Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
slug problems
    #2881811 - 07/12/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i currently have an outdoor grow going and slugs are taking big chunks out of my mushrooms and eatind away at the mycelium. is there anyway i can get rid of this slug problem? i was considering making a barrier of salt around the grow area but i wanted to hear some of your ideas. anyone??

psilostylin :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: slug problems [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2881894 - 07/12/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Stale beer in small containers buried in level to the ground. The slugs will drink it and die. Kills snails too. Or, you can place a barrier of saw dust around the plot. They can't cross over it.

You'll have to replace the beer (as it will evaporate) and the sawdust (as it will get wet and break down) to keep the slugs out. But that's better on the plot than poisoning the soils with salt.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2881925 - 07/12/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

what kind of shrooms are growing? did you spread the spores yourself?

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2883111 - 07/12/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Buy some slug killer. Get the kind that doesn't harm humans or pets. Don't put it directly on your patch, put it around your patch and then all over your yard. Go for the massive kill. All the slugs in my neighborhood are dead to me. I even put some in my neighbors yard. I suck them all in with the sweet smell of mycelium, then I go for some mass execution. It is slug genocide on a wide scale. The garden beds are littered with the fallen carcuses of the war. Somewhere in slug hell, they have my picture hanging on high.

Now sure, you might say, "But Jesus, slugs have feelings to." But I am Christ, not Budda. I don't care about the great circle of life. Slugs probably do have feelings, and I bet that they are pretty good feelings when they are eating my shrooms. I always said that those slugs would be first against the wall when the revolutions comes. Well now, the revolution is here, and it will be televised. Death to slugs!

And don't think for a moment that this will simply stop here. This is just the begining. It is really a diabolical plan to take over the entire free world, one patch at a time. Think globably, kill all the slugs you can locally.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2883146 - 07/12/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

IMO i would go with starter's idea on the beer. i've seen it work before so i have faith in it.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

Re: slug problems [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2883173 - 07/12/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

jesus your fucked up lol

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: slug problems [Re: shangrila]
    #2883810 - 07/12/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Next time someone asks you WWJD?

Tell him that he would kill the slugs.

Trust Jesus, kill slugs dead.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds