Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Adamist]
    #3474257 - 12/10/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nothing is definite, thats why you go with whats probable

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephalloidin

Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: notapillow]
    #3474266 - 12/10/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
dmt is in its own catigory i would think

yeah, DMT seems more like some advanced alien technology than a drug

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3474268 - 12/10/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

while hash most certainly gets you higher, it perhaps does more damage than the marijuana that it was made from.

What would suggest this? The fact that when smoking hash you're only smoking compressed trichomes as opposed to plant material? Which sounds better for your lungs to you?

Sorry if that comes off kind of confrontational, I assure you that's not my intent.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: smellycat]
    #3474270 - 12/10/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In my own experience, MDMA and/or LSD give me more focus, clarity & peace of mind than marijuana OR mushrooms. But that's me. :shrug:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#3474278 - 12/10/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

MDMA was the first illicit drug I ever tried. Even before marijuana! :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Jim]
    #3474282 - 12/10/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GratefulJim said:
i think pretty much anything is possible.  except maybe the reptilians.  I might be considered a skeptic in that area.

Wait till you meet one... :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... *DELETED* [Re: Adamist]
    #3474290 - 12/10/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by fresh313

Reason for deletion: bah

Edited by fresh313 (12/10/04 12:40 AM)

Invisiblesmellycat
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: fresh313]
    #3474633 - 12/10/04 02:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fresh313 said:
youd have to compare the same drug in each form, like ex; synthetic THC and naturally extracted THC

I think the extraction/manufacture/isolation is what makes it "unnatural" but I'm sure not everyone holds this same interpration of the quote.

Invisiblesmellycat
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Hooty]
    #3474636 - 12/10/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hooty said:
Quote:

while hash most certainly gets you higher, it perhaps does more damage than the marijuana that it was made from.

What would suggest this? The fact that when smoking hash you're only smoking compressed trichomes as opposed to plant material? Which sounds better for your lungs to you?

Sorry if that comes off kind of confrontational, I assure you that's not my intent.

I mentioned that point in my post. But I'm thinking the more THC, the worse. Cuz THC isn't healthy or is it?

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: fresh313]
    #3474677 - 12/10/04 02:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It just seems logical that the body would know how to process a drug occuring in nature better than a synthetic pharm. Synthetic compounds aren't something the body has had any experience in dealing with. That nature as we know it didn't intend for them to even exist.

ah but you see, often times these chemicals will mimic other neurotransmitters in the brain and bind just like they were those chemicals to begin with. Nicotine binds on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, acting like acetylcholine, for instance. In fact, many chemicals do this all the time.

To bring it down to the basics, i think most people would feel more comfortable with taking a substance that they know for sure came from nature, and i cant blame them, i feel the same way.

Call it ignorant or stupid if you want (not you who i am replying to, just in general), but it brings more peace of mind. And i live in Downtown LA...would you just dealers with substances around here?

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
    #3474734 - 12/10/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Doesn't bother me. I just put on my "I'm talking to a religious person" face. So what? Natural drugs mean cannabis, shrooms, cocaine, morphine, beer, wine, liquor, tobacco, peyote, kratom, salvia, etc. No big deal. They just don't like synthetics (don't exist in nature). Personally I love LSD, 2-c-i, MDMA, 4-ho-dipt, 2-ct-21, would love to try 4-aco-mipt and 2-c-e. But hey, I think methamphetamine was a big mistake. Whatever. I view the preference as a religious one.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3474766 - 12/10/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

For example, when I smoke the ganj, I'm taking it in its natural form, how it is found in nature.

Not necessarily!

Marijuana as it exists today is as it is primary through selective breeding, and is grown under certain conditions to maximize budding and THC content, as well as a few other things.

The marijuana you buy today is quite a bit different from the marijuana that was originally found in the wild.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblesmellycat
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Phluck]
    #3474859 - 12/10/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
For example, when I smoke the ganj, I'm taking it in its natural form, how it is found in nature.

Not necessarily!

Marijuana as it exists today is as it is primary through selective breeding, and is grown under certain conditions to maximize budding and THC content, as well as a few other things.

The marijuana you buy today is quite a bit different from the marijuana that was originally found in the wild.

I know, I mentioned that (strains). :smile:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3474912 - 12/10/04 05:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i only use substances that ive grown/extracted from a plant source myself, with the possable exception of LSD, which i may eat up like candy.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Todcasil]
    #3475086 - 12/10/04 06:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Go read about some of the land race strains from Vietnam and Thailand that have been left to grow without interference by man. Some of those strains are as potent as some of the better strains selectively breed by man.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3475098 - 12/10/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would agree that it is both amusing and annoying.

First, because I don't agree with the distinction made between "natural" and "man-made" materials. Humans are natural products of the universe, thus our products are also natural products of the universe.

Second: just because something grows "naturally" in a plant DOES NOT MEAN IT IS SAFE TO USE. Whereas chemicals created in a lab can be tested and researched to see if they are dangerous, chemicals in plants are there AS A DEFENSE MECHANISM! They are meant to be TOXIC, or at the very least extremely irritating. Some of the most toxic chemicals known come from plants, so you can't feed me any bullshit about "natural" being better or more safe.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: trendal]
    #3475152 - 12/10/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i break it down different than natural and synthetic which i know alot of people who do it that way. i say clean and dirty drugs. i know this is subject to change person to person bu tfor me a clean drug doesnt make you feel like ass for taking it or just the thought of taking it (just some examples, weed and shrooms). now a dirty drug makes you feel well dirty, like when i take dxm i feel like i shouldnt be doing this(and i use to take way to much dxm). also for dirty, some of those drugs that will make you hurt/steal/etc, for another high. and ive meat plenty of crackheads like this. i think heroin is dirty but that is just me i would do opium anyday over heroin. but this is my opinion, if someone wants to take their dirty drugs then thats the way they want to do it. oh yeah ive meet some pretty bad crankers.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Hooty]
    #3475447 - 12/10/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so you want natural drugs because they are "contaminate free"? How do YOU know that? If you didn't grow it, how do you know that it wasn't fucked with? Like the somewhere along the line someone's cat peed on it, or it was dropped in shit, or otherwise fucked with. How do you know that those mushrooms weren't grown on contaminated substrate and still grew, but are probbalyu loaded with mycotoxins?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Anonymous

#3475471 - 12/10/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I strongly disagree. You are not burning any significant amount of plant matter, just the trichomes. In essence, the same as using a vaporizer. THC is not the carcinogenic toxin found in hash/mj smoke :wink:

Soapbar hash isn't too healthy I'm sure.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: When someone says "I only do NATURAL drugs"... [Re: Organic]
    #3475485 - 12/10/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly.

THC itself has no negative effects at all.

Whoever told you otherwise needs to be smacked for being so dumb.

I don't know where people get this nonsense from.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules