Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEvent_Horizon
the ganja man

quit smoking pot
    #3896757 - 03/10/05 07:58 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

From today I am not going to smoke pot until the end of all my exams (late june). I have been smoking about 2 or 3 times a day everyday for the last 5 months or so. I finally realised that I am a complete pothead, my head is completely clouded, I can?t think anything straight, and I know that I am not being myself at all. I think all this pot is making me into a worse person all round, and I am beginning to think that I don?t love anyone and I am starting to hate my friends for small reasons. The other day I just realised I hadn?t looked in the mirror for weeks, or my teeth for that matter- I just get the feeling that nothing really matters. I feel like im in my own little world.

I also have a lot of anger today, I don?t know why. I just feel like I want to lash out at the world and hurt people that I love, which I have never felt like.

Weed is just making me feel confused, clouded and empty all the time. I just hope that I can feel ?normal? again, the way I used to feel when I didn?t smoke pot everyday. I can?t ever focus, and I am starting to hate everyone.

Its time to detox now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStardust21
Stranger

Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3897417 - 03/10/05 11:45 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

i completely know what you mean. I'm in the same boat and i've been smoke free for about 3 weeks. Its hard not to go back to it but i have to pass my classes and be able to focus or else my life will go to shit.

Good luck!
-Melissa

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Stardust21]
    #3897594 - 03/10/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Moderation is key all :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Kerr]
    #3898889 - 03/10/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

RyanKerr said:

easier said than done  :smirk:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #3899273 - 03/10/05 06:09 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

easier said than done

Not really actually, just dont smoke all day long, its quite simple, its called will power. :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #3899301 - 03/10/05 06:13 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

In response to the title: hell no and why should I?

Some people have a little more control over their thoughts than you do.  If your mind is as unstable as you make it out to be, quit all drugs right away and let the rest of us toke in peace.

peace! :peace:

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3899552 - 03/10/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Just quit smoking weed. Thats all you need to do. Its really not that hard if you have enough self-control. You want to know what an addiction is like try quitting a 3 year opiate and benzo addiction.

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3899670 - 03/10/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Tomorrow marks week 7 for me. I know what you mean about the clouded head. Thats pretty much why I quit. Just feeling like you dont know where you are all the time and not even caring. Not remembering what you just did. Its fun, but it can get old. Quitting for awhile is good. And really isn't that hard.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: SWEDEN]
    #4631475 - 09/07/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SWEDEN said:
If your mind is as unstable as you make it out to be, quit all drugs right away and let the rest of us toke in peace.

he's not telling you not to smoke...

i support your efforts all the way. at first it's a bit difficult, but with time it gets much easier. once you quit, it's very possible to start smoking again in moderation, although you might not even want to smoke again.

Don't let people convince you that it's a problem with being weak. (I'm not saying people who don't quit are weak, just that people who do quit are strong) It takes a lot of self-awareness to know that sometimes it's time to quit.

Best of luck

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
    #4633083 - 09/08/05 06:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience, pot doesn?t really affect me that much?except of course, when I?m ?high.? I noticed that I would blame everything in my life on weed?such as, laziness, apathy, etc. However, after being clean from weed for over a month, I?ve noticed that I?m still just as lazy and apathetic as I ever was; it?s not the weed, it?s just me.

I think that when people toke, it?s easy to blame everything on the weed. But, maybe, it?s just your personality.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4633856 - 09/08/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've been letting my habit go on for 4-5 years now.  Everyday, all day...I toke.

I'm smart with all of my substance use, using psychedlics 2-3 times a year, abstaining from all forms of caffiene and tobacco, etc....but I have this bad habit of smoking weed  :wink:

And that's all it is...a habit.  Putting full responsibility on myself.  Addiction, to me, is a word the describes "out of your control".  I totally have a habit.  And it takes a lot of self control to break it.  It's about really wanting to though I believe.

I smoked tobacco everyday for a couple years and really didn't wanted to do it...I stopped cold turkey and haven't looked back.  But marijuana is different.  It's great for self amusement.  Getting high and watching a movie, playing guitar, playing a video game, playing pool with some friends, etc.  You see, almost everything I do can be enhanced with MJ use(or that's what I"ve come to believe anyway).  It's nasty habitual thinking I've got myself into.  But even though I think about it, I truly don't want to stop.

I know the time is coming soon.  4 years ago I was smoking up to a half ounce a day.  2 years ago I was smoking an 1/8th a day.  Last year I was down to a 1/4 every two weeks.  Now, I'm down to roughly an 1/8th a month.  And I really feel I'm getting tired of it.

Bottom line: It all comes down to will power.  It is not an addiction, rather a habit.  You just really have to want to stop.

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4634009 - 09/08/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RyanKerr said:

Exactly

OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: prefloppro]
    #4967051 - 11/22/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Everything in moderation is key...

They should make 'the thc patch'

Offlineismokeweed
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Mcdoopy]
    #4970842 - 11/22/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yeah. i just recently started smoking in moderation again after a few month break. before that i smoked daily. i didn't get angry or anything. i forgot a whole lot of what i did though thats for sure. and i started to feel really fat cause pretty much all i did was smoke, eat, sleep, repeat. now that im smoking just on weekends its much better. my grades are still up, i don't feel all fat and lazy, and i get much higher much faster. its good.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: ismokeweed]
    #4971635 - 11/23/05 06:18 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

after being clean from weed for over a month, I?ve noticed that I?m still just as lazy and apathetic as I ever was; it?s not the weed, it?s just me.

I think that when people toke, it?s easy to blame everything on the weed. But, maybe, it?s just your personality.

:thumbup:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4971818 - 11/23/05 08:22 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Just quit smoking weed. Thats all you need to do. Its really not that hard if you have enough self-control. You want to know what an addiction is like try quitting a 3 year opiate and benzo addiction.

--------------------

OfflineLifeIsSweet
Stranger
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4985583 - 11/27/05 04:48 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Strengthen your mind

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4988157 - 11/27/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have to quit, on a regular basis. i've been smoking weed constantly for 20 some years. I love to smoke all day, every day if I could (and I do when I can) NP!
My point being, the man who signs the paychecks says you can't, that is highly motivational.
I was clean most recently for 4 mos., then I smoked for 3 weeks today I've got 6 weeks clean. This is after two years of probably an oz a week.
I see no difference in myself, I'm probably more motivated to do things and less lazy when I smoke, I think I'm easier to get along with too. :stoned:

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineDeviate
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4988389 - 11/28/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LouiseLouise said:
I have to quit, on a regular basis. i've been smoking weed constantly for 20 some years. I love to smoke all day, every day if I could (and I do when I can) NP!
My point being, the man who signs the paychecks says you can't, that is highly motivational.
I was clean most recently for 4 mos., then I smoked for 3 weeks today I've got 6 weeks clean. This is after two years of probably an oz a week.
I see no difference in myself, I'm probably more motivated to do things and less lazy when I smoke, I think I'm easier to get along with too. :stoned:

GL

can you explain to me how it is possible to smoke that much weed and still get enjoyable effects from it? after 2 years of smoking all day  every day i was burnt the fuck out and all euphoria and enjoyment from the effects was gone. smoking these days makes me feel horrible and ive given it up for good.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Deviate]
    #4988991 - 11/28/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I don't find that. I get high every time, not as high as when I haven't smoked in a while, but nonetheless. I guess I get used to smoking especially after work. I am able to let all the things that have been on my mind all day go. And be mentally comfortable and relaxed. I like it even more when I have varieties. Sometimes I may have like 4 different bags, that is enjoyable.
Even talking about it now isn't making me feel like I crave, I just know that one day I will be able to enjoy it again.
If I have it, I will smoke it. I find it impossible to have it and not smoke it.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineDeviate
Re: quit smoking pot [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4989641 - 11/28/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you never feel any anxiety or paranoia when stoned all day? you never get a racing heart or extreme lazyness and a terrible empty burnt out after a day of heavy smoking?

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: quit smoking pot [Re: Deviate]
    #4993324 - 11/29/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hmmmmm, no. Lessee, on a normal day I would puff a small bowl when I wake up (before work) then, spark a bowl when I got home. I usually sit for about 1 hour after work and just be high, then I'll jump up and do some things either what is pressing, if nothing pressing, I will find something to get into. Probably yard work, but most definately outside. I'd probably smoke a bowl while doing this (probably after dinner) Then, I'd smoke a bowl before bed.. I wake up about 5-6 hrs. later and get another eye-opener. :stoned:
This would be a normal day, when I'm working construction, O man, smoke weed all day. There were days when I'd come home from work so baked I'd need a minute with a cup of joe just to chill out a bit. In the construction field they say "we drug test everyday, that is, test how much you can smoke and still function."  But then after a shower,spark-o-matic :wwwiiiinnnggg:
I don't know about burnt-out or lack of motivation. As far as I can tell, my mind wanders when I'm high, so I can't sit still, I find something to get into.
Then, like now, if I know I gotta pee in a cup, I'll quit for atleast 4 weeks before I gotta pee. I notice no withdrawl-type effects except, I think I'm real bitchy for the first day of no smoking.
I've experimented extensively with diluting my pee (drinking lots of water) for a test, I had it down real good at one time, but I've decided that it's just too unreliable. I've passed more than I've failed, but in this day, they're catching onto dilution. So, I just quit.
As far as "burnt out" no, I don't think so. If I'm on vacation  sometimes I might sit around, do nothing and get high. But for the most part, I'm always doing something. I think weed motivates me to do something. For example: years ago, I would not go fishing if I didn't have any. But nowadays, it doesn't matter if I do or not, it's just like a nice bonus
:grin:

--------------------

Edited by LouiseLouise (11/29/05 08:43 AM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4993383 - 11/29/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Weed has never effected me like that, but everyone's different, I suppose. If it's interfering with your daily life, then by all means stop. I wish you luck. :sun:

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
    #4993464 - 11/29/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Event_Horizon said:
...I feel like im in my own little world.

I also have a lot of anger today, I don?t know why. I just feel like I want to lash out at the world and hurt people that I love, which I have never felt like.

...and I am starting to hate everyone.

Its time to detox now.

Those are the things I experienced too! I just quit daily smoking for about 2,5 months now and everything has improved dramaticly!

Just stop completely for about 1 or 1,5 month and then you can see if you want to smoke like once a week or once a month again... Just keep yourself in control and don't buy ounces at a time... Just go buy a couple of grams if you want to by the time...

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

OfflineDriAno
student
 User Gallery

Re: quit smoking pot!!!!! [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #5358532 - 03/02/06 05:51 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

aaaahhh OK i quit smoking pot about 8 months ago shortly after trying for the first time shrooms, now to tell the truth i really dint want to quit it just seemed like a good idea due to voices i started hearing  in my head of people that surrounded me keep in mind i have been a smoker for 9 years and in no way shape form or state was quitting my first option but every time i smoked these voices i was assuming to hear kept speaking faster and faster
so i decided to take a break at least for a year
if anyone has heard of this happening or has any input i would love to get back to smoking with knowledge that it can be beat
thank-you kindly
:laugh:

--------------------
...................................................................Smile. Its not that hard. Just squeeze ur But cheecks. SEE!!! :smile:...................................................

OfflineDriAno
student
 User Gallery

wana keep smoking pot!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: DriAno]
    #5358563 - 03/02/06 06:01 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

aaaahhh OK i quit smoking pot about 8 months ago shortly after trying for the first time shrooms, now to tell the truth i really dint want to quit it just seemed like a good idea due to voices i started hearing in my head of people that surrounded me keep in mind i have been a smoker for 9 years and in no way shape form or state was quitting my first option but every time i smoked these voices i was assuming to hear kept speaking faster and faster
so i decided to take a break at least for a year
if anyone has heard of this happening or has any input i would love to get back to smoking with knowledge that it can be beat
thank-you kindly :confused:

--------------------
...................................................................Smile. Its not that hard. Just squeeze ur But cheecks. SEE!!! :smile:...................................................

Edited by DriAno (03/02/06 09:23 PM)

OfflineOrdep
Stranger
Re: wana keep smoking pot!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: DriAno]
    #5360372 - 03/03/06 01:20 AM (18 years, 30 days ago)

I've had auditory hallucinations before smoking (when I've been REAALLLLY high), it's not a good sign. If you're getting auditory hallucinations, then you did the right thing to quit.

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Re: wana keep smoking pot!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Ordep]
    #5361208 - 03/03/06 11:19 AM (18 years, 29 days ago)

I have always tried to treat marijuana with as much respect as I would afford any of the more powerful psychedelics. In doing so my experiences with marijuana are consistently more profound than they have been when my use followed a more habitual pattern.
Ryankerr mentioned moderation as being import. Wise words with marijuana? and maple syrup  :crazy2:
georgem

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag