Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBig Bear
Earf Child
Male User Gallery

Loc: In love, On time
Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: taGyo]
    #22508483 - 11/11/15 09:10 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Need help growing? Ask AMU for hassle free answers.

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: Kalistis]
    #22508556 - 11/11/15 09:35 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

These jars were the last of my big bag of WBS, and I'll never buy another. They are nice for colonization times and good for g2g into oats, but I absolutely hate the prep. They make a big mess all over my kitchen, I used to throw out the floaters and sunflower seeds, and I never enjoyed the prep. I've made one batch of oats and I'll never go back. Maybe the occassional master.

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22508759 - 11/11/15 10:39 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

taGyo said:
:patriot:

Dehydrator is full as fuck, you guys think these guys will lose potency in 12-24 hrs in teh fridge?

Good job buddy. :raisemyglass:

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: Darkhome]
    #22509702 - 11/11/15 02:53 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Darkhome said:
I'm about to give oats a try...been saying it forever, time to take the plunge...

:whathesaid:

Offlineguyute22
Ugly Pig

Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: NDStepp84]
    #22509781 - 11/11/15 03:14 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NDStepp84 said:
Thanks, no soak boiled around 40 min until a few burst, loaded when they only left a barely visible small spot on a paper towel. PC'd 2 hours @ 17 psi. They really swelled in the PC, I shook them after I got them out and they almost filled the jar up, lol. First time with oats, so far so good.

Def will keep you posted on the tub, MS agar/3  transfers > grain

great thread!

do you guys add anything to boil water?  gypsum or coffee or anything?

--------------------

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: guyute22]
    #22509932 - 11/11/15 03:45 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I added a tablespoon or so of gypsum, about a cup or so of coffee. I would have skipped the coffee, but their was some in the pot next to me so I poured some in. I covered the oats with about 3 to 4 inches of water above the oats. Took a while to get to a good simmer/ boil before I started counting.

I pretty much followed this prep  I may try inoc's prep next. With my work schedule sometimes  I don't know what I am doing one day to the next, so I love the option of soaking or not.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

Edited by NDStepp84 (11/11/15 03:55 PM)

InvisibleKalistis
 User Gallery

#22510028 - 11/11/15 04:05 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I use gypsum too. About a pinch per quart.

--------------------

OfflineGreenHornThumb
Whisperer Of The Myc
Male

#22510063 - 11/11/15 04:14 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NDStepp84 said:
Yes, I added a tablespoon or so of gypsum, about a cup or so of coffee. I would have skipped the coffee, but their was some in the pot next to me so I poured some in. I covered the oats with about 3 to 4 inches of water above the oats. Took a while to get to a good simmer/ boil before I started counting.

I pretty much followed this prep  I may try inoc's prep next. With my work schedule sometimes  I don't know what I am doing one day to the next, so I love the option of soaking or not.

I haven't had any issues with oats so far. I been using gypsum when boiling. Will coffee add any other benefits if combined with it?

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: Big Bear]
    #22510084 - 11/11/15 04:19 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHornThumb said:
I did case it ! Sure do

:kenthumbup:

Quote:

Darkhome said:
I love my WBS...but I'm about to give oats a try...been saying it forever, time to take the plunge...
Glad you are back Gyo! I've been busy myself...tubs stacked. Thanks for your help in the beginning Gyo, U da MAN bro! :bow2:

Oats are the shit. I love all grain spawn except popcorn though so I'm not bias, oats just tend to take my stoner beating a lot better then anything else I've worked with :laugh2:

Quote:

blindingleaf said:
Quote:

taGyo said:
:patriot:

Dehydrator is full as fuck, you guys think these guys will lose potency in 12-24 hrs in teh fridge?

:wizard:

Quote:

MudaFuka said:

Good job buddy. :raisemyglass:

BL and Muda in my thread?

Quote:

Kalistis said:
I have a shit ton of WBS from my first set of jars. I was really happy with the bins just not the prep. I need to either throw the seed in the freezer or do something with it. Probably easier to freeze it until I need it.

I just keep it in the fridge but then again I normally sterilize by the next day or two. I've even left it out in the open for two days, sterilized and inoculated and they were just fine :shrug:. The only time I won't use prepped, non-PC'ed grains is if it has a smell or looks like a rainbow. If mold got a hold of it already that means the nutrition inside the shell has been absorbed and won't help.

Happened to me once:

All that weird looking stuff is mold on my precious, expensive rye berries :sad:
Quote:

Big Bear said:
:popcorn:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: guyute22]
    #22510094 - 11/11/15 04:21 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

guyute22 said:
Quote:

NDStepp84 said:
Thanks, no soak boiled around 40 min until a few burst, loaded when they only left a barely visible small spot on a paper towel. PC'd 2 hours @ 17 psi. They really swelled in the PC, I shook them after I got them out and they almost filled the jar up, lol. First time with oats, so far so good.

Def will keep you posted on the tub, MS agar/3  transfers > grain

great thread!

do you guys add anything to boil water?  gypsum or coffee or anything?

I add a small amount of fresh unused coffee grounds, gypsum and wheat bran.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: GreenHornThumb] * 1
    #22510133 - 11/11/15 04:27 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHornThumb said:
Quote:

NDStepp84 said:

I haven't had any issues with oats so far. I been using gypsum when boiling. Will coffee add any other benefits if combined with it?

Coffee is a great additive, it's just super prone to contams. Just make sure to properly treat it if used in bulk because mold will eat it quicker then mycelium.

I used to use gypsum in my Rye to prevent clumping but in oats I see no reason to, I just save it for the bulk. To get my oats to clump I have to pop 10% of them into a starchy mess and they still colonize just fine :lol:

That AA+ sub is just straight CVG and Mudafuka shared with me that one of his three highest pulls was MS on CVG which just goes to show you don't need to complicate the substrate to much. I'll be adding coffee and wheat to my clones after testing them once again on CVG to see yield differences but off two tubs I pulled a quarter pound. Just weighed out 4 ounces of dry shrooms and I have at least a half left :super:

I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this :lol:, I'll just be over here with my simple subs like

I urge everyone to experiment though :super:, Muda I know you love that wheat bran which is next on my list to get when I run out of oats and have to go to TSC, you think the coffee is making a big difference?

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22510175 - 11/11/15 04:33 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I don't really know if coffee makes a big difference. I've always added coffee and gypsum to my spawn and mostly do it out of habit. It hasn't done me wrong. So I'm just going to keep doing what's always worked. Oh and I don't use CVG anymore. Just CG. Fuck verm. I grew for almoste a year before I ever used verm and my subs did just fine.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Re: Gyo's Better Grows (Community Grow-A-Long) [Re: MudaFuka]
    #22510182 - 11/11/15 04:35 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Having you here is gonna enlighten a lot of people Muda :rockon:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22510214 - 11/11/15 04:40 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

That's awesome Gyo! :rockon:
I've been wanting to experiment with some bran also.

Quick update on the tub day 4

A bit of aerial myc, what's your guys opinion?

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

Plant thread

OfflineGreenHornThumb
Whisperer Of The Myc
Male

#22510219 - 11/11/15 04:42 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So far only did cvg sub and jiffy mix case . Hasn't done me wrong at all. On my second flush and looking nice. I also did an uncased cvg and pins were bigger.

Uncased soda bottle

Second flush cvg cased with jiffy

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22510240 - 11/11/15 04:47 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I think that's a good sign, means you're probably gonna have a great flush if you give it lots of FAE :thumbup:

A little of my method, in the beginning I mist my tubs casing layer and get it a little wet, just wet enough that I can tell its soaked through well but not sopping. Then as the FAE blasts it promotes primordia as the casing layer drys. You can continue this all throughout growth but it's really the most beneficial while you're waiting to see pins.

Theory: Wild mushrooms pop up after rain because the surface humidity of their "casing" has risen and promoted pinning. In practice it seems to work well, that's how I coaxed so many pins out of those AA+ tubs.

I usually stop once I get the pinset I wanted or the pinset I'm gonna get no matter what :laugh2:

@GreenHornThumb

Niiiiice :rockon:

You got plans for a mono there? Here's a little tip, you just learned something about that culture. Some cultures, and very few IMO, don't like casings. It's not so much the CULTURE as the genetic makeup of your specific variety you're working with. If you clone one and take it to a larger tub I'd be interested to see you try a cased vs uncased side-by-side.

I think the uncased would work better :super:

That or you're just learning and getting better and your mushrooms are reflecting that.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22510314 - 11/11/15 05:07 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds great, I would rather give more FAE and compensate with misting also. I am not much of a fan of "dialing in a tub" and not misting, surface humidity and FAE ftw.

Looking good GHT!:super:

--------------------

-Robert A. Heinlein 

Plant thread

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22510323 - 11/11/15 05:10 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I feel the same way. I've never been a fan of set and forget.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22510343 - 11/11/15 05:14 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I just take out my top holes halfway through fruiting and blast them, as long as you keep it humid and are not running a fan directly blowing they do just fine :jah:

I'm always down in my mushroom room anyway since it doubles as the weed garden so one way or another I pop in and say hello.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22510364 - 11/11/15 05:17 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I really like where this thread is headed,

Thanks for being a part of it guys :rockon:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags