appears in the picture on this thread.) Did I know him? Nope, and never claimed I did. My husband did. How about broken bones? Want to know what was broken? I'm not sure what "proof" you want, this is a message board and there is only so much I can do. You'll have to ask the questions for me to answer. They can only relate to the jail because my husband (along with the other guards) only knew him in jail.

They did NOT kill him, and that was the main purpose of my original post. Might I add that the first post I responded to said something about checking the "log of the cell doors." LOL, there is NO such log that exists in the jail, lol. They have "daily" logs. It's not the doors opening and closing that's being logged, it's the programming and lock down that's logged. Totally different, although the cell door actually opens and closes during these times, it's of no significance. The doors of different cells open and close ALL DAY LONG and it's NOT the cell opening and closing that's logged. Common sense will say that the cell doors had to be opened for programming, but that's where it ends. Example: an attorney may go and talk to a client but he/she may talk through the cell door OR the door may be opened... NO LOG stating one way or the other.

There isn't much hope of proving anything. I can give it my best shot though because I think it's pathetic that a child molester can kill himself and so many people can jump to his defense. Accusing honest people of murdering him is so insane that it's impossible to even describe. Here's a tip though: There was only one guard on duty in his module that afternoon. My husband said my 14 year old (small framed) daughter had a better chance of killing James Arthur Dugovic then the guard that was on duty. Yes, he was being funny but he thought the whole thought of that guard being some kind of murderer was hilarious. Anyway, ask your questions, I'll do my best. It's better than ASSuming you know me and trying to make it look like I don't live here. And FTR, I didn't say anything "untrue" in my original post. I called it like I saw it, and I see a bunch of people refusing to believe he could be a child molester. Apparently James D. couldn't handle what he had done so he killed himself. Either that or he wasn't looking forward to spending the years ahead of him in prison. We all know what happens to child molesters in prison and he clearly did too.

Might I add that I didn't call him "MY" dear James Arthur as you so stated above. In my original post I was being sarcastic, sorry you didn't catch that. I don't personally have ANY sympathy for child molesters.

One of the child molesters in there raped a 3 year old child. Totally raped her. She lay on the bathroom floor bleeding and dying as the molester left the bathroom (family gathering). Someone was waiting to use the bathroom and saw what he'd done. Family members beat the man so badly that he was hospitalized before he could go to the jail. The baby was rushed to Valley Children's Hospital in critical condition! We never found out if she lived or died. These people are just plain sick!

I'm told about a lot of the inmates, James Arthur was just one of them.  No shock, nothing new. What shocked me was the fact that people are defending him and accusing the guards of murdering him.

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
    #4106414 - 04/28/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hello. I just came across the vile post by some idiot called "Kathy X". What a load of crap! She must be related to the meth addict people who put James in Jail. No one who knew the truth about James would ever post such insane garbage. No child was ever violated according to the police reports. I know, because I was there the whole time, and I am typing this from James's house right now, where I have lived for the last 6 years, with James. These fucked up people were going to try to file a civil suit to get money from the book that James was writing with Jack Herer, who stupidly told everyone they were going to be millionares from the proceeds. I can't even put into words what scum these people are, and the ordeals they put us through the last two years. They are nothing but liars and thieves. In fact the last words James wrote were about the frustration he had with the Madera County Sheriff's department's failure to prosecute these people for robbing his house the day he was arrested. Even after they were caught with the stolen property!
I know James, I lived here then, and I live here now! I lived through this whole ordeal. As for the Fresno Bee/Associated Press article: The article is worded strangely.

The key words are: "He had pleaded not guilty and was held in Madera County Jail on $300,000 bail". NOT GUILTLY!

It fails to mention that these charges were brought by a disgruntled former secretary who was hired by Jack Herer to "type" the manuscript they were working on. This "secretary" was telling friends she was going to be "a millionaire" until she was informed that "typing" does not mean "co-author" and was let go. It also fails to mention that on the day of his arrest, the so called "secretary" and Jack Herer broke into James Arthur's house and stole computers containing most of James's research as well as over $3,000 of rare books that were key to his research, as well as other property. The sheriff's department refused to prosecute the "secretary" and Jack Herer, and instead pursued these bogus charges against James, even though Jack Herer admitted having the stolen books, and the "secretary" was caught with one of the computers after taking it to Herer's house to copy the hard drive. The charges consisted of an accusation of "inappropriate touching" and were brought by the "secretary" and her lowlife meth addict friends, and encouraged by Jack's psychotic wife Jeanie. Apparently that warrants a $300,000 bail that we didn't happen to have.
It appears that the frustrated James chose to leave the planet, but there is a wrongful death action being filed by his family, and that is being investigated now. As someone who has lived and worked with James for over 15 years, and witnessed what happened, think someone should ask me for the truth before judging appearances.
It will be interesting when Jack Herer, who hasn't written a book for over 20 years, tries to publish "his" new book. I for one, and all of the friends of James Arthur who stood by him will never forget the truth about what happened to this wonderful and gentle genius of a man who was loved by so many all over the world.
There's more to this story, but it's not over yet.
Daniel,
www.jamesarthur.net

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Mysterioso]
    #4106452 - 04/28/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by MikeOLogical

Reason for deletion: dumbass me

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4106534 - 04/28/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4106543 - 04/28/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know Jack Herer too! He lived here for almost a year while Jim was writing the book. Jack only took some of Jim's books. He has never returned them to our library. Being a pot advocate doesn't make you a good person.
The worthless scum "secretary" stole his computers and a bunch of other property. The Madera Sheriffs department would not prosecute either of them for stealing Jim's property. Jim talked about that every day, even the last day he was alive. I talked to him that day. Again, I was here. I know what happened.
Daniel
www.jamesarthur.net

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

#4106558 - 04/28/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, so now this evolved into a James Arthur vs. Jack Herer thing. This shit gets weirder and weirder.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Mysterioso]
    #4106565 - 04/28/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
    #4106737 - 04/28/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The library is here, in my house. Thousands of books. Jack took some of the most expensive ones, that pertained to research for the new book Jim was writing. The newspaper article was incorrect. James did in fact plead guilty to a charge back in 1991. Basically, it related to some people being naked with children in the house. A nudist type of situation. The charges were about someone else, but Jim was in the house, so he was involved. He then had to register. As for these bogus charges in 2005: The "secretary" found Jim's card in his wallet while she was stealing money out of it, and that's where these new charges stem from. After she was informed she had no monetary interest in Jim and Jack's new book. I haved lived with James since 1992, and was involved in all his research, and know him as a person who would NEVER do anything to harm anyone. I was here, so was Jack Herer. We never saw anything happen, I know because I asked Jack too. The only thing James and I had against Jack was his failure to return the books.
Daniel
www.jamesarthur.net

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Mysterioso]
    #4106829 - 04/28/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Just Curious but in what city did you live with James?

mj

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4107010 - 04/28/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
    #4107155 - 04/28/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I lived with James from 1992 in Fresno, until we moved to North Fork Ca in 2000. Jack lived in this house for about a year from 2003 to 2004. Jack then moved into his own home in North Fork. The day Jim got arrested, Jack went into Jim's home and took the books, which he admitted to the sheriff's department. That was one of the things that Jim could not understand, why this person who he loved and trusted, came into his home and took his most precious books and still has not returned them to this day. The other people simply took property that they could sell for drugs or whatever. They stole his computer thinking that would give them some right to money from Jim's works I guess. I am very upset with Jack and his wife, we helped them try to get their lives back on track. They were living in a sparse mobile home. But they only seem to be so self centered that they think the whole world revolves around them. They only seem to be concerned with making a living off of unsuspecting potheads. I could care less, I just want the books back in the library so other true researchers can use them. He can go back to selling hemp massage oil or whatever he is doing now. He sure can't write a book by himself. He didn't seem know very much about anything deeply on these subjects until he met James and I, who challenged his intellect, and who tried our best to help him back to health and wealth.
Daniel
www.jamesarthur.net
www.jamesarthur.net

Edited by Mysterioso (04/28/05 01:41 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4107566 - 04/28/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thats the Ranger Station location of sorts?

mj

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4107629 - 04/28/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Kathy, it is a long way down from the mountain top you pretend to be looking down from. I find your comments to be DEVOID of any humanity whatsoever . . not to mention intelligence. Your hatred is obvious and reveals your motives regardless of your attempt to sound credible. I pity you.

As for the rest of you .. "Judge NOT, lest Thou be Judged."

Cyd

--------------------
Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum. Umbram Fugat Veritas!

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4107657 - 04/28/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Daniel. You have been through an ordeal that I would wish on no one. Perhaps Jack will return my brother's research materials now? One thing I know is that I have a copy of the manuscript for the new book and he better not try to publish without making proper arrangements with the family. I guess we will see who Jack really is by his actions now.

Cyd

--------------------

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Cyd]
    #4108512 - 04/28/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's right Mushroom John. That's where I still live. Hope you are well.
Daniel
www.jamesarthur.net

Invisiblenotafan
Stranger
    #4108646 - 04/28/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I found the following on James Arthur's website. The sentence about children is not in his book, only on his website.

Mushrooms and Mankind - Part 4 - Secret Societies, Religion and Government.

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER! The free world is being destroyed! Government must be stopped in their tracks and all laws regarding the freedom of human beings to put into and do with their bodies whatever they want must be abolished! This includes all children. The enforced societal model is flawed; sex and drugs are not evil, period. It is time for humanity to stand up, once again, and fight against the tenets of Fascism.

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: notafan]
    #4109387 - 04/29/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

He is not talking about kids, you dumb ass. Are we not all children? Are we not all fighting against facism? Who is behind this? I really don't like those of you who never knew James trying to run his name into the ground. Please stop this stupid crap. It's disgusting. His friends and family are dealing with the death of dearly loved person. Get a life!
Daniel
www.jamesarthur.net

Invisiblenotafan
Stranger
    #4110141 - 04/29/05 07:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I did know James. He told me his partner ?Danny Z? was an alcoholic who ruined his music business. James also told me his family hadn?t had anything to do with him for many years.

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4111230 - 04/29/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Notabrain . . you obviously don't know anything about James but hold some sort of jealous grudge. You are also a coward who posts with no identity.

As a side note: Jim was vehemently against the drugging of our youth. This referring to the rampant number of children being medicated for depression, ADD, and ADHD as a requisite to attend public schools.

Cyd

--------------------

Invisiblenotafan
Stranger
    #4111424 - 04/29/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Say what you will, but James told me he had a series of small strokes a few years ago and that none of his family would come visit him. As for "Danny Z", I feel that if he hadn't been in denial about James' problem, and would have told "the secretary" about the problem before she moved in with her 8-year old daughter, James might not have molested her and he might not be dead right now. Although, I believe there were actually 7 kids between the ages of 5 and 10 involved.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #4111608 - 04/29/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone have documented details that can be checked, or is this all just smoke and mirrors?

Documented details means specific details.

Anyone?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Joshua]
    #4112261 - 04/29/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Joshua, I have full details regarding what happend. Due to pending litigation I am not at liberty to say too much right now, but will say that I find it disgusting that anyone would post such a load of misinformation regarding the circumstances of Jim's death. It also disgusts me to see see someone be so hell bent on speaking lies regarding someone who is not here to speak for himself. James is DEAD . . evidently that is not enough for these flesh eaters. James work stands on it's own merit. He has a legacy of devotion to his work and bringing information to any one who is seeking. He is not the first nor do I expect the last to be vilified by jealous, greedy, pervaricators. It is really quite qliche'.

Cyd

--------------------

Invisiblebluehoney
Crafty Veteran
Male

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Joshua]
    #4112336 - 04/29/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by bluehoney

Reason for deletion: Nothing more to say, we resign from this thread.

Edited by bluehoney (04/29/05 08:42 PM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: bluehoney]
    #4113431 - 04/30/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: bluehoney]
    #4113669 - 04/30/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This is Jeannie Herer responding to parts of Jan Irving's post.

Jan: About a week later, Jack decided to move in with Jim up in Yosemite to work on the book together. Jack and his wife had been going through some hard times, and his wife had moved out into a nearby apartment.

Jeannie: Jack and I have been together for nearly nine years and the only time we were apart was when Jack went to North Fork to work on the book with Jim. I had rented a room near our apartment to use as an office because our 2-bedroom apartment was way overcrowded. Jack?s son and his cousin had moved into the bedroom Jack used as an office and my office was half of a small closet in our bedroom. Kyle and the H.E.M.P. office were in our dining room. I never spent a night away from our apartment until Jack moved to Jim?s.

Jan: Jack?s wife Jeanie, looked at this situation as ?Jim stole Jack from me,? (her words) even though they were not living together at that time.

Jeannie: When we first met Jim, I was glad Jack had found someone who knew so much about his favorite subject. Jim told us it would only take three months to finish the book. That?s why I stayed in L.A. I had just rented the office and didn?t see any reason to give it up if it was only going to be for three months. If I had known it was going to be 14 months I would have gone up there in the beginning. After a year had passed I did feel like Jim was trying to manipulate Jack.

Jan: Jack?s wife told Jack that she did not want ?Jack Herer? on the cover of a book next to Jim?s name. However, we?ve all since agreed that Jim?s name would remain on the book, and/or to go public with a letter like this, had his name been destroyed?

Jeannie: You say ?we?ve all since agreed.? That sounds like I agreed, too. Jack may have agreed to that but I didn?t.

Jan: Jack also wanted to stand by Jim but Jeanie?s anger that Jim had stolen Jack from her, prevented him in taking any active role in supporting Jim. Jack?s wife threatened immediate divorce if Jack stood by Jim in any way.

Jeannie: The reason Jack didn?t stand by Jim is because he believed Jim molested those children. Three weeks after Jim was arrested, Jack went with you to visit him in jail. At that time, Jim didn?t deny what he had done. He told the two of you to read Wilhelm Reich and you would understand. You both told me after that visit there was no doubt in your minds that Jim was guilty.

Jan: I now also suspect that ?Ms V? robbed Jim?s house while Jack and Jim had been at the Cannabis Cup 5 months before.

Jeannie: She was with Jack and Jim at the Cannabis Cup.

Jan: What I think actually happened is that ?Ms. V? took advantage of the opportunity to take Jim?s property, using Jack for cover as he was getting some books per our agreement. There is no doubt that ?Ms V? had the computers. There is no doubt that she denied it for months. There is no doubt that she attempted to entrap others into this miserable mess.

Jeannie: The reason she and Jack went to Jim?s house in the first place is because Dan called me in a rage and told me to tell her that if she didn?t get her stuff out that night he was going to throw it all out.

Jan: Andy had mentioned briefly to Jim that I had located the computer and went to back it up. Jim, wanting to prove his innocence, and the burglary, sent the sheriff to Jack?s house looking for ?Ms V? and the computer after I had backed up the system.

Jeannie: The police didn?t come after you backed up the system. They showed up while you were sitting on our living room couch downloading things off Jim?s computer. You knew it was stolen because we told you she had admitted to Jack that day that she took it. You stashed it under the table next to the couch when the police came. I didn?t even know you were coming to our house that night until you showed up at the door.

Jan: I also think Jeanie Herer made a grave error by calling everyone involved in this field and telling them only her side of the story, before any conviction had been made.

Jeannie: I don?t know anyone in this field other than you, Jack and Jim. Who did I call? Some people did call us and I told them what I knew.

What is your motive in trying to make me look bad? Is it because Jim wrote the forward to your new book and you want to make him look good?

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

#4113879 - 04/30/05 06:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

what...the...fuck!?!!!!?!!

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4113987 - 04/30/05 08:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by TheHemperor

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Jeannie]
    #4114046 - 04/30/05 08:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: GnosticMedia]
    #4114284 - 04/30/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: GnosticMedia]
    #4114306 - 04/30/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Jeannie,

Just to make it crystal clear. James was still pissed at Jack for going into his house and looting the books along with "V" who was NOT getting HER things, but helping herself to whatever she could carry off that had value that belonged to James. The rest of her worthless mess including her crappy broken car she abandoned. James wanted those books returned and Jack's refusal to do so for the past year was on Jim's mind right up until he died. So, it is time to do what should have been done a long time ago and return the books.

Let me also make something else crystal clear. James library is available for certain individuals to BORROW from. . . Unless of course it becomes an issue and even that will be in jeopardy.

Cyd

--------------------

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Cyd]
    #4114332 - 04/30/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4114365 - 04/30/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Mike, This is Jeannie Herer. Jack didn't say he agrees with nudity in front of children. Jan Irving wrote that.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Jeannie]
    #4114374 - 04/30/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't think Jack would defend such actions.

--------------------
We got Nothing!

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4114405 - 04/30/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This is Jeannie Herer again. I'm not used to posting so I don't know how to do the quotes. That's why I'm putting names by them.

Jan: Were you and Jack not going through troubles then? I didn't want to go into the details here. I heard you mention divorce several times during this period.

Jeannie: Yes, Jack and I were having troubles then, but I wasn?t leaving him.

---

Jan: Due to the size of the manuscript, and the fact that it was clearly not going to take three months, and being that Jack and Jim had told us they expected it to take one year, in what way was Jim trying to manipulate Jack?

Jeannie: When you first brought Jim to our house, he said it would take three months. Jack believed that. The Song of Solomon and Jonah were finished within the first two months. They were working on it about 50 hours a week. At that time they didn?t have a secretary working with them. They were doing all the work themselves. After Jim moved the secretary and her daughter into his house, he was only willing to work on the book 10 to 15 hours a week, at the most. He spent most of his time with the little girl and other kids that came over. Jack says he complained to you about this many times.

---

Jan: This was my point. You not being a co-author on the book, didn't have any say so in agreeing or not agreeing. This is Jack's dream that we were trying to help him realize from the begining. We were trying to make Jack happy, you happy, and trying to figure out what to do in this situation, and, if Jim was guilty, what should be done about the cover. You didn't want Jack to have anything to do with this book, his dream. You wanted him to just walk away from it.

Jeannie: I?m not implying I had any say so. I?m just clearing up what you said. You said we all agreed since then. It sounded like you were including me. I have always wanted Jack to write this book. The information Jack taught me about mushrooms and religion changed my life. I just didn?t want him having anything to do with a pedophile.

---

Jan: You weren't at the jail, and you don't know what Jim said. Jim said, and I quote: "Do you guys really think I raped those girls, do you know what the charges against me are? I never had sex with this girls...Read Reich and you will understand." During the first couple weeks, Jack told me that he had never seen anything that suggested this. As the case progressed, he changed his mind. At that time, so early in the case, before seeing both sides, and understanding the burglery, I too thought sure that Jim was more likely guilty than not. All of the other circumstances that have come out since make me question the entire case.

Jeannie: I know what you and Jack told me and you both told me you thought Jim was guilty after visiting him in jail.

---

Jan: This I did not know for sure. Thank you for clarifying this. Then who did the first burglery? This still needs to be investigated.

Jeannie: I don?t know who did the first burglary but I wish you would just stick to the facts and stop making things up.

---

Jan: This I also did not know. This is not how Danny told me the story. Thank you for bringing this to light.

Jeannie: Why are you taking everything Danny tells you as God?s truth? Why don?t you ask Jack?

---

Jan: Actually, I was finished backing up the system. I was looking for any evidence against Jim at the time the police showed up. I was not aware it was stolen before this day, before I drove back up there, that night. When the sheriff showed up, that was when I realized the magnatude of the situation.

Jeannie: You said Valerie admitted to you on the 16-hour trip that she had taken it. Jack and I didn?t find out it was stolen until the day you came up there to download the hard drive.

---

Jan: I also know that you told High Times, and anyone else who called. You always implied that Jim was already guilty, and that he had a previous, never explaining the details of the previous situation, or, to my knowledge, about Ms V.

Jeannie: You are the one who went to the police station and confirmed to Jack and I that Jim had a prior in the first place. I don?t know for sure what he did and you don?t either. You?re taking Dan?s word for it. After Jim was arrested, the Fresno Bee reported that he had two priors, one in 1984 in Salt Lake City when he was convicted for a sex crime with children under 14. The second one was in 1996. I don't know the details of either of them.

---

Jan: I'm sorry Jeannie, I'm not trying to cause any malice between you and I. These are the facts of the matter (some I had confused) to the best of our knowledge, which need to be told for people to understand the entire situation, and the attacks against your husband.

Jeannie: The facts of the matter to the best of your knowledge seem to be much more than confused to me.

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4114462 - 04/30/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

Edited by TheHemperor (04/30/05 11:55 AM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: GnosticMedia]
    #4114505 - 04/30/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4114536 - 04/30/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Concerning that first charge,

The act IS indefensible!

But, only because the defendant killed himself. Dead people can't defend their actions.

Look Mike, people have followed Mr. Arthur's name around the internet just to trash it. And those people seem to know less than James' friends and family.

Did James MOLEST the girls? Did he molest anyone? Was it even Mr. Arthur's dick the girls saw? These things make a difference. There is a HUGE difference between RAPE and indecent, unintentional, exposure... but not in the eyes of a mob.

It doesn't matter, he was convicted, and can no longer defend himself.

And...

I'm pretty sure that charge made his NEXT stay in jail, less enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure that charge will taint his name for some time.

I'm pretty sure he was punnished enough (or finished the act himself) for whatever crimes he was convicted of.

I sure hope those girls recovered from seeing nude bodies!

Playing strip poker in a house full of kids, is kinda' like selling spores AND substrate in the USA.

So it seems to me, like you just enjoy dancing on his grave.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #4114564 - 04/30/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4114574 - 04/30/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

Edited by TheHemperor (04/30/05 12:27 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4114589 - 04/30/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Public nudity is not the same as indecent exposure, the latter used to satisfy sexual feelings in people who expose theirselves needlessly to others.

YEars ago, in Portland, Oregon, there was a 70-year-old man ont he SOutheast side of the river who constanly found himself wandering aimlessly down the stereet nakled.

On numerous ocassions, the police were called. The person was usually taken straight back to his home.

In Portland there is no law against public nudity if it is not indecent by catering to human puritan interests.

Meaning if you walk naked yo will not go to jail. If you walk naked playing with yourself you will.

mj

There are also a great book on Nude bheaches, which most states have and most states also have designated areas fro public nudity.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4114596 - 04/30/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:
I didn't know james, i don't know the details of any of the cases against james, and i don't want to trash james' name after he's dead and can't defend himself.

I'm involved in this argument to defend the other people who are accused in this, namely, the people who are accused of falsly claiming james to be a pedophile to get him arrssted, and the people who are accused of murdering james.

To that end i make my arguments.

None can argue tha

I understand, and this is a public forum, but don't you think, concidering the people who are having a discussion in this thread, and how recently James killed himself, that you could let them discuss this most recent drama, instead of continually going back to the OLD charge?

There are sooooo many rumors and heresay, it is hard enough to make sense of this thread w/o people mentioning the OLD charges, which were settled years ago. Those charges really sound like LESSER sex crimes.

Plus, I imagine it rubs salt in the wounds of the grieving.

It seems, the OLD charges have been discussed in as much detail as possible (since James and the girls are unavailable for comment).

Perhaps if you wait a day or two to continue your arguments, some of the other heated emotions in this thread will cool down... and more details will come to light.

Considering the nature of this discussion, it has remained relatively civil. I'd like to keep it that way.

You and I didn't know James, so why don't we just watch what the others have to say, and reserve comment until their heated discussion dies down a bit?

I understand your interest in this topic. I share that interest.

Anyway, post what you want, but from what I've seen in this thread, your posts have been a bit more antagonistic than you might think... and I have to feel a bit of empathy for the grieving. They are (rightfully) emotional, and trying to preserve an already tainted name. Let's give them a bit of space.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4114598 - 04/30/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4114614 - 04/30/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4114643 - 04/30/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Rose]
    #4114678 - 04/30/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you know, you're right. I shouldn't be agrravating this situation when these people are grieving.

I can get a bit too passionate about things, especially when i see (or think i see) someone being falsly accused.

none of this is any of my business.

that's the last i'll contrinbute to this thread.

i offer my apologies to those i've offended

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4114697 - 04/30/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Heh, I understand all too well Mike. I have the same problem. Sometimes passion leads to diarrhea of the word processor. :tongue:

Have a good one man,
Cerv

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4114742 - 04/30/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think we all understand. I appreciate your standing up for Jack, Jeannie, and the situation, Mike.

I think we're all guilty of getting overly excited at times. I am certainly guilty of this.

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4114749 - 04/30/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My focus is just on "V". She stole the card from my brother's wallet and found his Achilles Heel. She was mad as hell for being dismissed and in effect took James out. If she didn't get the $$$ one way she would take it another, in a civil suit. What she hadn't foreseen is that James would be selling everything of substantial value to pay his attorney and a private investigator over the next year. Guess how much it costs to defend yourself in such a case? Try $50,000 - $100,000 if things go well. No wonder so many take a plea bargain which BTW James was offered and his time would have been minimal. However, Jim pleaded not guilty on principle and was spending a fortune to defend himself. As he saw all he had worked for being lost including his good name, seeing his friends scatter for fear of some splater hitting them, he became depressed. Who wouldn't? James obviously had no fear of dying, he did however fear the injustice in our justice system and not being able to make sure our mother was provided for. So, he decided to "walk between the worlds" and not bother returning rather than be convicted of something he did not do and see all his assets lost in the process. He died having NOT been convicted of the charges, he left a bit of security to our mother, and "V"'s plan to get rich was put to an abrupt end. James said a lot with his actions but you would have to have known him to get it.

Cyd

--------------------

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4114828 - 04/30/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, and one more thing. I am still waiting to hear from Jeanie that Jack will be returning James' books. Because James is dead does not make the books Jack's any more now than when he took them. What are your intentions?

Cyd

--------------------

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4114966 - 04/30/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Jack and I have never met you before but we do know Jim?s partner/lover, Dan, and have spent many hours on the phone listening to his drunken ravings. Having read all of your posts carefully, we both agree that you sound an awful lot like Dan. Are you Dan posting as James? sister?

The books Jack has that he and Jim were working on are:

The Sacred Mushroom & the Cross ? Jack has five copies, one of which is Jim?s.

Soma ? This is Jim?s but Jack offered to give it to Jan a long time ago. Jan remained friends with Jim after his arrest and made an agreement with him to continue writing his book.

The other books were jointly owned by Jack and Jim.

If you would like Jack to send you The Sacred Mushroom & the Cross and Soma, please email your address to jack@jackherer.com. If this is Dan posting, we already have your address.

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4115059 - 04/30/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You are ill informed. Jack was a GUEST in my home in NV and a guest in my mother's home in UT. There is a list of books that Jack took and it is more than you admit. I am referring to the books Jack took from the library for research that were a part of the Sheriff's investigation ~30 books. They were not jointly owned and Jack knows this. Death either brings out the best or worst in people. What is it going to be for you and Jack?

Cyd

--------------------

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #4115108 - 04/30/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i never had a problem with nudity untill grownups told me too...
i was raised pretty free and i saw plenty of nude peeps as a kid and it didnt screw me up... what screwed me up was all the people freaking out about nudity... that still screws me up to this day...

any1 agree that a molested child could be spared alot of unnececery trauma if us grownups were just a little more coldblooded about it?

who is it that makes the distinction between a abuse and sexual abuse?
is it the child that does not have sexual feelings and barely has a grip on the idea that boys and girls are different?
or is the the grownup with all his/her sexual frustrations and insecurities who project out reality onto our children?

speaking as some1 who is very thankfull for the free life i had as a child id say this reich character might be on to something...

and i daresay that seeing a nude dude or dudette is not enuff to traumatise a child, unless we let it be.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #4115239 - 04/30/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

We're sorry if you are really James' sister. Yesterday was the first day we have been on this message board. I found it by accident searching the internet and was very surprised to find that our names were being trashed on here by you and Dan and Jan. I'm extremely upset about this. Jack said he doesn't have 30 books of Jim's. Our garage is full of unpacked boxes which I will go through but we were never given a list of 30 books by the police so I wouldn't even know what to look for. Jack has a huge library of his own.

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
Re: James Arthur Dies, World's Foremost Ethno-Mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Jeannie]
    #4115432 - 04/30/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4115723 - 04/30/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, Jan. You said:

---

?Jack, however, does have trouble recalling some of his early research due to his stroke.

---

Jack?s stroke back in 2000 caused him much difficulty in speech and writing.

---

Because of his stroke, I had feared that this information would be lost in Jack?s head forever.

---

Let me be clear that Jack is NOT capable of typing. He must have someone to assist him.

---

Jack can be an angry guy by nature, but that?s the way he is. Most of us who have known him many years look past this. When someone is yelling at Jack, it doesn?t help him. On top of this, the stoke greatly exacerbated Jack?s outburst problem 100 fold, because when someone interrupts him, it sends the thoughts scrambling through his head.

---

Jack also wanted to stand by Jim but Jeanie?s anger that Jim had stolen Jack from her, prevented him in taking any active role in supporting Jim.

---

Because of this event, Jeanie ordered Jack to move from North Fork immediately, or she would be leaving. Consequently, Jack and Jeanie both moved up to Lake county only weeks later.?

---

Jan, it seems you?re trying to make Jack out to be incompetent and being led around on a leash by me. That?s not true at all. He is totally capable of making his own decisions and does. And we didn?t move away from North Fork a few weeks after Jim was arrested. It was 6-1/2 months later. Jack was more than happy to leave.

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4115772 - 04/30/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4115822 - 04/30/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was just pointing out how many times you said Jack couldn't do this or that. Jack couldn't type before the stroke either. That didn't keep him from writing the Emperor. I didn't want Jack's name associated with a pedophile for obvious reasons. I was extremely angry when I found out what Jim had dragged Jack into and I might have done some yelling about it. I'm not going to apologize for that.

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4116008 - 04/30/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jeannie said:
We're sorry if you are really James' sister. Yesterday was the first day we have been on this message board. I found it by accident searching the internet and was very surprised to find that our names were being trashed on here by you and Dan and Jan. I'm extremely upset about this. Jack said he doesn't have 30 books of Jim's. Our garage is full of unpacked boxes which I will go through but we were never given a list of 30 books by the police so I wouldn't even know what to look for. Jack has a huge library of his own.

I didn't trash Jack's name. I merely called Jack on what he did and asked him to do the right thing now. I will send you a list of titles so you can round them up. I wrote Jack off list so when the time comes Jack and I can discuss the book. I would appreciate it if you would stop referring to James as a pedophile as that is not only inaccurate but inflammatory.

Cyd

--------------------

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4116043 - 04/30/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4116080 - 04/30/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4116156 - 04/30/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheHemperor said:
BTW, all of these books that we need duplicates for, to send back to Cyd or Danny, can be purchased used on www.abe.com

We can probably replace all of them, I hope.

I should also like to mention to Cyd and Danny that Jim had a seven year standing agreement that Andy was to get those books. Not any of you. Have either of you considered this little problem?

Andy is willing to back away if he needs to, but I thought I'd point out this detail in your arguement with Jeannie over the books. Technically, they should ALL go to Andy.

Jim's instructions to Tim are very specific, this includes Andy and the books. He never withdrew the will he sent. Andy and I have discussed this and I was under the impression we had reached an accord. If not, Andy needs to give me a call.

Cyd

--------------------

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4116184 - 04/30/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If I'm sounding inflammatory it's because I'm feeling inflamed. We received a phone call a few days ago from a guy we never met who said he was a friend of Jim's. He had just heard about Jim's death and was upset about it. During the conversation he told me that he and some of Jim's other friends had wanted to come visit Jim while Jack was living there because they wanted to meet Jack. He said Jim wouldn't let anyone come and meet Jack who knew about Jim's prior sex crime convictions. I'm not sure the word "pedophile" is inaccurate at all.

OfflineGnosticMedia
Jan Irvin
    #4116188 - 04/30/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.gnosticmedia.com

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
    #4116353 - 04/30/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, Jeannie .. there are lots of people talking lots of shit. It is your choice whether to engage with them or not. As far as other things being resolved, it will not happen on this public board. You know where I am and how to reach me. Know this . . I will do what my brother asked me to do . . so will Tim . . that is why he left it to us to handle.

Cyd

--------------------

InvisibleveggieM

#4116366 - 04/30/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hi folks. Sorry to interrupt your private conversation on this public forum, but I have a suggestion. Since this thread has gotten way off topic, in my opinion, it may be better for all of the parties involved here to PM each other and exchange email addresses and/or phone numbers and discuss these matters privately.

If you don't mind "airing your dirty laundry" in public, and having it accessable to anyone on the internet for years to come, please feel free to continue.

--------------------
☮️ 🇺🇦

Invisiblebluehoney
Crafty Veteran
Male

Loc: Dallas, TX
    #4116465 - 04/30/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by bluehoney

Edited by bluehoney (05/01/05 08:52 PM)

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4116681 - 04/30/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Andy, I did post Jack's email address but you and Jan and Dan already had it anyway. I would just have soon this not been done on a public forum but that is where I found it. Jack and I weren't even told about it. I found it by accident and I'm glad I did so we could respond to these accusations against us. Otherwise, lie after lie would have been told about us and we wouldn't even have known about it.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4117562 - 05/01/05 02:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think it is really sad that this is turning into a, "he said, she said."

This post was about a death of someone in the community. It sure has ventured into the twilight zone.

Just my opinion

mj

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
    #4117864 - 05/01/05 06:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, this has caused a lot of controversy.
Re: My posting the TRUTH about what happened to James.
There seem to be a lot of experts here, although none of them were here in the beginning, or the end. I see a lot of vultures picking at Jim's bones.
None of you are entitled to any of Jim's works, or books, or even a right to speak about his research without talking to me first. You know nothing about the man. You can only speculate. I really wanted to post the truth about what James was so upset about, about what we talked about every day he was in jail.
The fact that his house was broken into, and his property stolen.
Let this be known:
The ONE thing you don't do to a writer is STEAL HIS BOOKS!

Not only his books, but mine. Some of the 30 plus books that were taken by Jack Herer were mine, that I had collected over my lifetime of book collecting. I have a list of EVERY book taken. How did I get that? I went to Jack's house and made a list of them. He let me, because he said he would give them back. None of the books were EVER owned by Jack Herer. They were mine and Jim's. ALL the books in the house were mine and Jim's. All the books on the list given to the sheriff's department were either mine or Jim's. I know where every book was purchased from. Most of the rare books were purchased at Field's book store in San Francisco on many of our trips there in the early 90's. Some of the books Jack took I owned for over 20 years. One of the Egypt books, even belonged to my father who has been dead for over 15 years.
All of these were here before we ever even saw Jack Herer, or Jan, or anyone else but James and I!!!
How can any of these vultures say that Jack is a joint owner of any of those books? That's so ridiculous, I can laugh myself to death!
Only one book on the list was purchased after we met Jack, and that was a book that Jim bought while Jack was standing in the same store. Does that make Jack the owner? These people amaze me. I have no reason to lie about this other than the fact that I care deeply about the work that James did, and don't want those who used him to profit from their betrayal of him. I won't even go into the lies that Jeannie Herer posted on this site, and the other's postings that are just ridiculous. I guess you can just make up your own mind. They are just trying to cover their own ass, or whatever since I reported all of this to the Madera County Sherrif's Department. I can let you know one thing that really blows my mind:
There are 2 copies of "Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" by John Allegro missing from here. Jim based all his books on that book.
Jack has his own copy, why take Jim's copies?
That's disgusting!
All of you experts on James can just fuck off for all I care. I never made a penny off Jim's works. And I never will. Everything we ever did was for art, or for the benefit of all. Jim asked that his royaltys go to the benefit of someone else. Not me, but to some friends who James loved, who never asked anything of him. I'll make sure of that.
You can attack me or Jim however you want. I really don't care.
So I have a drink or two on the weekends. Wow!
That's funny coming from a bunch of stoners who smoke pot 24/7!
I am a respected business man, I don't sit around getting stoned all day.
As for being obnoxious, I am pissed off at what these opportunists did to my friend.
You are all an expert on James's and my lives. I never saw any of you here! You only exist to profit off of our work, which you had absolutely nothing to do with!
I lived here with James! I did all the research over the years with him....Fuck You!
Unless you were here you don't have a right to say anything about me, or him.
Damned right, I am PISSED OFF at all of you!

(Only Andy called me when James passed away)

He's DEAD, and I really wish you would leave him alone. Let his work stand on it's own and stop trying to take credit for it. You had nothing to do with it. Why don't you just return the books you have to the library here that James and I built? And just get on with your lives. Buy your own fucking books! None of you gave a damn about him anyway unless you could use him for your own gain.
Just please, please go away.

And let James rest in peace...

In loving memory of James Arthur,

Daniel

www.jamesarthur.net

Edited by Mysterioso (05/01/05 09:20 AM)

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4118158 - 05/01/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dan, I knew Jim for over a year. We often spoke on the phone before I moved up there. Whenever your name came up he would bitterly complain about you being an alcoholic and that you were the reason he lost his music business. When I asked him why he kept you on he never gave me an answer. I now believe it was because you were blackmailing him by threatening to expose his past to Jack.

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
    #4118281 - 05/01/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You knew him for a WHOLE YEAR! WOW! It's like you knew him forever!
I like a drink, I'm not a pothead! I don't get intoxicated 24/7 like you.
I work, as I have always done, to this very day to increase the music business we started to more than DOUBLE what it was before we met you people. At least I now have more time to focus on that, other than supporting Jack and your friends that leached off of us. I'll triple the business next year. It's only me now. Jim's DEAD!
Fuck off and get your own life. You never were my friend, I don't trust you. You suck. You only care about yourself. You never even called when Jim died.
Like I said: Please Go Away! Do you only live to torment Jim's friends and Family?
Please let Jim Rest in Peace.

Daniel

OfflineCyd
James' Sister
done [Re: Mysterioso]
    #4118368 - 05/01/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, Andy . . Veggie is right and I thought that is what I had said in my last post, perhaps not clearly enough. You know my intentions, and I think I know yours. Andy and Danny I have full confidence that we can work together in peace. Jack, NOT Jeannie, guess we'll see. I will do everything in my power to preserve and protect James' lifetime of work . .period. So, like I said, those of you who matter know how to reach me and I you.

With Love for Jim,
Cyd

--------------------

Edited by Cyd (05/01/05 11:18 AM)

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
Re: done [Re: Cyd]
    #4118418 - 05/01/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dan and Cyd started this. I've only been responding to their public accusations against us. Dan's right that I don't consider him my friend. That's why I didn't call after Jim's death.

OfflineMysterioso
Stranger
Re: done [Re: Jeannie]
    #4118912 - 05/01/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No Jeannie, I said you NEVER were my friend. You were just like all the rest of the drug people that showed up here. Only interested in using James and I for your own gain.
Please let James rest in peace,
and leave his memory alone.
Daniel

Offlineglenda
Stranger
James Arthur Dugovic, II [Re: Mysterioso]
    #4119142 - 05/01/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

James was my first child, then came Cyd, then Timothy, then John and then Sarah. We are the ones that have any thing to say about James.
The rest of you BUT OUT until we get things straight. I could tell you a lot about Jack, his so called wife and V. I'll keep my peace for
now. James Arthur Dugovic and I are the only people entitled to any of his property or Estate. Cyd and Tim and James Sr, and I are the only ones that tell the truth.
James was my son not yours. Get out of our lives.
His family loves him We would rather have Him than any thing he may of
had.
Glenda Decker Sandy, Utah
Mother of James

Offlineglenda
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dugovic, II [Re: glenda]
    #4119199 - 05/01/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

p.s.
We'll see whose books they are.
Glenda Decker
Mother of James

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4119743 - 05/01/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dan, I never claimed to be your friend. I listened to your endless drunken harassment on the phone because I felt sorry for you at the time. When I couldn?t stand the harassment anymore and stopped taking your calls, you started calling the police and harassing them to harass us. They came to our house, searched it, talked to us a little while and told us they would never bother us again.

Glenda, I have never met you. I don?t know what you mean by ?so called wife.? I am Jack?s wife. I?m sorry to have ever met your son but he came to my house and asked my husband to move into his house and finish his book with him. He neglected to mention that he was a registered sex offender whose name could taint Jack?s book forever. Jack also didn?t know Jim was gay until after he was arrested. Jim led Jack to believe that the reason there were young children around all the time was because he was interested in their mothers.

I would love to stop posting on this forum but as long as you and your family keep attacking me, I feel compelled to.

Offlineglenda
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dugovic, II [Re: Jeannie]
    #4120067 - 05/01/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My son was not gay, Nor a sex offender, all of his nieces and nephews loved to be around him. They respect him. You are an interloper, a lier and a big mouth. Your husband had nothing good to say about you, neither did V.
I wish Jack had never come to my home he was a helpless, smelly, dirty old man he had to be waited on hand and foot. V did not wear underware under her white pants, when I first saw that, I offered to allow her to use my washer, she said she did not wear underware. James said he did not want to bring her to Utah, Jack was the one that wanted her....along.
So tell your lies. I am sure you and Jack won't last much longer, your only interest is the money from any book just like vvvvv.
Glenda

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4120472 - 05/01/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This thread should be locked out of respect for the grieving.

There is too much name calling, and emotions are running too high.

Obviously, everybody knows how to contact one another, but this is nothing but a spectacle.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
Re: James Arthur Dugovic, II [Re: Rose]
    #4120685 - 05/01/05 08:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You are in denial. Your son was the interloper in our lives. I haven't lied about anything. As for my "big mouth" the only reason I started posting on here is because your son's lover and your daughter started making untrue accusations against us. I have never posted anything about this on the web until now. As for your description of my husband, that's about what I would expect from a Mormon describing a hippie.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: James Arthur Dugovic, II [Re: Jeannie]
    #4120705 - 05/01/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You're new to Bulletin Boards, and you replied to me... I am not in denial, this thread should be locked, and YOU should continue this discussion in private.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
    #4120823 - 05/01/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry I replied to you, Cervantes. If by "locked" you mean taken off the web, I agree. I wouldn't call this a discussion, though. It's just me defending myself for three days against people (some of whom I've never met) who won't stop saying things about me. I know Jim's relatives are in pain but why they chose to do this in public, I don't know.

Offlineglenda
Stranger
    #4121062 - 05/01/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Shut your big ass mouth, you are a low life. My son never had a lover,
What have you against gay people? Even gay people use your husbands drug of choice, your cutting off your noise to spite your face.

My son was not gay, Danny was not as much as he makes out to be.

You think you knew my son one year. I've known him for all of his
life. So has his father. You are a low life, looking for a hand out. Why don't you stop your lies, and find a reason to live.

FIRST SHUT YOUR LYING DIRTY MOUTH.

GLENDA

Offlineglenda
Stranger
Cervantes [Re: glenda]
    #4121100 - 05/01/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What do you expect? All on you on line have been saying nasty things about my son. I can't respond in kind?
I know a lot more about old Jack than you think. Tell the Bitch to stop calling my son dirty names and look in her own house.
I have the right to reply to the madness.
glenda

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
Re: Cervantes [Re: glenda]
    #4121108 - 05/01/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have anything at all against gays. It's just that Jim pretended to be straight to make Jack think he was interested in the mothers, not the children.

Invisibleadrug

Re: Cervantes [Re: Jeannie]
    #4121129 - 05/01/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe this should be locked? This thread is serving no purpose other than mudslinging at this point.

Offlineglenda
Stranger
Re: Cervantes [Re: Jeannie]
    #4121158 - 05/01/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You are an old woman with nothing to do but lie. Could you find some one else to say nasty things about. If Jack was there he must of been involved. He took up space in the house that Jim payed the rent on if he was so unhappy why did he not leave?

you are a wicked woman.

glenda

InvisibleJeannie
Stranger
Re: Cervantes [Re: glenda]
    #4121185 - 05/01/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Jack didn't leave because he was writing the most important book of his life. He was unhappy with the progress and that is why I moved up there to help them.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4121257 - 05/01/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm going to see what I can do to close this thread. I don't know if it will be deleted, but this argument has moved beyond the realm of this forum.

Thanks to Google, rather than reporting news, this forum is actually making news.

Please, everybody close to this issue... realize what you are saying and how long it may last, and how public your words currently are.

Many rumors have been spread, many names called.

Do this yourselves proud, if you care for the entheogenic community.

Look at the examples you are setting!

All James Arthur's death proved is: It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Please, go make news somewhere else.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4121292 - 05/01/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think closing this thread is the only appropriate thing to do now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds