Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #2306264 - 02/05/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: ]
    #2306548 - 02/05/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I had planned to fill the jars up to about 1/4-1/2" to the top. Then after full colonization, the casing layer would fill the rest of that empty space. I hadn't thought of shaking the jars at all, being as how they would half pints. Colonization should be relatively quick since I'm inoculating with an agar wedge instead of multispore injection.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2307587 - 02/06/04 02:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

quick ?, how long does a multispore inoculation usually take to germinate with this species?
just nocked up (like 10 mins ago) 3 1/2 pints of
25% pre soaked for 24hr grain mix (pop corn, milliet, wheat)
75% moist verm/poo mix. all was mixed well and loaded into jars 2 were loaded full then a dry verm layer was added. the 3rd one was laoded 1/2 way and fit with a tyvek fillter. PC-ed @15 60mins.
not planing on much succes just want to know when would be the best time to check for germination.

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2307742 - 02/06/04 06:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: OldSpice]
    #2307744 - 02/06/04 06:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thank ya paw paw.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2308284 - 02/06/04 10:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

just use a very thin layer of casing soil.

Anonymous

#2308293 - 02/06/04 11:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I never use anything smaller then a quart jar. I have found that even with presoaking seed/grain, it is not completely uniform in moisture. certain areas of the jar will colonize better then others, so a shake at day 5 helps me.

Colonization is 5-14 days in quarts.

Germination is as little as 2 days, and as much as 2 weeks depending on the age of the spores. 3 days sounds about average for fresh spores that are hydrated.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2309254 - 02/06/04 04:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was under the impression that pan. cyanescens mycelium was more fragile than p. cubensis and therefore should not be shaken. It sounds like you have experience with this species. I'll go with a grain/poo shakeable substrate if you say that shaking does not damage the mycelium.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous

#2309671 - 02/06/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have had some problems with shaking.  But in retrospect, they may have just been contaminated. I still am nervous ever time I shake them now, so I shake them once when they show about a half dollar size area of growth.  I shake them once when they are completely colonized to be able to lay it out for casing. I have had no problems since then from shaking. 

It ain't cubensis mycelium though, you got to be gentle.  Shake it like you would shake a girls hand, not like you are jerking off. :tongue:

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
    #2311188 - 02/07/04 08:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Teonan
With your level of expertise, I certainly believe you that your Pan method works great. I'm just trying to understand it in comparison to the "usual" method of spawing colonized grain to pasterized compost or manure. Presumably that "usual" method leaves some beneficial organisms in the pasteurized compost which stop contams from taking hold, while the myc proceeds to colonize it. This, in contrast to your method where the compost or manure is completely sterilized, and allows the myc to fully colonize it, then is cased. Could you please clarify why this second method works better for Pans.... am trying to understand, to try them with the best method. Thanks

-Mike Elium

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Edited by Mike Elium (02/07/04 08:55 AM)

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Mike Elium]
    #2312814 - 02/07/04 07:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This method works best for me in my environment after experimenting with 17 DIFFERENT STRAINS of Copelandia cyanescens on each of the substrates I have heard mentioned here.

I have only tried cultivation in the STATE of FLORIDA, and I can tell you this about south florida in particular, WE DO NOT HAVE A MOLD SEASON, we have MOLD.  Unless you are equiped with a CONTROLLED ENVIRONEMNT for all stages of growth, filtered air, you will learn to identify MOLDS.

I do not HAVE that controlled environmnet.

You can sing me the virtues of beneficial microbes all you want.  Everything contaminates here.  Adding steps, which in the end do not increase the YIELD per CUP of substrate, only increases the chance for contamination to set in.

If you are one of the lucky ones who visit these boards who NEVER EVER GETS CONTAMINATION, Jah bless.

The method above will allow you to get a reasonable success rate with the least effort, in the dirtiest of environemnts.  In the least amount of time.  No other method I tried produced consistent yields, and low contamination rates.

Now if I had a commercial grow op, I AM CERTAIN THAT VERY DEEP LARGE BULK CASINGS WOULD BE IN ORDER. And my contamination rate would be even lower, and my yields substantially higher :rolleyes:

Adding steps increases contamination.
Pasteurized compost does contaminate.  Any single species of mushroom can only digest a fraction of the usable nutrition in any substrate, any contaminant present or introduced will use it's usable portion to take hold. Unless the mushroom colonizing the majority of the substrate secrets some inhibitory chemicals that prevent any other organism from growing.  The most resistant one I saw was P. semperviva.  It to eventually succombed to contamination.

Proper Sterilization Excludes contaminants, but does not stop introduction after sterilization.

Most of the failure I have seen on this board was contaminated spawn. So suggesting adding yet another vegetative stage, via bulk spawning, seemed counter productive.

The larger the portion of non-manure ingredients in a substrate mix, the more risk of contamination with Copelandia, IME.  With the exception of relatively inert substances like vermiculite and perlite.

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: ] * 1
    #2315040 - 02/08/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Teonan,

Thanks for the very thorough clarification, makes total sense to me.

Sorry to hear about your climatic contam problem, but at the same time, your climate does produce some nice mushrooms in the wild.

Actually, I always wondered why uncolonized pasteurized compost didn't represent a high risk of contams in general cultivation, not just with Pans.

I've read a few posts commenting that Pans smell a bit rotty. Is that also your experience, and if so, how do you avoid misinterpreting this smell as a possible case of contamination?

Thanks again,

Mike Elium

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Mike Elium]
    #2317286 - 02/09/04 10:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It does contaminate regardless of the species being grown. Once you pasteurize it, anything that gets a foothold will eat it.

If you can filter all the air that comes in contact with it, then you don't have problems. (Commercial Grow OPS for edible/medicinal mushrooms)

To me they smell fishy, Copelandias. It is a very distinct smell. It doesn't smell like bacterial contamination(sweet, apples). Molds can be identified by there different appearance. In a jar that has mostly copelandia mycelium, it will be easy to spot anything else present.

Depending on the strain, the appearance of the Copelandia mycelium is different. Some are very wispy, some are matted.

The thing I have noticed most about contamination with Pans, is it occurs first on the non-manure portion of the substrate/casing.

I assure youi the method above works best for those without HEPA filters. If you have lots of experience with bulk, and have a very low contamination rate, then go for it. Copelandia really isn't that much different then cubensis. It does succomb to contamination easier, that's all.

Outdoors is great down here climate wise, but with the beneficial climate comes MAJOR insect and competitor organisms. We really just have a continuous grow season here. There is always something for a PEST to overwinter on. You can't plant a pepper plant here without losing it to insects or disease, WITHOUT THE USE OF PESTICIDES. Organic farming here is extremely difficult. It's done, but they have to constantly spray there plants with Biological/organic pesticides.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #2347492 - 02/17/04 08:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2347656 - 02/17/04 09:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Go paw paw! get you some! What was your poo/verm/perlite ratio?

SM

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: simplemachine]
    #2347974 - 02/17/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Anonymous

#2348046 - 02/17/04 10:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

your gonna send me a print right  :wink:
I will trade ya something

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Anonymous]
    #2952207 - 08/01/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Are you PAUL STAMETS? You are arn't you? Yeah this sounds just like you. HI PAUL

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #2952253 - 08/01/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

lol...

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2952262 - 08/01/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How the else can someone be UNREGESTERED AND ANONYMOUS? Besides I was once fortunet enough to hear him speak in seattle once and that sounds like his mannerizums.    :smile:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck