Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Smoking Kratom
    #3189455 - 09/27/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How come I hear of most people taking kratom orally rather than smoking it? I plan to quit smoking weed for a month and during that month time substitute kratom for it. But of course I won't be smoking Kratom every day or even every other day, just maybe 1-3 times a week for a month. Which would be better for a smoking method, kratom resin extract or kratom dried leaf? Is smoking kratom harsh on the lungs (I have a water-pipe to use, so will it still be harsh)? I was thinking that like just 1 bowl of dried kratom leaves grounded up would be a low-medium dosage to smoke. I'm not sure how much I'd need to smoke of the resin to reach effects though. any help or advice is appreciated. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3190750 - 09/28/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The best method is to chew the leaves without the center stem or make a tea. Theree to 7 dried grams would be a good healthy doe. Check this forum for pictures of sees, flowers, leaves and tree from Thailand. I would avoid so-called kratom extracts. most are not real kratom.

mj

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3190780 - 09/28/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Taking Kratom orally is far more efficient. If you want to smoke it, maybe make some tea beforehand. Then you'll be sure to be well dosed.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3191024 - 09/28/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have never had notable success smoking Kratom or extracts that I have made.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3191193 - 09/28/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I would avoid so-called kratom extracts. most are not real kratom.

Not true any more. The "mellow gold" mis-representation era seems to be definately over, I don't know of any company that labels that crap as kratom any more. The Balinese extract (boiled down infusion of commercial grade leaves) definately works, but it tastes awful and its strength does not surpass the higher grades of leaf, so I dont see any real reason for using it.

Smoking (or vaporizing) stronger extracts may very well work, but smoking the Balinese extract does not seem like a good idea.

Edited by Young_but_cool (09/28/04 11:55 AM)

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3193349 - 09/28/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What about smoking the leaves? I'm just looking for something to basically give me an opium like high or something of that nature, instead of smoking bud.

--------------------
----------primussucks

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3193442 - 09/28/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Why must you smoke it? If you absolutely must then just follow my suggestion above because smoking it usually doesn't work very well. If you make a tea you will get opium like effects though.

Well I suppose if you get leaves or extracts that are strong enough then it would work if you just smoked it, but I haven't come across that yet myself. I haven't heard of anyone smoking and getting any good results actually. But hey, try it out yourself. Try different kinds. If it doesn't work smoking, make some tea.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by Locus (09/28/04 11:09 PM)

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #3194965 - 09/29/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, stick to Locus advice. I can't see any advantages of smoking it, but then again I'm not a big fan of smoking anything anymore (I've switched to vaporizing when it comes to cannabis. All advantages.). And you should also review your motives for quitting cannabis, kratom is more addictive than weed, so if it's not solely out of legal reasons, switching to a more addicting drug is not recommended.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3195671 - 09/29/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have some kratom resin that I've smoked. It's fairly mild when smoked, nice but small effects. I should try eating some or making a tea.

Stoney

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3196853 - 09/29/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well I basically just want to stop smoking bud to clear my system. I want to smoke something other than marijuana and yes I know Kratom isn't that great of a choice due to being more addictive. That's just all I can think of smoking besides MJ.

--------------------
----------primussucks

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3197575 - 09/29/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Are you looking to just smoke something or smoke something and get effect? Cause you could jsut buy some herbal smoking blends if you wanna smoke something, they usually taste pretty good. Going completely sober for two weeks isn't a bad idea either.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: neuro]
    #3198068 - 09/29/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm looking for something to smoke comparable to an opium like high or mj high.

--------------------
----------primussucks

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: Locus]
    #3198454 - 09/30/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Have any of you smoked the premium stuff? I wonder if that would work at all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds