Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecr1s1s
 User Gallery
Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation
    #22515226 - 11/12/15 06:41 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — The Austin Police Department discovered a large illegal mushroom grow operation Thursday morning and seized nearly 30 pounds of the psychedelic mushrooms.

Officers discovered a large cache of illegal mushrooms when they served a search warrant at a home in a South Austin home in the 6300 block of Berkley Cove. When officers discovered the stash, experts told them to evacuate the home as a precaution.

“Mushrooms, usually when you disturb them, they admit a spore and if you breathe that in, it can cause you to have health issues and possible sometimes that can be fatal,” said Sgt. Robbie Volk with the Austin Police Department. When the fire department determined the air quality was safe, narcotics officers continued their investigation.

Members from Austin’s Clandestine Laboratory Response Unit put on chemical suits and gas masks to remove the mushrooms.

Authorities say the mushrooms were all packaged in plastic food containers. Police said they seized 9 ounces of dried mushrooms, worth nearly $250 an ounce, and 25-35 lbs. of wet mushrooms they found inside the house.

APD said they have to wait for the product to dry out before they can weigh it officially.

While coming across mushrooms isn’t uncommon, this bust was different.

“We run across them [mushrooms] pretty regularly, but at this volume or level, this is very infrequent. I’ve been in the organized crime unit on-and-off for over 12 years and this is the only second lab that I’ve actually gone on,” said Sgt. Volk.

Police said no one was home and they have not identified a suspect or made any arrests. Several neighbors watched everything unfold Thursday and were shocked to find out what was going on.

“I think it shows that the city of Austin is serious about drug situations in the neighborhoods,” said neighbor Robin Matthews.

He said the people living in the rental property had been there for about two years.  Matthews said he knew one of the people, but said there was never much traffic to the house or anything out of the ordinary.

“When they moved in, he showed us the hydroponic set up in the backyard and in fact they had tomatoes and so forth growing there,”said Matthews. “it seemed reasonable and you know, the joke always was I wonder what else they’re going to grow, that kind of thing but we never did suspect anything.”

Police said there were concerns because the home because it backs up to a daycare and not far from Cunningham Elementary School.

“We have to protect these kids from anything and everything and it’s shocking that it’s right behind us,” said Allison McGillicuddy, director of the Berkeley Methodist Child Care Center. “The officer said there isn’t any immediate danger to any of our kids right now.”

Link to original site with pictures: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineafrogus
hombre
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: cr1s1s]
    #22515248 - 11/12/15 06:48 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

"Mushrooms, usually when you disturb them, they admit a spore and if you breathe that in, it can cause you to have health issues and possible sometimes that can be fatal,” said Sgt. Robbie Volk with the Austin Police Department. When the fire department determined the air quality was safe, narcotics officers continued their investigation."

So much fail.

--------------------
"Leave no turn unstoned":)

Offlinecr1s1s
 User Gallery
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: afrogus]
    #22515272 - 11/12/15 06:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I know. I facepalmed so hard when reading that. Let's take "expert" medical advice from a police grunt who can't use proper grammar, let alone understand the organism and substances he's putting people in jail for.

Offlineafrogus
hombre
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #22515324 - 11/12/15 07:08 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cr1s1s said:
I know. I facepalmed so hard when reading that. Let's take "expert" medical advice from a police grunt who can't use proper grammar, let alone understand the organism and substances he's putting people in jail for.

Yeah, plus they found a grow that had 30 pounds wet which is 3 pounds dry and by no means " massive".

--------------------
"Leave no turn unstoned":)

Offlinespacechimp
touching the cosmos
 User Gallery

#22515328 - 11/12/15 07:12 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Most police departments do not require much education to serve. I guess you can have a missing chromosome and join the Austin police department.  :agentgtfo:

Offlinemygrowscope
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: spacechimp]
    #22515334 - 11/12/15 07:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

LMAO

--------------------
P.L.U.R.:mushroom2:

Invisiblegrownright
Duke of Lizzards
I'm a teapot

Loc: Deep South Flag
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: mygrowscope]
    #22515375 - 11/12/15 07:24 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

This is the second bust in Austin where no Arrest was made, wtf is going on there??

--------------------

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: grownright]
    #22515406 - 11/12/15 07:31 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Some fungi are toxic when spores are inhaled, although not any psilocybe species I'm aware of. I had a bad fungal infection in my lungs from mining in an area where valley fever lives. Their fears are justified since they aren't mycologists. They can't identify a contaminated culture vs a healthy one.

Offlinespacechimp
touching the cosmos
 User Gallery

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: passifloracaerulea] * 1
    #22515491 - 11/12/15 07:48 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I understand that, but this is the usual cop shit! You see pictures of grow rooms or someone making dmt get busted and they have a bomb robot go into the house before they can secure the scene. They always make a huge deal out of nothing. Lights, cameras, men in space suits,always say the drugs are worth 4x what they really are. Then some porker holds a news conference saying they have saved the children from the scourge of drugs. Its kinda funny :psychoactiveair:

Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #22515734 - 11/12/15 08:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

At least they are allowing them to dry out before weighing, usually they will charge for the weight of wet mushrooms.

I'm curious to know what prompted them to serve a search warrant if the place was so low-key and unsuspecting.

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Loc: EuroZone Victim
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: afrogus]
    #22516304 - 11/12/15 11:33 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

dont commit to the 3Lbs idea yet! They are not saying 30Lbs of actual mushrooms they are weighing the whole tub including substrate/casing because the mycelium contains psilocybin which is thru out the tub/tubs so just like when they charge you for possession of opium when they catch you with methadone pills w/o a script, they weigh the pill to establish quantity and the fillers are included and that is why possession of vicodin is usually a stiffer sentence than a more powerful drug like oxycodone(roxy's) due to excessive weight from pill size! F-CKED up drug war bs... someone is threatening big pharma monopoly, they trip instead of taking (benzos,antidepressants,antipsychotics) of which the Gov gets there cut of the profits... but we do get to add the the prison industrial complex profits as a new bonus which of course is also privatized and technically neither of them should be!  sorry for spell errors

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: perikleous]
    #22516321 - 11/12/15 11:38 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm: Texas is super strict on their drug laws so this guys gonna be fucked

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #22516448 - 11/13/15 12:22 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yea whats up with serving warrants when you no they no nobody's home. Fishy.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #22516455 - 11/13/15 12:25 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

at no point in the histroy of anything is this surprising they're just stupid mushrooms, all of these people probably drink

trafficking drugs though, expect 3-8 years at least

Edited by Konyap (11/13/15 12:31 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: Konyap]
    #22516951 - 11/13/15 07:02 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Every part of this article... Its not even just that i dont agree with it. Every paragraph is borderline retardation. Even the quotes, how the cop deacribes things. "We must protect our children from anything and everything"...like it matters that down a block or two theres a school. Clearly this police department knows nothing about P. cubensis if EXPERTS told them to pull out of there upon finding a stash of cubensis. They even say that they come across shrooms frequently but yet... Just mind boggling.

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: Fractal420]
    #22516977 - 11/13/15 07:15 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

“We have to protect these kids from anything and everything and it’s shocking that it’s right behind us,” said Allison McGillicuddy, director of the Berkeley Methodist Child Care Center. “The officer said there isn’t any immediate danger to any of our kids right now.”

lol as if there ever was.

I'm glad I live somewhere where there is no police.  I live far more comfortably every day knowing i'm not going to get fucked with.  Especially when I just want to be left alone in the first place.

--------------------

Invisibledesr
GFYS

#22517446 - 11/13/15 10:08 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

at least theyre going to dry it out before "official" weighing, or so they say.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: perikleous]
    #22517666 - 11/13/15 11:21 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

perikleous said:
dont commit to the 3Lbs idea yet! They are not saying 30Lbs of actual mushrooms they are weighing the whole tub including substrate/casing because the mycelium contains psilocybin which is thru out the tub/tubs so just like when they charge you for possession of opium when they catch you with methadone pills w/o a script, they weigh the pill to establish quantity and the fillers are included and that is why possession of vicodin is usually a stiffer sentence than a more powerful drug like oxycodone(roxy's) due to excessive weight from pill size! F-CKED up drug war bs... someone is threatening big pharma monopoly, they trip instead of taking (benzos,antidepressants,antipsychotics) of which the Gov gets there cut of the profits... but we do get to add the the prison industrial complex profits as a new bonus which of course is also privatized and technically neither of them should be!  sorry for spell errors

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #22517902 - 11/13/15 12:10 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

their drugs are BAD!!!

OfflineIhateyou
Stranger

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: Konyap]
    #22518269 - 11/13/15 02:08 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:lmafo: The first quote was just so funny

Offlinecr1s1s
 User Gallery
Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #22519534 - 11/13/15 07:02 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

birdeatingspider said:
At least they are allowing them to dry out before weighing, usually they will charge for the weight of wet mushrooms.

I'm curious to know what prompted them to serve a search warrant if the place was so low-key and unsuspecting.

Yeah that's enough to make anyone paranoid. It sucks that they weigh mycelium. No one is going to eat the substrate to trip, but since it contains minute amounts of trippy alkoloids...

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

#22530346 - 11/16/15 01:17 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I would guess that no one gets charged over this.

After all the crooked cops get done stealing their share of the bust there won't be much left.

Not to mention that the likelihood of them drying and storing them properly so that there is still actives in them come trial time is very small.

I don't know much about Texas law so really I'm just talking out of my ass on this.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineIhateyou
Stranger

Re: Police raid huge psychedelic mushroom growing operation [Re: george castanza]
    #22545715 - 11/19/15 08:56 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I'm pretty sure they know how to dry mushrooms out in Texas. There's mushrooms everywhere down there.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract