Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

Small, potent little doods! I was stunned!
    #22561744 - 11/22/15 11:25 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hello all! I am a new member, but have been stalking these forums for years. You all have helped me successfully cultivate my own little happiness without any issues! I was just wondering about one thing. My most recent harvest were Golden Teacher on brf cakes PF style. It initially was not an impressive take... Until I indulged in these little beauties. The second flush was an absolutely stunning set of cubes. Only thing was they were munchkins. I got about 30 fully mature boomers and they weighed 60 grams fresh? Anyway, I decided to have a "light trip" with my roomies. We each ate .5 grams of these little fuckers and sat around the fire pit. Within 20 minutes I knew I was in for a ride. This was not my first rodeo, and I felt like I had just bombed at least 2 grams of booms. Long to short, very intense trip, and one of my roommates couldn't let go, and he ended up hiding under a blanket. ONLY 1/2 of a gram each. What could make these meanies so strong? At this point, I'm going to make it my goal to grow tiny, mature fruits! Looking to get some input on why these are so absurdly potent. If it helps the dried fruits turned 100% blue, and they were no bigger than a paperclip.

Edited by HoldenOversoul (11/22/15 11:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenewrook
Sucks at bulk
Male User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: HoldenOversoul]
    #22561779 - 11/22/15 11:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Big or small I like em all.

60 grams fresh is a fucking haul off a pk cake breh

--------------------

THROW AWAY YOUR SGFC

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: newrook]
    #22561788 - 11/22/15 11:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

2 cakes and thank you. I almost ate 4 grams tonight and decided to take it easy. I am grateful for the second thought. that little half gram rocked my foundation. I'm gonna save the rest of this flush for a longggg time haha.

Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22561911 - 11/23/15 12:45 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

.5g rocked your foundation?? Try 5g+ lol it will fucking obliterate it.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #22561956 - 11/23/15 01:09 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Haha, I've been there Flabber. The point of the thread is why do these little cubes seem to rival the potency of Azures? Trust me brother, I've visited the other side more times than I can count. I sure as hell would think twice before eating more than a couple grams of these boomers.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
    #22562119 - 11/23/15 03:51 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well I do know after a certain point shrooms stop multiplying their cells and instead they expand them with water. Maybe the little shrooms had all the actives a larger shroom would have but instead of actually growing big maybe it couldn't expand its cells or something. I might get pissed on for saying this lol but its the only hypothesis my simple brain can come up with.

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #22562218 - 11/23/15 05:37 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I think this may be the only logical theory. I've heard it before, but wasn't sure until now. I could have easily eaten a 2-3 gram monster and had the same trip.

Edited by HoldenOversoul (11/23/15 05:38 AM)

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562329 - 11/23/15 07:21 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Eh, with MS potency will vary from fruit to fruit pretty much. People do say aborts are more potent per weight, but I've never eaten just aborts.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562356 - 11/23/15 07:36 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I've never had enough aborts for a full trip haha. These were fully mature mushrooms with the cap completely open, just very small. I've eaten single PE mushrooms that weighed more than an eighth, and that's a story for another day. It's just I was expecting a mild buzz, and almost got thrown into a full-blown experience. Idk, I guess they were just well-loved ladies. I'm nothing but blissful about their potency, and yes it was an ms innoc. Luckily, I had the smarts to create a pint of lc off these. Should have them goin for the next year or two with that brew!

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22562371 - 11/23/15 07:40 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

If you really wanna save the genetics do a slant. That will serve you indefinitely.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562373 - 11/23/15 07:42 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Haha sometimes those little buggers catch you off guard

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562397 - 11/23/15 08:00 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I'll look into that haze, thank you. They don't produce any weight, so they are most certainly going to the headstash haha. Also yes flabbergasted, they can do interesting things given the proper environment. I'm continually amazed by are fungi friends!

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562406 - 11/23/15 08:06 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Me too. I've had a 1.5g PE chocolate totally whoop my ass before. Wasn't expecting it at all.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562442 - 11/23/15 08:18 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The Envy does not fuck around. The holy grail of Cubensis. It's always a shame when people get them thinking they're normal cubes and lose their mind. That mushroom has a reputation of scaring people out of ever indulging again. I wonder what havoc a fistful of PE aborts would create.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562444 - 11/23/15 08:21 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I'm actually not a huge fan of PE....they are strong but in a different way than other cubes. I don't enjoy the trips near as much.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562459 - 11/23/15 08:27 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

If I'm not mistaken, Psilo isn't the only active tryptamine in that strain. I've noticed they come with a heavier cross than any other Cube. Hands down the most visual, connected experience I've ever had on mushrooms. Hence the tendency to scare the shit out of inexperienced folk.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562473 - 11/23/15 08:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The most amazing thing I've ever seen in my entire life was on a PE dose this year. A GIGANTIC animated lego world. It was totally incredible. I'll never forget it.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22562474 - 11/23/15 08:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So far I only tried PE. There was one time I bought some shrooms but I didn't really know what they were. They weren't properly dried also so I kmagine there was some potency loss.

Hopefully if my LC is clean ill inoc a couple of quarts with MDK today to refill my currently contaminated PE monotub. Its in the middle of the flush so ima let it finish and trash it. Wanna see what MDKs have to offer.

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562493 - 11/23/15 08:40 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck! I've heard they can be very high-maintenance, but when you do get those fat fat fat fruits... I'd love to munch a fresh PE. When I first tried them, I was gifted a 4 gram close-cap. I split it with a friend and wowwww. I ended up having to babysit him while I was out of my mind. Never again will I eat those with people. They are a solo venture for sure.

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562501 - 11/23/15 08:42 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Haha, I'm flushing a couple contamed cakes in quarantine right now! I figure if they're still pushing fruits, it's not my place to stop them.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562502 - 11/23/15 08:43 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Fresh PE are awesome though!! 10g and text was melting off my computer screen lol I was like WTF

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22562509 - 11/23/15 08:46 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So much flesh to chomp through haha. Fucking mutant cubensis.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22562516 - 11/23/15 08:47 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Fo sho

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22565222 - 11/23/15 08:08 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Problem is when you harvest ur gonna get yourself covered with spores. Unless you have that decontamination chamber like a pro lab lol. I want nothing to do with anything contaminated. Have enough contams on agar as it is. Even had half a mind to throw away my currently fruiting monotub but I decided im gonna let it finish it's first flush first.

OfflineTreebux
Dah Man!
Male

#22565245 - 11/23/15 08:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Surprised you event feel .5g I've always needed at least a handful to get going. Probably a placebo effect who knows? Try soaking your shrooms ground up in fresh squeezed lemon juice. You'll get a stronger effect.

--------------------
Shroomery.org is cool

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: Treebux]
    #22566379 - 11/24/15 02:37 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Treebux said:
Surprised you event feel .5g I've always needed at least a handful to get going. Probably a placebo effect who knows? Try soaking your shrooms ground up in fresh squeezed lemon juice. You'll get a stronger effect.

PE are said to be stronger than regular cubes. And as said before genetics has a part to play in potency. My target now is to successfully isolate strains to get better potency shrooms. Might be a while though. Probably wont be able to do agar successfully before I get a FH which is gonna take at least a year before I start thinking about spending that much money on mycology again.

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22568098 - 11/24/15 12:52 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I've tripped enough times to know the difference between placebo and true effects. These just happen to be extra potent I guess.

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
    #22568188 - 11/24/15 01:11 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I ate 3g of a small redboy isolate that stopped time for about an hour, had cosmic aliens in the sky, and made me totally lose my grip on reallity.  I didn't think I was ever coming back.

My experience has tended to suggest that the little ones growing in super-dense clusters are the ones to watch out for, but I haven't tripped on enough isolates to say.  Cube potency seems to fluctuate by at least 25% from the mean if not waaay more.

I also noticed my PF cake mushrooms seem to grow dryer.  Perhaps they are receiving actives as they grow, but taking on less watermass.  Don't think that would affect their dry weight though.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Edited by Machiavelliavore (11/24/15 01:14 PM)

Offlineshootoox
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Neverland
Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22568801 - 11/24/15 03:33 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I have never had this visual wow effect on mushroom but then again i only have tripped like 10 times..
And i usually go for 3g dried never tried fresh ones.
Last time i was like man i wanna go harder so i took 5g dried cambodian with 3 other friends.
Two of them did 2-3gram and the other one also did 5g like me.
We had a great time until the guy that took 5g got all twisted away called his GF on the phone and talked with her for like 3hours haha...
We other had a great time until a one friend got some bad vibes "when is it going away how long is it going to stay" he turned on the TV to calm himself down. Cause the TV is the TV every one in the whole country sees the same things as i do on the TV now haha..
He kinda killed the vibe a bit so i went for the bedroom myself and put some headphones on with some nice psytrance on.
I was in love with the wall cause it had this great colors and i also did some nitrous oxide to boost my trip.
Was the first time i tried it on mushroom and i liked it alot but i never got those visuals.
Overall it was a great night..

I love that "groovy" feeling that comes from mushroom it feels much better than LSD maybe just a placebo by me?
Now i only have tried LSD 2times so i cant say that much but both times was 100microgram and it hit me much harder then mushroom ever had.
But i got a pretty bad trip the last time i used it so i havent really had the feeling to try it again. I rather stay with my mushies haha.

This wasnt meant to be a wall of text it just happened.
But the question i have to ask in all this is.
Have i only tried "Bad" mushrooms?

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: shootoox]
    #22568850 - 11/24/15 03:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

More of a psychedelic experience question, but it seems that some people do not interpret what mushrooms do as "visuals," or don't interpret the effects as such.

Mushroom visuals can varry a lot and tend to be a bit more on the artitistic interpretation of distortion side as opposed to the whoah COLURZ side IME.

Some specific visuals were like, clouds turning into birds and weird figures, stucko walls turning into aliens fucking eachother, faces in everything, especially trees, widdbling distortion, unable to tell if television was animated or real, massive figures made of moving particles.

I think you haven't had anything good, or you wouldn't be asking.  I do have a friend who clames not to get visuals and get all body high, but when I ask him about specific stuff he sees, it sure as fuck sounds like visuals to me.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Offlineshootoox
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Neverland
    #22568943 - 11/24/15 04:02 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm when u put it that way maybe you are right my friend.
Now when i think of it i sure get visuals but not that strong i guess.
But yeah i know i write in the wrong section i just was catch in the storm when reading everything and i felt like typing :smile:

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22569072 - 11/24/15 04:28 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I usually get visuals. I think some people expect hallucinations, and that's not really what boomers will give you no matter the dose. It's more of a warping of what's already there, extreme pattern recognition that become superimposed over every surface, and colors everywhere. I've never actually seen something that wasn't there so to speak.

OfflineDetroitMagic
Mycological Madman
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Murder Mitten
    #22569784 - 11/24/15 06:36 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

If you e never seen something that wasn't there then you've never taken two 1.5gram chocolates of pan trops after getting too stoned and mixing them up with your 1.5g PE chocolates... Shit got real in a hurry. The physical world didn't exist through my hallucinogenic fog. I had no physical body.

--------------------
Praise his holy name #23, his airness, the human embodiment of god, Michael Jordan.

#TryptaminesSavedMyLife #PsychedelicThunderDome

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: DetroitMagic]
    #22570206 - 11/24/15 08:00 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DetroitMagic said:
If you e never seen something that wasn't there then you've never taken two 1.5gram chocolates of pan trops after getting too stoned and mixing them up with your 1.5g PE chocolates... Shit got real in a hurry. The physical world didn't exist through my hallucinogenic fog. I had no physical body.

Shit I think I experienced this. Was intense.

OfflineSivarted
Stranger
    #22571233 - 11/25/15 02:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HoldenOversoul said:
Hello all! I am a new member, but have been stalking these forums for years. You all have helped me successfully cultivate my own little happiness without any issues! I was just wondering about one thing. My most recent harvest were Golden Teacher on brf cakes PF style. It initially was not an impressive take... Until I indulged in these little beauties. The second flush was an absolutely stunning set of cubes. Only thing was they were munchkins. I got about 30 fully mature boomers and they weighed 60 grams fresh? Anyway, I decided to have a "light trip" with my roomies. We each ate .5 grams of these little fuckers and sat around the fire pit. Within 20 minutes I knew I was in for a ride. This was not my first rodeo, and I felt like I had just bombed at least 2 grams of booms. Long to short, very intense trip, and one of my roommates couldn't let go, and he ended up hiding under a blanket. ONLY 1/2 of a gram each. What could make these meanies so strong? At this point, I'm going to make it my goal to grow tiny, mature fruits! Looking to get some input on why these are so absurdly potent. If it helps the dried fruits turned 100% blue, and they were no bigger than a paperclip.

The strain I'm growing has produced many individual shrooms the size of my hand, but one of my tray grows produced a super-dense pinset that filled out with tons of smaller, thinner shrooms.

I got a hell of a surprise from those on a night where I wasn't actually looking to disappear for a couple hours, but holy fuck they were potent.  In hindsight, wish I would have cloned a few of those.  I believe the standard wisdom is that smaller shrooms will be more potent by weight, which is why aborts are supposed to be so potent.  (I have a substantial collection of aborts that I'm a little afraid to eat because the dosage can vary so wildly)

Based on that one flush (the tray dried out after that because I was out of town for a long weekend unfortunately), I would have to agree that bigger is not necessarily better.  :smile:

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: Sivarted]
    #22572152 - 11/25/15 09:57 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Unfortunately neither of my small fruit cluster strains have been good yielders, and the amount of the surface of the sub coverted by the pinset makes them not only a bitch to harvest and clean, but can damage the substrate during harvest as well.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22572362 - 11/25/15 10:54 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hey thats a cool cluster though.

Just harvested some nice looking cludters myself. Dropped those bitches on agar so fingers crossed I wont have to throw them away after a couple of days.

Edit: if they are isolates you could always try and mate it with a dense grower of the same variety. You can definitely pull it off.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572439 - 11/25/15 11:08 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Machiavelliavore said:
Unfortunately neither of my small fruit cluster strains have been good yielders, and the amount of the surface of the sub coverted by the pinset makes them not only a bitch to harvest and clean, but can damage the substrate during harvest as well.

Yeah bro that's gunna happen when you rip it off like that. Jesus christ that drives me nuts why are people all doing this all of a sudden!? I don't clean shit because I harvest clean!  :notcoolman:

I'm not directly bitchin' at you man don't worry it's just that it takes so little effort to do it right the 1st time. I don't understand why people want to do twice the amount of work, I just don't get it. And then people are telling noobs to do it this way, whhyyyyyyy?????????

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22572481 - 11/25/15 11:16 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck cleaning them lol. I saw a post of a guy saying he spends like an hour cleaning his fruits after pulling them out. No way in hell im gonna do that. If im ripping off that much sub I would use the scalpel. Couple of specks of verm or w/e is ok though.

To each his own I guess as I said I use both methods to harvest even though I lean more on pulling them. I understand the reason why people choose any of those 2 methods. Its more a balancing act for me first I pull gently and if they don't pop off immediately I cut those bastards off. Easy peasy and no damage done.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572507 - 11/25/15 11:20 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
Fuck cleaning them lol. I saw a post of a guy saying he spends like an hour cleaning his fruits after pulling them out. No way in hell im gonna do that. If im ripping off that much sub I would use the scalpel. Couple of specks of verm or w/e is ok though.

Amen

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22572523 - 11/25/15 11:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yea I think you were posting on that thread too when he said that. I swear flabber is like :zomgzomgzomg: everytime he sees a pulled off shroom.:lmafo:

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#22572526 - 11/25/15 11:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Those were sliced off.  They fruited from really deep in the casing, possibly because it was so cold here.  I would have probably lost like 20% of the harvest if I had sliced them off cleanly.

Don't use The Bunk on me.  That shit ain't right Jimmy.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

Edited by Machiavelliavore (11/25/15 11:24 AM)

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22572541 - 11/25/15 11:25 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Lol I mostly twist and pull. Can't believe it takes a dude an hour to clean them. Get a big ass brush, tooth brushes really don't cut it, and then split the stem if it's a big fucker.

I've had a lot of trich and shit germinate on left over stumps. But never the places I ripped up. If I cut, I still pull out stumps and aborts.. That's why i just don't give a shit anymore. Bitches round here normally throw the stumps in the trash anyway. Something about horse shit... :P

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572551 - 11/25/15 11:27 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
Yea I think you were posting on that thread too when he said that. I swear flabber is like :zomgzomgzomg: everytime he sees a pulled off shroom.:lmafo:

:lol: It's just one of my pet peeves I suppose

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22572607 - 11/25/15 11:36 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Meh. What does not kill you, makes you stronger. If it doesn't taste like shit, it aint IMO. Hell no I aint wastin no stumps or pins. Got a small handful from my harvest today. They will be digested by saturday for sure :lmafo:.

Quote:

Machiavelliavore said:

Don't use The Bunk on me.  That shit ain't right Jimmy.

Shiiiiiiieet pardner, look at that clock always a-tickin', gotta wake up at 3 in tha goddam mornin'. No seriously I do have to wake up at 3 haha. But I love that show I couldn't resist.

Night folks.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572709 - 11/25/15 11:50 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Haha stumps and pins are throwaway scraps to me :shrug:. Night dude! I just woke up here lol

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#22572835 - 11/25/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The stump seems like about the heaviest part of the mushroom, so a culture for which it cannot be easily harvested to me seems inefficient.  Yeah w.e on the abords/pins, like 1/8th a tub at most.

This stupid culture left a solid block of stumps covering 100% of the casing.  Too bad it was so potent.

Edited by Machiavelliavore (11/25/15 12:10 PM)

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572850 - 11/25/15 12:11 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

For me I don't care about weight and have pounds of mushrooms without taking the stumps off so it's to each his own of course!

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#22572861 - 11/25/15 12:13 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Potency and "yield" come first, but when part of your yield is left on the substrate making it more vulnerable to contams, I think it's preferable to try to find something that doesn't do that.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572901 - 11/25/15 12:17 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah probably. Question though, how does leaving stumps make a sub more vulnerable to contams? I've never seen this, ever.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#22572913 - 11/25/15 12:20 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I'd have to imagine bits of flayed mushroom tissue and chopped bits of tissue are worse that nice fruits that pop off right without damage.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22572944 - 11/25/15 12:25 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

If they pop right off without tearing anything up than yeah that's the way to go. But stumps are just mycelium and they end up being recolonized anyways.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22573160 - 11/25/15 01:12 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Personally i find stumps to be the first thing to contam as opposed to damaged substrates. I have very rarely seen a divot contam but usually if there is any tissue like an abort or chunk of mushroom that didn't get pulled up, that is gonna be where the mold gets its start.

A nice casing often helps, any divots are left in the casing only and the grains in the sub are left alone.

Quote:

Mad Season said:
I've had a lot of trich and shit germinate on left over stumps. But never the places I ripped up. If I cut, I still pull out stumps and aborts.. That's why i just don't give a shit anymore. Bitches round here normally throw the stumps in the trash anyway. Something about horse shit... :P

I agree to each their own, but I'm not the only one who's noticed the stumps seem way more prone to trich and shit

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: Small, potent little doods! I was stunned! [Re: Mad Season]
    #22573231 - 11/25/15 01:28 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe I'm just lucky

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22576051 - 11/25/15 11:38 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Stumps can get rotten real quick and easily develop bacteria. Maybe not necessarily trich, but that shit is def not good for new pin sets.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22576117 - 11/25/15 11:58 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Oh well I'm not ripping shit out of my sub anytime soon. :shrug:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#22576142 - 11/26/15 12:04 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

all 2nd/3rd flushes with stumps

TC after 4 flushes

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineHoldenOversoul
We are the good people
 User Gallery

#22579290 - 11/26/15 05:48 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Those are some good looking flushes there.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22579797 - 11/26/15 08:05 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah. Smexy.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract