Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

Niacinamide to abort trips
    #4057909 - 04/15/05 07:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

How potent is Niacinamide in aborting a trip.  From what iv read would i take 100mg before to reudce anxiety and if the trip goes bad take 500mg to abort it.  HOw effective is this to abort a trip?  For example if i was tripping on 4 grams nad it was going bad aroudnt eh 2 hour mark, how effective would 500mg be, and how effective would somehting like 750 or 1000mg be?
I have read the FAQ by the way, just wondering if anyone had experience with it or have read any other sources. :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineindole
arf

Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: Mushy_face]
    #4057989 - 04/15/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

www.erowid.com has information pertaining to LSD use.

essentially the naicinamide starts breaking down already present metabolites. but if you just dosed i would doubt its ability to abort.

dude, never take that much niacin anyway, it says on the bottle not to exceed like 500mg a day or 250 a day controlled release. most stores sell niacin in 100mg form with a 500% DV...

i would say to you use niacin as a last resort, try to set up the trip nice from the beginning, if you abort in the middle you could be psychologically impairing yourself from the closure to the trip... you left with chaos on the brain and that's what will remain.

the rule is not to be a fool!

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: indole]
    #4058041 - 04/15/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My health store seels it as 60 500 mg tablets?!? So should i take 100 or less before to lower anxiety? and how much to abort? and how effective will the abort be? I will look at erowid tho

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#4059557 - 04/15/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you should focus more on ways to salvage a trip as opposed to just aborting it. you can learn alot after riding a bad trip out. plus if ur really worried about it, work your way up to higher dosages or just really have a well thought out set/setting.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: LedHead]
    #4059628 - 04/15/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Remember: NiacinAMIDE is the non-flushing version of Niacin.
There's a difference. I believe it was Wiccan_Seeker that had a decent write-up on this a little while back, perhaps he could enlighten us all?

--------------------
It's so far out the way out is in
George Harrison

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: keepontruckin]
    #4059662 - 04/15/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah i read Wiccan_Seekers FAQ it was very informative, but i still want to know to what extent will it stop a trip, it is a last resort of couse but i liketo know its there as an option.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4060677 - 04/15/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

To be honest, if you are that worried about being able to stop your trip, you probably shouldn't be tripping. If you are afraid of tripping too hard then you need to take a lower dose that you are comfortable with. If you are planning a level 5 and you just want a way out of it, well... I don't think you're ready for a level 5 if this is your mindset.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4060702 - 04/15/05 09:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've tried it on mescaline and mda, and it didn't do alot. Perhaps it cut back the visuals early and maybe shortened the roll, but it was not nearly as noticable as a benzo. and regarding benzos they don't really kill the trip as much as take away the anxiety and mental craziness. and make you sleepy.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4061737 - 04/16/05 05:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Im not planning on using it i was just wondering how much if would stop a trip.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#4062082 - 04/16/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was involved in a small group trip a few weeks ago, with me, my girlfriend, and two other friends.  Both those guys started wigging out uncharacteristically, and asked for the niacimide I had told them I had (I always throw a few niacimide pills into my pocket in preparation for a trip.)  I gave them both 400 milligrams, and both said they didn't do shit.  Who knows if they did or not.  From my perspective, it didn't help them at all, their trips didn't lose intensity, they seemed to follow the relatively standard curve we're used to. 

Didn't do shit  :lol:

My friend later said he had the most amazing trip of his life, that he NEEDED it, he learned so much, etc.  So maybe the shrooms just weren't done with him yet, and no friggin B vitamin was gonna get in their way of doing what needed to be done :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: Noviseer]
    #4062501 - 04/16/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think Niacinamide is great, as a placebo. It works a little bit, but the best thing is that it makes people think things are going to be okay so they are.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlineindole
arf

Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: keepontruckin]
    #4068086 - 04/18/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

keepontruckin said:
Remember: NiacinAMIDE is the non-flushing version of Niacin.
There's a difference. I believe it was Wiccan_Seeker that had a decent write-up on this a little while back, perhaps he could enlighten us all?

ah yeah thanks for that correction.

Yeah that would be pretty useless anyway becuase it releases over time. As another said yeah, ride it out, all the way to baseline, the come down on mushrooms is full of revelations. even if you went nuts, you leave with more known about yourself than you would if you pussied out.

:eek:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Niacinamide to abort trips [Re: indole]
    #4070846 - 04/18/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

even if you went nuts,

Nobodies going to go nuts....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates