Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: PLEASE, NO DXM POSTS IN TRIP TIPS!!! [Re: the_0wl]
    #8427934 - 05/21/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

DXM sucks. if there was one thing i wish i never tried (6 times) it would be DXM. fucking dirty, cheap, deceptive, high-school-kids-who-can't-get shrooms/acid/mescaline drug

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: PLEASE, NO DXM POSTS IN TRIP TIPS!!! [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #8428191 - 05/21/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Dxm should not be in the psychedelic forum for the obvious reason that it is not a hallucinogen. There are many reasons that this seperation should be apparent to society in general.

But most of these biased elaborations I find ridiculous. I agree with the basic intent of this thread, and perhaps a few posters, but it seems to me, nearly everyone is going about this the wrong way.

In particular, many posters seem to be perpetuating the conceptual connection between these two different kinds of drugs, which is exactly opposite to the threads intent.

Describing it as an alternative to acid, faggy shrooms, or cheap, amatuer LSD, only creates further association.

It reminds me of those TV stations like E! and VH1, where the image of popstars are criticised in the name of "counterculture"; all the while this attitude is actually the basic drive behind these trashy stars' fame.

OfflineNexius
Ruler
Male

Loc: Earth Flag
Re: Please, No DXM Posts in The Psychedelic Experience Forum!!! [Re: Rose]
    #8428270 - 05/21/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
DXM can be very dangerous, there is a good chance of an allergic reaction, or if you take the wrong stuff, death.

DXM can be purchased by people too young to buy cigarettes or beer.

There have been a shitload of DXM posts in here lately.

Please stop, OR if you see a DXM post, please, help me out and tell the poster it is not allowed in this forum.

DON'T GIVE DXM ADVICE IN HERE and people will stop posting about it.

There are better forums for such discussion.

This is NOT the forum for teaching teens how to get high on a DANGEROUS substance.

This is a Forum for Traditional Shamanistic Entheogens, LSD and arguably MDMA... IE: DXM is not PHYSICALLY safe enough for this Forum. No RC's or over the counter medication are allowed in here. This is simply the WRONG forum for such discussion.

The Permitted, Trip Tips Approved Entheogens do come with some degree of PSYCHOLOGICAL risk, but their PHYSICAL risk is relatively small... ESPECIALLY when compared to DXM.

There are better, safer substances for TRIPPING. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Thanks for your help.

The thing is cervantes you're being entirely opinion based.  In my opinion, habitual and improper recreational use of dxm isn't the best way to go I agree with you there.

But I've done it many times and I know what has happened due to me doing it. I know people who were addicted to it for many years, no one has shown brain damage of any sort from what I can see ( emotional problems, problems with life, every day problems, imbalance of serotonin and such, addiction ) if anything they learned something from it... getting to know your self better.

Theres not much research that shows much negativity about DXM (true research anyway). It's just like the rumors you hear about acid and shrooms.

No drug is good for anyone of any sort man, sticking to acid or shrooms isn't good either. granted they've been around for a long time but DXM has been around since the 50's MAYBE 60's (Actually here)
Quote:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dextromethorphan was first patented under U.S. Patent 2,676,177 . The FDA approved dextromethorphan for over-the-counter sale as a cough suppressant in 1958.

It's an opiate man, sure it reacts on a different receptor
Quote:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When taken at doses higher than are medically recommended, dextromethorphan acts as a dissociative hallucinogenic drug. It is classified neurochemically as an NMDA receptor antagonist

Quote:

DXM is not PHYSICALLY safe enough for this Forum. No RC's or over the counter medication are allowed in here. This is simply the WRONG forum for such discussion

As i said befor man, it's all your opinion I beleive that it should be allowed here since... it's quickly becoming a "Traditional" drug

And for the record

DXM is VERY hallucinogenic

--------------------
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak

Edited by Nexius (05/21/08 10:56 AM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Please, No DXM Posts in The Psychedelic Experience Forum!!! [Re: Nexius]
    #8428734 - 05/21/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This is such an OLD thread.

Back when I was a Mod in here, I got sick of babysitting DEX-heads.

Their trip is NOTHING like a mushroom trip and the Moderators of ODD were more capable of discussing it.

But, like I said, this is an OLD thread. Don't get your panties in a wad.

I do however stand by my opinion... if a forum is full of Mods who don't UNDERSTAND DXM... they shouldn't be giving people advice on how to use it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineNexius
Ruler
Male

Loc: Earth Flag
Re: Please, No DXM Posts in The Psychedelic Experience Forum!!! [Re: Rose]
    #8428751 - 05/21/08 01:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I do agree with that, if you don't know the drug don't give advice..

That's how people get hurt

--------------------
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: undefined [Re: Rose]
    #8428924 - 05/21/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This post and "rule" is ridiculous. If SOOOOO many people consider DXM to be a psychedelic, shouldn't that tell you something? Oh by the way, you can have an allergic reaction to almost anything.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: undefined [Re: Aopocetx]
    #8429133 - 05/21/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Why comment on a 4 year old thread... when you have only been here for two?

Like I said, this is an OLD rule from an OLD thread. It isn't pinned... someone just dug it up from the catacombs today.

I no longer Moderate this forum. The rule is no longer in effect.

When this rule was in effect it was because the OLD Mods of THIS forum knew NOTHING about DXM... and therefore shouldn't have been advising people on how to USE it. Anything less would have been dangerous... and verging on criminal.

That, AND Dex-ers are often quite RUDE when offering their opinions. Look at your post... and how you ignored the recent posts in this thread... before posting your un-informed opinion.

As a Mod, I got tired of dealing with Dex-ers who had done little to no research... coming into this forum and pretending their over the counter drug of choice was perfectly safe.

I was more than happy to let other Mods deal with the DEX-heads.

DEX is NOT perfectly safe. It is cough medicine/PCP... and you have to take LARGE amounts to "Trip" which GREATLY increases the likelyhood of an alergic reaction... or worse.

It is in no way related to Pot, shrooms, salvia, DMT or other psychedelics.

This forum is called The Psychedelic Experience... not the DEX-head Hangout.

If you wish to post about PCP you must post in ODD... and since DEX is roughly the SAME THING... I think it should still be discusses in there.

So, thank your lucky stars that I am no longer Moderating this forum.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

#8429243 - 05/21/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Why comment on a 4 year old thread... when you have only been here for two?

Like I said, this is an OLD rule from an OLD thread. It isn't pinned... someone just dug it up from the catacombs today.

I no longer Moderate this forum. The rule is no longer in effect.

When this rule was in effect it was because the OLD Mods of THIS forum knew NOTHING about DXM... and therefore shouldn't have been advising people on how to USE it. Anything less would have been dangerous... and verging on criminal.

That, AND Dex-ers are often quite RUDE when offering their opinions. Look at your post... and how you ignored the recent posts in this thread... before posting your un-informed opinion.

As a Mod, I got tired of dealing with Dex-ers who had done little to no research... coming into this forum and pretending their over the counter drug of choice was perfectly safe.

I was more than happy to let other Mods deal with the DEX-heads.

DEX is NOT perfectly safe. It is cough medicine/PCP... and you have to take LARGE amounts to "Trip" which GREATLY increases the likelyhood of an alergic reaction... or worse.

It is in no way related to Pot, shrooms, salvia, DMT or other psychedelics.

This forum is called The Psychedelic Experience... not the DEX-head Hangout.

If you wish to post about PCP you must post in ODD... and since DEX is roughly the SAME THING... I think it should still be discusses in there.

So, thank your lucky stars that I am no longer Moderating this forum.

CURSE YOU, LUCKY STARS! Somebody like you needs to be here to control this bullshit. I just spent an entire night trying to explain to some folks about the dangers of this substance and none of them were giving anything but SUBJECTIVE experience as just cause.

"DUDE I TRIP ON IT."

No you fucking don't. You Dissociate on it. As I said in the other thread, anyone who knows anything about brain chemistry knows that the slower a substance leaves your body, the more dangerous. I'm not THAT equipped to discuss ODD's but I do know common sense and I will continue to rail against this drug wherever it is supported.

This drug is psychedelic at no dose. All experiences are subjective. There has been no clinical testing at dissociative doses. End of story.

This kind of intolerance for DXM should be expected in a forum about Psychedelic Experiences.

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

OfflineEquinox
Ludicrous gibs!
Male

Loc: TX
Re: undefined [Re: songcycle67]
    #8904594 - 09/09/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree.

I think the negativity surrounding DXM comes from misinformation and a dirty pre-implied mentality about the drug simply because it is "cough syrup". This is a "only junkies drink cough syrup to get high" public image/attitude that most people will not part from, making the line between users and non-users a bold one. Some of you say "screw DXM take shrooms or LSD" well obviously if everyone had shrooms they wouldnt care about DXM... and thats a bad comparison besides...

I have taken dxm/lsd/shrooms many times and enjoy each for their respective properties, however I truely like DXM the most. I have taken DXM perhaps 100+ times in a period of 6 years, and treat the experience as a "trip" since I do the same preparations of mood/settings before hand as with mushrooms/acid/dmt/datura. For me DXM is not specifically spiritual, but can be used as a powerful contemplative tool. In times of worry I would use DXM to flow through deep thoughts and eventually coming to profound life changing truths. A few times when I had been depressed before I took DXM, I would come out of the experience feeling great and this "trip" had the effect of curing my depression long term.

If the user knows what he/she is doing I strongly believe it is both safe and effective at both medicinal and recreational doses. The key to safety is simply buying products where DXM hbr is the ONLY ingredient...

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: undefined [Re: Equinox]
    #8904637 - 09/09/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You're right. :thumbup:

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#8913030 - 09/11/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Why do people keep bumping this OLD OLD OLD thread... when they don't even read all the posts before replying?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineisaacein
exp(ix) = cosx + isinx

#8913143 - 09/11/08 03:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Why [...]... when they don't even read all the posts before replying?

Probably because there's a whole 9 pages of them.

Anyways, my 2 cents on this is that "psychedelic" is quite subjective, and if somebody feels like talking about a psychedelic experience they had from whatever drug, then it's welcome in this forum.

Oh, and "RC's" is quite vague, and many Research Chemicals are quite safe, and definitely psychedelics.

--------------------
Formula: 0

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: undefined *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #8913619 - 09/11/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: undefined [Re: poke smot!]
    #8913731 - 09/11/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think a better solution to this issue would be to make a DXM Safety sticky.

If it's that much of a problem, then rather than split hairs over the dangerous potential of certain drugs, you should make safety information more easily and obviously available.

If you're worried about young kids getting high on dxm and having the shroomery be responsible, then instead of hiding its discussion in a certain forum and discouraging members from giving advice about it, you should be doing the opposite.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

OfflineEquinox
Ludicrous gibs!
Male

Re: undefined [Re: LSDXM]
    #8919805 - 09/12/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Krash Kharma said:
I think a better solution to this issue would be to make a DXM Safety sticky.

If it's that much of a problem, then rather than split hairs over the dangerous potential of certain drugs, you should make safety information more easily and obviously available.

If you're worried about young kids getting high on dxm and having the shroomery be responsible, then instead of hiding its discussion in a certain forum and discouraging members from giving advice about it, you should be doing the opposite.

exactly!

by chastizing people who ask questions about DXM you are turning them away with NO info which is MUCH more dangerous than giving them valid facts.

*just because there are other sites dedicated to DXM, doesnt mean that a novice/noob will know about them. so the info they get here could possibly be the only info they get. the shroomery forums come up at the top of the list for many search terms, and the dedicated DXM forums sometimes dont appear until the 2nd google page...

*just because someone inquires about DXM doesnt mean they are a 14 year old punk ass kid... this is a ridiculous (and common) assumption. even if that was the case, the fact that they tried to research it before taking it should be respected.

*just because you dont like DXM doesnt give you the right to look down on those who do... im sure quite a few people on these forums use heroin/coke regularly (which is MUCH more dangerous) and i personally feel is stupid, but i'm not gonna make them feel bad about it.

the reason all these kids get sick/die when they take DXM: they bought/stole the only product they know ("skittles" "CCC" Coricidin or whatever they call it) the Chlorphineramine maleate in this product can be deadly even when only double the medicinal dose, and IMO should be taken off the market. this could EASILY be avoided if there were a safety sheet. you don't need to turn into a DXM fan club just because you display helpful/safe info.

perhaps simply list products that are obvious/known to be unsafe/lethal when used, and then send them on their way to Erowid, where they can find much more useful (and potentially life saving) information.

just my 2 cents. :]

peace!

OfflineEquinox
Ludicrous gibs!
Male

#8919879 - 09/12/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Why do people keep bumping this OLD OLD OLD thread... when they don't even read all the posts before replying?

and i did read all 9 pages before posting...

i was compelled to reply because i found this thread ridiculously uninformed and biased...

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#8920231 - 09/12/08 06:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah telling people not to do it or post about it and not giving them a legit reason why, or even including some legit facts, or even the positives, or where they can go to learn about it, is kinda the same kind of teaching that DARE does, and we all know how well that program has worked for our children.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: undefined [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8922141 - 09/13/08 03:51 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This thread is no longer valid.

It was started years ago and only recently bumped by someone who ignored the "you are bumping an old thread." warning.

Yes, when I started this thread, this forum's mods WERE uninformed. That is precisely why we didn't wish to moderate posts about this potentially unsate, and non-psychedelic substance.

If you can't read nine pages, don't reply to a nine page thread. If you can read nine pages, don't bump it when it is so obviously outdated.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#8922180 - 09/13/08 04:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
This thread is no longer valid.

It was started years ago and only recently bumped by someone who ignored the "you are bumping an old thread." warning.

Yes, when I started this thread, this forum's mods WERE uninformed. That is precisely why we didn't wish to moderate posts about this potentially unsate, and non-psychedelic substance.

If you can't read nine pages, don't reply to a nine page thread. If you can read nine pages, don't bump it when it is so obviously outdated.

no wonder your no longer a mod, its amazing you even were one.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: undefined [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8929039 - 09/14/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

To follow your logic to it's conclusion:

People don't need to understand mushrooms to moderate this forum.

For God's sake, there is another forum here, to discuss OTHER drugs.

Y'all are crying over spilled milk... THREE years too late.

It entertains me to see so many dexers refuse to read a thread before they reply.

If you can't read a thread, why reply?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder