Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long)
    #3865538 - 03/03/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know how long it's going to take for me to write this report. I decided to write it in installments. Here is the first installment. I hope you all enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 2 summers ago. Two of my friends, Bob and Brian, had recently been tripping very frequently in nature. We would drive out to a local metro park, head to the nature preserve and walk the miles of trials through the wilderness. We hadn't come across an occasion in which all 3 of us could get out there at the same time. It was either Bob or I, or Brian and Bob, or Brian and I, but never the 3 of us at the same time. Every time we got together, the conversation would always turn to how much fun we had walking the trails and enjoying nature while tripping, and how much fun it would be if all 3 of us got out there together. We decided to set a date, take it off work, and head out to the park for a day of fun.

The day soon arrived. We planned to meet at my wife?s parent?s house early in the morning. It was a convenient staging area, because they lived only 2 miles from the park and they were off on a vacation. Brian brought 13 grams of dried Malabars with him. They weren't cracker dry. There was still a little moisture left, but barely any. It was hard to dry them out properly in the summer months due to the humidity. Since they weren't 100% dry, we thought we could compensate by taking a little extra. We figured that if we each took a little more then 4 grams then it would equate to around 3.5 grams. It made perfect sense at the time.

We put all 13 grams into a blender with some orange juice, blended a few minutes, then added some lemon juice to try and mask the taste. The lemon juice didn't work well at all. It added a slightly bitter taste to the nasty thick and chunky blueish brown goo that we consumed. It was rough? Sour and shroomy tasting? It instantly made me feel sick to my stomach. I noticed that my mother-in-law had a bag of ginger root on the kitchen counter. I remember hearing that ginger helps relieve nausea. I cut off a piece and chewed it on it for a bit. I never had raw ginger before. It was a spicy bitter taste. Too intense for me to chew on for an extended period of time. I wasn?t sure, but my stomach seemed to be settling down a little. I cut off another piece and put it in my pocket. I hate being nauseous.

Ten minutes after we ingested the OJ concoction, we were ready to head out to the park. We hopped into my truck and started what I hoped would be a very short drive. I was already feeling the shrooms kick in a little. I was feeling anxious and I wanted to get to the park as fast as I could. The last place I wanted to be while tripping was in the driver seat of a car.

Brian put on some Sphongle. It was really enjoyable to hear. I was getting little energy rushes when the bass would hit. Bob was really talkative. He complained of stomach cramps, then he started to talk about something else, something about his computer . . . then he would comment on his stomach cramps again. I wished he would stop talking about his stomach; it just made me think about mine. I pulled some ginger out of my pocket and gave it to him. He chewed on it for like 5 seconds and spat it out with disgust. I tried to tell him it would make him feel better, but he wanted nothing to do with it. I handed another piece to Brian. He took it from me, looked at it, then handed it back. ?Nah?, he said.

A traffic light ahead went from green to yellow. I slowed down. I perhaps stepped on the break a little harder then I should have. Brian gave me a sideways look and smiled. ?You okay?? he asked. ?Starting to feel a little gumbied,? I replied. Bob laughed from the back seat. He made sure to add a comment about his stomach again. I looked back at him, and he was staring at his hand.

We approached the park gates and I felt the shrooms setting in hard now. This concerned me because it was only 20 minutes after we ingested them? I knew that I was going to be higher then I wanted to be. . . I was a little upset about this, but I knew if I dwelled on it I would be in for a bad time. Brian and Bob were chattering back and forth. It seemed like they were yelling at each other. Then I realized they were just trying to talk over the music.

The girl at the toll gate asked for $3. I forgot I had to pay to get in. Brian and Bob looked confused at the fact that I forgot we had to pay to get in. It was, after all, a conversation we just had right before we arrived. I remember now? Brian said ?I have no money, so you guys will have to pay to get us in.? I felt like I was making a fool out of myself in front of this girl and if I didn?t pay her soon she would be suspicious of us. I struggled to look for some money. Bob flashed a 5 in my face and said ?Pay the girl already!? I took the 5 and handed it to the girl. I pressed the gas peddle and almost crashed through the gate. ?SIR! YOUR CHANGE!? The girl yelled. She looked annoyed as she stepped out of her booth and handed me the $2. I felt my face flush over. Brian and Bob were laughing loudly.

The drive back to the nature trail was long. It was 6 miles on a winding hilly road to reach the nature center. It was hard to keep my focus on the road. I was trying to listen to the conversation Bob and Brian were having and listen to the music at the same time. I would occasionally look out into the fields of tall grass we were driving by. Thoughts of wanting to stop the truck and run through the tall grass crossed my mind. ?That would cut up your shins like mad!? Bob said. ?What?? I replied, not realizing that I had actually said out loud that I wanted to run through the grass.

There was a guy in a Honda civic driving in front of me really slow. I said out loud, ?What the hell is this guy doing.? Brian replied, ?Probably looking for gay butt sex in the back woods.? He shocked me with this statement. The last thing I wanted to find on the trials were creepy guys looking for gay butt sex! Next thing I know, the guy stops his car in the middle of the road, does and U turn and drives off in the other direction. ?Good!? I think to myself? the less people out there, the better. I remember on one trip on these particular trails we encountered several people and it seemed to hinder my experience. That?s the last thing I wanted for this trip.

We pulled up to the nature center. I was glad to be done driving. I couldn?t take it anymore. I couldn?t control the truck and my thoughts at the same time. The parking lot was empty. This was a relief to me.

We hopped out of my truck. I felt dizzy. Not bad dizzy, good dizzy. My head felt really fuzzy. My body was engulfed in a pleasant buzz. I couldn?t believe how high I was already. The sun was extremely bright so I put on my sunglasses. Bob said, ?Man, I think we?re in more then we bargained for today!? Brian on the other hand said he really didn?t feel that high and was wondering if we should have taken more. ?More!? I said. ?I think we took a gram too much!?

It seemed like the walk down to the trails was really long. My stomach was still sour and with each step I took it seemed to stir up my stomach a bit more. I was still trying to adjust with to the sunlight. I was very uncomfortable. My head was racing with thoughts of me getting lost in the woods and rolling in poison ivy. This trip wasn?t starting off well for me. I tried to focus on my breathing. I looked at my hand. It looked very peculiar. My fingers looked way longer then they usually did. I chuckled a bit. I looked up. My vision shifted. Like a frame shift. Like I was looking at a picture and someone was shaking it in and out of my line of vision. It was an odd visual. I looked at Bob. He was smiling. ?Man, we?re fucked up, aren?t we?? I smiled back.

We walked by the Nature center. I could see the park ranger glaring at us through the window. I was thinking he knew we were high. But then he smiled and waved and I dropped the notion of his suspicion. We were under tree cover now and the shade felt outstanding. It was perhaps a little too hot for a nature trip today. It was 10 AM and the temperature was already in the middle 80s. I could tell we would be making frequent stops today. Good thing I remembered to bring a lot of water. I reached in my back pack for the water. I was thinking that the backpack was a bit much for me to bring on a day like this. It was really going to weigh me down. But I felt it was necessary to have. I had packed it with everything that we might need, a cell phone, my ID, water, sunflower seeds and other snacks, medicine (Benadryl, Xanx, Alieve, Mortrin, dehydration pills, and Pepto Bismol.), my IPod, a camera, and a change of shoes and socks. If anything went wrong, I was determined to be prepared for it. Perhaps if I got tired of carrying, Brian or Bob would help me out. ?FAT CHANCE!? I thought.

We continued to walk towards the trails. We stopped at the interpretive displayed that the park had put out. A sign in front of a fern stating ?Bird's Nest Fern?. It had a short description about the plant and it?s habitat. I tried to read it but I couldn?t make sense of the words. I crouched down to see if it was the sign that was blurry, or it was just my eyes. I got close to the sign and tried to read. The letters in the words were jumping all over the place. The letters had a mind of their own? the will to spell whatever they wanted. I stood up really quick and looked around. Brian and Bob were 10 yard down the path looking at some other display. They motioned for me to come over. I took a step towards them then stopped. I took another look at the fern sign. I tried to read it once more. The first line said, ?Angles on your skin?. ?Nope.? I said out loud to myself, and walked over to Bob and Brian.

Brian and Bob were looking at a honey bee display. It was a honeycomb crawling with live bees between two pains of glass. Bees were flying frantically around us, coming and going, crawling in and out several holes that were provided for them. I looked closely at the honeycomb. The hexagons were slowly expanding and contracting. The bees looked incredibly alien, like nothing I ever seen before, but they were very familiar. I was mostly unconcerned with the bees flying around me. My mind filled with all my knowledge of these social insects. I had spent an entire year doing research with a professor in college on social insects. I tried to tell Brian and Bob about the bees, but they didn?t seem too concerned with what I had to say. It sounded like I was being intelligent and knowledgeable, but when I stopped to think what I was saying, it was more like ?The bees, are flying fast around us.? For some reason I thought I was teaching them something they didn?t know, but I was merely making myself sound like a fool. Brian started to feel a bit creeped out and asked us to move on. So we did.

I was really out of it, but I was starting to have a good time. Seeing the bees made me feel good for some reason. I wasn?t really talking much to my friends, more so just listening to Bob ramble on. It was amusing to listen to him talk. He was talking about such bullshit and made it sound like he knew what he was talking about. He was talking about hawks. A one winged hawk. I was confused to where he was going with the topic so I had to ask what the hell he was talking about. He raised his hand and pointed behind me. I turned to see a giant cage. A 10 foot high by 5 foot wide, perhaps 5 feet deep, wood cage, fenced with chicken wire. How did I not see this enormous structure before? I squinted and looked in. I wasn?t seeing anything special. There was an old dead tree standing in the middle of the cage. It was morphing and twisting. The bottom was covered with hay. The hay blended together and started to flow in the direction the straws were laying. It looked like yellow water. There was something red on the laying on the floor of the cage. I couldn?t make out what it was; I leaned in to take a closer look. It was some sort of creature, perhaps a rabbit. It was mangle and ripped apart. It was hard to really make out through my visuals. I was intrigued. I looked for the hawk. I followed the tree up with my eyes from the base to the top. There at the top was the hawk, perfectly blending in with the tree. His right wing was missing. It stared at me with one eye. His focus would shift from me, to Brian, to Bob, then back to me. I laughed and felt of wave of pleasure rush over me . . . the type of thing that only happens when I?m tripping. Bob started to read out loud what the sign next to the cage said. ??Red Tailed Hawk? This hawk was found up state in a corn field. It was shot by a poacher. Luckily the state DNR was able to save him from certain death. He will never be able to survive in nature again, and will have to live the remainder of his life in a cage. He will serve as an ambassador to his species and help us spread knowledge about his species so we can better protect and maintain the Red Tail Hawk in the wild.? We remained silent for a minute or two after Bob was done reading. I was filled with total empathy for the hawk. It was a very emotional experience to look in at him. Brian broke the silence with ?That sucks for him.?

We started to walk again and we were getting close to the entrance of the trails. Brian admitted he was starting to feel really high. Bob said ?I told you that you were going to be blasted didn?t I?? A sign was posted at the entrance of the nature trails. Is stated ?TRAILS START HERE.? Bob, laughed and waved his hand in front of his face. ?Yep, they sure do!?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Edited by djd586 (03/07/05 11:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3866408 - 03/04/05 02:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

cool...waiting for part 2 :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3867287 - 03/04/05 10:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Great man, makes me want to post some of my really powerful experiences. I have on erowid before but can never find them cause I can never remember the name or title of what I put in. Can't wait for part two, keep those detailed hallucinatons coming!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: mecreateme]
    #3868992 - 03/04/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that so far has been an awesome report, cant wait for part 2!!!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3871030 - 03/04/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Part 2

We walked from the bright sunlight into a dense cover of shaded woods. Light was peaking through sporadically onto the forest floor. The sun spots formed patterns that danced all over. Diamonds and clovers and whatever else my mind could conger up. The patterns became three dimensional and started to creep off the forest floor and dance around in mid air. For some reason I had the urge to look ay my arm. It looked like I had a good case of hives. Ignored what I seen and put my focus towards the trees. The organic shapes of the forest started to take on a geometric form. Trees looked like a formation of several squares and triangles. Like many shapes forming one entity. I felt like I was in a video game, Pitfall came to mind.

The trail sloped down hill, towards a small, but swift river. From what I could tell, it couldn?t have been more then 3 feet in the middle. The idea of taking off my shoes and treading into water sounded very tempting. I was half reaching to take off one of my shoes when an overwhelming feeling of confusion set in. It was hard to tell if I was walking down a hill or up it even though I could see the river was at least 100 feet down below, I felt like all my energy was involved in walking up. My sense of gravity was distorted. I felt very heavy but felt as if I was floating. What?s was gravity? Why does it need to pull me down? I looked down at the ground. The dried leaves that were scattered about the trial looked like they were trying to crawl. Like slugs, slowly trying to make it off the path and into the cover of the bushes. I was quite amused by the leaves. I picked one up and stared closely at it. I decided to smell it. It's scent filled me with the season of autumn. I let the leaf drop from hand and float to the ground. It landed near 3 other leaves. They converged in a pattern and started to spin, very much like a kaleidoscope. My mind had gone absolutely clear of thought. I was consumed only by the environment around me. I was trying to take it all in, but realized that doing so was impossible. Bob was continuously saying ?I can?t believe this! OH MY GOD?! ?Yeah, pretty fricken cool.? Brian added.

We got to the bottom of the hill and walked to the bank of the river. There was a big bend in the river. I wanted to put my hand in the water but the bank was too steep for me to navigate with out me falling in. The water was rushing rapidly over the scattered rocks. It was making a strange echoing effect. I couldn?t tell if it was because the sound was bouncing off the hill or it was something I was hearing because I was tripping. I was feeling over heated, So I sat down on top of a large rock. I?m pretty sure, the rocked welcomed my presence. I heard a vice inside my head say "Hello, young one."

I looked around. I could see the nature center sitting on top of the hill ridge. There was a deck off the back of the nature center so people could look out over the forest. I could see children leaning over the edge pointing at something. ?Great?, I thought, ?people?. I really hoped they didn?t come to hike the trails. ?They?re not pointing at us are they Brian,? Bob asked. ?I doubt they can even see us,? Brian replied. ?Well if they come running down the trails to the river, I hopping in and swimming away!? ?Just please stay calm Bob,? I said.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/05/05 08:36 AM)

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#3871126 - 03/04/05 11:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

damn...u got us hooked.  Nice Trip report, lets see part 3!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3872360 - 03/05/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Part 3

We remained at the bank of the river for a long time . . . at least in terms of ?trip time?. It was perhaps only 10 minutes. I had no idea how long we had been tripping. It seemed like 4 or 5 hours if I had to guess. I took my cell phone out from my backpack and struggled to open it up. I forgot for a moment what I was trying to accomplish. The cell phone looked unusually small. Was it always this small? Was it always this color? ?It flips open.? Bob said. ?Oh yeah, thanks,? I replied. The phone read 10:15. I tried to negotiate what 10:15 meant, but it really had to meaning to me. I told Brian what time it was. ?10:15,? he yelled! ?I can?t believe it?s only 10:15! What?s that, like an hour since we ate these things?? ?About that,? Bob said.

Bob lit up a cigarette. The wind carried his smoke quickly away. I watched as his smoked transformed into a dragon, danced around his head, and then quickly darted off into the vegetation behind him. His next puff of smoke seemed to freeze in mid air and form into geometric shapes. I was in awe of what I was seeing. Bob looked at me through the corner of his eye, as if he thought I was staring directly at him. I felt him become uncomfortable. I wasn?t just guessing that he was uncomfortable, I could feel it. ?Sorry,? I said. ?For what,? Bob said in a puzzled voice. ?I wasn?t staring at you; I was looking at your smoke.? ?No worries,? Bob said, ?I wasn?t thinking you were looking at me.? Brian laughed and said, ?Yes you did! You always think we?re staring at you, like we?re going to jump you or something.? Bob put out a half hearted laugh, acting like he knew what Brian was talking about, but I could tell he was uncomfortable with the situation.

Brian pulled some chewing tobacco out of his pocket and packed the tin with two loud snaps of his finger. This startled me. Brian chuckled at my uneasiness. He took a pinch out and placed it in his lower lip. This seemed such a foreign concept to me. He threw the tin over to me. I wasn?t paying attention and the tin hit me in the shoulder. I let out a yelp and quickly got up and staggered from the rock I was sitting on. I didn?t know what had just happened. Brian and Bob were laughing hysterically. Bob was laughing so hard he was choking on his cigarette smoke. Brian pointed at the tin that was lying on the ground near the rock. ?Oh,? I said, ?I thought it was an animal attacking me.? This statement once again sent Bob and Brian into a fit of laughter. I felt my face flush over in embarrassment. I walked over to the tin and picked it up. It seemed so small in my hand.

I didn?t know if I wanted to dip right now. I had been recently contemplating quitting. I had been dipping for 8 years and mouth cancer was becoming a concern. I looked at the tin in my hand and I shrugged. ?What,? Brian said, ?you don?t want any?? ?I think I?m too high to dip right now,? I replied. ?Come on, it feels cool,? Brian said in a convincing voice. I opened the tin and took out a pinch. The odor was pungent. It felt like it was burning my nostrils. I felt like I was being forced to do something I didn?t want to do, but once I place the pinch in my lower lip, it felt right. Dipping was intense. It felt unusually tingly. The taste overflowed in my mouth. I decided to take it out. Maybe later I thought, I just couldn?t handle it right now. My body was tingling, like the feeling when your foot falls asleep. I had noticed the feeling earlier, but now it seemed a lot more intense. I wondered if the tobacco had anything to do with this sensation. I tried to ignore it.

My friends and I weren?t talking much anymore. Just the occasional ?I can?t believe this!? Or ?I can?t believe how high we are.? I could still hear children on the look out, running around, chatting and laughing. I looked up at them. One of the little boys was looking down at us. He seen me look up at him and he waved. Trying to ignore him, I sat back down on my rock. It welcomed me back. ?Hello young one.? I smiled.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3875082 - 03/05/05 09:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Part 4

Bob finished his cigarette and suggested that we move on. ?Yeah, we?ve been here long enough,? I said. I was sad to leave my rock. I can safely say it was the only rock that I have ever been comfortable sitting on. It was also the only rock that had ever welcomed me when I sat on it. I walked over to the bank of the river for one last look. A rainbow danced in midair from the mist of the river. It was the only thing that I looked at that didn?t melt or morph; it just stayed a rainbow. I pointed out the rainbow to Brian but he was too busy looking at a crawl fish darting around in the shallows. I crouched down to look at it. It was hard to see when it stood still; it blended in perfectly with the rocks on the river bed. I felt like I was the one under water. I didn?t like the feeling. I stood up and motioned to Brian. ?Let?s get going.?

The trail slowly separated from the bank of the river. We caught up to Bob who was a good 50 yards up the path. He was standing staring at a sign. ?I can?t read it,? he said. I squinted at the sign, trying to make sense of it. I was surprised that I could read it. ?It says, ?Landscape Trail - Left. Trail length 4 miles. Habitat Trail - Right. Trail length 2 miles. Wildlife Trail - Right. Trail length 1.5 miles.?? Under the sign there was a map of all three trails. It was hard to comprehend what all the lines meant. ?I don?t know if we should take the 4 mile one,? Brian said. ?I think we should,? Bob replied, ?I mean, I don?t even think we?re close to peaking yet. We have hours of tripping left.? I didn?t offer any opinion. I didn?t feel like I was in the state of mind to offer any sort of leadership advice. It was getting harder and harder to hold onto reality. I was almost getting to the point were I was wondering if I might just pass out. My eyes lids were getting really heavy. Bob and Brian went left. I followed behind them, half dragging my feet.

The trail winded back up hill. It was steep and hard to navigate. A tree had fallen over the path and the 3 of us stopped and looked blankly at it. Brian kicked a branch. ?Dumb tree,? he shouted. We stood there. No one wanted to move. I was to the point where sitting down and resting sounded good, but I didn?t suggested it, we had only been walking for 5 minutes. Finally Bob walked off the trail and walked around the fallen tree. Brian and I followed without hesitation. I could still hear the rush of water. It sounded soothing. I wished we were still sitting by the river bend.

The trail led out of the forest. The path hugged the tree line. The shade was behind us now. The sun was extremely bright. I waited for my eyes to adjust but it never happened. We were on an edge of a giant field. Tall tan grass stretched out for hundreds of yards. I watched as a bird flew across the field, staying close to the top of the grass. A long translucent trail was left behind it. I was going to say something but Bob beat me to it. ?OH MY GOD! DO YOU SEE THE TRAIL THE BIRD LEFT BEHIND!? I nodded and smiled. Brian stepped closer to the grass line and squinted, trying to see what we seen. ?I don?t see shit,? Brian said. ?Just wait, you will,? Bob replied.

The field waved and shimmered. You could see the wind move gently across the top of the grass. I felt like I was looking at a body of water rather then a field of grass. Another bird flew by. ?Holy shit,? Brian said. Bob and I both smiled. We started to walk again. I was having a hard time keeping my balance. I noticed an interpretive sign to my right but I was just too high to stop and read it. I gave it a passing glance as I walked by. ?Prairie Plains,? the sign headlined. I looked back out over the field. I was amazed at how beautiful it looked. A lone tree stood out in the middle of the field. It looked very lonely. I wondered how old it was. ?The birds will keep him company,? I said out loud. ?What do you mean by that,? Bob asked. ?That tree out there? The birds?. Will?.keeeeeep?.Him?. Company!? Bob gave me his sideways look again and walked quickly ahead of me. Each step I took forward, I left a step of reality behind. I didn?t feel like I was walking any more, I felt like I was being pulled.

We were walking up hill again. The effort was almost too much for me. It was hot and I really wanted a drink of water. The sun was almost directly over head. I looked up to see exactly where it was. ?Ouch! Bright!? I thought. It left a dark purple spot in my field of vision. It was annoying at first, but then I started to enjoy it. The spot morphed into a horse and galloped around. Then it was a dragon. It let out a breath of fire. ?Why do I keep on seeing dragons,? I thought. The spot slowly fade away. I was half temped to look back up at the sun, but the better judgment that remained told me not to.

I didn?t think I could walk any further up the hill. But just as that thought entered my head we reached the top. A tall, old and grey, dead tree stood next to the edge of the field. It looked like it had been split in two at its top, like a wishbone. The old weathered wood patterns on its trunk melted and dripped off, forming a swirling puddle at its base. I bent over to stick my hand into the puddle but only manage to pull up a fist full of dead grass. I looked over at Brian, He was looking intently at something else. It was a sign. It stood next to the tree and told of its storied past. Brian started to read. I was glad that he volunteered because I really didn?t want to negotiate the words. ?This tree was struck by lightning on June 18th, 1991. The fire that the lightning strike caused from hitting this tree created the field of prairie grasses down below. Less then two decades ago, all that one could see in front of him was a dense maple and ash forest. . . ? Brian continued to read on but I stepped out to the edge of the hill and looked down over the grassy field. This was a much better view from up here. The field took on a purplish color. ?I thought mountains were supposed to be purple, not the fields,? I said out loud. Bob and Brian looked at me puzzled. ?I don?t know what the hell I?m talking about,? I said with a laugh. Just ignore me. Brian repeated my obscure phrase out loud and busted into laughter. ?Ha Ha, laugh it up fuckers. Laugh at the guy who can even figure out where the hell we are,? ?We walking the trails, you know that!? Bob said. ?Yeah, the damn trail. . . it?s all about following the trial.? I felt it coming now. Like someone had opened the flood gates. My body began to tingle vigorously. I was holding on to reality tighter then I should have? I should had let go by the river but I held on. It was going to be only a few more second? I spun around a few times and fell to my ass. Then there were colors every where, I could barely make out who and what Bob and Brian were. I could here them trying to speak to me, but none of it made sense. I had fallen flat on my ass at the gates of level 5.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/09/05 05:57 PM)

OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

#3876026 - 03/06/05 03:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You were only 2 miles from the park yet you had to drive there while high?

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #3876233 - 03/06/05 04:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is an amazing trip report and I'm eagerly awaiting the next 'episode', haha.  Man you write really well and compose the trip in words beautifully.

Sounds like you picked a good spot for doing mushrooms, not too sure about the car drive there, but whatever.  Nice man, dunno what to say, just nice!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: sam420]
    #3877195 - 03/06/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah cool trip report, whens the next episode coming?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Loc: northern europe
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: dblaney]
    #3877225 - 03/06/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Amazing stuff. You're a good writer. Do you really remember it all so detailed or is it more of a story heavily based on reality?

--------------------
Smoke City - a board game about stoners!
Kickstarter opens on 4/20!

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3877703 - 03/06/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

this report makes me desperately want to trip in nature again :grin:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: stefan]
    #3877732 - 03/06/05 02:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've never had a trip in nature. The closest I've come would be when NYC was shut down completely by a blizzard 2 years ago and I didn't see another car or person for hours between 1 and 5 in the morning as we ran around through all the virgin snow..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3879720 - 03/06/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Alright guys, here's part 5. I'll be sure to answer any questions you guys have when I done writing the report. Thanks for all your comments and patients. And thanks for reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian crouched down beside me. I was unsure who he was. It was the first time I ever actually seen someone?s face morph. His forehead bubbled and stretched. His lips drooped. His nose widened and then thinned out. His eyes looked completely black. I couldn?t tell if he was looking at me or through me. I wasn?t really sure there was a ?me?. In an instant I was the old dead tree. There was no emotion. It just was. There was only the heat of the afternoon sun.
Brian reached his hand out, offering to help me up. I watched as a hand, and then an arm extended out towards him. It was my hand. Our hands met, and then locked in a tight grasp. I wasn?t expecting the tug I received. I stumbled forward, very dazed.

?Are you alright,? Bob asked? ?I think so,? I replied. I bent over and put my hands on my knees. I wasn?t sure what just happened. Brian looked a little uneasy. ?Maybe, we should go back,? he said. ?No, I?ll be okay; I just think I?m a little too high. I kind of was out of it there for a few seconds.? ?A few seconds,? Bob said. ?You collapsed and started rolling around on the ground. You were unconscious for like 5 minutes. I thought we lost you there for a second.? I felt me heart rate pick up. I was so confused. I didn?t remember falling down. I slightly remembered Brian crouching down and looking at me. There was something else? something that I just couldn?t remember. It bugged me. I started to wondered if I was going to be okay. ?Honestly guys, I feel ok. I just think it?s the combination of me being too high and too hot at the same time. Maybe one of you guys should carry the backpack for a little while.? Bob and Brian both looked at each other half disappointed. ?Here,? Bob said extending his arm, ?I?ll carry it for awhile.?

I looked around. It took me a moment to realize where I was. ?Yeah, I think I was just too hot,? I thought to myself. I looked down at the field of grass. I watched as waves of purple streaked across the field, from one end to the other. I took a deep breath. I reassured my friends I was going to be ok. Then we started to walk again. I was glad the trail led downhill.

My footsteps were heavy. It felt like I was going out of my way to stomp my feet on the ground. For the first time I took notice to the sounds around me. I heard the chirping of birds from all directions, I heard the buzzing of grass hoppers all around me. The sounds were everywhere. I listened as one grass hopper ended its buzz and another started from across the field. I listened to a crow off in the distant tree caw. The crows call echoed over the grass plain and caused crows that were roosting at the far end of the field to take notice and caw back. It was an amusing experience.

I listened to the wind blow through the leaves of the trees. It was a soothing sound. It was the sort of sound that puts you to sleep while you lay on the grass in the shade of a tree on a warm summer day. I was starting to calm down. I tried to pick up on the conversation Bob and Brian were having but nothing they were saying made any sense. ?So I went over to my uncle?s and picked up this comic book and then I sold it for $200,? Bob said. I repeated the sentence in my head 5 or 6 times before I could comprehend what it meant. ?Comic book? I said, ?200 bucks,? I questioned. But the conversation had been so far over by the time I said anything that Bob had no clue what I was talking about. The fact that he was confused about the fact I questioning what he said put an awkward feeling on the moment. I remained quite and hoped for the situation to pass. Thankfully it did.

We approached a bench on the side of the trail. I wanted to sit and rest again. I looked at the bench suspiciously. It looked like one side was slowly sinking into the earth. I pushed the seat to see if it actually was sinking or not. I was surprised on how solid it felt when I pushed. I didn?t notice that Bob and Brian continued to walk when I had stopped. I looked up at the sun ?Ouch! I gotta stop doing that,? I said out loud. A purple blotch camped in the middle of my vision again. I looked down at the bench but really couldn?t see much of it through the dancing shapes. I decided it best to catch up to my friend and I started into a slow run the catch up. I looked around for shade. There was none. I didn?t take notice when we were walking that the path veered away from the tree line. The path had turned directly into the middle of the field of grass. I felt like I was in a desert. I reached for my backpack but realized that I wasn?t carrying it anymore. I picked up the pace of my run so I could catch up faster.

Bob and Brian stopped in their tracks and tuned to look at me. I startled them. I stopped next to them. I had this odd sensation of myself catching up with myself. Like I out ran my inner being and it only caught up when I eventually stopped. ?God damn man,? Bob said. ?You half scared the shit out of me!? ?Sorry, got caught up looking at the bench back there; it was morphing like a mother fucker!? I replied. Bob laughed. ?Feeling any better,? Brian asked. ?Yeah, I am,? I said. Come to think of it, I was actually feeling really good. My body felt energized. I was feeling euphoric again. ?We need to find some shade,? I said. ?I feel like we?re going to die of heat stroke if we don?t get out of this sun.? ?Yeah, I wish it was a bit cooler,? Bob replied. I watched the blue color of his hat bleed off and blend into the color of his face. I did a double take. Bob gave me the ?is there something on my face? look. I looked away, pretending that I was looking at the trees behind him. He tuned around to see what I was looking at. ?Aw shit,? he said. ?Looks like we?ll be back chillin in the woods soon.? I looked over at Brian. He had been unusually quite. He was staring at his wrist watch are rubbing his wrist right below the watch. I playfully kicked some sand at him to get his attention. He looked at me a little distressed. ?Come on man, we got a long ways to go still. You?ll be fine.? ?I hope so,? he replied. We started to walk towards the trees in the distance. I patted Brian on the back of his shoulder. Once we get into that shade, whatever?s bugging you will disappear,? I said. ?I?m just having a hard time dealing with these obscure thoughts,? Brian replied. ?Don?t worry? the shade will save us,? I said with a laugh. I tuned and looked behind me. I could still see the old dead tree standing atop the hill. I wasn?t sure, but I thought I was waving at me. I waved back just in case.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/06/05 09:23 PM)

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #3881751 - 03/07/05 07:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

this is crazy. You should be a writer. I like it, is there any more?

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Edited by shrooma (03/07/05 07:06 AM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3882974 - 03/07/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Part 6
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was aching to get back into the shade. It was all I could think about. I was confused to why I wanted it so bad. I just knew I did. For a moment I couldn?t even remember what shade was. My mind was caught up in a thought loop. I had an overwhelming feeling of d?j? vu every time my thought process looped back to the beginning. I became slightly annoyed. I was too high to really comprehend that I was stuck in a loop. ?I really need to find shade. Why do I need shade? What is shade? I know I know what it is because I really want it. Oh yeah, it?s not being in the sun. Yeah, that sounds good. I hate the sun. I really need to find shade. Wait. Did we just walk past this bush? We?ve been here before haven?t we? Oh well, I just really need to find some shade. What is shade again??

I finally realized that my thought process was looped. I was glad I figured it out. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off me. I was able to focus on the environment around me. I looked back behind me. I didn?t seem like we walked very far at all. I could still see the old dead tree standing atop the hill. It looked closer then it did when I had looked back a few minutes ago. I put my focus back towards the tree line ahead of me. I didn?t think we were ever going to get there. Bob stopped walking and pointed out something to Brian. I picked up my pace to catch up to them. He was pointing at a dragon fly hovering above the grass.

The three of us watched as the dragon fly circled around the leaves of a tall weed. It would land momentarily then take to flight again. It was a vivid green color. It stood out immensely from the dingy brownish green grass. Every time it took to the air it would leave behind a lingering green trail. It made several loops above the grass and landed again. I could still see the path it flew from its last flight. I wasn?t the only one who witnessed this. I laughed as Brian gawked at the green trails.

I noticed another dragon fly a few feet to the left of the original fly we spotted. It was blue. It too left a vivid trail behind itself in flight. Behind the blue dragon fly a few yards away; I noticed another green dragon fly. Then next to that one, a red one was perched on a leaf. I scanned the field. They were every where. Every few feet a dragon fly was hovering above the top of the grass. How we not noticed them beforehand, I had no clue. My vision filled up with dragon fly trails. Blue, green, red, purple and yellow. It was magnificent! We each took turn pointing out our favorite dragon fly and the pattern it was leaving behind. ?Oh! That one just spelled out something,? Bob shouted. He was right. They were spelling out words with their flight patterns. But the words I read didn?t make any sense. It just seemed to be random words. One spelled ?CAT.? Another spelled ?TABLE.? And another spelled ?ANGLE.? ?It doesn?t make any sense,? I said out loud. ?You?re right, it doesn?t,? Brian replied.

We stood there watching the show the dragon flies put on for us for a little more then 10 minutes. I took my attention off the dragon flies when I noticed the back of my neck was burning. I touched it. It felt sun burned. Why would I be sun burned I thought. I asked Brain to look. ?Yeah, you?re neck?s all red,? he said. ?Why would it be red,? I asked? ?Well,? Brian said, ?We?ve been in the sun for?? He looked down at his watch to check the time. ?When did we start to trip,? He asked. ?I don?t know, I think we ate them around 9,? I said. ?Well, my watch says 11:10. I just can?t figure out how long that is.? ?Two hours,? Bob said cutting into the conversation. ?We?ve been tripping for like an hour and a half and I?m still getting higher.? ?Yeah, me too,? Brian replied. ?I don?t know about you guys, but I?ve been balls out high forever,? I said. ?I don?t know if I peaked yet, but I?m high as fuck right now.? ?There?s no way we peaked yet,? Brian said. ?I can still feel myself getting higher.? He was right. I felt the same. ?Well, if my neck is getting burned, I want to get out of the sun,? I said. ?We?ve been in this field way too long!? ?Yeah, let?s get going,? Bob said. He took the backpack off his back and handed it to Brian. ?I don?t want to carry this,? Brian said. ?Tough luck,? Bob replied. ?It?s your turn.?

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/07/05 04:35 PM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #3883180 - 03/07/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:  Bob laughed from the back seat. He made sure to add a comment about his stomach again.  I looked back at him, and he was staring at his hand. 

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:

Sounds like some damn good shrooms. Best trip report I've read in a while.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Aeolus1369]
    #3884587 - 03/07/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aeolus1369 said:
You were only 2 miles from the park yet you had to drive there while high?

it wasnt just Malabars.  we also had a few Puerto Ricans and added them to the mixture.  PRs come on pretty quick.  toss back the chaunder...5 minutes later *poof* :confused:.  im Bob by the way :wink:.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Edited by Brass (03/08/05 04:59 AM)

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3884628 - 03/07/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like a great trip, had a few of those before (unless it starts to get really intense which i could see happening)

anyway, i am wondering what are people's experiences with acid in nature? never done it, but i figure that should be nice once spring comes. does it compare with the experience you get from mushrooms and the outdoors?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds