Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAlone In The Fire
Pooh-Bah

Loc: vanderbilt university/nas...
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you?
    #286398 - 04/05/01 04:37 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

natural drugs can hurt you also you moron

--------------------
3DShroom is a bitch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: Alone In The Fire]
    #286497 - 04/05/01 05:13 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

oh really? so you been believeing the liberals then. I'm sorry. to bad you don't know any better. If used in moderation it won't do a thing to you. maybe if you did it way too much like a pound a day then yeah it might. but I doubt it.

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: Taz]
    #286531 - 04/05/01 05:34 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Amanitas are a natural drug. That's all I think I have to say.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

OfflineDividedSky
journeyman
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: the universe]
    #286533 - 04/05/01 05:36 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

There are plenty of natural drugs that are poisonous. Jimpson Weed? hmmmm thats just one

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #286825 - 04/05/01 11:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you do know that weed isn't healthy right? Just that some idiots think it can be used for medicinal purposes does not mean it is safe, unless taken in pill form(thc) or using a vaporizer. Smokeing weed (which has over 400chems in it) cause the 400 chems to turn into thousands and there will be some which are toxic.
All those morons who have cancer and still smoke it to get rid of the pain are idiots, 1st it cause cancer 2nd there are drugs which would work better, but if your bent on smoking up i guess you'll make up anyting.

Although only thing i can even think of which mushrooms can cause is a possible damage to serotonin receptor, but this is just a theory. But in comaprison to any other drugs i'd say mushies are some of the safest drugs you can take.

Oh yeh taz ever heard of a chem called scoploamine well it's found in the Corkwood tree(Duboisia myoporoides) which was used as a sedative to treat sea sickness during the ww2. Anyways yeh after it's great trippy feeling (flying ) if enough was consumed you kinda die.

Many other "natural" drugs can kill you, you must be very ignorant to think otherwise.

"big brother doesn't want you to have any fun, dosen't want you to even think about having fun."

O don't know about that statement, firstly its coming form a very bias source, a drug user, i am sure there are alot of normal people who don't want people dooing drugs in there neighborhood and influencing there kids, thats why i think the drug laws are fair for the most part. People who want to do em do tem, and do them privately.

"wrong news propaganda the government puts out" as opposed to the stuff you tell them or say other druggies? I'm not saying druggies are lieing or anything just that everyone must come up with there own conclusion and not just believ a source from either side.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: hubertd8]
    #286861 - 04/06/01 12:08 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

welcome back herbertD, missed ya flaming me. first of all, if a person drinks are smokes cigs, thats concidered a drug in itself by most. almost anything anymore can be considered a drug, so a statement from "druggies" can be from just about anyone. and no herbert, I don't sit around and study every drug natural are unnatral like you seem to do. I have my preferences and will stand behind them. now if it harms me then that's on me, I don't need government are you are anybody else to tell me it's going to harm me.

just about any kind of food you consume these days will harm you in one way are the other. and just because a person want's to sit around and get high doesn't mean they should be locked up, but if of course they are selling it to kids then yeah they should be put away!

Anyway, glad to see your back herbertD, it's been kind of calm around here with you gone. (are maybe you wasn't gone but just didn't post anything)

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Invisibleotto i love ta get blotto
enthusiast
Loc: colo
    #286912 - 04/06/01 02:10 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"all those morons who have cancer and still smoke it to get rid of the pain are idiots,"

ok, lets confine YOU to a bed, hooked up to a bunch of machines, pump toxic chemicals into you to kill your cancer, chemicals that make your hair fall out, make you feel like complete SHIT, and give you nonstop naseau to the point where you cant keep anything down, and youre so weakyou cant get out of bed so you shit yourself because your body cant absorb any nutriens since you deposit them orally into your bedpan three times a day. then well see how bad you wanna smoke a joint so you can work a hot-dog through your digestive tract without vomiting like a fire hydrant, or get even five minutes into your day that arent filled with incessant mind-numbing pain, do you think youll care if that joint gives you more cancer?
fuck no you wouldnt.
"there are other drugs available that work better"
maybe so but side effects tip the scales way in the favor of pot in my book, id much rather smoke a plant that grows than put some man made shit in me that would fuck up who knows what. and you should be able to choose ANY treatment you want for yourself, if you dont like pot because "it gives you cancer" fine, but dont take the choice away from me.
once you hear your grandma moaning in pain on her deathbed youll change your mind, she had no choice to smoke weed because people think like you.

"you cant kill me ,
im already dead"-Mudvayne

--------------------
"taz is a fucking retard"-ME

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: otto i love ta get blotto]
    #287039 - 04/06/01 09:15 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

well said..the pot isn't primarily for the pain but almost entirly used to enact the munchies.

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinecL0k_w0Rk
journeyman
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #287389 - 04/06/01 07:03 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

yall want to hear some funny sh|t? Taz just claims that natural drugs cant hurt you .................. YET he just stated in a different thread that psilocybin was poisen! HAHAHAHA
here is my guess- his brain is so exausted from the bathtub crank he admits to using, OR he is twelve years old (types like it dont he)

--------------------
Who do you want to be?
What do you want to do?
Come with me and you will see
that one shot is all you really need.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: cL0k_w0Rk]
    #287505 - 04/06/01 10:11 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

What's a bath tub crank?

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineEvery1ShouldBAble2Post
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you?
    #287515 - 04/06/01 10:30 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

cocaine is as natural as hash. Lets see poison ivy, allthough not a drug, is natural. Try smoking that dumbo.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: otto i love ta get blotto]
    #287574 - 04/07/01 01:06 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"pump toxic chemicals into you to kill your cancer, chemicals that make your hair fall out, make you feel like complete SHIT, and give you nonstop naseau to the point where you cant keep anything down, and youre so weak you cant get out of bed so you shit yourself because your body cant absorb any nutriens since you deposit them orally into your bedpan three times a day. then well see how bad you wanna smoke a joint so you can work a hot-dog through your digestive tract without vomiting like a fire hydrant, or get even five minutes into your day that arent filled with incessant mind-numbing pain, do you think youll care if that joint gives you more cancer? "

i really don't feel like arguing but your argument makes no sense, "pump toxic chemicals into you to kill your cancer, chemicals that make your hair fall out" these chemicals have saved thousands of lives, if your mom or a loved one was sick wouldn't you rather have them pumped full of these chems and live or just smoke up so they " can work a hot-dog through your digestive tract ". I agree with you that everyone should have a choice, to a certain extent, but up here in canada the laws are so stupid regarding this issue. There are 3 classes of med pot use here, 1 is terminal-diseases 2. stuff such as hiv aids, cancer, spinal cord damage etc and the main one i totally disagree with; 3 As long as your doc believes that it will help you and is willing to give you a script, although it is difficult too get the pot now, it will change with licensed growers.

So i still don't believe that pot works any better then other drugs to help you. And i guess is you think it will work then it, many people have complained that med pot is just another attempt to reach legalization asnd that patients with terminal diseases are being used unfairly to achieve this.

'and you should be able to choose ANY treatment you want for yourself" not if the treatment will cause more harm to you then benifits, like what if i wanted to use crack to treat my cancer, do you think i should be able to make such a decision with ? If you don't have the knowledge to make a proper desicion then your not the one who should be making it, choosing treatments is what doc's do because they can properly weight out the benifits and side effects, you can not do this , that is unless you have a med degree, do you?

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

#287582 - 04/07/01 01:21 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Firstly taz i really have no intentions of flaming you, i'm just waiting for those pics, thats all.

"if a person drinks are smokes cigs, thats concidered a drug in itself by most. almost anything anymore can be considered a drug, so a statement from "druggies" can be from just about anyone. "
well this isn't really a alcohol/cig web site no is it?

", I don't sit around and study every drug natural are unnatral like you seem to do. I have my preferences and will stand behind them. now if it harms me then that's on me, I don't need government are you are anybody else to tell me it's going to harm me. "

So let me understand you, your against educating yourself on the drugs you do or claim to know anything about, right? I will never reuse to be corrected about an issue concerning drugs, i realize that there are those who know more, and i accept there criticism since i can only learn from it. I will however try to find out as much as possible about a drug i want to do prior to doing it, in order to make a educated evaluation of its effects. And if thats what your implying with "I don't sit around and study every drug natural are unnatral" then you are correct, except i know little concerning most drugs i haven'r tried.

"I don't need government are you are anybody else to tell me it's going to harm me. "

so what do you base your decision to try it on ?

Anyways you seem to change the subject of your post quite abit, perhaps if you read abit more, you would be able to hold up an arguement instead of claiming everyone who corrects you is flaming you.

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

OfflineUrQuattro
Paradigm Shifter

Loc: SFCAUSA
    #287598 - 04/07/01 02:12 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hubert, i have to say that i almost completely disagree wtih your assessment of the situation regarding medicinal marijuana. Researchers have not been able to find ANY link between marijuana smoking and lung cancer. There is simply no study that actually shows a link, and several that show no link.

In addition, the drug laws are MOST definitely hurting alot more people than they are helping. We are living in a time of prohibition and have the same types of crimes as were present during the time of alcohol prohibition. The fact is that countries in the world that have legalized drugs have a LOWER use rate, and a MUCH lower crime rate. The drugs are safer, cheaper, and education is more easily accessable.

Right now, almost all harm that drugs cause is due to the illegality of them. Approximately 8000 people died last year because of all illegal drugs combined in the United States. NOBODY has ever died with the cause being marijuana smoking. To give you a contrast: 100,000 people died last year because of pharmaceutical drugs. 2.3 million people had to go to the hospital because of them (less than 5000 emergency room visits around the WORLD last year because of "e"), 120,000+ people died because of alcohol, and400,000 people died because of tobacco.

Where does the damage come from now?

The fact is that marijuana has been shown to have almost ZERO negative side effects, and has MANY MANY KNOWN beneficial effects: increased appetite, decreased nausea, helps with insomnia, helps with anxiety, helps with pain (recent research has shown that in some cases, marijuana is a more powerful pain reliever than even morphine).

Crack cocaine has no medicinal value, powder cocaine does, that is why it is schedule 2. Heroin has medicinal value, but since morphine is a better pain killer, heroin is schedule 1. Marijuana has been shown by repeated studies over the past several decades to have MULTIPLE medicinal uses, and yet, the federal government continues to deny all studies that show support for this position.

The facts stand in opposition to your claims.

Legalization of drugs reduces crime. Pot does not cause cancer, and DOES have medicinal value. And compared to "pharmaceuticals", illegal drugs are statistically much more safe.

thanks.

--------------------
True wisdom is the knowledge that nothing is impossible except for absolute knowledge.

Invisibleextraterrestrial2
journeyman
    #287602 - 04/07/01 02:37 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

hurbert you are one dumb fucking moron. I hate resorting to name calling but it is the truth. I am not going to waste my time pointing out specifically which statements you have made in this thread that make me want to smash your head in with a brick, but i can say for certain that you have probably been polluting these forums with an arrogant attitude and misinformed opinions since you have been here.

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: Alone In The Fire]
    #287836 - 04/07/01 01:01 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

ok alone in the fire, I take that statement back here is a quote for you,"sterile non-chemicalized organic substrate will produce clean shrooms with no "extra" noxiousness to them except the usual psilocybian trip tinged with low but definitely feelable "toxic" effects. After all, psilocybin is regarded as "toxic" - albeit low - but still that. The side effects of psilocybin can not be escaped if more than a threshold dose is taken"

This post is also for that moron clokwork who doesn't think that psilocybin is posion. what do you think makes you trip? And yes clokwork people have overdosed on mushies before. The more you take in the higher the precentage gets. there was a guy not to long along, I forget when and where< I believe he was in europe. who took so many magic mushrooms that he died. they found a vary high consentration of psilocybin in his system. it was extremly high.

--------------------

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: extraterrestrial2]
    #287928 - 04/07/01 03:43 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I've read that is humanely impossible to eat enough mushrooms to kill yourself. I've also read that psilocybin isn't poison. It just acts as a neurotransmitter. LSD isn't toxic, and it makes you trip. I'm just curious as to where you got your information, it sounds like something I should look into a bit more.

"I saw a pregnant girl today, she didn't know that it was dead inside. Even thought it was alive, some of us are really born to die." -Marilyn Manson

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlinexylo
addict
    #287999 - 04/07/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Any chemical can kill or cause damage. Safe and toxic are not black and white terms. What matters is to what degree a drug is dangerous. Shrooms are very unlikely to cause any permanent damage by themselves at prudent doses, a bigger worry would be the exacerbation of any underlying mental health issues. They are also mild stimulants, and I would imagine someone with a serious heart condition or significantly high blood pressure would want to avoid them, or at least be extra careful.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Re: Are Shrooms bad for you? [Re: UrQuattro]
    #288042 - 04/07/01 06:34 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"Researchers have not been able to find ANY link between marijuana smoking and lung cancer" what, what about the toxins and CO your inhaling??? you really should read more about this subject.

"In addition, the drug laws are MOST definitely hurting alot more people than they are helping" I totally disagree with this statement and most who have been in rehab or had an addiction would agree. Few have the will power to stop when its time, that is why most drug laws exsist.

"The fact is that countries in the world that have legalized drugs have a LOWER use rate, and a MUCH lower crime rate." I totally agree with you here, but i really don't think America is ready for something like this.

"To give you a contrast: 100,000 people died last year because of pharmaceutical drugs. 2.3 million people had to go to the hospital because of them (less than 5000 emergency room visits around the WORLD last year because of "e"), 120,000+ people died because of alcohol, and400,000 people died because of tobacco. "

thanx i guess your just supporting some of my argument, this is what would happen if most drugs were to be legalized.

"ZERO negative side effects" your being ignorant if you actually bewlieve this.

I really don't see the point in arguing further since everyone will have there say about legalization and therfore it is pointless to argue, I guess its just a matter of opinion.

thanx, no offence intendent to anyone

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

#288060 - 04/07/01 06:56 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

wow i am actually going to agree with you on this one, i think my lethal dose is about 20.1 gr, at least according to the LD50 .

So why did you make a statement such as your previous one? well i guess if you learn in the process then it's all cool, take care.

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale