Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnson
Stranger
horse fields?
    #333582 - 06/03/01 11:08 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

is it harder to find members of the psilocybe family on horse manure than it is to find them on cow excrement? also, is there a specific time of the day that they are most abundant in cow/horse fields? I live in east tennessee if that makes any difference. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
Re: horse fields? [Re: Johnson]
    #333606 - 06/03/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I would be careful of mushrooms growing in horse dung.  Once a friend of mine and I found a heap of Psilocybin Cubensis look-a-likes growing out of horse poop.  Remeber when looking for cubies in manure: If it doesn't bruise blue, don't eat it! These ones looked alot like cubensis, I'll try and photograph them next time I see them.  Maybe MJShroomer or one of the other veteren mycologists can ID it.  The important thing is that this look-a-like did not bruise blue, even though it looked very much like a normal Psilocybin Cubensis, and they only grew on horse dung.  Weird that, actually.  Even in paddocks with horse and cow dung in them, those ones only grew on horse dung, and the cubes only grow on cow dung (but I have heard of them growing in horse dung too, just never seen it).

I should note that some people warn that a mushroom that turns blue still maybe poison (but I've never seen it). Comments anyone?

The time of day matters not. Some will tell you that the best time is 6 am, but it hasn't made any difference for me.  The best time of day is the time when the paddock's not full of pissed off bulls and/or farmers :wink:.

Addition: Psilocybe subaeruginosa apparently only fruits on horse shit.

Edited by The_Gnome_King on 06/04/01 06:02 AM.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: horse fields? [Re: The_Gnome_King]
    #333808 - 06/04/01 05:45 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

you should have taken a sporeprint to ID it. and BTW, stop talking in absolutes because quite frankly youre giving alot of oppinions as facts that really just arent true.

thou speakest arite
i am the merry wanderer of the night

OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
Re: horse fields? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #333830 - 06/04/01 06:32 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

BTW, stop talking in absolutes because quite frankly youre giving alot of oppinions as facts...

You are guilty of exactly what you acuse me.  You have given your opinion of me as a fact, and given it an absolute manner ("quite frankly").  The only difference is that you won't be able to make me look like a fool with an elegant reply, as I am about to do to you by highliting some direct quotes from my "offending" posts.  And by the way, "opinions" is spelt with one "n".

- "Some will tell you that the best time is 6 am, but it hasn't made any difference for me"

Here I obviously acknowledge that's is only my personal experience, and even offer an alternate view.

-"I should note that some people warn...etc"
Giving alternative to my optinion.

-"Comments anyone?"
Inviting correction/alternative views.

The rest of that post is just a relation of a personal experience of mine, which, I'm sure is quite obvious to anyone that wants to read it.  Here is some extracts from another one of my posts that you commented on:-

-"In my humble optinion..."
This is how I started the post!

-"to the best of my knowledge..."
Admitting uncertainty.

-"I have personal experience with neither psylocybe semilanceata nor panaeolus subbaltaetus, therefor am not fully qualified to comment; however..."
Self explanatory.

-"I would strongly recommend"
Recommending, not ordering.

- "This certainly doesn't mean they don't exist - I have heard mummerings of such mushrooms existing. If anyone knows of one, a picture and name would be good..."
This is how I ended that post, in red so it would stand out, too.

You have obviously grossly misjudged me, my friend.  Maybe you should have a think about the veracity of what you're about to say before you open you big bong hole next time, hmmm?  This way you will avoid an embarrassing verbal whipping by someone who is obviously your humble  superior, personified in this case by me.

Don't take me seriously, I'm just fucking with you.

nah-nah-nah :tongue:

Edited by The_Gnome_King on 06/04/01 09:20 AM.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #333972 - 06/04/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hehehehe.. Horse manure sucks. Only Panaaeolus sphinctrinus and sometime s P. coprophila in the horse manure. But mix the manure with hay/straw/alfalfa, wild grasses and you have great compost for growing in doors or for Pn. subbalteatus, but not for the psilocybes in a natural horse turd. extrememly rare like in deer droppings or Kangaroo shit or even moose droppings where Panaeolus alcidis was discovered.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: horse fields? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #334005 - 06/04/01 11:39 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Just found a shitload of Panaeolus subbalteatus in a horse pasture, and a bunch of Psilocybe coprophila(not they are good for anything) So horse pastures definately have their place in the world of magic.

--------------------

Offlineforax
Re: horse fields? [Re: Lizard King]
    #334730 - 06/04/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by forax (09/28/08 04:21 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#335143 - 06/05/01 11:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

nyahhh yourself! :)

thou speakest arite

Offlinekingkc
enthusiast
 User Gallery
    #335205 - 06/05/01 01:25 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

On the contrary I have found many semis where only horses grazed. Granted, not as many as other places but they were there nonetheless. Peace.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: horse fields? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #335209 - 06/05/01 01:28 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

tell me more of this Panaeolus alcidis :) moose dung you say?
i know where to find that :)

thou speakest arite

OfflineShroomerBoy
    #335648 - 06/05/01 10:08 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmmmm......horses eat hay, cows eat grass.....grass has more nutrients and stuff like that than hay, right?

OfflineRashiki
enthusiast

Re: horse fields? [Re: ShroomerBoy]
    #335802 - 06/06/01 12:37 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

both horses and cows eat grass and hay. Hay is Grass! it is just dried out and usually a better type of grass. Most people just feed hay in the winter b/c the grass dies, when it warms up both cows and horses graze on the growing grass. Thus no need to feed hay. ( i live on a farm) :)

--------------------
love the life you live, live the life you love

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom