Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaksdgt
Stranger
Loc: WA, USA Flag
Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?!
    #22558010 - 11/21/15 11:41 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hi all,

Recently a friend and I embarked on a journey of about 1.3g psiocybe cyanescens each. They were wild picked, 100% confident they are cyans. Blue bruising, wavy caps, white stems, etc.

Throughout our trip we had regular psychedelic visuals, like waviness and fractal patterns...

But then We experienced some really strange effects that we've never had from mushrooms before. Hard to describe but:
- Felt very very sedated, lethargic and almost sleepy, like closing our eyes would lead to a "paralyzed" dream state. Fortunately we could "snap out of it" after a few seconds, but the pressure to enter that dream state was constantly there
- Felt hard to move. Once we sat down, it felt like standing up was an insurmountable task
- Difficulty communicating, it was challenging to find the motivation to even speak. Most dialogue was just repeating phrases like "hi!" and "moving seems really hard" and "Hmm. I'm confused", followed by a smile and spontaneous outburst of laughter, followed by a concerned looking face...
- Our eyes were difficult to focus, we were cross-eyed for a while and dizzy

Luckily, all of these unpleasant side-effects wore off about 6-7 hours later but we were still unable to comprehend what happened.

These effect seems unusual for shrooms so is it related to the fact that they are cyanescens? Or perhaps related to some kind of contamination in our batch? Please help. Thank you!

Edited by aksdgt (11/21/15 11:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDavidReishi
Mediocrity Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: aksdgt]
    #22558057 - 11/22/15 12:03 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Even reading that makes me feel like I'm tripping off cyans or allenii. Would you also describe the experience as feeling "poisoned?" And did you have severe cottonmouth or pain swallowing?

Offlineaksdgt
Stranger
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: DavidReishi]
    #22558081 - 11/22/15 12:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I did feel like I might have been poisoned maybe by some kind of mold growing on the mushrooms or something, because I  literally had never felt these things on cubenses before... it felt like in addition the psilocybin trip, there was something completely different happening on top of it. As for the second question, I didn't have any particular cottonmouth or pain in swallowing.

Edited by aksdgt (11/22/15 12:12 AM)

InvisibleDavidReishi
Male User Gallery

#22558124 - 11/22/15 12:36 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

It wasn't contamination. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but there's quite a bit of interest here in "woodlovers' paralysis"...caused not only by cyans but also by azzies and allenii. There's several plausible ideas of what's causing it, but so far a definitive answer hasn't been found. On the other hand, people have come up with methods that appear to minimize it. One method is to take a histamine-blocker. Another is to take a certain noortropic supplement (sorry, I forgot which). And a third is to microdose repeatedly over time, making you temporarily immune to the unwanted effects.

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
    #22558205 - 11/22/15 01:33 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #22558209 - 11/22/15 01:38 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The effects of wood-loving Psilocybes are very different to dung-loving ones.

Quote:

aksdgt said:

- Felt very very sedated, lethargic and almost sleepy, like closing our eyes would lead to a "paralyzed" dream state. Fortunately we could "snap out of it" after a few seconds, but the pressure to enter that dream state was constantly there
- Felt hard to move. Once we sat down, it felt like standing up was an insurmountable task
- Difficulty communicating, it was challenging to find the motivation to even speak. Most dialogue was just repeating phrases like "hi!" and "moving seems really hard" and "Hmm. I'm confused", followed by a smile and spontaneous outburst of laughter, followed by a concerned looking face...

This all sounds normal in my opinion. They make my eyes water a lot and give me the feeling of constantly needing to pee.

Edited by maynardjameskeenan (11/22/15 01:43 AM)

InvisibleCharlesBruce
 User Gallery

Loc: Wales, Great Britain Flag
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #22558430 - 11/22/15 05:27 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like "woodlover paralysis", check this thread. I think these species should be considered poisonous to be honest, have seen many cases of what you describe.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13222715/fpart/1/vc/1

InvisibleWolfred
Hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: CharlesBruce]
    #22558446 - 11/22/15 05:42 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

ROFLMAO! .... It sounds like a simple case of taking to many to me. I've "noticed" that these effects are more common in species with a high psilocin (as opposed to psilocybin) content such as P. baeocystis, P. cyanescens, and P. Azurescens for example.

InvisibleDavidReishi
Male User Gallery

Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: Wolfred]
    #22558571 - 11/22/15 07:49 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wolfred said:
ROFLMAO! .... It sounds like a simple case of taking to many to me. I've "noticed" that these effects are more common in species with a high psilocin (as opposed to psilocybin) content such as P. baeocystis, P. cyanescens, and P. Azurescens for example.

While you were busy rolling on the floor, did you "notice" that he and his friend each ate only 1.3 grams?

InvisibleRuralAnomaly
Sporadic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spitzenkรถrper Ohio
    #22558717 - 11/22/15 09:04 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

maybe someone with some familiarity with the receptor sites that occur elsewhere in the body which are affected by psilocin and its analogues can comment.

also, for example, did shulgin ever make pure baeocystin and document the effects?  might be high enough in some instances to change the nature of the experience.  not sure but if memory serves me, cubes might not have much of the above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT_receptor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2A_receptor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2B_receptor <- psilocin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_transporter

--------------------
bite my basidiocarp

Offlineaksdgt
Stranger
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: CharlesBruce]
    #22558991 - 11/22/15 10:34 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DavidReishi said:
It wasn't contamination. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but there's quite a bit of interest here in "woodlovers' paralysis"...caused not only by cyans but also by azzies and allenii. There's several plausible ideas of what's causing it, but so far a definitive answer hasn't been found. On the other hand, people have come up with methods that appear to minimize it. One method is to take a histamine-blocker. Another is to take a certain noortropic supplement (sorry, I forgot which). And a third is to microdose repeatedly over time, making you temporarily immune to the unwanted effects.

Quote:

CharlesBruce said:
Sounds like "woodlover paralysis", check this thread. I think these species should be considered poisonous to be honest, have seen many cases of what you describe.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13222715/fpart/1/vc/1

Wow, I had absolutely no idea about this. Thank you. Looking back, I had naively believed that all psilocybin mushrooms were just "the same drug" but hmm, they really are not. Cyanescens are a completely different beast. The "paralysis" effect was very unpleasant, I don't know if I want to touch cyanescens ever again. (Or at least not for a while... )

Edited by aksdgt (11/22/15 10:37 AM)

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #22559129 - 11/22/15 11:10 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

1.3 grams is a pretty hefty dose, just took it the other day and it was well over the strength of an 1/8th of cubensis. But yeah wood lover paralysis isn't uncommon, it seems to effect about 10% of wild patches, you won't die from it so just flow with it just as you would with the rest of the trip, if you feel like falling over and laying down go with it, maybe they're trying to show you something at that moment :mushroom2: I haven't had this happen to me this year, but my first ever experience with cyans I almost fell over on my counter I could barely walk and instantly felt like sleeping, your body will develop a little tolerance to whatever this is as well I think I have noticed, I haven't experienced it since and done many Cyan trips after my first.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #22559605 - 11/22/15 01:13 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I get the worst hamstring cramps with Allenii. Kind of scary, very painful, makes me really nervous while it's happening. Last maybe a minute but it feels like I might need to go to the emergency room when it happens. They cramp up so bad that I have a hard time breathing. Usually only happens if I am sitting or lying down. It's scary

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #22559754 - 11/22/15 01:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

aksdgt said:
Hi all,

Recently a friend and I embarked on a journey of about 1.3g psiocybe cyanescens each. They were wild picked, 100% confident they are cyans. Blue bruising, wavy caps, white stems, etc.

Throughout our trip we had regular psychedelic visuals, like waviness and fractal patterns...

But then We experienced some really strange effects that we've never had from mushrooms before. Hard to describe but:

Luckily, all of these unpleasant side-effects wore off about 6-7 hours later but we were still unable to comprehend what happened.

These effect seems unusual for shrooms so is it related to the fact that they are cyanescens? Or perhaps related to some kind of contamination in our batch? Please help. Thank you!

I've definetly had this experience with ovoids. It seems to kick in about an hour and half after the first wave hits. You feel like you're coming down and then it hits you like a brick. You feel heavy. It's not hard to move. It's hard to iniate movement. Also the muscles in my face and scalp seem to really tighten up at the same time. It's weird. It really seems like it has to be another component of the mushroom, or an active metabolite. It is VERY distinct from the original trippy feeling.

Some of us in the ovoid forum speculate it could be from baeocystin or something related. Apparently the greenish tint that ovoids get is due to the baeocystin content.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
โ€œif I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to herโ€

Edited by koods (11/22/15 02:10 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: koods]
    #22559768 - 11/22/15 01:58 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Interestingly, I happened to take some ovoids that I hadn't stored property. They were still crispy dry, but the bag had accidentally been left open and exposed to air for months. The entire first wave was missing, and I thought the mushrooms were total duds and then like two hours later I had this secondary heavy body load type trip. This was from making tea as well, so normally the trip would be up and running in 20 minutes or so.

It's not mold. I have this experience nearly every time. Last fall I ate 1.5 dried equivalent of fresh ovoids and tripped balls for 10 hours and the last 7 hours I was plastered to the couch. I don't think I moved for 3 straight hours.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
โ€œif I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to herโ€

Edited by koods (11/22/15 02:00 PM)

InvisibleMr Piggy
Big Dick Retard
 User Gallery

#22559789 - 11/22/15 02:03 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Took two grams of some rather potent cyans on friday night and was a bit rough yesterday.  I haven't ever experienced the wood lover paralysis, but I have to say they sure can make the next day fuzzy.  I've also noticed that I can trip heavily on wood lovers and still check back in with reality every now and then.  At some point late in the night/ early in the morning I came to wearing my wife's sweater and one of her socks on my right foot while talking to the toes on my left.  Shit got weird, it was awesome.

--------------------
๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ผ ๐Ÿ„ต๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ป

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #22559887 - 11/22/15 02:24 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking that maybe it has something to do with the same phenomenon that happens with sleep paralysis, maybe once your body is exposed to DMT type neurotransmitters your body kicks in the paralysis fail-safe to stop you from living out your dreams and injuring yourself. I'm not experienced with other hallucinogens to know if this happens with other tryptamines. Mushrooms trip do induce a very dream like state when I take them.

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Deliriant/sedative effects from wild Cyanescens?! [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #22559920 - 11/22/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I took a quarter of azzies in tea. At some point in the night I redosed. Things got 'real'. I don't know what to think with this body load / heaviness feeling. Feels like gravity is crushing you like a bug but it feels good.

It's 16 hours since first dose. My body is still buzzing. It feels good. Yawny. Loose. I'm on a pain scale of 1-2 out of 10. These things certainly have a muscle relaxant effect. It is still hard to operate my phone.

The only down side is that deep, deep lower gut punch that these azzies have. It just *sticks* there. Weed munchies don't help, fluids don't help. It feels like a mix between absolute blissful relaxation... I don't know I'm still foggy.

I'm not trying to get my head in a twist but it's been a very long time since I redosed and my skin is still bristling. Like I'm starting to come up again but then it stops.

Body is heavy. Feet shuffle. But very little to no pain. I still feel very glued to laying down or being seated. This was unexpected. I mean, I knew what would happen if I took too much, but now it's Sunday afternoon and I feel like some good weed would put me back in the groove. The air is thick and viscous, like I'm half swimming. Just, I don't know.

Offlineaksdgt
Stranger
    #22560061 - 11/22/15 03:05 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for all your replies, I :heart: you all and the supportful vibes in this community. It's good to know that this is a well-known phenomenon. I actually wasn't aware that 1.3g was a hefty dose for cyans. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

We were both really unsettled by the strange wave of sleepiness and "paralysis" but luckily we trusted each other and trusted the mushrooms enough not to panic.

Quote:

koods said:

I've definetly had this experience with ovoids. It seems to kick in about an hour and half after the first wave hits. You feel like you're coming down and then it hits you like a brick. You feel heavy. It's not hard to move. It's hard to iniate movement.

EXACTLY THIS!!! That's exactly what happened to us.

Edited by aksdgt (11/22/15 03:09 PM)

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#22560714 - 11/22/15 05:39 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
I get the worst hamstring cramps with Allenii

This happens to soldiers when they sweat too much and haven't ingested enough ELECTROLYTES (soldiers are given Powerade EVERY DAY for electrolyte balance).

Quote:

koods said:
Also the muscles in my face and scalp seem to really tighten up at the same time. It's weird.

When Dr. Albert Hofmann discovered acid he was actually researching potential BLOOD PRESSURE medicines. Blood pressure can be modified by VASOCONSTRICTIVE medications (chemicals).

I keep saying this stuff but nobody seems to be listening.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale