Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
astral projection
    #3714829 - 02/01/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is a spin off of ares thread on meditation. Someone mentioned they practice it. I have actually had this experience, I think. I'd love to learn how to do it purposely. Comments on methods would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerunawayjim
Kickin'Crosstown

Re: astral projection [Re: Supernova]
    #3714877 - 02/01/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Astral Traveling, I practice it (but not extensively).

The key to it (for me) <also I have only done it once>, was to become in a totally relaxed State. A state in which one is oblivious of his body. All that exists is the thoughts which sorround you.

Another important factor is to beleive in the traveling. Any doubt whatsoever will hold you back; a spiritual Leap of Faith if you will.

I'll get back to you in 10 or so minutes, I have an old reflection of that astral projection somewhere. I'll read it, and than see if I can get any more info.

Good Luck!

--------------------

...Free Your Mind And your ass will follow....
~funkadelic~

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
    #3715011 - 02/01/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

They actually have online classes for it! Can't remember the site though, sorry. It is a lot of work, conditioning yourself. Takes a while to learn how to control it w/o losing it. I have never "finished" a complete travel. I usually end up waking.

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3715049 - 02/01/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey, first of all I think one must fully learn the concept. I went to a course organized by http://www.mysticweb.org/  they do free lectures and it was a really great experience for me. I also bought their book which was also very useful for me. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0974056014/002-1817900-0258439

this is the book. it a good one for a starter(but not too detailed)
I will refer to the book when explaining.

Astral travel is an OOBE. It is to be conciously to be on the astral plane, which is the place we go when we sleep(but we are not aware of it) Astral travel is simply to be able to know and control being in the astral plane. the astral plane is one of the two planes that constitutes the 5th dimension.  there are many techniques that are practised but in the course I went, they focused on concentration/visualization and mantras.

when we sleep, we leave the physical body at the 3 dimensional world and enter the 5th dimension, and we are connected with the silver chord.

just some points on how I do practice. at the start of the course, they gave us concentration & visualization exercises. also remember every mornign to wake up and try to remember your dreams. keep a dream diary. for the execises I use a candle. sit and concentrate on the candle in detail, observe deeply. after a while, close your eyes and try to recrate the object in your mind. also concetration on the heart is a different technique.

I go to bed and lie on my back and relax my muscles(every muscle, from foot to head) get rid of the tension in each muscle. do not move your body. dont scratch your head or anything. after relaxation, you can either start the mantras, or use concetration on the heart beats. I think you will be clear if you read from the site I gave, cause it explains, if you have problems, I can guide you.
well after a time, you feel some weird sensations in your body. ignore them and go on with the exercise. when you think you have gotton out of the physical body, check, get up and jump, pull your finger. you will probably get up in the same room yo sleep.

puff, this is a really detailed subject and I dont know what other parts I must tell. be aware there are actually good and evil entities at the astral plane. but there are techniques to get away from the negative entities. if you have any questions, ask me and I'll try to answer. this was a really short intro and the subject is indeed pretty deep. hope this helps.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral projection [Re: mikl]
    #3715054 - 02/01/05 06:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

at the website I posted, there are online courses as well.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral projection [Re: BanJankri]
    #3715072 - 02/01/05 06:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just found the thread in S&P where we talked about this matter, it may help. it has some more detailed explanations. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3323413/page//fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

#3715080 - 02/01/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's it! How cool is that? My first OBE scared the shit out of me! I thought I was dead. I litterally jumped out of bed. I wasn't trying for it, it just happened. It felt like hours but I was only asleep for about 30 mins.

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3715119 - 02/01/05 06:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ban- Thanks a LOT. My experience with astral projection is really limited. The first time it happened was literally on accident and it scared the hell out of me. I was just relaxing and doing some meditation when I went into a very deep meditative state near sleep. I suddenly found myself standing outside of my body. I walked around a bit, through my house. I felt like I could leave, but suddenly I became very scared and immediately returned to my body. I subsequently tried to do this, and the closes I came was to get out of my body. I freaked again and went back. I'd like to learn to overcome the fear so I can travel further. This all happened before I even knew what the concept was. I subsequently heard about it in a book I was reading and knew that was what I had experienced. Again, thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out and let you know if I have any questions.

PEACE!

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

#3715145 - 02/01/05 06:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like I'm going to get stuck outside. I'm aware that I won't but the feeling overcomes me anyways. I'm still working on that. Like talking yourself down off a bad trip loop.

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3715159 - 02/01/05 06:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hehe yeah, I'm not very good at staying out there as well. fear is something that must be learned to be overcome. it really leads you to return to your physical body immediatly.

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral projection [Re: mikl]
    #3715177 - 02/01/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yep thats a common problem. people feel that they will not be able to return to their body. but as I mentioned, the silver chord works just for this and there isnt a chance to be trapped in that plane forever. usually the moment I start thinking of my physical body, I return immediatly. the problem is not returning back but staying there :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3715183 - 02/01/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I felt like I could go anywhere. I walked into another room where my girlfriend was and stood there and watched what she was doing. It was real. It was incredible. I have to learn how to control that state.

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

#3715223 - 02/01/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Once I stuck my head through the bedroom wall and it went into the back of the tv in the living room. The next day I was so tempted to take the tv apart to see if that was what it really looked like!

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3715752 - 02/01/05 08:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That happened to me all the time as a child, it happens spontaneously these days....I haven't been able to achieve it during my attempts though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale