Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3931620 - 03/17/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

damn the cliffhanger!!

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: blaze2]
    #3931911 - 03/17/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Dood, not to be a dick, but your friends seem kinda negative. You seem like a kinda guy who is always happy, and just wants to have a good time, but they were cramping you.

haha, if I was out there, I would be running through fields and laying in the grass.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: XUL]
    #3933213 - 03/17/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

They're not negative at all. It was just the fact that we were all to high to actually deal with what was going on. I had to manipulate many of our conversations to make the story make sense. If I didn't, most of it would just be gibberish. What I type in the story is what it sounded like to me when it happened. But I'm sure if there was someone sober standing around us, we would have sounded like a bunch of cavemen rambling on like morons. "Oh look... sun is bright... grass is green... pretty colors..." By manipulating the dialouge, I might have put a slight nagative tone on them, but you have to rememeber, this story is from my point of view and even though the trip was a good one, I spent a good amount of time wrapped up in negative thoughts and emotions. When you think negative and feel negative, everything around you becomes negative. Bob and Brian are both really cool, laid back guys. There's no two other people I'd rather trip with.

Anyhow, I'll try to get the next part out to you guys sometime during this weekend. Once again, thanks for all your responses and thanks for reading.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
    #3938898 - 03/19/05 04:05 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
But I'm sure if there was someone sober standing around us, we would have sounded like a bunch of cavemen rambling on like morons. "Oh look... sun is bright... grass is green... pretty colors..."

lmao...im sure we would have. i dont feel too comfortable around sober people, and whats stated above is exactly the reason why.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3949962 - 03/21/05 04:34 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

dont leave us hanging man.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegoliath_91710
King Dumpster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
    #3950752 - 03/21/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

yeah... you said, "...I'll try to get the next part out to you guys sometime during this weekend."
well, it's past the weekend now. I'm eating some shrooms this friday and i need to whet my appetite, would you please post some more of your story asap please?

--------------------
"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of life." - Joseph Campbell

Offline88mustanggt

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: goliath_91710]
    #3950765 - 03/21/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

we want more we want more we want more we want more we want more

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: goliath_91710]
    #3951378 - 03/21/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

it'll come, people are busy, calm down now :grin:

trust me, i can't wait to read it either. :mushroom2:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (03/21/05 09:55 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: TODAY]
    #3952854 - 03/22/05 09:38 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Hey brass, I LOVE your signature!!

dispite the dancing bananas it seems somehow profound! A true testiment to the power of the human imagination! LOL!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3959998 - 03/23/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I'm really sorry about the delay. I'll try to pick the pace back up and get the next part out faster.

Part 15
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friends and I sat in the middle of the trail for some time. Bob and I talked on and off about the daddy long legs and the deer but Brian remained mostly silent. A little gnat buzzed in front of my eye. I vigorously swatted at it but it was a persistent little bug. I gave up and let it annoyingly hover inches from my face. Bob watched me out of the corner of his eye. I wasn?t sure if he knew that I was swatting at a gnat or if he thought I was going crazy. I chuckled to myself when I thought what I must have looked like to him. If one of my friends was randomly swatting into the air at something that I couldn?t see, I would have looked at them out of the corner of my eye too?thinking they were going crazy. ?I have a gnat in front of my face and it won?t leave me alone,? I said to Bob. ?I hate that,? he replied sharply. He still watched me from out of the corner of my eye. ?Don?t worry, I?m not going crazy,? I said. He smiled but didn?t reply back.

I tried to enjoy the moment. I closed my eyes and listened to the forest. The gnat that was flying around my face occasionally buzzed into my ear. I didn?t bother to swat it away. For the first time I could really hear the birds that were around us. There was an array of chirps and whistles that I don?t think I have ever noticed before, even when sober. I laughed out loud when I heard a near by bird miscue on his song and then start all over again. ?Try again buddy,? I said out loud. I opened my eyes to look at my friends. Neither of them paid attention to what I said. Bob was running his finger through the dirt, making a circle. He picked his hand up to his face and looked closely at the dirt on his finger tip and then resumed drawing circles in the dirt again. I closed my eyes again and listened to the birds.

There were thousands of different sounds all at once. I was amazed at how if I wanted to, I could single just one sound out and focus on it. Everything else in the forest would tune out and it sounded like the sound I was focusing on was the only sound in the forest. I focused in on a bird that was singing a few yards behind me. Its song was beautiful. I closed my eyes tighter in hopes of focusing in more on the song. Bright colors and patterns started to melt into my dark eyed world. ?Oh yeah, I forgot about these,? I thought. I rested my head in my hands and covered my eyes. The darker I made it, the more visuals seeped in. A spiral checkered tube of neon colors twisted wildly to the song of the bird. When the bird would stop singing, the tube would stop spinning. I couldn?t help but giggle in amazement. Once the bird started to sing again the patterns would start to spin and morph. The speed and the intensity of the visuals depended on the speed and the intensity of the bird?s song. ?This is amazing,? I said out loud.

I looked up at my friend. ?Quick, cover your eyes,? I told them. ?What.? Brian questioned. ?If you cover you?re eyes and listen to the birds you?ll see neat things,? I replied. Bob and Brian looked at me puzzled. ?What the hell are you talking about,? Brian asked. I tried to explain it to him more slowly. It still didn?t make sense to him. I looked over to Bob to see if he understood. ?Go ahead and cover your eyes,? I said to him. ?I not covering shit,? he said in a startled tone. I got the sudden feeling I was being an asshole again. I paused and slowly tried to think about what had just happened. It was the excitement in my voice that threw off my friends I reasoned. I tired to slow things down so I could communicate with my friends. I explained what had happened with the bird and the visuals one more time to my friends. This time Brian understood me. He laughed. ?I didn?t understand what the hell you were saying before,? he said. ?You were spitting out gibberish.? ?Man, I must have been really excited,? I replied. ?It sounded like I was speaking clear and slow.? ?You sounded like a chipmunk,? Bob said smiling at me. I smiled back in embarrassment.

I sat there momentarily trying to remember what I had been doing that got me so excited. I was having an enormous brain fart. The confusion that was circling in my mind was almost too much for me to handle. My skin started to tingle and buzz. I began to feel like I was getting higher again. I looked up at my friends. My vision was pixilated. Bob said something to me but I couldn?t understand what he said. He sounded like he was underwater when he spoke, really muffled and far away. I felt my body cover in a cold sweat and I began to breathe heavy and fast. I looked over at Brian. He was sitting with his legs crossed, holding on to his wrist. I watched as he carefully examined his wrist. I slowly started to remember where I was and what I was doing. I felt the buzz on my skin, which had escalated to sharp prickles, ease up and vanish. I spoke out just to see if I was still there. I was relieved to hear my voice. Brian looked up at me. ?I almost lost it there,? I said. He didn?t reply. I watched his focus adjust to my hand which lying next to me. I looked down at it. A daddy long leg walked slowly along side of my pinky finger. I looked at it briefly and then jumped to my feet.

Brian and Bob both laughed at my skittishness. I backed up off the trail and watched as the daddy long leg scampered towards Brian. Then he too jumped to his feet and scuffled out of the path of the bug. The daddy long leg changed direction in the confusion and ran towards Brian?s feet. Brian quickly side stepped it and kicked dirt at it. ?Bastard thing,? he shouted. It once again changed direction and headed for his feet. ?It?s chasing me,? Brian yelled as he jumped over it in fear. I began to think it was chasing him. After he jumped over it, it once again doubled back and ran towards him. Brian picked up a stick from the side of the trail and smacked at the daddy long leg. He missed, but the daddy long leg got the hint and hurried off the path and under some dried leaves. Bob, who was still sitting in the middle of the trail, laughed wildly at Brian. ?It?s only a daddy long leg,? he said. ?Yeah, well, that one was out for my blood,? Brian replied. ?I wasn?t about to take any chances.?

I motioned to Bob to stand up. ?Let?s start walking again,? I said. ?Sounds like a good idea,? he replied. He got up and then took the backpack off his shoulders and handed it back to me. I sighed and then reached out to take it from him. I was disappointed to have the nasty burden of the backpack back. I grudgingly put it on and then started to walk. My friends followed close behind. The trail sloped back down a hill and then turned around a gentle bend. On the other side of the bend, just a 5 minute walk from where we were sitting, was a bench. ?Damn it,? I said. ?We could have just sat here.? ?Oh well, no big deal,? Bob replied. I sat down anyway, just to see how it would have felt to sit on. ?Yeah, we weren?t missing anything,? I said.

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #3962478 - 03/23/05 10:32 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Man, that backpack must of sucked, it had everything you didn't need and none of what you did..... Weed!!!!

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: muistrue]
    #3962955 - 03/24/05 12:15 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

lol too true fractal.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: muistrue]
    #3963687 - 03/24/05 04:56 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Man, that backpack must of sucked, it had everything you didn't need and none of what you did..... Weed!!!!

i dunno if you wanna be out in the middle of the woods trippin balls for 6 hours with no food or water lol.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Edited by Brass (03/24/05 04:57 AM)

OfflineDuke
People areStrange

Loc: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Brass]
    #4013181 - 04/04/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so is this story over? i was enjoying it.

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Duke]
    #4016681 - 04/05/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Whats goin on? I just read the whole story now, and all of a sudden no story for 13 days. This thing is so damn cool, I need to hear the end.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: arbalest]
    #4019332 - 04/05/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

right!? What happened!?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#4019929 - 04/06/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Really sorry I haven't kept up on the story. It's been a very hectic past few weeks for me and I haven't found the time to sit down in front of my PC and continue. I'll try to get the next part out by this weekend.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4032651 - 04/08/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've read this whole thread over a couple days and enjoyed it a lot. I am amazed that you remember so many details, must of been a day you will never forget in your lifetime!

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: chodamunky]
    #4129292 - 05/03/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hummm.... too bad... my computer was down for a while... i was hoping you've posted some more by now
this deserves a bump anyway so...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Simisu]
    #4134589 - 05/04/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm slacking... I know. I'm trying to write out the rest and put it all together in one post. Can't give you a time frame when it will be up. Hopefully soon though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order