Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuedeShoes
Stranger
Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? * 1
    #3230818 - 10/07/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all,

I might have some mushrooms in a couple of days, and I am on 300 mg of Wellbutrin XL. I was wondering if anyone knows if Wellbutrin has any interaction with mushrooms. Specifically, does Wellbutrin make it hard to trip? I have heard that SSRI's (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors) decrease one's ability to trip, although others say that their ability to trip was unaffected. Thus, there seem to be conflicting views on this issue. Perhaps differing experiences are simply because antidepressants affect people differently, but, since no systematic study has been done, the differing experiences could be due to the different conditions under which the mushrooms were eaten.

Anyway, to make things more complicated, Wellbutrin is not an SSRI. Wellbutrin inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine and dopamine. Thus, perhaps the effect that it has on one's ability to trip is different from other antidepressants.

Has anyone had any experiences taking mushrooms while on Wellbutrin? If so, please share them. I would greatly appreciate it. Incidentally, I am planning on skipping Wellbutrin doses for 2 days (that is, I will not take Wellbutrin the day before the mushrooms are consumed, or the day that the mushrooms are consumed). Perhaps I will report my experience here, if I feel it would be informative.

Thanks for reading,

SuedeShows

P.S. I searched the message board for topics containing the word Wellbutrin, and, although a number of posts came up, none of them really addressed my question.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: SuedeShoes] * 1
    #3230902 - 10/07/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There are no interactions with bupropion.

I recommend people bookmark this link: http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1995503

There are a lot of threads like this and I try to answer them all... And all my answers come from there.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Ayrios] * 1
    #3231138 - 10/07/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

::::Bookmarked:::: 

Thanx~  :smile:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineSuedeShoes
Stranger
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Ayrios] * 1
    #3231161 - 10/07/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the link, Ayrios. The information on that page seems very thorough and comprehensive.

I just have one question. On that page, under Bupropion (i.e. Wellbutrin), it says that "There are no known dangers from combining [hallucinogens] with Bupropion." That is reassuring, but I wonder if that also means that Wellbutrin does not decrease one's ability to trip. I only raise this point because I found an entry in Erowid's Experience Vault in which the person took mushrooms while on Wellbutrin, and was unable to trip.

Here's the link: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=28129

Of course, this is just one anecdote. Still, I was hoping that someone on this board could confirm (from personal experience) that Wellbutrin does not affect one's ability to trip.

Thanks again for the info,

SuedeShoes

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3231533 - 10/08/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The page also says it may act as a weak 5HT (serotonin) reuptake inhibitor. Mushrooms work by interacting with the serotonin. This could weaken the trip a bit but I think she'd have mentioned if a lot of people report it. A lot of people are on Wellbutrin and I'm inclined to believe that 'weak' really does mean weak in this situation. You probably wouldn't notice the small amount of weakening that may occur.

Offlinesilvanadelucci
Stranger

Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Ayrios] * 2
    #12316449 - 04/02/10 07:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have taken Welbutrin and Shrooms and it completely blocked any absorbtion of Psilocybin. I literally ate 10 shrooms and the only thing I felt was muscle spasms.

Taking the two in combination is a waste of time and mushroom.
Welbutrin is also known to lower the seizure threshold so it could actually put one at more risk than is acceptable.

OfflineJCosmo
Psychonaut

Loc: Flag
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: SuedeShoes] * 2
    #12835120 - 07/01/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I know the OP is 6 years old but I'm replying because when I searched for the answer, I couldn't find it... so if anyone else is looking for an answer to whether Wellbutrin blocks the ability to trip, I can say that it doesn't. I take 300 mg daily and I had a level 2 on 7.5 grams wet.

--------------------
Pathological liar and expert at creating and photographing fake mushrooms.

Offlinedunce
Adventurist
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: SuedeShoes] * 2
    #22608637 - 12/03/15 12:21 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

If anyone is still searching for this, I'd like to add my own experience so someone can get some insight on this subject. I take 300 mg of Wellbutrin XL (bupropion). I've been taking this for the past year and a half and I've tripped many times on all sorts of substances. My friend and I took mushrooms a couple weeks ago before we saw the Cars movie at the Cinemark and we shared an eighth (3 grams).I took 1 or 1 and a half grams. About an hour into the movies I looked over to my friend saw his skin looking a lot clearer and kinda moving in a sense. The walls were breathing and my emotions were highly affected bc of the shrooms. (cars is an emotional movie). This was one of the best trips i've ever had. I've also tripped on acid many times during my time taking bupropion and I don't think it ever affected my trips, weakening or strengthening them. I've tripped before I started taking Bupropion and I remember having equal to or the same effects. I hope this helped, if anyone has questions feel free to message me.

--------------------

OfflineCactiguy1979
Aspiring Shaman
Male

Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: dunce] * 1
    #22608902 - 12/03/15 01:37 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I can't speak for mushrooms, but I know it does not interact with cacti.

OfflineCactiguy1979
Aspiring Shaman
Male

Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Cactiguy1979] * 1
    #22608910 - 12/03/15 01:39 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit I just saw the OP is 11 yrs old

OfflineFluxor2k
Stranger
    #24363658 - 05/30/17 10:03 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Wow this is old. I wanna to add that I too have been on wellbutrin club 300 mg for 5 years and I still trip just like I did before. I feel no ill effects.

InvisibleRRedBBeard
SE Connecticut
Male
Loc: SE CT
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Fluxor2k] * 2
    #26276672 - 10/25/19 04:38 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

This thread certainly has longevity!
I've been taking 300mg of Wellbutrin daily for 7 years, and I'm waiting/hoping that my first grow of GT and B+ will be worthwhile.
My goal is to establish a regular microdosing regimen for myself, and give up the antidepressants. My doctor is old school and poo-poo'd the idea of shrooms' usefulness in treating depression.
I'll report back after the fact!

OfflineOmbisha
Transmutant
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Tartaria
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: RRedBBeard] * 1
    #27066019 - 12/01/20 10:09 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RRedBBeard said:
This thread certainly has longevity!
I've been taking 300mg of Wellbutrin daily for 7 years, and I'm waiting/hoping that my first grow of GT and B+ will be worthwhile.
My goal is to establish a regular microdosing regimen for myself, and give up the antidepressants. My doctor is old school and poo-poo'd the idea of shrooms' usefulness in treating depression.
I'll report back after the fact!

It's been a year, have anything to report? How did switching form wellbutrin to microdosing went for you? I have just been prescribed bupropion, therefore am justified in resurrecting this thread once again.:elmo:

--------------------

Offlineminuteparticulars
Stranger
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Ombisha] * 1
    #27072624 - 12/04/20 08:58 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

It's been a year, have anything to report? How did switching form wellbutrin to microdosing went for you? I have just been prescribed bupropion, therefore am justified in resurrecting this thread once again.:elmo:

Hey! I'm not the person you were responding to, but I couldn't help reply myself when I saw that your post was from just a few days ago. I came across this thread doing my own searching today.

I've been taking Wellbutrin 300mg XL for almost 4 years. I've tripped on various substances during that timeframe, including shrooms several times. I've never had a negative interaction and as far as I could tell my experience was in no way dampened by my medication.

The reason why I searched this topic today is because every time before I plan to trip, I like to reassure myself that there are no adverse interactions between shrooms and Wellbutrin. Even though I have anecdotal experience, I am the type of person who does better with a lot of reassurance and it helps a lot with my anxiety.

I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but the general consensus seems to be that it's not dangerous to combine the two.

Oh and one more thing I want to add - I usually trip later in the night, and I take my medication in the morning, so the two don't exactly overlap by a lot anyway. But still, should be fine.

InvisibleSapphire_Garden
Not a stranger
Female

Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: minuteparticulars] * 1
    #27167777 - 01/24/21 06:27 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Sapphire_Garden

Reason for deletion: TMI

--------------------
I’ve come in peace.
~~Buzz Lightyear

Offlinelegendaryhank
Stranger
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Sapphire_Garden] * 1
    #27563372 - 11/30/21 03:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I was thinking about Wellbutrin today and came across this thread doing a random search about it and shrooms and I figure I share my experience. I will say that you should -not- do what I did, I didn't have enough information and just kind of went in half-informed and thankfully it ended the way it did.

Been on 150 Wellbutrin daily for the past 10 or so years. My Dr said I was clinically depressed because I never wanted to go out and do things, avoided people, and never thought about suicide or anything like that. So I just took the pill a day and never thought much about it. Never really effected me any one way or another I guess? I did end up going outside more but that was mainly because of University and having to need other people to get projects done. I had my first experience with magic mushrooms having missing 1-2 days of taking Wellbutrin (not on purpose, just got too busy and forgot). 

Everyone, even the person that donated them to me said to start small, 1-2 caps/day (each capsule had roughly .4 to .5g dried and ground up) to microdose. I took 2 and after 4-5 hours I felt nothing. Took 2 more and ate something, after 2-3 hours felt nothing. Took 4 more and after 2 hours only felt a very slight body high and a bit of a headache and stomach ache. Smoked a single bowl of really decent marijuana over the course of an hour and the headache/stomach ache went away, didn't get much higher.

Took 6 capsules more of a different strain and smoked another bowl over the course of 1-2 hours and that was when I finally noticed it. Colors were extremely saturated and bright, text was breathing (is the best way to describe it) and I was extremely euphoric and talkative. As the night progressed I got even more euphoric, to constant giggling, to where I felt shy and that made it even funnier, to the point of laugh-crying. When I walked around I couldn't even feel my head attached to my body and my body felt very light, not disoriented or anything, just vibing.

I was completely lucid during the whole time, talking to friends (I was and still kind of am very introverted) and them asking me how I was etc. I was actively trying to have conversations with people, actively engaging and asking questions. Watched random funny youtube videos, tried to play video games but I couldn't concentrate on any one game, ended up back to watching vids.

That following few days I asked my Dr to take me off Wellbutrin and have been microdosing (properly) since. It didn't completely change my personality yet but daily taking 1 capsule is making the world look less gloomy, a lot more saturated and I like it. It makes me want to go outside more instead of staying indoors. And I think even writing this now is a tribute to microdosing daily.

That first time was the happiest I'd ever been that I could ever remember.

The next night I tried to do the same amount and started vibing then got spooked thinking some shadowy figure was right next to me, spooked to the point where I couldn't even get high when I tried with multiple bowls that night.

Overall ended up being around 6.5-7g of capsules over the course of 6-7 hours before really noticing anything the first time.

Edited by legendaryhank (11/30/21 04:07 PM)

OfflineMarblemicros
Stranger
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: Sapphire_Garden] * 1
    #27685008 - 03/06/22 12:15 PM (2 years, 23 days ago)

You should look into TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation). I just heard about it yesterday and it's covered by many insurances. You have to have documented depression that is resistant to meds, and tried multiple different kinds. But I've heard people have had amazing results that last years.

OfflineMissyDee
Stranger
Re: Does Wellbutrin interact with mushrooms? [Re: SuedeShoes]
    #27879886 - 07/27/22 09:51 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I absolutely love how old the original post is. It’s still relevant, so why not? I’d like to share my experiences with taking psychedelics while on Wellbutrin.

Mushrooms: I still got pretty high (I’m extremely sensitive, so it doesn’t take much). However, the high was different. The visuals were the same, but the anxiety I usually get when coming up, as well as any sort of emotional component was missing. I could think normally, and felt… sober… with visuals. It was kind of boring, actually! I’m planning to do it again on a camping trip coming up next week, so we’ll see if it’s the same. I may try skipping my Wellbutrin in the morning and see if that helps.

I’d very much like to try micro dosing shrooms, but based on how the two seem to interact for me, I may have to stop taking Wellbutrin if I want the positive effects of micro dosing. I’ve been doing well on Wellbutrin, so I don’t know if it’s the best idea.

LSD: I felt pretty much the same as when I did acid pre-Wellbutrin, however I haven’t done it since because I had a mild seizure while on it. (I might add this was the first and last time I’ve ever had a seizure) I remember randomly getting some intense anxiety, and then a tingling sensation that started at my toes and went all the way up my body… when it reached my head is when I completely disassociated. I was by myself in bed when it happened, so I have no idea how long it went on for, but needless to say, it was mildly terrifying. The anxiety stuck around for a few hours after.

I tried finding anything online regarding interactions between LSD and Wellbutrin, with no luck. Perhaps if someone else has the same reaction as me, they might find this old thread and find it helpful.

Edited by MissyDee (07/27/22 10:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds