Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Bad trips .... Mental Illnesses... Alcohol/Benz/Niacinamide?
    #3306148 - 11/01/04 08:27 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I really want to trip with my friend, the problem he is about 25 years old , he has never really tried any psychedelic drugs.  (maybe ecstasy once, but that doesnt really count)  In any case, he is diagnosed with bipolar, depression and anxiety.   
  WE have both expressed interest in shrooming.  I have only really taken shrooms twice, but acid like 30 times and other psychedelics like Salvia, and PCP twice.  I do not know if I should let him trip out because he seems to have really strong anger issues sometimes and is very moody.  I mean i am reading a lot of stuff about bad trips, and how it is all in your mind, but i dont think if your a positive person in general you can really have a good experience.
  The first time, I ever tripped (hard) was in the middle of math class my junior year in high school! I had NO CLUE what it was like, or any preparation, I had the worst trip of my life.  It sort of changed the way i looked at like for about a couple months, but then i started to have positive experiences with LSD.  Me and my friends liked to walk around our small-town and explore it, or listen to music.  Anyway...
  I am not sure if i want to trip with him, because i am afraid him of becoming potentially dangerous or maybe just more emotionally disturbed.  I am probably just brainwashed by propaganda because i havent done "real" drugs in probably a year or 2. 
  Acid has really changed my point of view on life, at least temporarily for the better.  And maybe it will also do the same for him. 

(by the way, he is willing to try psychedelics i am not going to just offer him to do it, he keeps asking me about it :confused:)

And i was also reading about things that could help you during a bad trip like niacinamide, benzos and i was thinking that probably alochol could also??  When i used to do acid, i would notice that it wouldnt work as well, if you drank with it. 

Oh yah and i am thinking of starting him on like SAN PEDROS, because the high is supposed to be less intense and more natural feeling...

Well if anyone has some advice i would appreciate that very much! Thanks and have a good day ! :smirk:

-jd

Edited by whitegreyhat (11/01/04 08:33 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Bad trips .... Mental Illnesses... Alcohol/Benz/Niacinamide? [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #3306208 - 11/01/04 08:41 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If he goes into the trip expecting a good trip, and isn't scared at all about taking them, he should be fine.

And give him a low dosage for his first time.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Bad trips .... Mental Illnesses... Alcohol/Benz/Niacinamide? [Re: MeThoD]
    #3306706 - 11/01/04 10:38 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah... he *should* be fine.

But I have to warn you. My best fucking friend in my whole life is bipolar, has/had a ton of anxiety problems (which at the time he didn't really know), and has a few other chemical imbalances I think.

Anyway... all three times I've tripped, it's been with him. Here is how all three of his trips went (dosage was ~3 grams, ~2.75 grams, ~2.5 grams):

-1st Trip: Went great at first. Damn good. Then we went in, he got a phone call (from his second best friend, wishing him a happy B-Day), and for some reason he just started freaking out. After he threw up, he basically came down and was fine.

-2nd Trip: Went even better at first. Then his ex-girlfriend called (talk about your crazy mother fucking psychos... I swear, if I see this girl come around him again I'll scare her off myself). Well, things were SPECTACULAR beforehand, but after she called he got worried that she would just "show up" as she is wont to do. So he was worried about that, and we were listening to Eulogy by Tool. I was having a great time as my cigarette smoke and everything was moving to the song, but then he just got the idea that I was upset at him. I tried to convince him otherwise, but eventually he threw up and seemed okay after a short nap.

-3rd Trip: Wow, I really thought we had a breakthrough. Lower dosage...  he didn't have any negative side-effects. He had an excellent trip and throughout the whole thing he was saying things like "Wow... I finally found the right dosage." *Then*, we decide to go to bed. Unfortunately, he couldn't turn his mind off (I guess I'm the only one of us two that likes this state of mind, or doesn't mind it). So he started freaking out and spent the next four hours contemplating suicide and he had to wake his mom up (his 'rents are hella cool people).

So yeah... dose wisely, man. I'd say chances are everything will be okay, but you just never know. And needless to say, my friend is done tripping now. So whatever you do- be careful. Chemical imbalances are nothing to fuck with. Anyway... now I'll step off my soap box.

*Steps down*

Happy shrooming! :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience