Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTipote
petty crook and transvestite
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK/France/US
Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: qman] * 1
    #22592193 - 11/29/15 08:12 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Which tweet of his do you believe has the least amount of commonsense?

Germany got caught off guard and it basically turned into a shit fest, to say they did anything different is very disingenuous. The German public is not happy with it at all.

Please tell us more about this "shitfest".  :popcorn:

I believe it's you that's being disingenuous by referring to German neo Nazis as the "German public".

If your trying to convince me that 800,000 "refugees" flooding into Germany has public support don't waste your time, basic commonsense tells us that isn't the case.

back your shit up. It does have public support. There are always people that don't agree but that is the ridiculed neo-nazi movement in germany.
Merkel has had criticism because it is a big feat logistically but she has done a fantastic job.

--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: qman] * 1
    #22592268 - 11/29/15 08:29 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
If your trying to convince me that 800,000 "refugees" flooding into Germany has public support don't waste your time, basic commonsense tells us that isn't the case.

It may be commonsense to a bigot, but not to the public at large.  Here is a survey of German opinion:

How Germans feel about the surge of refugees

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: Tipote]
    #22592313 - 11/29/15 08:40 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/angela-merkel/11919548/Angela-Merkel-attacks-east-European-leaders-for-ignoring-their-past-over-refugees.html

"but opposition to Merkel's refugee policy is growing in Germany, and her personal approval ratings have fallen to their lowest levels in four years"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/world/europe/merkel-while-refusing-to-halt-migrant-influx-works-to-limit-it.html?_r=0

"Merkel has found herself increasingly isolated in Europe and markedly less popular at home"

"Merkel has also shifted on the refugee issue...she is changing the very liberal and non-conditional stance that she took"

It's not the fairy tale you all think it is, tensions are high for everyone.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22592324 - 11/29/15 08:44 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

qman said:

It may be commonsense to a bigot, but not to the public at large.  Here is a survey of German opinion:

Just a very small sample survey with an agenda.

Let me ask you, since when are people highly charitable to foreigners invading their country?  What's in it for them other than that warm fuzzy feeling for a few moments.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22592374 - 11/29/15 09:00 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

qman said:

Trying to maintain the sovereignty of one's homeland makes them a bigot?  These people aren't bigots or Nazi's, they are the general public.

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: qman]
    #22593876 - 11/30/15 09:20 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/angela-merkel/11919548/Angela-Merkel-attacks-east-European-leaders-for-ignoring-their-past-over-refugees.html

"but opposition to Merkel's refugee policy is growing in Germany, and her personal approval ratings have fallen to their lowest levels in four years"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/world/europe/merkel-while-refusing-to-halt-migrant-influx-works-to-limit-it.html?_r=0

lol lowest in 4 years? she has one of the highest approval ratings in the western world. as has been said already, she has had citicism - even from her own party. But on the whole she has support and it is right for germany, right for humanity. Germany will be the beacon of freedom to people, America will be the beacon of ass.
her drop in approval ratings still puts her above most Western leaders..

I wonder whether you actually read the articles you post or just take the one sentence that you can quote but that doesnt really mean much.

Quote:

"Merkel has found herself increasingly isolated in Europe and markedly less popular at home"

"Merkel has also shifted on the refugee issue...she is changing the very liberal and non-conditional stance that she took"

no one is saying its a fairy tale. it has already been said that she faces criticism, its a very difficult thing to do to absorb millions of people but she is managing very well. of course tensions are high, that is why people need to keep strong to what is right. just because tensions are high does not justify the hate stirring against refugees who have largely been welcomed to Germany with open arms. As your article said itself - she could teach Europe and the World a thing or two, her own history in a divided Germany gives credibility. At least she learns from history.

Quote:

again.. im not sure if you read all your articles that you post...

Quote:

Even after the Paris attacks, older Germans in particular fear a shift to the right in their country more than Islamist terrorism, from which they have so far been spared a large attack.

“My great fear is that there is a big lurch rightwards,” said Dietrich Roth, 63, a retired official from Aachen who was in Berlin to attend a seminar. Another attendee, Dieter Wittig, 74, of Cologne, noted — as many Germans currently do — that the country “is split into two camps.” One camp, susceptible to rightist scaremongers, already fears “that the influx is not stopping, and that millions more are just sitting on packed suitcases,” he said.

A greater influx would most likely strengthen nationalist and populist tendencies in countries like Poland and France, Germany’s most important neighbors.

From German history and because Germans are generally educated people, they know that it is easy to fall into this knee-jerk reaction and shift to the right. But that it is not the morally right or the smart thing to do. Despite, this - there are still neonazis in germany.

do you even know anything about Pediga??

at a pediga protest against refugees....

Quote:

Addressing the crowd shouting "Resistance!", he claimed that "there were other alternatives – but the concentration camps are unfortunately out of order at the moment."[41] The crowd applauded and laughed, and let him continue his speech for another 20 minutes before calling upon him to finish.[42]

Quote:

Pegida's specific demands were initially unclear, largely because Pegida has refused a dialogue, considering the press to be a politically correct conspiracy.[46] Demonstrators have been observed chanting "Lügenpresse" (liar's press) a term that dates back to World War I and was used in Nazi propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegida#Resuming_protests_and_radicalization

--------------------

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: Tipote]
    #22593900 - 11/30/15 09:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i think this video is quite interesting...

its relevant to what we are talking about.

you might say - look! they have israeli flags - they aren't nazis. Well the Israel government act like nazis and i'm sure its just a support for those killing Muslims. Israel is profiting from this PR move, exploiting Paris, trying to brand itself as a consultant on this problem and how to deal with it...... yeh that doesn't bode too well.

also another point from the article is that Turkey is purposely sending people into Europe. It is a bargaining chip because they want to put for EU membership. Almost all of Europe hate Erdogan and his government but this is how he wants to play politics.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#22594198 - 11/30/15 11:09 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:

you might say - look! they have israeli flags - they aren't nazis. Well the Israel government act like nazis and i'm sure its just a support for those killing Muslims. Israel is profiting from this PR move, exploiting Paris, trying to brand itself as a consultant on this problem and how to deal with it...... yeh that doesn't bode too well.

also another point from the article is that Turkey is purposely sending people into Europe. It is a bargaining chip because they want to put for EU membership. Almost all of Europe hate Erdogan and his government but this is how he wants to play politics.

That was a decent video which shows the present challenges of getting flooded with these people, but what about 5 years from now, what are they going to be doing in Germany?  This is a problem with no solution, at least if they were from Eastern Europe we would see them assimilate, that's not going to happen in this scenario.

You can continue to say how wonderful it is that Germany allowed this nonsense to happen, but it doesn't have a happy ending. The German public is not happy with this policy and that in itself will have very serious ramifications, do you want to see a bloodbath down the road?

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Texas
Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: qman] * 2
    #22594473 - 11/30/15 12:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

what sort of bloodbath do imagine will happen when they start detaining and deporting refugees around instead of settling them?

I find your outlook on immigrants or refugees wholly nationalistic.

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22594489 - 11/30/15 12:25 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:

No one claimed there is no opposition in Germany.  Every country is filled with bigotry.  I posted a survey that shows how Germans feel about the refugees.

Quote:

qman said:

You think trying to gauge how Germans really feel is "an agenda"?  :wtf:

Quote:

qman said:
Let me ask you, since when are people highly charitable to foreigners invading their country?  What's in it for them other than that warm fuzzy feeling for a few moments.

That's like asking why anyone should have tried to save the Jews from the holocaust.  :shake:

Quote:

qman said:
Trying to maintain the sovereignty of one's homeland makes them a bigot?  These people aren't bigots or Nazi's, they are the general public.

They are the bigots in the general public, who are against freedom of religion.  Being anti-Muslim is far different from being anti-Sharia Law.  Most Muslims practice their faith just fine in the US and Europe.

Quote:

qman said:
The German public is not happy with this policy and that in itself will have very serious ramifications, do you want to see a bloodbath down the road?

Be careful saying "The German Public" when you really mean "The German Bigots".  Again, I've posted how Germans feel, and the majority are ok with immigration, provided they don't try to take away the existing German culture (which very few refugees want to do).

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: qman]
    #22594526 - 11/30/15 12:34 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Tipote said:

That was a decent video which shows the present challenges of getting flooded with these people, but what about 5 years from now, what are they going to be doing in Germany?  This is a problem with no solution, at least if they were from Eastern Europe we would see them assimilate, that's not going to happen in this scenario.

yes, everyone is in agreement is it a challenge! But its the right thing to do, just because its difficult doesnt mean it should be done. Germany said openly for them to come. Germany has a shrinking population and without immigration, would not have enough workers to support the social security system.

Quote:

The massive influx of foreigners creates immense challenges for society. Many local authorities are overwhelmed, and refugee hostels, temporary housing and tent cities are overcrowded. The social welfare system and government budgets are faced with billions in additional costs.

A Silver Lining for Germany?

But the influx also provides opportunities for the German economy. Despite the official unemployment figure of almost 2.8 million, the business community urgently needs workers. And every refugee or migrant who finds work becomes less of a drain on the public coffers. The German economy is dependent on immigration, both from Europe as well as people entering the country due to asylum rights in Germany. With the German population shrinking, businesses are unable to fill many jobs, and specialized workers are increasingly rare. This trend will only be exacerbated in the coming years. It's a development that jeopardizes the country's future prosperity.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/refugees-are-an-opportunity-for-the-german-economy-a-1050102.html

Quote:

qman said:
You can continue to say how wonderful it is that Germany allowed this nonsense to happen, but it doesn't have a happy ending. The German public is not happy with this policy and that in itself will have very serious ramifications, do you want to see a bloodbath down the road?

What do you mean? Why doesnt it have a happy ending? We've already discussed German opinion on this policy, yes it is divided but it is the majority that support this and it is needed with a shrinking and aging population. Do i want to see a blood bath? No... i think thats a little extreme. Violence would only come from fascists, are you saying we should accommodate this thinking?

--------------------

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

#22594538 - 11/30/15 12:37 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

ah looks like airclay and falcon got there before me!

i think qman doesnt like it whatever we say. its all a liberal agenda! maybe, just maybe, qman you are in that minority who just can't handle it.

Why is that?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#22594814 - 11/30/15 01:54 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Tipote said:

yes, everyone is in agreement is it a challenge! But its the right thing to do, just because its difficult doesnt mean it should be done. Germany said openly for them to come. Germany has a shrinking population and without immigration, would not have enough workers to support the social security system.

Quote:

The massive influx of foreigners creates immense challenges for society. Many local authorities are overwhelmed, and refugee hostels, temporary housing and tent cities are overcrowded. The social welfare system and government budgets are faced with billions in additional costs.

A Silver Lining for Germany?

But the influx also provides opportunities for the German economy. Despite the official unemployment figure of almost 2.8 million, the business community urgently needs workers. And every refugee or migrant who finds work becomes less of a drain on the public coffers. The German economy is dependent on immigration, both from Europe as well as people entering the country due to asylum rights in Germany. With the German population shrinking, businesses are unable to fill many jobs, and specialized workers are increasingly rare. This trend will only be exacerbated in the coming years. It's a development that jeopardizes the country's future prosperity.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/refugees-are-an-opportunity-for-the-german-economy-a-1050102.html

Quote:

qman said:

What do you mean? Why doesnt it have a happy ending? We've already discussed German opinion on this policy, yes it is divided but it is the majority that support this and it is needed with a shrinking and aging population. Do i want to see a blood bath? No... i think thats a little extreme. Violence would only come from fascists, are you saying we should accommodate this thinking?

"and without immigration, would not have enough workers to support the social security system"

:huxleyfacepalm:  Wow, you bought into that nonsense as well, PLEASE explain to the board why Germany would ever need a bunch of refugees from a foreign land with no skills, education, or language to support the Germany economy in the years ahead? :rofl2:  Is this some type of joke of something?

The EU has a massive surplus of workers relative to jobs and the trend is just getting worse with greater globalization and productivity gains, they don't need more unskilled workers, they need LESS.

Do you know why Germany has one of the best economies in the world?  Because of German people!!!  If we follow your delusion line of reasoning, why doesn't Japan import a couple million people from Africa to "stimulate" its economy? Because it wouldn't work, it would only cause more harm than good.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: airclay]
    #22594822 - 11/30/15 01:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

airclay said:
what sort of bloodbath do imagine will happen when they start detaining and deporting refugees around instead of settling them?

The German people are entitled to be nationalistic, they have earned it.  I say deport them now before something bad happens in the future.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#22594834 - 11/30/15 01:58 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

qman said:

No one claimed there is no opposition in Germany.  Every country is filled with bigotry.  I posted a survey that shows how Germans feel about the refugees.

Quote:

qman said:

You think trying to gauge how Germans really feel is "an agenda"?  :wtf:

Quote:

qman said:

That's like asking why anyone should have tried to save the Jews from the holocaust.  :shake:

Quote:

qman said:

They are the bigots in the general public, who are against freedom of religion.  Being anti-Muslim is far different from being anti-Sharia Law.  Most Muslims practice their faith just fine in the US and Europe.

Quote:

qman said:
The German public is not happy with this policy and that in itself will have very serious ramifications, do you want to see a bloodbath down the road?

Be careful saying "The German Public" when you really mean "The German Bigots".  Again, I've posted how Germans feel, and the majority are ok with immigration, provided they don't try to take away the existing German culture (which very few refugees want to do).

You posted a survey with a 1000 people, there are political rallies with 10,000 people protesting this policy, even the liberal political parties in Germany are waking up to this nonsense, Over 200 mayors said things are getting out of control in their towns and cities, this isn't about bigots.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#22594842 - 11/30/15 02:00 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:

i think qman doesnt like it whatever we say. its all a liberal agenda! maybe, just maybe, qman you are in that minority who just can't handle it.

Why is that?

I believe your point of view is the minority in Germany, the German people didn't ask for this, the people in power pushed for this unpopular policy and they may pay for it down the road.

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22594929 - 11/30/15 02:21 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

airclay said:

The German people are entitled to be nationalistic, they have earned it.  I say deport them now before something bad happens in the future.

I meant that in a negative manner.

Exclusionary nationalism would have been a more apt description as presented here: http://www.socialeurope.eu/2015/03/nationalism/

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22594946 - 11/30/15 02:26 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Tipote said:

Why is that?

I believe your point of view is the minority in Germany, the German people didn't ask for this, the people in power pushed for this unpopular policy and they may pay for it down the road.

I haven't touched this idea cause you're both right. Sides are very polarized and it just depends on who you're talking to or getting news from. I hate dealing with "popular opinion" like this for this reason mainly.

But qman is a necessary force here, someone further right that usually presents himself in a respectable manner and just might make you think thru your own opinions.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22595014 - 11/30/15 02:44 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
"and without immigration, would not have enough workers to support the social security system"

:huxleyfacepalm:  Wow, you bought into that nonsense as well, PLEASE explain to the board why Germany would ever need a bunch of refugees from a foreign land with no skills, education, or language to support the Germany economy in the years ahead? :rofl2:  Is this some type of joke of something?

What makes you believe these refugees have no skills, education, or language other than your own bigotry?  Syria was a relatively modern middle eastern country before the civil war.

Wealthy, Educated Syrians Risking Lives To Leave War
Quote:

Syrians are different from other refugees in that they are far more likely to come from professional backgrounds than refugees originating in African countries like Eritrea, for instance, according to migration experts.

Quote:

qman said:
Do you know why Germany has one of the best economies in the world?  Because of German people!!!

HEIL HITLER!  :hitler:

Actually, Germany has always had a very open immigration policy, and nearly 1 in 8 people in Germany are immigrants

Quote:

qman said:

:dancinghitler:

Quote:

qman said:
You posted a survey with a 1000 people.

I guess you're not very familiar with statistics.  You don't need to survey the entire population to estimate how that population feels about something.  1000 people will give you very statistically accurate results.

Quote:

qman said:

See survery.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Under International and US Law, many Syrian Refugees DO Not Qualify for Asylum in the US [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #22595055 - 11/30/15 02:53 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

qman said:

What makes you believe these refugees have no skills, education, or language other than your own bigotry?  Syria was a relatively modern middle eastern country before the civil war.

Wealthy, Educated Syrians Risking Lives To Leave War
Quote:

Syrians are different from other refugees in that they are far more likely to come from professional backgrounds than refugees originating in African countries like Eritrea, for instance, according to migration experts.

Quote:

qman said:
Do you know why Germany has one of the best economies in the world?  Because of German people!!!

HEIL HITLER!  :hitler:

Actually, Germany has always had a very open immigration policy, and nearly 1 in 8 people in Germany are immigrants

Quote:

qman said:

:dancinghitler:

Quote:

qman said:
You posted a survey with a 1000 people.

I guess you're not very familiar with statistics.  You don't need to survey the entire population to estimate how that population feels about something.  1000 people will give you very statistically accurate results.

Quote:

qman said:

See survery.

We already know a very large percentage of "refugees" are NOT Syrian, so that doesn't hold up your argument. 

I also very aware of how statistical surveys work if there's integrity behind them, either way I wouldn't put all of your stock behind them.  What if someone took the survey in city that has been invaded by these refugees?  Different results.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale