Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3900109 - 03/10/05 09:05 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

This story better not end with "And then we came down and smoked some weed. It was the best trip ever!" LOL!!

Deer are the shit! You don't wanna fuck with a buck though!

You know I'm right next to I-75 actually, and I might make a trip up to Canada this summer! So tell me where the damn park is! At least a name or something. It definitely sounds like it would be worth the "trip"! It would be so crazy to be tripping at the same water pump that you guys were at...

Hey, I think this story should win the prize for that story contest(http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Marketplace&Number=3826311) in one of the other forums! The end date is tommorrow, but it could still win, even half finished!

Edited by dr0mni (03/10/05 09:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: dr0mni]
    #3900359 - 03/10/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Oh well... It's more rewarding to me that you guys are enjoying story. Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll try to have the next part out by tomorrow night.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3902160 - 03/11/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

you should make this into a book man, i havnt been so interested in reading somthing in awhile. I live in the country so every trip is a nature trip for me :smile:.

--------------------
takes a token' and keeps on smoken'

Offlinesuperfalk
shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: axis_tech]
    #3902278 - 03/11/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

axis_tech said:
you should make this into a book man, i havnt been so interested in reading somthing in awhile. I live in the country so every trip is a nature trip for me :smile:.

Actually Thats what I was in the process of doing, I'm gonna lay out everything for him....all i have right now is the cover...let me know what ya think

--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: superfalk]
    #3904019 - 03/11/05 04:40 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

superfalk said:
Quote:

axis_tech said:

Actually Thats what I was in the process of doing, I'm gonna lay out everything for him....all i have right now is the cover...let me know what ya think

Boy....that looks pretty familiar :laugh:.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3905319 - 03/11/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

excellent, i'd buy the book anyday! It may have not have been funny at the time but the part where bob comes out with something like "I'm not stealing your thoughts?!?!" is fukn hilarious! 5 star

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: shrooma]
    #3905479 - 03/12/05 12:12 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

lol i wasnt stealing his thoughts. i thought that he said i was stealing his thoughts....then i got really confused and said "i aint stealing nobodys thoughts". we're going to do that again this summer. the nickname we gave that pavillion in the middle of the woods is the "Thoughts Barn"....since thats the place our minds became a wandering ball of awe and confusion.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3905725 - 03/12/05 02:52 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Seriously though, where is this place?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3913407 - 03/13/05 08:22 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Sorry about the delay.
Part 11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?That was badass,? Bob said excitedly. ?We were like only 10 feet from them and they didn?t even mind!? ?Yeah, I can?t believe that happened,? Brian added. ?Too bad you went and scared them off, I bet I could have walked up and petted the doe,? Bob replied. ?The coolest thing about the whole situation was the fact that we couldn?t even tell how many there were. I was sure there was only one for the first 5 minutes.?

I listened to Bob and Brian chatter back and forth about the deer. Although I too thought it was an astonishing encounter, I was more worried about being on the wrong path. I really wanted to get back to the other trail, but didn?t know how to communicate my concern without coming across as an asshole. ?Wasn?t the deer badass,? Bob said looking in my direction. He caught me in mid thought and I didn?t immediately respond. ?Yeah, that was pretty amazing,? I replied. ?Hey, you think we might have gone the wrong way?? I mean the water pump was basically only 20 yards down the trail from the pavilion.? ?Yeah, you?re right,? Bob said. ?We need to go back the other way.? I was relieved that he finally noticed we ventured down the wrong trail.

We hiked back up towards the pavilion. Bob continued to rant about the deer. Brian shared his thoughts about the deer once again and I remained silent. They sounded like a broken record saying the same things over and over again. I returned to my previous mindset in which I reasoned the less I said, the less of an asshole I would be. I looked closely at the pavilion as we passed. I was glad that we were finally going to be rid of the retched, run down hunk of negativity.

I struggled to push aside the braches that hung across the trail that led back to the water pump. I let one swing back behind me and it hit Brian in the chest. I heard him take a deep pissed off breath. I felt his eyes gaze into the back of my next with rage. I felt my sunburn tingle. ?Great, I?m being an asshole again,? I thought. I apologized to Brian and he grudgingly accepted. My thoughts started to overlap with negative thoughts of how I was being an asshole. I was so busy thinking that I didn?t even take time to notice we had passed by the water pump and arrived back at the main trail. I looked slow and long down both directions of the trail, not sure in which way to go. Bob took the initiative and turned left. I stood in place momentarily trying to evaluate if the direction he chose was the right one. I didn?t care anymore. I followed my friends with my head hanging towards the ground.

We were walking adjacent to the field with the electrical wires. I watched as dragon flies zipped by leaving colorful trails behind them. The trails weren?t as vivid as earlier I thought. I waved my hand in front of my face to see if it left a trail; it did. I was surprised how delayed my hand trail was. ?I guess I?m not coming down yet,? I thought.

I tried to pick up on the conversation Bob and Brian we having. They were still talking about the deer. I briefly reflected on the encounter and then refocused on me being an asshole. I couldn?t get over the thought that I was the cause of all tension in the world and Brian and Bob knew it. I wondered why they never told me before. Why, if I was such an asshole, did they hang out with me? I certainly wouldn?t want to be friends with me I thought.

I was snapped out of my train of thought when a strong stench of death entered my nose. I looked around panicked. I felt a strange popping under my feet as I stepped. I quickly tip toed over the trail to try and avoid whatever it was I was stepping on. I didn?t see anything that would justify the popping feeling. ?Do you smell that,? I asked. ?Yeah, I smell something but I don?t know what it is,? Bob replied. ?I think there?s a dead animal around here,? I said. ?You think so,? questioned back. I didn?t respond. I scanned the area for something dead. I noticed a cloud of flies scatter from a branch that Brian brushed aside from the side of the trail. ?Yeah, I smell something funny too,? Brian added. ?Whatever it is, it?s nasty!?

We continued to walk. I looked back frequently to the point on the trail that contained the repulsive smell. I didn?t see what caused the smell, but I painted a mental picture of a dead deer lying just off the side of the trail in the trees, rotting and covered with flies and maggots. It made me feel awkward and dirty and it enhanced the negativity in my thoughts.

--------------------

Offline88mustanggt

#3913442 - 03/13/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

"if I was such an asshole, did they hang out with me? I certainly wouldn?t want to be friends with me I thought"

:frown:

Offlinespread8out
rescue toaster

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3913628 - 03/13/05 09:11 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

haha, great read!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3918579 - 03/14/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Part 12
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trail meandered along the narrow field for another 50 yards then turned abruptly back into the forest. I looked back down the trail one last time before I retreated under the trees. It bothered me that I didn?t know what caused that horrible smell or what cause that popping sensation under my feet. I reasoned that I probably would never know the answer. I rubbed the back of my sun burnt neck and made another mental note not to that again and I once again had to quicken my pace to catch up to my friends.

Bob stopped in the middle of the trail to take a look around. I didn?t notice that he had stopped and walked into him. He looked at me and laughed. ?Doing ok there,? he asked. I nodded. I looked around our surroundings. The forest was a vibrant clover green. Every last tree trunk, rock and branch that lay on the ground was covered in a green carpet of moss. It gave a magical feeling to the forest. ?I bet this is where the gnomes live,? I said. ?I bet you?re right,? Bob replied.

I looked over at Brian. He was casually looking around at the trees. I watched him as he adjusted his focus down to the middle of the trail and then kicked his foot at a daddy long leg that was creeping across the path. ?Damn bugs,? Brain said under his breath. I watched as the daddy long leg he kicked at changed direction and ran off under a mossy dead tree branch. I bent down to feel the moss on the branch. It was soft and moist. Like everything I touch when I?m high on mushrooms, it felt totally different then I had expected it to feel. I ran my hand down the length of the branch, then flipped my hand over and ran the backside of it back down the branch. I withdrew my hand quickly to my side when I noticed a daddy long legs scampering next to the branch. I remained in a crouched position and scanned the branch. There we at least 15 daddy long legs slowly treading along top and the sides. I promptly stood up and looked at the ground around me. Next too my foot stood another daddy long leg, next to that daddy long leg, two feet to the right, stood two more. I took a step back and then crouched back down to study the ground closer. It was crawling with hundreds of the strange little creatures. ?They?re every where,? I said in a panic. ?What?s every where,? Bob asked. ?Daddy long legs,? I replied. ?Where,? he questioned. I pointed to one, then another, the three more that were standing close together. Bob and Brian?s eyes followed my finger as I pointed out at least 30.

?Holy shit,? Brian exclaimed. ?Let?s get the fuck out of this place.? The tone in Brian?s voice startled me and I stood up quickly and stumbled a few steps backwards off the other side of the trail. My heel scraped the side of a skinny dead tree stump. I turned around and briefly looked at the stump. There were 2 daddy long legs running down the side of it. I kicked it with the side of foot and it instantly up rooted and crumbled. Several more daddy long legs emerged from the rotted woody rubble. I hopped back on to the trail and initiated our retreat.

The three of us walked quickly down the path. I kept my gaze focused on the forest floor for daddy long legs. There were thousands of them. With each step I took, I watched as 10 scattered out of the way of my foot. I frequently bent over to brush off one that made its way onto my shoe. My body was tingling with the panic of the moment. I felt like the daddy long legs were crawling all over me. I swatted at each tingle I felt on my body hoping to swat off a daddy long leg. I watched Brian, who was walking next to me, do the same.

Bob remained calm and I?m glad he did. If he wasn?t there to calm my nerves, I could have easily ran off into the woods, screaming like an insane idiot, trying to escape from the army of daddy long legs. ?Don?t worry, they?re harmless,? Bob said. ?Once we get out of this part of the woods, they?ll be gone.? ?They?re not harmless,? Brian replied. ?I heard that they are the most deadly spider on Earth but their fangs are just too small to penetrate the skin. ? Of course I knew that Brian?s statement was a far fetched myth, but I was too high to comprehend a logical thought and I put my hopes on Bob being the correct one in the daddy long leg debate.

The trail exited the forest into a narrow weedy filed. It was a shame that we had to hurry through the moss covered forest. If it wasn?t for the hoards of daddy long legs I reasoned that it would be an excellent place to relax and trip. I briefly considered mentioning that we should go back, but I thought better of it. I listened to Bob and Brian chatter back and forth about the daddy long legs. ?Man, did you see how many there were. That was insane. I wonder why there were so many,? Bob said. ?Who the fuck knows,? Brian responded. It wasn?t more then 15 minutes ago the two were talking excitedly about the deer, now they couldn?t keep quite about the daddy long legs. I started to realize that our trip was nothing more than a series of encounters with the wildlife and then the recollection of the encounter. The recollection was always much more intense and elaborate then the encounter itself. I chuckled and thought ?Maybe that?s all life is; an elaboration of our encounters.?

I followed slowly behind my friends. I realized that my thought hadn?t been so negative since we exited the forest. I smiled and decided it would be safe to open up my communication to my friends again. I was just being stupid anyhow. Remaining silent to linger on my own destructive thoughts wasn?t such a bright idea. ?I?m ready to rest again when you guys are,? I stated. ?As soon as we find a bench I?ll rest,? Brian said. ?I don?t want to sit on any daddy long legs.? I was glad that we were talking openly again.

The path started up a hill and I labored forward trying to keep pace with my friends. My skin still tingled from the daddy long leg experience and the sun wasn?t making the situation any easier for me. The back of my neck was burning with pain and my backpack was starting to bother me. I hoped one of my friends would soon extend an offer to carry it. I was pissed that I brought it along on the hike. I had only opened it once to get a drink of water, other then that, it was nothing more then a useless burden on my back. Next time I?ll make sure not to bring this damn thing I thought.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3918778 - 03/14/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Dude, what's with the fear of the daddys? I love those things! Their so harmless and trippy! I'd let them crawl all over me!!

In Florida, there are NO benign insects; everywhere you go there is a fire ant hill LITERALLY every 20 feet. I'm not even exaggerating. Not to mention west nile virus, alligators, giant banana spiders.

Then there's the plant life; sand spurs (like grass spurs, except they stick to you by STABBING your skin!), ugly little cacti, every damn plant has thorns or poison or some shit. Even the grass in your lawn hurts to walk on (fucking crab grass).

Shit, I used to walk through the forest of pennsylvania bare foot! You guys have it easy up north. I'd do anything to trip in northern woods.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3920811 - 03/15/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I lived in southern Florida for a bit and I know what you mean about the insects. I remember going out into the Everglades at dusk and even with a thick coating of insect repelent, I still think I lost a pint of blood from the mosquitos. But to answer your question about the daddy long legs. . . it's not that we thought that they were going to harm us, it was the fact that there were literally thousands of them. It was pretty creepy.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/16/05 12:46 AM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3922317 - 03/15/05 06:29 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

but even before that incident you guys seemed to be creeped out by one or two of them.

But I could understand being creeped by an army of little bugs. Man, what a trip!

now keep typing! *Cracks Whip!* Type for our amusement now!!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3924991 - 03/16/05 10:40 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Part 13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped in the middle of the trail to catch my breath. The combination of the heat, walking up hill, and the backpack I was carrying was too much for me. Brian stopped and looked back at me. ?You ok,? he asked. ?I?m over heating,? I replied. I felt my lower stomach gurgle and cramp up and I couched down to counter the pain. Brian called ahead to Bob to come back. Bob turned around and gave us the ?now what? look. ?What?s wrong,? Bob asked as he walked back towards us. ?It?s your turn to carry the back pack,? I replied. He walked behind me and lifted the shoulder straps off my back. I felt the coolness of my sweat drenched shirt as he removed. It was amazingly refreshing. ?Ah shit! You have this thing soaking wet with sweat,? Bob said. He gave me a disappointed look and apprehensively placed the backpack on he back. ?This is nasty,? he said. ?I?m sorry,? I said. ?I guess I shouldn?t have brought it.?

Brian and Bob stood in the middle of the path waiting for me to stand back up. ?You going to throw up,? Brian asked. ?No, I don?t even feel nauseous. I feel a monster shit brewing up though,? I replied. I stood back up and then quickly doubled back over and heaved. Brian and Bob both took a few steps back. I heaved again. ?Just random dry heaves,? I struggled to state. I heaved once more, this time with more force then the previous two heaves. My vision clouded with bright colors and dancing stars. I remained bent over momentarily, secretly enjoying what I was seeing. ?I feel better now,? I said as I stood back up. Brian and Bob remained a few steps away from me. Just in case.

We stood there in the hot sun waiting for me to catch my breath so we could continue to walk. Brian gazed into the tree line that ran along the narrow field. ?What are you looking at,? Bob asked Brian. ?I?m trying to figure out if I?m seeing a line run through the trees or if it?s just a hallucination,? Brian responded. Bob and I Both looked to the place Brian was looking. A thin black line ran down the length of the field about 3 feet up through the tree line. ?That has to be a barbed wire fence,? I said. As soon as I said that, the line vanished. ?No wait, I don?t see it anymore.? ?Yeah, that?s what happened to me,? Brian said. I focused on the tree line waiting for the line to reappear. I would see it for a brief second then it would vanish again. ?I don?t see anything,? Bob said. ?Oh wait, now I do! Wait! No?yeah?well?Shit, I don?t know. I can?t tell if there is a line there or not.?

The line appeared then vanished several times. I decided just to give up on it. I wasn?t about to wade my way through the waist high weeds to the tree line just to see if there was a fence there or not. It was a very strange thing though. It was hard to figure out if a wire was running through the tree branches or the branched themselves were just creating an illusion of a line. ?Is there or isn?t there a line there,? Brian asked. ?I don?t know,? I replied and started to walk. Brian didn?t want to give up on the issue though. ?I want to know, it?s bugging me.? ?Why is it bugging you,? Bob asked. ?Well if there isn?t a line and it?s just the branches making it seem like there?s a line, then that?s a pretty cool hallucination. But if there?s a fence there and that?s the reason for the line, then it sucks that I have been wasting my time looking at a fence in the trees thinking it was a hallucination,? Brian debated. ?I think it?s just a fence,? Bob replied. I doubt we?d all see the same thing if it wasn?t there.? ?But we all seen the same trails the dragon flies left behind,? Brian contended. Bob stood there for a moment with a blank look on his face. ?Yeah, you?re right,? he said as he readjusted his focus back to the tree line to examine for the line once more. ?C?mon on,? I yelled from 10 yards up the trail. ?It?s just a line! Who cares if it?s there or not, I just want to get out of this sun!? Brian let out a groan of disappointment and started to walk towards me. Bob took one last look at the trees then followed Brian close behind.

I felt much lighter and cooler as I continued to climb the hill. I was relieved that I didn?t have the burden of backpack on my shoulders. I could see the path enter the forest again up ahead and I quickened my pace. I looked back to see where Bob and Brian were. Brian walked 10 feet behind me and Bob 10 feet behind him. They both looked into the tree line as they walked, trying to negotiate if there was still a line. ?There is no spoon,? I yelled back at Brian. ?What,? he questioned back? ?You know, from the Matrix. ?There is no spoon,? I said.
?What?s that supposed to mean,? he asked. ?Just trying to tell you that it doesn?t matter if there is or isn?t a line there,? I replied. ?I still don?t get it,? he responded. I didn?t reply back. It made perfect sense to me I thought.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3928848 - 03/17/05 01:05 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

hey man great trip report I just read it all in one sitting.  good stuff.  the part about the deers man gives away your city dwelling ways.  I live in south texas and I have been around deer my whole life, in fact there is a subdivision in san antonio called "hollywood park" where the deer have invaded adn people feed them on their back poarches and stuff they are just about all tame there. 

As for bugs I hate them.  Mostly because south texas sounds alot like south florida.  Fire ants, tons of spiders including all the good ones like black widow, funnel web, brown recluse, wolf(a psuedo tarantula), real terrantula, and of course daddy long legs, wasps and bees everywhere, mesquitos, sand fleas, chiggers, fuckin june bugs(not dangerous I just hate when then fly into my hippy hair), and scorpions up the butt.  Plus texas is home to like 10 species of poisonous snakes, and then there are the coyotes and wild boars to worry about with teh occasional bobcat thrown in.  but other than that its a great place.  :smile:

Keep writing man.  Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: blaze2]
    #3930326 - 03/17/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

oh yeah, I forgot about the scorpions, chiggers, and sand fleas...

never ran into to many of those, but they're around.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3930501 - 03/17/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

yea the south is infected with bugs man. My friends mom was from new jersey and she never saw a snake or a scorpion or that many other bugs up there at all. It gets too cold I guess.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3930506 - 03/17/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Part 14
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I stepped back into the cover of the forest, I stood and waited for Brian and Bob to catch up. This new part of the forest looked very similar to the woods when we first started on the trail, back by the river. Tall oak trees towered above us on each side of the path and sporadic spots of light speckled the forest floor. I was disappointed when I didn?t see the sun spots rise up, form in to intricate patterns, and begin to dance like they had earlier. I evaluated how high I still was. Although I wasn?t getting the intense visuals, I still felt very high. I asked Bob and Brian if they were starting to come down. ?I don?t know,? Brian said, ?If anything, I think I might still be getting higher.? ?Yeah, same here,? Bob said. I looked back down at the sun spots and waited to see if they would move. They didn?t. I shrugged in disappointment. ?I don?t think I?m visual anymore,? I said. I gazed back down at the trail and looked a dried leaf. It slowly stretched and appeared to crawl off to the side of the trail. ?There we go,? I thought.

We walked slowly down the path. There wasn?t much talking. Just the occasional ?Those deer we seen were badass,? from Bob. Brian was walking in front of me and I noticed he had taken a concern with his wrist again. I wondered what could have been bothering him about it. Maybe he just liked how his watch band looked. ?What time is it,? I asked Brian. ?Um?it says?um?I think its 1:10,? he replied. I tried to calculate how much time had elapsed but it was still too much of an abstract concept for me to consider. ?Ok, so how long has it been,? I asked. ?Um?5?maybe 6 hours,? Brian replied. ?Well shouldn?t we be coming down then? We never trip for this long,? I said. ?I hope we come down soon,? Brian replied. ?I?m not having a good time right now.? ?I know how you feel,? I replied, ?I went through a bit of that back by the pavilion. You?ll be ok.?

The trail continued through the tall trees. The path slithered down a hill until we wandered into a shallow ravine with two shallow sloped hills on either side of us. It gave a remarkable feeling to the trail, like it was some sort of mythical trail from ?The Lord of The Rings?. Despite Bob?s repetitiveness with the statements about the deer and Brian not having such a good time, I was feeling great. I was enjoying my surroundings, my mind was clear of negative thoughts and I had an absolutely euphoric body buzz. Every so often a rush of pleasure would wave over my body. It was so intense it would cause my eyes to tear up. ?Whoa,? I exclaimed as I stopped to catch my breath. ?What,? Bob asked. ?I just had another rush,? I replied. ?You bastard, I haven?t got any rushes! Share the wealth,? He replied back. ?I would if I could,? I said with a big smile.

I slowly waved my hand in front of my face and enjoyed the trails it left behind. I took in a deep breath of the forest air and felt rejuvenated as it filled my lungs. I was having such a good time. It was the best part of the trip for me. I took another deep breath. This time I got a strong whiff of mushrooms. It was a really potent fungi smell. At first I attributed it to me be high, but then Bob noticed it too. ?I smell shrooms,? he said. I looked at Brian. ?Yeah, I smell them too,? he said as he looked at his wrist closely and put it back down to his side. ?There?s has to be a patch of mushrooms growing around here, lets spread out and find them,? I commanded.

Bob walked off the trail to the left and pushed his way through the trees, looking at the ground closely for the mushrooms. Brian and I did the same on the right side of the path. It was hard to locate the origin of the shroomy smell. It was all around us. Just when I thought I was right on top of the smell, it would vanish and I couldn?t smell anything at all. I scoured the hillside but didn?t see any mushrooms. I looked behind trees, lifted branched, turned over rocks and brushed aside leaves but found nothing. Bob had similar bad luck. ?Where ever these bastards are, they?re hiding really well,? I stated. ?Yeah, no shit,? Bob replied, ?I can?t find them anywhere!? Brian wasn?t into the hunt as much as Bob and I were. I watched him kick aside a few leaves, look around at some of the trees, then walk back down to the path. ?We?re not going to find them,? he said. ?Let?s keep on walking.? ?I want to see if we can find them,? Bob said. ?Maybe they?re the kind we can trip off of.? ?I highly doubt it,? I replied. ?The chances are like 1 in 1000, but I would still like to see what kind of mushroom they are.? I saw a look of disappointment on Brian?s face as I looked down at him. I decided, for his sake, that it might be best to started walking again. ?We?re not going to find them. Let?s get going Bob,? I said. ?Alright,? he replied in disappointed tone. ?Maybe, we?ll find them next time,? I stated.

The smell of the mushrooms gave Bob something new to ramble on about as we began to walk again. I half listened to him as he went into detail about how we came across shroomy smell. ?It was weird as fuck,? he said. ?We were just walking along and then boom, mushroom smell.? I laughed. ?Yep, that?s about it,? I replied. Brian didn?t find Bob?s statement about the shrooms funny at all. ?Yep, mushrooms will smell like that,? he said in an irritated tone. Bob didn?t pick up on Brian?s agitation and then once again told us about the mushroom smell. I laughed again. ?Good old Bob,? I thought to myself.

The trail climbed its way out of the shallow ravine and leveled out. I had distinct feeling that we were getting close to completing the big loop the trail lead us on. Soon we would be back by the nature center. I didn?t want it to end so quickly, I was having too much fun. ?Let?s stop and rest here,? I said. Brian looked back at me. ?There?s no where to sit,? he said. ?Sure there is,? I replied. I walked to the middle of the path and sat down Indian style, stretched out my arms, and then let out a breath of relaxation. ?Ah shit, that sounds like a great idea,? Bob said. He walked over to where I was sitting and plopped down right next to me. Brian stood there looking at us. ?I don?t want to get dirty,? he said. ?Too late,? Bob replied pointing at Brian?s legs, ?You?re already filthy.? Brian looked down at his legs then bent down to brush off some of the dry mud that had accumulated on his shins. ?Well, I?m not going to stand here while you guys sit,? he stated as if he didn?t have a choice. He walked over and sat down to the right of me. ?Just relax for a little bit,? Bob said to Brian. ?How often do we get to do this? We?re having the time of our lives and you don?t even know it.? Brian slowly nodded his head and then picked up his wrist to eye level to look at it. I watched him examine it. ?Do you think this blue spot is anything to worry about,? he asked looking in my direction. He moved his wrist over towards my lap and I looked at it. ?Nah, that?s nothing to be worried about,? I said. ?It?s probably just a bruise from your watch.? But in actuality I did think it was something for him to be concerned about. It looked like blood was pooling up under his skin. I smiled back at him and played it off. I just needed some more time to think of a reason why this would happen to his wrist. ?I?m sure it?s just something that?s exaggerated from the mushrooms. You?ll be fine,? I said. ?I hope so,? he replied.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order