Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJRE
 User Gallery
First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek * 1
    #22570530 - 11/24/15 09:18 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Alright so im finally starting my first grow after about two or more months of research. Im using the brf pf tek method from this (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11585613#11585613) article mainly, also from other stuff i read.

I inoculated 5 half pint jars today, REGULAR MOUTH, as i couldnt find wide mouth. I made self healing filter tek lids for them and used a gove box for inoculation. I tried to make the process as sterile as i can by using rubbing alcohol on everything and flame sterilizing the needle before injecting into the 4 ports of each jar.

I put them in a plastic container that is sitting on those fuzzy things you put under furniture to give it some space, with a heating pad under it. Sitting around 75 degrees.

During the inoculation process it was kinda hard for me to see but i still did it fairly quickly and clean. I used a whole 10ml spore syringe for 5 jars, so thats about 2ml per jar. I used 2ml because im a noob so maybe it will colonize a little faster giving me an advantage.

After they colonize i read that im suppose to "consolidate" them but im not sure what that means or how to do so. Can someone help me out?

I will post pictures soon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBuddyGreenMan
Mushroom Explorer
Male

Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: JRE]
    #22570583 - 11/24/15 09:29 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Consolidation is just letting them incubate for another 7 days then put them in the fc or dunk n roll or what have you... good luck...im looking forward to seeing your pics.

--------------------
Any pictures used by me, were taken in places such as: Canada, Italy, Brazil, Bahrain and Japan.

:smile: Disclaimer: always seek a professional/Liscensed Identifier, If unsure at all, about the identity of any species of Mushroom.r

OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: BuddyGreenMan]
    #22570623 - 11/24/15 09:36 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

There is no need for the heating pad, use a radiator to heat the room instead.

And you only need about 1/4cc per hole. Anymore, and you risk water-logging your brf substrate which will slow down colonization.

Consolidation means leaving your jars to sit for another week after 100% colonization is reached. It'll help the mycelium reach the inner part of the brf mix. :goodluck:

OfflineMrSturgill
I'm a damn genuis! Just ask me
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: Psilosoulful]
    #22570711 - 11/24/15 10:00 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Damn 10cc on 5 jars... I can get 12 jars out of one syringe pretty easy, you should be alright though. Good luck, hope to see some pics soon!
Yeah deff get rid of that heating pad, not good for business there, I think we've all been there and tried that, if you don't believe us you'll find out soon enough, a heating pad is not good at regulating temperature. Really as long as your room is between 65-80f you'll be fine.
When you consolidate you want them to sit in the jars for AT LEAST 7 days after full colonization, I personally like to wait about 2 weeks or until I see an in vitro pin (whichever comes first), This reduces the amount of time they're just sitting in the fc, this way I normally get pins within just a few days after my dunk and roll. Make sure you build a proper SGFC!

--------------------
All You Need
and
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Shroomery

Read, read, read some more, don't consider anything has been read until everything has been read, then go back and read it again.

OfflineJRE
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: MrSturgill]
    #22570767 - 11/24/15 10:17 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yea i know im def dumb for using a whole 10cc but it was my first time and i got all nervous and i had some edibles loll. It also seemed a little hard to put 1/4cc accurately because the lines are so close together but ill be ultra careful next time.

As for the heating pad i guess ill get rid of it and monitor my temp occasionally. The pad is originally for my SGFC that is already partially made with holes drilled and the top cut for some nice plexi glass.

So i will consolidate for 2 weeks or until vitro pins start once the jars are fully colonized.

Thanks for the fast replys!

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: JRE] * 1
    #22570802 - 11/24/15 10:29 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: good luck

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22570830 - 11/24/15 10:39 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

A whole syringe for 5 jars isnt a big deal. I used to do it a lot. Gets kinda expensive thou.

The main benefit was faster colonizing times. Real fast.

Good luck on your grow :mushroom2:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22570853 - 11/24/15 10:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineJRE
 User Gallery

#22571588 - 11/25/15 06:53 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Alright so i snapped some pictures of my incubator and the jar lids. I left the heating pad on over night because the incubator in located in the basement which is kinda cold even tho the thermostat says 70, i also wanted to see what the temp would be leaving the heating pad on compared to when it being off.

For the lids, i made one with tyvek siliconed onto both sides. The others are tyvek silicone on the outside and just a bigger piece of tyvek covering the inside with the lid screwed over it...is that not a good idea? I had a hard time drilling the holes as you can see lol. I used the proper drill bit while holding the lid down on a piece of wood and drilling.

For the incubator, i didnt do anything special to it. I added the thermometer/hygrometer that reads 71 degrees and 53% humidity. The outside bottom of the incubator has 4 stubs on the corners to keep it elevated off of the heating pad that is sitting on top of some paper towels. Seems to be working alright so far? Should i check temp twice a day to make sure its consistent? I think that if i turn it off then it'll be too cold, probably around 67 degrees or less as the thermometer read that temp in the container before putting the jars in it and stuff.

Hopefully it does colonize fast as i fear contaminates could be lurking. I will post more pictures later today when i finish constructing my FC!

Edited by JRE (11/25/15 06:54 AM)

OfflinePsilosoulful

#22572257 - 11/25/15 10:28 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The incubator is unnecessary dude, just heat the room up instead. And don't worry about the humidity soo much, it's not a factor during the colonization stage. Keep it simple.

OfflineJRE
 User Gallery

#22578735 - 11/26/15 02:57 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I took out the heating pad so now the jars are just sitting at a room temp of around 70. I checked out the jars a little and saw a little tiny bit of what looked like white mycelium starting to grow but then again iv never seen mycelium in person so i could just be getting over excited. I would post pics but idk if you would be able to see the white as its that fine.

Hopefully the white turns into big patches within couple days! When would i be able to tell if the jars are contaminated? do i have to wait for the mycelium to grow more to be able to tell?

SGFC still under construction but very close to done im just lazy. Does the chamber NEED holes on the bottom of it for it to function properly? i drilled holes on every side but the bottom because i didn't want water from the perlite draining out and getting everywhere. If the holes on the bottom are necessary i will drill them and just put something under the chamber to collect the water. Should i keep my chamber elevated so the holes on the bottom could do their work?

Offlinetripaholic88
Entheogen and Canna Enthusiast
 User Gallery
    #22578773 - 11/26/15 03:06 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yes you def are gonna want to drill holes on the bottom as well... also you will wanna elevate the chamber about 3-5" off th e floor

OfflineJRE
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: tripaholic88]
    #22592184 - 11/29/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Checked the jars today and they all show growth of mycelium.

I did shake the syringe a little before inoculating but not as much as I wanted because i was kinda rushing. The spores were in a mostly clumped up and i noticed the jar that has the biggest clump has a big patch of mycelium as the others have smaller spots still.

Haven't seen any signs of contamination so hopefully it stays that way. Will keep everyone updated!

OfflineMrSturgill
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22592237 - 11/29/15 08:21 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

That's ok, for all the spores you can see there are tons that you can't.

--------------------
All You Need
and

Read, read, read some more, don't consider anything has been read until everything has been read, then go back and read it again.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: MrSturgill]
    #22592654 - 11/29/15 10:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to shroomery :shroomeryhead: seems like you are off to a good start, now you play the waiting game.....where everyone looses :p jk but really patience is a virtue in this hobby :smile:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineJRE
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #22612605 - 12/04/15 11:39 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys so i got a nice update here.

I finished constructing my SGFC and it seems to be pretty good yes? Quarter inch holes all around, i cut out part of the top cover and taped plexi glass to it where im planning on having a light bulb hover over it.

Also, my jars are colonizing steadily and i haven't seen any signs of contamination yet. One jar is ahead of the other jars as i mentioned before, its the jar that has a chunk of spore from the syringe; the first 2 pictures is that jar. The last 2 pictures is another jar that is colonized as much as the rest of the jars. I do notice condensation building up on the walls of the jars, is that a bad thing? I know they are probably a little more moist than it should be.

Thanks!

OfflineMrSturgill
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22613970 - 12/04/15 05:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Lookin good man, the plexi glass thing wasn't really needed but :shrug:
Condensation is perfectly normal.

--------------------
All You Need
and

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22616302 - 12/05/15 09:55 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, cutting the top of that SGFC was not needed. The lid was already mostly clear.

Make sure you drill holes in the grid-pattern on that plexiglass for proper airflow out the top of the FC.

OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: First Grow Log - Cambodians PF Tek [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22616420 - 12/05/15 10:41 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Those jars have some whispy lookin growth. Definitely different from tomentose/rhizomorphic. Hopefully, it fully colonizes without any weird spots popping up. :goodluck:

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#22617104 - 12/05/15 02:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Not too shabby for a first grow. Although you
may have troubles with those tall jars. In a pinch
they can and have been known to work, but could
also cause you some problems.
I actually use plastic Glad and Ziploc tubs, still
8 oz. I've found them much easier to use.
As already said, incubator is unnecessary. It may speed
up growth, but also increases the chance for contaminants.
Due to the higher heat. Room temp works perfectly.

:awethumb:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale