Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work?
    #3600491 - 01/08/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

At my local walmart they have 4 different types of morning glory seeds and all are labeled do not ingest. Which species should I try and will the grind up and eat method work?

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: sre2f]
    #3600498 - 01/08/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Heavenly Blues...flying saucers...and yes they will still work.

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

OfflineK4Lic0
Salvianaut
Loc: North Carolina
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: sre2f]
    #3600499 - 01/08/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Are you sure they are JUST MG seeds?

Some companies put chemicals on them that make you sick so that you don't ingest them.. and considering you bought them at Walmart, I suspect that they aren't all natural.

Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3600503 - 01/08/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Would you know there scientific name by chance?

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: K4Lic0]
    #3600511 - 01/08/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

K4Lic0 said:
Are you sure they are JUST MG seeds?

Some companies put chemicals on them that make you sick so that you don't ingest them.. and considering you bought them at Walmart, I suspect that they aren't all natural.

They say morning glory (along with there given scientif name)...

They are on a big rack of about 200 different types of seeds, from cacti to herbs, etc....morning glory is the only one with this warning.

--------------------

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #3601060 - 01/08/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You can soak them in vodka or any other high alcohol by volume stuff for a couple of days and then drain and rinse them. Blend them with some orange juice and drink it down, you will get nauseous but afterwards you will trip hard. check out erowid for more info

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3601104 - 01/08/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

supernova posted this fantastic extraction....I haven't gotten the time to try it yet, but your product will be super-pure.

"about 500 morning glory seeds - 1 dose

1st you want to get rid of the crap that will make you sick. You need a nonpolar solvent to do this. The best you can get is lab grade petroleum ether. If you are in school and have access to a chemistry lab, get some ether from there. Naptha will work, but it leaves a horrible taste if not completely dehydrated, and even then it will probably leave a chemical taste.

NOTE- Ether is extremely explosive and poisonous. Keep away from heat sources and do NOT drink it. Same for Naptha if you use it.

Soak your MG seeds (500 crushed up) in 500ml ether. Let them soak for 2 or 3 hours, shaking the solution up really good a few times. Make sure this is in a well ventilated area and again- NO HEAT.

Filter the ether, which will be cloudy, through cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Dispose of the liquid. Keep the mush. You can get rid of more bad stuff by doing a couple more ether washes. Again, filter and dispose of the ether.

Spread the seed mush out and let it completely dry. Ether dries quickly, but make sure it is all gone before proceeding further. It may take a day or two.

Now that the seed mush is completely dry, it is time to get out the good stuff. For this you need a polar solvent. Everclear will work. Put the seed mush in 2 to 3 ounces of everclear and let it soak for 3 days. Shake it every day a couple of times.

Filter the everclear and this time SAVE THE LIQUID and dispose of the pulp. The everclear has the LSA in it.

You can either drink the everclear solution or let it evaporate in a clear glass dish (takes a few days) and scrape up the residue and ingest the left over residue. If you have ever drank everclear, you know it is some brutal stuff (at least to me). I prefer waiting for the residue (or at least I would if I actually did this ). Just take your time.

AND PLEASE DO NOT BLOW YOURSELF UP AND DO NOT DRINK ETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSA Extraction is illegal in the U.S."

--------------------

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3601725 - 01/09/05 01:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Or you can use those seeds to grow your own and not have to worry about nasty chemicals.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: pshawny]
    #3603263 - 01/09/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i dont think they will, when i was on probation i went to a KMK show with a couple of freinds and i ate like 8 packets of them becuase i couldnt smoke weed, i didnt grind them up, but they didnt do shit to me.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating work? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3603607 - 01/09/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

personally i would only assume any seed at walmart has pesticides and shit on them. buy organic seeds, thats what i always did and i rarely got sick.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: kadakuda]
    #3605400 - 01/09/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How safe are these morning glory seeds? im curious to try, but dont know enough about them.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3605442 - 01/09/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

read big guy read
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory.shtml
what do you mean safe? as far as chemical coating you mean? "To discourage use today, commercial seed producers treat the seeds with a poisonous coating which cannot be removed by washing. The effects from this coating cause nausea, comiting and severe abdominal pain. Extremely high doses cause psychotic reactions, heart failure, and shock. I personally feel this is terrible. To attempt to stop the usage of drugs by poisoning people is ridiculous!" - Dale Clark via erowid.com

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: sander]
    #3606045 - 01/09/05 11:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

teh actual drug without any human poisoning i would consider safe if doses are kept in the medium range. i am no chemist mind you.

i did not get sick using burnaby's organic seeds (morning glory), or rivea seeds from natures mind.

--------------------

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: kadakuda]
    #3607559 - 01/10/05 12:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Walmart morning glories aren't treated up here in Ohio. They are Burpee brand, and burpee sells untreated seeds. They come from Holland and from what I've read about em they don't put nasty pesticides on the seeds there. I've eaten heavenly blue burpee brand morning glorys everytime I've done em. The first few times were great like a hit or two of weak acid. Now just thinking about them makes me wanna wretch.

Imo the best way to ingest em is: Put them all in a blender with a few cups of water.....blend...chug.

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3609095 - 01/10/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I might try it after i ask you guys a few things i couldnt find on erowid.

How long do they take to kick in?

How long does it last?

How did you like it/would you recommend it?

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3609545 - 01/10/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

took me anywhere from 1-2 hours.

i have only managed to stay awake for one full trip, 6 hours (60 rivea seeds). this stuff keeps me WIDE awake tehn all of a sudden i crash. hard.

i love it! i recomend rivea over MG. much nicer trip. i have not tried HBWR, so i cant say about that one.

--------------------

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: sre2f]
    #3609797 - 01/10/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Like others in this thread I suggest you plant those seeds and then you'll have many more of your own homegrown seeds that you know haven't been treated with pesticides and other such nasties.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: Slite]
    #3612748 - 01/11/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think some of the MG's sold at walmart are treated but in some states they arnt, try going to the seed packets website if they have one. The worst thing that will happen to you if they are treated is nausia, no poisoning. they are treated with a funguside which has two purposes, helps grow the plant so bugs or fungus doesnt kill it and so we dont eat them. Be prepared to eat a hell of an amount of them, they are pretty weak.

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

OfflineStrange_Design
Cucumber

Re: Lol..the morning glory seeds at walmart say dont ingest...anyway, will grinding up and eating wo [Re: Leukoism]
    #3620476 - 01/12/05 08:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just my two cents here and this is one of my favs and have been 10 or so times.

good dose is about 6 grams for a starter, up to 8 grams if you are experienced (my biggest was 8.3). the grams should be right on the package of seeds and it takes multiple packs to get to the right dose.

if you can do a close to pure extract (petro ether, then high proof alcohol) then do so.

and since most people cannot just do a simple pure water extraction, grind your seeds in a coffee grinder (or how in my younger days, smash with a hammer) and then place the ground seeds in about a pint of water. let sit for 8 to 12 hours and then strain, always put mine in a clean sock or cheesecloth, making sure to squezze out as much as possible.

whatever you do, and i cannot say this enough, throw out the seed mush left over, there is no reason to eat it and i think alot of peoples problems with sickness are with eat all that seed fiber. it amazes me to read of all the people who just eat the whole seed, why??? it is not needed.

do be prepared for a bit of stomach upset, it has never been to bad and goes away by the time the trip comes on. just don't eat anything to heavy before hand and things will be fine. and keep a small amount of pot around if you can, it does help kick off the trip and releive some of the stomach discomfort. and do not take if you are pregnant or with someone who could be.

hope that covers the basics, i have had some wonderful exps with these and along with shrooms are one of my two best teachers so far in my life.

be safe and happy trails.

OfflineJhendrix1970
Hendrixworshiper

Loc: Near the Rockies
    #3686614 - 01/26/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Where did you buy those organic seeds from, i've been researching a lot lately on LSA and i am just curious, where is a good place to buy organic morning glory, flying saucer, etc. seeds. I was also curious as to wether the governemt regulates and tracks the purchasing of these seeds. I thought i had read somewhere that they do. Please reply

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom