Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

amanita disapointment
    #2694298 - 05/17/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ive never heard of aminita not working in all the experiance ive read. this weekend me and a freind each ate 15 grams of grade a caps from iamshaman. nothing, no effects or side effects? i ate a little and he had a empty stomach. is this possible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2694436 - 05/18/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You prolly gonna die soon, Amanitas are not hallucinogenic.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2694498 - 05/18/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Amanita is a sorry ass shroom that has caused more harm than good...
It isnt even an active

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: OldSpice]
    #2695045 - 05/18/04 05:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Amanita's contain Muscarin(sp?)not psilocybine/psilocin.
Yes,they are a Hallucinagenic.
Yes,they are active.

If I'm wrong,would you please point me in the right direction,cause everything I have read on them state just what I have said.

I just dont understand why you two-Alounacara and Hallucinogen are saying they are not active,could you guy's explain this?

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: doc34]
    #2695051 - 05/18/04 05:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Amanitas are very active, and i can`t see all the "more harm than good" they have caused either. however they arent similar to psilocybe mushrooms in effect and many gets disapointed when eatin amanitas because they expecting something else.

Amanitas contains Muscarin as you say (and Muscimol ++).

This mushroom has been used by shamans in spiritual healing for a long time and it has its powers. but this is maybe not the best choice of mushrooms if your goal is to get toxicated only.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: shamantra]
    #2695062 - 05/18/04 05:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

No,NO not me,I was just trying to clear that up about them not being active.I know,from what I read,that I have no intentions of taking them anytime soon,or ever.

They just dont seem to pleasing as compared to cubes.But,from what I have read that they are not for the beginner at all.

Me no eat no amanita's!

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2695423 - 05/18/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by CptnGarden (10/02/08 02:21 AM)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #2695424 - 05/18/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Your experience with Amanitas is very common.
50%-60% of the people who (i know) try to trip on them for the first time, have little to no effects at all.

From my personal experiences, i believe that it must have something to do with your bodys chemical condition.and/or set & setting.(Asuming that your shrooms are potent of course)

Amanitas gathered at the end of the season are said to induce very light effects as oposed to those gathered at the beggining of the seasn close to summertime.

I think that the only safe way to trip on the king of shrooms , is to collect them yourself.

Another thing i have learned from my last 5 years of experimentation with them, is that the whole hunting experience, is a intro to their trip.

I think that people who want to experiment with it, need to have the magical introduction (which means to carry your ass on the mountains and trip withought even eating them)

Anyone who has seen this shroom in its natural environment knows what i am talking about.The beauty is so shiny and strange, that you trip just by looking at this odd existance.

Sometimes i eat alot, and i dont trip at all. Other times i eat very small doses and i travell to other galaxys. (And i always grind & mix them to ashure i have the same potency always)

From an other aspect, each and every time i have taken them, expecting something from my trip (even waiting for it) something completely different happened.

It is so unexpected, but thats the whole magic in it.It makes you leave all your expectations behind, in order to take the trip.
You need to chace the trip on this one......

It is the most powerfull drug i have ever tried when dosing high enough.
It is one of the best ego-killers out there, best time distortion ever had (time exit) and for shure the best memory destruction ever made by a psychedelic (forgot my name etc.)

The great difference i see as oposed to the Psilocybin trip, is that Psilos, SHOW you the vision thru the visual distortions and colours.sounds etc.... when the king of shrooms takes you by the hand, and MAKES you FEELyou are part of the vision.
there is a huge difference in feeling something after looking at it, and feeling something because you are it.
It connects you to anything you concetrate on. But not in a visionary way. In a complete sober and awaken way.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: Sterile]
    #2695430 - 05/18/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sterile- I have read that to prepare Amanita Muscarias they have to be activated by heat (i.e. in a frying pan or what have you), have you ever tried this method? Also, love the Leary in your signature.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2695523 - 05/18/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
your not gonna die ignore hallucinogen...

I was joking you ass clown, dont get your thongs in a bunch :rolleyes:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2696214 - 05/18/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You guys reminded me of one of my experiences with the king of shrooms, i just wrote it down on the "dream thread" check it out. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...o=&fpart=13

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (05/18/04 01:42 PM)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2696276 - 05/18/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Your McKenna sig has made me cry in the past man...

Ok from what i know Amanitas must be heated dry before you consume them in order to convert the delerious iboternic acid into the psychoactive muscimol.

I do this by hanging them next to my fire, where i camp in the forest.
But thats only because i dont have a fireplace to do it like Santa. :laugh:
We had better results when we dried them by hanging them in a kitchen with a fellow shroomerite, and by leaving the oven open overnight.
That way the original colour and shape where preserved.
Those shrooms where the most potent i have ever experienced by the way....hmmmmm...

MJShroomer told me once, that he knew some Shamans dried them just by hanging them somewhere outside.
I find this to be quite strange cos every time i tried to do something like that, either the shrooms rotted, = became hundreds of transparent white worms.

Milder effects where felt when smoked, and a sweet euphoria when made as tea as from my experiences.

I know that some people  (us) find 10x extract that is quite a blast. Anyone know about this???

These guys contain alot of water.The largest i have found was 50cm cap diameter.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

Annos Tek

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2700009 - 05/19/04 04:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard that the amanita trip is quite different and not nearly as cool as cubes for instance..... but I've just HEARD that so I dunno heh haven't tried them

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineshrooms777
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: Strumpling]
    #2700281 - 05/19/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

wont the poison make you neaseous in small dosages and quite sick if you eat plenty of those?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2700549 - 05/19/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Amanaita Muscaria dose NOT contain muscarine, it contains Muscimol and ibotenic acid.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#2702441 - 05/19/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard that one of the great dangers of amanitas are in misidentifying another VERY dangerous mushroom for amanitas, so I'd keep that in mind if you want to go shroom hunting.

OfflineAmanita_Muscaria
Red red red

Loc: Norway
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: PoC]
    #2703798 - 05/19/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PatternOfChaos said:
I?ve heard that one of the great dangers of amanitas are in misidentifying another VERY dangerous mushroom for amanitas, so I?d keep that in mind if you want to go shroom hunting.

What?s the risk of mistaking A. Muscaria for some other Amanita mushroom? I?d guess it?s < 1/100000

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: Amanita_Muscaria]
    #2705997 - 05/20/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it's really hard to mistake red muscaria with other amanitas

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineSmiley_Riley
kinda newbie
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: gdman]
    #2710153 - 05/21/04 06:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

amanita Muscaria contains: Muscarine (poison), Muscimol (slightly hallucinogenic), and ibotenic acids (im not sure but probably adds to the hallucinogenics). This mushroom IS active along with amanita Pantherina which has LSD like effects

What the??? DON'T EAT A. PANTHERINA... This is the bastard responsible for most of the deaths caused by eating Amanita mushrooms...

OfflineZiggyStardust
Hiruko

#2711237 - 05/21/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
ive never heard of aminita not working in all the experiance ive read. this weekend me and a freind each ate 15 grams of grade a caps from iamshaman. nothing, no effects or side effects? i ate a little and he had a empty stomach. is this possible

If you decide to have a go at it again try making a tea or soup of some kind. Use this recipe I found on erowid, its worked for me.

1. boil an amount of water you don't mind drinking once it tastes like shit (because it will).
2. add a few crushed up vitamin c pills or lemon juice (this adds acidity to the water all though I am not sure this is neccessary)
3. add your mushies
4. boil for 15 minutes
5. for the last three minutes of boiling add a tea bag to cover up the taste of the shrooms.
6. strain mixture; discard mushies.
7. let cool and add a large amount of sugar.
8. drink it down

--------------------
Come down, slowly. I'm waiting by your side
Come down, carefully. I'm waiting by your side

I'll grab you when you fall. Down to the waking hours
Silent sweeps as golden corn. Down to the waking hours.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains