Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3919751 - 03/15/05 04:53 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

i'm currently having a break from weed as well. my girlfriend broke up with me a few months ago and i went into depression. weed was my therapy; i smoked an eighth every two days. my concentration and memory suffered and i started getting paranoid. i started the break five days ago. the first couple of days i felt like shit and was walking around like a zombie. now its a lot easier. my mind is clearer and i havn't noticed any paranoia at all. i don't intend to quit forever, just have a break for a month or so and then go back to smoking once or twice a week.

good luck with it, you should start feeling clearer and fresher after a few days.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFocker
I Fucking hateCanada
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: alsey]
    #3919849 - 03/15/05 05:38 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Yidakiman the hardest thing to do when quiting is smoking with friends you will be doing good then your friends get you back in the grove bustin your balls calling you a pussy If your going to quit go cold turky If I can quit trust me you can I was smoking a oz a week lost about 5 jobs because of it and drand my bank acount I chose weed over car insur I hope this gives you insparation to keep it up and become smoke free weed is not a bad thing but it is for me It took 2-3 months for me to get back to normal the mane thing is to keep bizzy and don't think about it good luck

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: Focker]
    #3920458 - 03/15/05 10:04 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Alsey, we have more in common then you think.  I was also going through that much in two or three days.  However, my girlfriend also had her had in the bag.  But she mostly smoked with me.  If she were alone, she would pack a bowl and take two hits and forget about it.  If I were alone, I'd pack a bowl, and pack a bowl and pack a bowl.  I'd like to become a weekend smoker.  I tried just becoming a weekend smoker, but it didn't work.  So I decided that I needed to sober up completely, before I could effectively cut down consumption.

I still haven't smoked and I feel much better.  I am still having problems sleeping, but I think that may lay with caffeine more.  Thats the next step.  Last year I told myself to take care of my vices in this order of ease: cigarettes, pot and caffeine.  When I am back on the pipe (for medicinal and spiritual purposes), I'll take care of the caffeine.
The plan is still to smoke on Spring Break, but then to quit again when I get home.  But who knows, I may smoke one day and wake up with a hangover so bad I'll never smoke again.  :confused:

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3920831 - 03/15/05 12:04 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

the first two days after i quit i didn't sleep at all. the sleeping is slowly getting better though; last night i slept for 8 hours which is the most i've slept in weeks.

i've kind of done things in reverse order to you. when i crave a joint now, i smoke cigarettes instead. i intend to quit the cigarettes once i have the weed thing sorted out.

Offlineyogafire
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: alsey]
    #3940999 - 03/19/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

How are things going now?

Someone jsut kicked down a bowl for me, so I'm gonna smoke it tonight, after not smoking since last weekend, and that was resin. I'm proabbly going to get high as a kite. I'm looking forward to it.

Sorry If I've ever been a bad influence. I know I tend to have that effect on people.

Wish you were here.

~TZ

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: yogafire]
    #3967517 - 03/25/05 01:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

OK...how can you create a thread about quitting pot smoking and NOT expect people to respond with addiction/sobriety information?

Seems pretty natural to me that these kinds of reponses would be inevitable with such a thread.

Dude, i feel your concerns and frustrations with quitting pot. Ive been sober for about 7 months at a time, several times in the last few years. Im a drug addict. thats that. i can unbiasedly tell you that drug addiction is real, and NO, it is NOT a matter of "lack of willpower". i am so fucking sick of hearing that shit form ignorant people. Scientists and doctors will tell you that drug addiction is a mental and physical disease of the brain. ok im not going to turn preacher on you. I mean shit, im drunk right now lol so im really in no position to play devil's advocate.

All i will say, is that you have to ask yourself "am I happy?"..."Do I enjoy and appreciate life?" because if the answer is yes, then that is truly what matters. Ive had some very...how should i say this, "UGLY" things happen to me growing up. And because of these ugly things, i feel that i shouldnt be denied the usage of THC if it really does take the pain and anxiousness and nervousness and bad memories away (which believe me it does).

Ive lived the sober life recently, and yes there are some very lovely things to experience when living sober. However, i just get this incredibly lonely, desperate, boring feeling after a few months of being dry. I think its because i know what spiritual pleasures and treasures await me in the world of inebriation  :smirk: how can i live satisfactorily without such wonders and diversions? i cant! i love drugs. not just the high that they produce, but everything from their chemical structures to their cultural history.

OK enough rambling i know! im drunk give me a farking break  :cool:

anyways, taking a several month break from pot is absolutely great! and totally beneficial to one's health. I wont say "goodluck" because luck has nothing to do with your situation. I will hope that you stay the course, and learn something valuable from this momentary departure.

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds