Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: eve69]
    #4026644 - 04/07/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

No offence MJ because you fucking rock!

--------------------
...or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4027695 - 04/07/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is also posted at:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

in a ione page format with clarity.

mj

InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4038074 - 04/10/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok Mj, I've got a question for you. You say that it is best to drink the resulting "tea" while still warm, but what is the benefit of this? Is it truly necessary?

The predicament I am in dictates that I make the "tea" as soon as possible, but hold off on ingesting it till a later date (about a week). Will it matter if I make it and stick the stuff in a fridge?

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Anubis]
    #4038854 - 04/10/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have been fo doing it that s way since the 1970s. I spend 3-5 hours or so in prepaprration and then i am ready to journey. I have never saved it int he ice box for later use.

Since fresh shrooms can last 5-7 days int he vegetabole door side of the fridge I suppose you could cook it and save it for later. I have never done so. Except fot he use of the blennder, I try to do it as the Indgenous peoples use it. which is tor prepare all day long and then do it when it is ready.

have a shroomy day

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
    #4043340 - 04/11/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

did this tek, ended up with a snotty goop. yeah, i was like, what the fuck am i supposed to do with this shit. well, threw it in a dehydrator till it was completely dry, grounded it up in a mortar and pestle till i got ~10g of crystals. well, i tried pillforming it, but i ended up with a shitload of pills, so i through a little back in some water to see how quickly it would turn back to snot. it retained about 80% of its crystal form, meaning i could easily throw all the stuff in a small milkshake and down it before it turned back into snot.

i seriously dont know how any could eat that snot, but there is the alternative to consuming perhaps one of the most discusting things in the world.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Abermelin]
    #4047880 - 04/12/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well one can clearly see that you have never cheewed buttons of peyote.

A swallow of San Pedro is very easy to do. If you want to see gross tasting drinks then watch the Fear Factor when contestants drink milkshakes of grubworms and their feces. Cow urine and bilge for money. NExt to those, the San Pedro Potion is very drinkable.

San pedro is cooked a into a tea by those who take it serously and for reasons other than getting high (The indegenous peoples of Peru and Ecuador).

The taste is part of the experience and it is not hard to swallow a gulp and not touch your tongue to the top bridge of your mouth. Thus no taste buds are affected, but chewing 4-6 buttons of peyyote, although smaller, would make you retch and puke and that would be a bitch. It is eay to boil a dose to down to 8 ounces of liquid.

If you followed the instructions in the pictorial and had strained it with a cloth he way I showed in the pictorial then you would have nothing but the liquid. And I showed the container a with about ten ounces of liquid. 2 ounces less than a coka cola.

And ten grams of crystals?

A one gram (1,000 milligrams) of mescaline sulfate is 2-5 doses. A half a gram of mescaline sulfate (500 milligrams) is a clinical dosage. That is one half gram of crystals.
There is no way you would have ten grams of crystals of from a one dose cacti of San Pedro. Because only three to five hundred milligrams are in a one to one and a half pound foot-long section of the cactus.

Anyway, you need to learn to read the whole pictorial and then you would not have had any glob of goo.

After you strain the cacti in the cloth, you throw the ball of pulp into the garbage. The only thing remaining in the blender at that time is the liquid. Not snotty goop.

mj

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
    #4455414 - 07/26/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hi there mj,

First of all my thanks to you for producing such a thorough pictorial and all your efforts in this post, to help guide people!

Yesterday I tried to follow your guide, using approximately 490 grams of San Pedro, fresh. One part was a cutting from a larger cactus, another was from a smaller one, which used all of it except for the root, which we will try to grow back!

Your guide suggests using 1-1&1/2 pounds, which is 453.59 grams. So from the outset, we used only about enough for one person (since this potion was split between two). The reason we used so little, was because of other web pages which suggested that 490 grams would produce around twice the threshold dose ...

I suggest that this is the main reason why we didn't really trip, although we had a beautiful, unforgettable experience and really enjoyed it. About 3 hours after ingesting the potion over 30 mins as you advise, we felt tingles, warmth and later waves of euphoria, giggles and some visuals with our eyes closed, and few visuals with them open. This is not bad going considering we might have done a half recommended dose each. We may also have had a weak cactus or two. One cactus was from the UK, another from the US.

Your guide is, as I said, great, however the part we really got wrong I think, was following the bit where you suggest:

"pour the mixture into a large cooking pot of at least 3-5 quarts of water."

By this, we mistook you for meaning "pour the mixture into the 8 quart pot, filled with 3-5 quarts of water. Of course a quart is almost a litre, and we used a pot of roughly 8 quarts, and another one slightly smaller, and did two boil downs of roughly equal liquid and cactus quantities (although one started with more cactus and liquid in proportion, and we levelled them up later, not knowing how much it would want to boil over).

This took almost 8 hours to boil down, as we kept the water on a very gentle simmer (we didn't want to go over the mescaline boiling point of 180 degrees centigrade). I notice you boil a bit harder than this, do you know whether this makes a difference?

We also added the juice of 2 lemons according to other reports this helps extract to soluble form.

Could I confirm that you recommend using 1 cup of water for every cup of cactus solid, and that this is the only water you start boiling with (optionally adding more if you want to boil it down for longer)?

This part is a little confusing for me:

"After blending each cup of cactus and blending you will pour it one cup at a time into the blender., blend and then pour the mixture into a large cooking pot of at least 3-5 quarts of water."

Can you clarify whether you mean this:

After blending each cup of cactus and corresponding cup of water into the blender, and once the whole cactus is in the blender, pour this mixture into a cooking pot which is able to contain at least 3 quarts of water.

Can you also clarify whether in this part:

"(4): Cook on a slow low heat until the mixture is even. Once you have blended this mixture into a pot to boil, the cactus pulp is separated from the water and sits on top of the mixture (fig. 14). "

You mean:

Cook on a slow low heat until the mixture is evenly separated, with the water below, and the cactus pulp sitting on top of the water.

If so, I think that after giving it a trial run, we are ready to buy more cactus and try this out properly.

I hope you will not be in any way upset at my questions, I thoroughly enjoyed following your instructions and simply want to ensure that I am following your steps correctly :smile:

Thanks again for taking the time to post this guide, and helping us to sample one of the wonders of nature!

Best wishes

RB  :cool:

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#4517766 - 08/10/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
It is impossible to eat the whole cati. It taste horrible when fresh the same as Peyote to most people.
mj

Ah, I did it a couple of times. There's a trick to eating fresh cacti. You spine it, skin it, core it, and then slice it into thin strips and let them mostly dry out but not entirely. They lose about 70 percent of their volumn. Then you cram them into your pie hole and chew furiously while gagging, swallowing it with cherry juice or coke.

It's pretty rough. Definitely one for Fear Factor.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#4517800 - 08/10/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

From Erowid

*crudites st. pierre*
slice raw, peeled cactus into sticks. eat like "bitter cucumber spears". add salt, lime-juice and chopped cilantro to taste. this is, so far, my method of choice, partly because it is so minimalist.

*ensalada de nopalitos*

to each 4 oz of peeled, chopped raw cactus add 2 Tbs good-quality cider vinegar, and let stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour. add chopped parsely to taste. this is the second-best tasting recipe.

*nopales asados*

fry raw, peeled cactus strips in extra-virgin olive oil over medium- high heat, until the sharp edges brown, and small golden-brown blisters rise up on the faces. this ties for second best-tasting. the white tissue, in particular, has an underlying quality of sweetness that is brought out by frying, and the contrast of the crispness with the now-gelatinous interior is rather nice. serve lightly salted.

Hahahhaha.... God luck....

--------------------
...or something

OfflineNightProwler
Male

#4535902 - 08/14/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how much raw, undried san pedro cactus would i have to force down my throat in order to have a nice trip?

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: NightProwler]
    #4537686 - 08/15/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I prepared two doses, from growing potted cactus to tea, in 2 hours, 30 minutes flat. And ended up having a religious experience, truly a medicine. This tek is wonderful, thanks again MJ.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: NightProwler]
    #4538190 - 08/15/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NightProwler said:
how much raw, undried san pedro cactus would i have to force down my throat in order to have a nice trip?

Oh God, don't even bother.

Giving head to a whole gang of bikers would be easier.

But about a pound if you just take the skinned green part and as you said, it's raw. Yeah, a pound of green part if it's raw.

But if you're going to do this then dry it out for a few hours even and it loses a lot of the water weight.

I'm not suggesting the Biker comparison. Hehe.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
    #4808386 - 10/15/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

lmao!

did another one and it was mind blowing .. 2 feet of cacti about 2.5 inches wide ... boiled for about 4-5 hours using mj's method, then drank about a pint of goop between 3 - foul as fuck but carpets swirled, music sounded absolutely bonkers and I found the most insane patterns in another carpet ... it had hieroglyphics and weird monk statues poking out of it!

burnout 3 on ps2 was spellbinding, especially with the mad crash time effect. Weird sounds man.

I made a captain's log, here's what went through my brain:

Here are the thoughts I had, I hope you enjoy reading.

First of all, listening to the sounds of the Ambient Amazon, we felt compelled to speak to Tony Byrne, who was deep in the Amazon. After 12 times, someone in the group knew all about "the zone".

On Burnout 3: "It's like having your own bizarre chaotic synthesizer controlled by a virtual car.

Hap a striky balance.

Tidy Presents the SOUND OF EXTREME SHUNTING.

Luke vs Obi Wan - Lightsabre Duel (synth guitars), Yoda on Banjo, Chewbacca on Drums. Luke "Eh I'm trying to get some sleep around here like". Copyright cactus man 2005.

Sounds like we're in a huge dwarf hall, listen to a small tape recorder.

If I can see all the way round a donut, I must be able to see infinity.

Dark blobs of Lizard Skin - $20, selling on ebay.

Stephen Hawking reminds me of a dutch robot.

The cod is like 3D against the pumpkins.

Cod, fish fingers, peas, chips, gravy, garlic bread, ciabatta bread, water.

Selecting from the menu, sending your minions into battle.

The notebook used by waiters should now be called, "guest pallette".

Put that up your pope and smite it.

Mothpit something moshpit moth.

Moth extra - 25p.

Spent 30 minutes talking to a moth.

Carpet has many patterns - there really IS a pattern.

Deep valleys.

Warspite.

Tea, Pipes, Yoghurt and Mescaline.

Brain in a jar, soaked with cocaine (anon). In the future.

Surfing on a rod of molten mars bars.

That's some serious LIVE bio-shit boy.

I had to sit in a darkened room at the start, sick feeling but felt amazing, I had to dance! Extreme Euphoria somehow so hectic, but made us keep going.

Manhunt so violent and grotesque, but the on screen scanlines were the hardest thing to stomach, not the glass shard death scenes.

The carpet - the rug swirled so much, and the salvador dahli - the baby and the breathing wall. The walls breathed, it was like a magic eye picture.

Deep up my ass.

Euphoria.

OfflineTrunkspace
Televangelist

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: neutroncore]
    #4809523 - 10/15/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I just had my first pedro experience using this method. The taste was one of the most bitter things I've ever experienced, but the experience was phenomenal.

--------------------

OfflineVagisil
Stranger
Male

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Trunkspace]
    #8794062 - 08/19/08 03:35 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i wish there was still pictures up. i am new to san pedro and am considering making a brew. if you cut a 2 feet piece from a cactus plant. do you use one side or the whole thing? and would that be a dose for 1 person?

--------------------
I am the needle in your vein
I am the high you can't sustain
I am the pusher I'm a whore
I am the need you have for more

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Vagisil]
    #8794411 - 08/19/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Try Erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

This also has more pics.

http://www.zen-articles.com/Trichocereus_Cacti

When you say one side, do you mean one half of your two foot cutting?

I think it really depends on the cactus and your cooking method - and a foot cutting can be several inches in diameter, or less - weight is probably a better measuring method. However, a piece a foot long, 4 inches wide should be plenty - given correct cooking and a quality cactus.

Quote:

Vagisil said:
i wish there was still pictures up. i am new to san pedro and am considering making a brew. if you cut a 2 feet piece from a cactus plant. do you use one side or the whole thing? and would that be a dose for 1 person?

Offlinedlynn
Stranger

#22597402 - 12/01/15 12:41 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :laugh:

Invisiblelowgear
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Somewhere between my Mind...
    #23645876 - 09/14/16 09:28 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

As I understand it- the lemon or lime juice is a safer method than using stronger more dangerous types of acid. I've read that citric acid or sour salt can be used as well. I think for alot of people it's best to stick to foodgrade ingredients as much as possible.

Invisiblepenker
Stranger

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: lowgear]
    #23646200 - 09/14/16 11:46 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I thought necroing is discouraged....

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: penker]
    #23646494 - 09/15/16 03:31 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if John is going to come rampaging in on the wings of lawyers to get this thread shut down. What a clown this guy is, I'm so glad he's gone.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale