Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesinoptiK
TranceAddict

Loc: USA
Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2399613 - 03/03/04 05:03 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

shouldn't they be fruited by now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNickster_154371
entheogen enthusiast
Male
Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2399638 - 03/03/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Could one grow Panaeolus cyanescens using just the normal PF tek method w/ brf and verm, and then casing it with verm?

Anonymous

Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: Nickster_154371]
    #2402525 - 03/04/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

depends on the strain, and they never yield much. Cambodian fruits on grains for sure, and so does the auzzie.

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: ]
    #2411885 - 03/09/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

An update. Although isolate 1 was the most vigorous, it is not fruiting that well, the pins that formed mostly aborted. Isolate 3 is just starting to pin now so I'll get back to that later, but isolate 2 is doing sort of well. Aside from the initial mistake of using clear containers (and duct taping the sides too late), the substrate shrunk a bit and light went down the sides.. so that's where most of the pinning is occuring. A lot of the caps are not reaching maturity, they turn upside down and 'wilt'. I believe I have enough air exchange.. is this a lack of air exchange, low/high humidity or what? Picture shows it best..

I'm still getting the hang of panaeolus,

--------------------
Looking for:
Ps. weilii, Ps. samuiensis, Ps. hispanica, Pan. cyanescens (any strain I don't have)

Have:
Ps. cubensis, Ps. tampanensis, Pan. cyanescens (Australian, Tai-KS, Hawaiian, Jamaican, Ban Lipa Noi)

PM for a trade.

Anonymous

Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: sci33]
    #2412008 - 03/09/04 06:55 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

It's a catch 22. You have to let things get dry for them to mature, but when it gets to dry, they start to wilt. The trick is building enough moisture up prior to letting it all evaporate from the casing.

Those look good, things have just gotten too dry. Harvest, build up good moisture again, and wait for buttons, then evaporate the moisture again.

Most of the aborts I ever experience are from spraying the buttons with water, misting after buttons form.

Malformed caps are typical of many substrains. The most uniform and consistent producer of healthy looking shrooms is the cambodian. The hawaiian, floridian, auzzie, Mr.G wild, all produced weird fruits ocassionally(fused caps, upside down caps, etc...) Aborting is usually visible as excessive bluing of the shroom first, and then failure to mature. Excessive moisture combined with too slow an evaporation rate is the downfall of copelandia maturation. You have to match the casing moisture with the airflow, and this can only be done by YOU for your specific environment.

Those fruits look healthy. Things just got too dry too fast, and you hadn't formed enough buttons prior to increasing air exchange. I actually let the humidity build up very high, and fan zero during button formation. When I see one button, i let the chamber sit stagnant for 24-48 hours until many buttons form, then I start fanning.

Each isolate will perform differently, just keep trying different ones till you find what you like.

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: ]
    #2412103 - 03/09/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Thanks for the advice, very informative. When the buttons were forming, there was a decent amount of fanning going on. What I'll do is next time I see one button form, I'll keep it humid and low air exchange for a day as you said and see what that does, then go back to my regular cycle. So pretty much I had enough air exchange but it was too dry. I will harvest some of these and see if I can get any prints from the caps, then spray the casing again and get the humidity back up to start a second flush and see how successful I'll be that time. But I'm gaining more experience with pans either way, as long as I made it this far without contamination I'm not complaining.

--------------------
Looking for:
Ps. weilii, Ps. samuiensis, Ps. hispanica, Pan. cyanescens (any strain I don't have)

Have:
Ps. cubensis, Ps. tampanensis, Pan. cyanescens (Australian, Tai-KS, Hawaiian, Jamaican, Ban Lipa Noi)

PM for a trade.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: sci33]
    #2412774 - 03/09/04 09:52 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: OldSpice]
    #2445058 - 03/17/04 09:22 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Update:  Just finished 3rd flush but it looks like it has stopped putting out (no contams yet so I'm gonna wait a few days before disposal).  I started more of this isolate in jars and it will be ready for trays by next week probably.. hopefully I will be able to get them to full maturity then and get some prints :smile: .  There was an accident and the multispore trays I was working on were lost but I'm gonna germinate once again on agar and get back on track with that.

--------------------
Looking for:

Have:

PM for a trade.

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
Re: The Experiments, vol. 2: Panaeolus cyanescens Australian [Re: sci33]
    #2531523 - 04/06/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Update: The isolate 2 finished colonizing the jars nicely, and was placed into two trays. One tray was cased normally, the other had rye grass seed mixed in. Why did I do this? It was my belief that the blades of grass once germinated may help create a mini environment to keep the humidity up for the pans. At this point it has been successful so far; the tray with the grass has started pinning already and two fruits had their caps opened up all the way - didn't get this far last time. They were cut down to attempt prints. The tray without the grass has only just started pinning and is a little behind. Don't have my camera right now but will post pics around the weekend.

--------------------
Looking for:

Have:

PM for a trade.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom