Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Double Tubs [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #3216850 - 10/05/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
oh and I'm posting my results in this thread...since this is the double bins thread it belongs here...you planning the same psilly?

yep, I think I will, since it was eatyualive who gave me the idea!

I like it for its simplicity, especially for the current living situation... i dont have quite the lab i did in my old place.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Double Tubs [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3220055 - 10/05/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

cool, soon as I get going I'll start takin pics I need to get some bins first...where'd you buy those eatyu?

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3221322 - 10/06/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Walrus. go to wwww.nansnook.org. everything you need is there. when i get the spare time im going to post the same tek at shroomery!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Tubs [Re: eatyualive]
    #3221672 - 10/06/04 04:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

cool I registered and checked out your tek...good stuff :smile:

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3221873 - 10/06/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
Walrus. go to wwww.nansnook.org. everything you need is there. when i get the spare time im going to post the same tek at shroomery!

thats not a site addy any more http://www.thenook.org/ is it in the archives or the fourm

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinerosewoodpete
a grain of sandamongst thedunes

Re: Double Tubs [Re: onetime]
    #3226174 - 10/07/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

fukin awesome

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Double Tubs [Re: rosewoodpete]
    #3227499 - 10/07/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thank you everyone. I apologize it was the wrong addy. it is www.thenook.org. Register and look in the journal area. It is in Eatyualive's Chamber of Shrooms. It is my own little section on the forum. Has most of the work I have done over the past 8 years on it!

Walrus, those bins are available at office depot. best bins on earth. stackable blanket bins or something like that. They are 11.99 now. 64 quart bins with lids!

I look forward to seeing everones results.... but remember this is an old tek that not many people use

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (10/07/04 12:52 PM)

Offlinephunkjunky311
Royalty Smoker
Loc: Illinois
    #3229591 - 10/07/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

no i was asking if you could use Pf cakes instead of straw because i dont have a PC to sterlize the straw so i was just planning on boiling the pf jars unless theres a way to sterilize straw without a pressure cooker

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Double Tubs [Re: phunkjunky311]
    #3229812 - 10/07/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you pasteurize straw and spawn

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3230051 - 10/07/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you can use cakes to do this. Just pastuerize the straw by keeping it at 160-180F for 1 hour and add crumbled up PF cakes to it after you let it cool down. Look up a straw TEK for more detailed instructions on pastuerization.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#3231756 - 10/08/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

old or not I see a lot of potential...I don't plan to follow everything to a T but thats my style..I like to take different ideas from different teks and just go with them...the only time following a tek to T might be a good idea is the first time you grow tho I must confess I have been inovating since the beginning despite the warning that its the #1 cause of failure your first time

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3233937 - 10/08/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes you can use pf cakes in these chambers. I tried a few casings also but it works best when you have the enitire thing full. You need to make sure the height of the holes are about even where say a casing would be. or maybe halfway down the cake. This is to allow co2 to expell. so you may have to drill your holes lower down the chamber but i think you should try and pasteurize some straw. Soak it for 24 hours.. Place it in a pillow case, then boil a few pots of water. throw the case full of straw in a cooler or ice chest and put a weight on top of it. then place the boiling water over it and close it for two hours. also before you do this, preprep a clean area. Then you can hang the pillow case in the shower and allow the straw to drain for a few hours. Also... use the tek that is found at the nansnook and you can even pastuerize your dung in the oven. Use the pf cakes for spawn and you can do this exact tek! If you don't know what spawn is look it up and read a few more teks to get a general idea of how to use dung. dung/straw can be tricky, you have to get the correct moisture content so that spawn run can be very quick. if you follow the steps in this tek it is really simple and contam ratios are very low. In fact, out of the entire time i have used this tek i have only thrown out one tub and that was bc the ac went out! so it really woulnd't have been thrown out if the ac stayed on!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
    #3234007 - 10/08/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nice tek eats!!

Been a while, we almost traded ounce some texas? remember?
Anyway cool LOW CARE BOX ya got there what a flushhhhhhhhhhhh!!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#3234163 - 10/08/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

all I do is fill boil a couple pots of water, clean out one of my laundry tubs then add hot water until its about 3/4 over the straw or poo...then add a pot of water(which will cover everything....then about 30min to an hour later I add about half the boiling water I added the first time...I do this so that the the hot water gets right through all the poo or straw to make sure its pasteurized...then I just leave this overnight...in the mornin when the water is cold I pull it out and drain...also I add some lime in a sock lol and a lil bleach(probably not needed but its extra protection)...I haven't had a contam yet(accept for creeper stalling on poo but I don't believe this is related to the pasteurization) and its much easier than using a stove with a therm...which btw you don't need...as long as you get the water steamin good its hot enough...I've done this many times as well without any problems...also if you do it in a pot on the stove make sure you have something on the bottom to keep the straw and bag from getting too close or you will burn it a lil....straw will still work but why burn it if you don't have too :laugh:

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3239228 - 10/10/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

here is apic of that tek after the 3 day spawn run. This spawn run averages almost 90% of the time a spawn run of 3 days.

Thanks Lou, yeah I remember somewhat, I have puffed my fair share of bowls forgetting things for the last few years!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3239283 - 10/10/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Eatyu's How To

First of all I want to say that this tek is derived from many other teks. It is just my little twist on it. This is simply put, Millet's Tekwith Eat's adaptivity to it. It doesn't mean it is better or worse, it is just a little different with ratios and utensils!

The basis ratio for this tek is basically 50/50 dung/verm. The casing is also 50/50 coir/verm. you can use peat moss but one 1/4 pound coir brick equals the entire casing for one 64 quart bin.

Recipe for 4 -64 quart clear bins for double tubs.

Ratios Per Turkey Tins( 4 turkey tins total):
12 cups screened worm castings
12 cups vermiculite.
1 quart distilled water

1 quarter pressure cooker bag full of straw per 4 turkey tins

so your total for 4 turkey tins would be 48 cups dung, 48 cups verm and 1 gallon distilled water. we will mix these ratios later but for now we will just tell you these ratios.

supplies needed:
2 long sterilized spoons( long enough to break up mycelia in quart spawn jars)
4 turkey tins
vermiculite
dry worm castings
plastic gloves( powder free)
painting mask
ozium or disinfectant spray
rubbing alcohol
finely chopped straw( preferrably chopped with a food processor or wood chipper)
thick foil
terrarium lid for filtering( available at any pet store)
5 quarts of colonized spawn
extra distilled water
2 large glass jars made for pcing, gallon size preferably( these are available at any asian market that sells kim chee- which is a korean cabbage dish) the lids also come autoclaveable! These large jars will be used to make the 50/50 casing soil

Procedures

All pre steps done the night before
Pre Step-Screen your worm dung with a terrarium lid for a reptile aquarium
Pre Step-2 Finely chop your straw until it is almost 1" to powder size. the smaller the better.
Pre Step 3- soak straw 24 hours, strain then pc for two hours.

Explanation: the finer the straw is the better it mixes into the spawn run. also, the spawn run is much shorter when the mix is more even. now presoak this straw for 24 hours. Then pc the straw for 2 hours at 15 psi. Remember though you don't have to do this straw step until the night before you decide you want to do the spawning. Also, it isn't advisable to keep straw sitting too long even after it has been pced bc straw is very quick to contam. I would suggest keeping it in the pc until you decide it is time to spawn or it would be better to just pc it the night before you spawn.

I often tend to do this in a few steps which make it a little easier. I cook everything the night before and then spawn everything the next day. Just make sure you have a clean working area. Everything can be done open air. It is advisable to run air filters and spray disinfectant spray in the air before you spawn. It is even a good idea to drop the house temp about 5 degrees a few hours before you do the spawning. Then turn the ac off while you do this spawning.

Below is a picture of the texture the straw should be. this has been chopped with a food processor from wallmart. After that picture is a picture of the straw after it is soaked and pced.

Here is another picture of the straw pre soaking. notice in the picture that the larger pieces of straw are right next to the finer pieces. this is for comparison. you do not want anything over 1" pieces. in fact powder straw is even better! this will be pointed out when we get to the spawning section!

Process:

1. Add 16 cups screened dung and 16 cups vermiculite to each turkey tin. We do 4 turkey tins with this same ratio in each.

2. You also need your gallon of distilled water for this step.
As you can see the vermiculite and dung are piled in the turkey tin.

....straw amount after being soaked and pced! This is about the amount of straw you need. I would say this is about 1/2 a turkey tin full once it is laid out. There is no ratio just fill a large bowl and soak the straw. then when you pc it try and get about the amount in the picture below. The key to this tek is speedy colonization. Straw contams hella fast so you want the straw to colonize asap. The other principle of this is that you want the dung to soak up the extra water from the straw. If you have overly wet straw you will have microbes growing up the wazoo! I purposely make my mix in the dung/straw a little dry to soak up this extra straw water. Now take note that if you think this ratio seems a little too dry, wait till it is pastuerized. It is definitely the right ratio!

3.Add 1 quart distilled water or 1/4th gallon per turkey tin. you want to mix this using gloves and make it light and fluffy and very soft. it will be pea size particals. just like your pf mix! but just add a little at a time. you may add a little more water than a quart but a quart works perfectly!

4. Ok now one of the keys to this entire tek is this mix. You have to make sure this mix is so light and fluffy it wants to float out of your hands. You can use the drop squeeze between the finger method to make the moisture correct. But this mix actually speeds the colonization.

....Look yummy all nice and shitty. the shittier it looks the better! .......Had to add the shit humor!

5. This is what the mix should look like after you are done mixing by hand! Nice and fluffy! It is very similar in moisture content as the pf jars that I explain how to make in this Journal Area.BRF The Mix

This just explains a little more about moisture content. The flushes with this tek are incredible and don't need more than the correct moisture content. The condensation that is created in these chambers is so high that it renourishes the water back into the substrate for post 1st flushes.

6. Now place the thick large tin foil over the tray so that it is air tight. Make sure the type of foil you use is very wide so that it fits directly over the turkey tin and keeps all the moisture in.

7. Now you have to pastuerize the dung/verm mix in the oven. Preheat your oven to 185 degrees.

8. Place the trays in your oven and cook them for 2-4 hours at 185. The temp may vary dpending on your oven but for the most part you want the inner temp of the mix to be about 160-170 for a steady two hours. I always cook them for 4 hours but friends have had success with 2.

9. You can time this where you can start pcing the straw now. It will take two hours so cooking time is perfect.

10. After the 4 turkey tins are done cooking leave them in the oven to cool overnight.

Here is a picture perfect example of the best shitty mix on earth. Please feel free to copy this picture to your desktop and print it for framing on your wall at home!

This is a snake cage lid for an aquarium. You can get these at any pet store. This is used to screen the dung. Also look in the archives for this. From FM.

Processing Dung

11. Now you must prep everything for spawning. I usually run an air filter and spray disinfectant or ozium in the air. you need a mask, gloves, pced spoon, 5 quarts of spawn and an extra tub for a mixing box.

12. Clean your work area and prep all materials.

13. I use rubbing alcohol to clean each bin inside by hand. Then stuff the holes with fresh polyfil. Make sure you clean the top of the lid also because from here on out each lid stays on until the spawn is transferred from the mixing box into each chamber. Once the transfer is complete you don't open the bins again until it is time to case. The polyfil allows enough fresh air and co2 buildup for the perfect spawn run. The spawn run has always been no more than 4 days with this tek. If this doesn't happen you must have contamed something. It will probably smell sour- but that is a different lesson- lets concentrate on the tek for now!

14. Now I use 30 gallon black plastic trashbags and open the bags halfway. I then place them on the bottom of the chamber where the sides creep up the sides of the chamber.
once you place the plastic bag in the tub, put the sterile lid on top.

15. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION: Spawning must be done very quickly this is open air. And you must not breathe on it so wear a mask. The straw is also very vulnerable to contamination so we must use a lid on the mixing box.

16. Use another trash bag lined in a 64 quart bin for a mixing box. Make sure you rub the bin and lid down with alcholol before use. Then close the lid!

17. Here it is in a nutshell, Basically dump all 4 turkey tins very quickly in the mixing box and then add the straw.

18. Begin mixing the mix with your glove covered hands.

This mix will be light and fluffy and you want to MAKE SURE THAT YOU BREAK UP ANY CLUMPS OF STRAW. MAKE SURE ALL THE STRAW IS COMPLETELY COVERED BY THE DUNG. ALSO MAKE SURE THE EXTRA WATER IS SOAKED UP BY THE DUNG

Here the straw and dung are dumped into the mixing box!

The mix is then mixed by hand consistenly until it is almost the same texture as the previous mix. You want this light and fluffy feel to it everytime. Works like a charm!

19. It is easier to do this with two people, however you can do it alone. just make sure everytime you are done mixing close the lid. Keep as little air exposure as possible to prevent contamination.

20. Now you have to break up your 5 quart spawn jars and dump them right on top of this mix!

21. Now after that break up any seed that is stuck together by hand. Make sure each piece of wbs is broken up so that the spawn mixes better. You then make a twisting and turning moition and make sure you get the bottom of the mix. Try and mix it to where the spawn looks evenly mixed throughout the entire dung/straw.

22. Look closely and you can see the little white dots in the mix. This mix is almost done. It looks very even and consistent

.....Another view of the mix

.....Another.. I stress these pictures because they are very important!

This is the final product and the mix is done!

Finally Transfer handfulls of the mix into each separate chamber( 4 in all). The sub level should lineup just about an inch under where the polyfil holes are. The depth is about 4 inches. Spread the mix evenly and smoothely around the bottom of the chamber as if you were going to make a casing.

Let this incubate somewhere dark for 4-5 days. Then when it is fluffy whie it is time to case.

Casing: Casing is prepared excatly like the 50/50 dung/verm mix except the dung is substituted with coir! Then it is pced for 1 hour. This casing is the exact moisture content of all the mixes in this tek. Once you get this ratio down. It is a breeze because it is basically doing the same repetitiveness.

This is what the colonized sub bed will look like

Explanation:

The problem many people have is the part where the casing comes in. Now tek stresses the fine ground straw because it mixes in perfectly and doesn't leave any big pieces of uncolonized straw to get contamed. So the substrate should look like this in a few days. The best part of the clear bins is that they allow you to see when the bed is colonized before you give it air exposure.

Incubation can be helped by placing a dark black plastic sheet over the bins or a sleeping bag

....once the spawn has been colonized case it and incubate it for about 5 more days. sometimes the casing will colonize in 3 days but 5 is ideal!

After the casing has colonized, it will look like this on the outside of the chamber. Notice all that condensation. It may look like too much but it isn't. This plays a key role in the later flushes. It actually has enough moisture for a few flushes without rehydrating between flushes!

.....Now once the casing is colonozed just place the other sterile bin on top and let it sit in the light for about a week and you will begin to see pins!

And walla, the final product. Also take note that this chamber has only been opened two times. Once to add casing. And once to pick the fruits. The top chamber is then replaced after picking. If the casing is torn up patch small spots but don't add any extra water you will fuck the environment!

Notice the sides of the chamber. This condensation is created. It will build up and lower at the appropriate times of pinning, fruiting, and harvesting, then repinning. It is almost too perfect. YOu don't have to do shit for all you lazy mofo's out there! Go sit on the couch and rip the bong, bong rippas!

....This entire process probably takes close to one month but it lasts at least2 months of fruiting if you play your cards right. The average yield for these chambers is about 8-10 oz dry. But it has been reported to have 1lb flushes dry! from each tub. So next time your friend says they know all this shit and try and run you into the ground, you know you didn't do nearly as much work! lol

mature canopy!

....see the suns rays. it isn't advisable to have direct sunlight on the chamber. this may raise the temps in the chamber. use dim light but this is a nice little shot of the morning sun on the crop!

....You can see in this picture how fluffy and white the casing is below the mushrooms. look at the bottom left! This is what the ideal casing looks like!

z strain. oh yeah and just cause im a pro don't mean you can't do this! The above pics are my first try at this tek and this is how I did it.

I hope you have enjoyed Eat U's How To!

Ya' ll come back now ya hear!

The rest of the pictures will be uploaded in probably a week bc the shroomery limit on pictures so now I have to upload like 5 different days to put these pictures on the post!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (03/16/08 11:45 AM)

Offlinexistenz
Stranger

#3240617 - 10/10/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

HOLY SHIT!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OfflineMeatbandit
halves andpieces

Loc: Under the chair
Re: Double Tubs [Re: xistenz]
    #3241347 - 10/11/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good morning shroomtown!

Offlinephunkjunky311
Royalty Smoker
Loc: Illinois
    #3242415 - 10/11/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Eat u Alive,
ive been doing some thinking, and i was wondering if you could do this tek with virtually any size container, as long as they were the same size. If using 2 smaller containers i think it would allow for a more rapid flow of air through the tubs and the shrooms may grow faster or larger. Also i was wondering if this tek could also be used to grow Copes and Subbs.
Thanks,
Zig

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3249260 - 10/12/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

phunk, go check the link stated previous to www.thenook.org. There you will find a post about mini double tubs in my chamber area. This works well with any size tub. I use shoebox size tubs and get about 2oz dry flushes wtih them. Everything works the same way!

Here is a link to a mini tub!
Amazon Double Tub

Texas Clone

This is straight worm castings and no black plastic at the bottom! Peaking In

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (10/12/04 09:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale