Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDustyBottoms
 User Gallery

Loc: TheUnderbelly
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: PNW UW]
    #22456680 - 10/31/15 07:21 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PNW UW said:
Wolf of Wallstreet on mushrooms
it makes you feel like a million bucks; and all the slow-mo Quaalude scenes are great on shrooms.
Ive heard a lot of opposition when i suggest this movie online; but it really is quite a good tripping movie. Its almost entirely rising action; and even the end of the movie basically ends well for jordy. Theres no guns, no death, no real fighting; Mostly just a guy becoming a millionaire and showing his debauchery lifestyle; while doing a ton of drugs

Good call

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDustyBottoms
 User Gallery

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: DustyBottoms]
    #23111574 - 04/12/16 08:18 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I ended up watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure on the tail end of an L trip on Friday night.

This movie was made for tripping right?  It's seriously fucked up, what were my parents thinking allowing me to watch it as a kid?  Great flick on acid though.  I kinda wish I would've stumbled on it during the peak.

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
    #23112334 - 04/13/16 03:01 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I know it's not a movie, but the new Dr Who episodes are great tripping. I've watched them toasted a few times with great pleasure.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleCherub
Stranger
Female

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #23116049 - 04/14/16 06:08 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

John Dies At The End had me laughing so hard.

InvisibleHyperboreanDream
blah blah blah
Male

Loc: Engerland
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Cherub]
    #23129884 - 04/18/16 07:00 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

This is a short animated film about a soul meeting death. Could be an interesting watch on a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkA3sLyEWdU

OfflineMysticMoteToter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Who nose.
    #23129901 - 04/18/16 07:08 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DustyBottoms said:
I can understand and appreciate those that say watching movies while tripping is a waste.  Those that believe this, are you tripping alone or with friends?  When I'm tripping with friends, this isn't necessarily a priority.  However, when I trip alone, this is absolutely how I want to spend my time. 

I fucking love movies sober for starters.  And secondly, I sometimes don't like where my mind wanders when I'm balls deep into a mushroom trip.  Watching the right movie ensures that I stay in the right head space.

It's not the only reason but one of the main reasons I take mushrooms is how it affects me in the days/weeks following a trip.  It's not all about the trip or being "in the moment" of the trip.  It is my medicine. 

Here's a "best movie to watch while tripping" poll for those that are interested in casting a vote: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22385159

exactly dude, do what is fun for you! anyone who has hardcore superstitions/rules about tripping takes it too seriously anyways

--------------------

:zaphod:   :zaphod: 

Half Homo Hardly Sapient
Overview Effect
Fuck War, Feed Birds.

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: MysticMoteToter]
    #23129960 - 04/18/16 07:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Kung fury is a short film that would be out of this world to show someone while they were tripping.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

OfflineEverheat
Stranger
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: LordSenate]
    #23130754 - 04/18/16 01:10 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Wreck it Ralph. Excellent visuals and bright colors throughout. Great story line and excellent characters. This movie made me laugh so hard that my face hurt. Had to keep pausing it to catch all the cool sight gags.
Haunted world of El Superbeasto. An adult cartoon by Rob Zombie. Funny as hell while shroomin.
Any Simpsons episodes are good. They are so b
right and colorful :smile:

Offlinepreds
Stranger

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Everheat]
    #23131000 - 04/18/16 02:47 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Limitless

InvisibleDustyBottoms
 User Gallery

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Supachopped719]
    #23134679 - 04/19/16 05:01 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Supachopped719 said:
Kung fury is a short film that would be out of this world to show someone while they were tripping.

Ha.  For sure.  I kinda wish that my first watch was while tripping. 

The new Mad Max is crazy good while tripping.  I've only watched it on L, not sure if I would enjoy it on a shroom trip.

--------------------

OfflineCM_Funk420
High Toker
 User Gallery

#23134845 - 04/19/16 05:56 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Just saw Hardcore Henry sober I'm pretty sure that movie would be intense tripping bizalls

Offlinepreds
Stranger

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: CM_Funk420]
    #23134885 - 04/19/16 06:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Matrix

Offlinejustsayknow
pansexual pancake!

Loc: MO
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: LordSenate]
    #23134895 - 04/19/16 06:10 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms + James and the giant Peach = Amazingness, especially the rhino part lol

--------------------
Wake up! and bake! Repeat or die! I will put this acid in my eye! silly as a silly bee, now it's my ears and nose that can see! hurdurdurdur Hurdeedee! Hippy crack hippidee! Cough cough cough! sip sip sip, DXM just landed me on a trip! Ho ho ho! hay hay hay! have a nice trip! enjoy your day!

Offlinejustsayknow
pansexual pancake!

Loc: MO
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: justsayknow]
    #23134904 - 04/19/16 06:12 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Beyond the Boundary or psycho pass would be cool animes to watch either that or some Ouran Highschool Hostclub (i've watched lots of Ouran while LSA tripping <3 )

--------------------
Wake up! and bake! Repeat or die! I will put this acid in my eye! silly as a silly bee, now it's my ears and nose that can see! hurdurdurdur Hurdeedee! Hippy crack hippidee! Cough cough cough! sip sip sip, DXM just landed me on a trip! Ho ho ho! hay hay hay! have a nice trip! enjoy your day!

InvisibleDustyBottoms
 User Gallery

Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: justsayknow] * 1
    #23403900 - 07/02/16 11:53 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Do you guys remember that weirdo Bob Ross and his painting television show?  I think it was on back in the mid 80's. 

Well, good news, it's now on Netflix and it is glorious during a trip or on the tail end of a trip. 

He's socially awkward + high as fuck Im sure + ZERO editing = Pure Magic

--------------------

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23404236 - 07/02/16 02:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Bob Ross was an actual prophet caught on camera.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

OfflineHanz
Freak & Gentleman
Male

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Supachopped719]
    #23404347 - 07/02/16 03:01 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

There is that wonderful quote from Bob Ross, a fellow member here on the Shroomery has it in his sig. It says:

"Ever made mistakes in life? Let's make them birds. Yeah, they are birds now."

Whenever I want to feel a little better about my past, I quote this to myself. It always works.

Love, H.

--------------------
Small scale alternative parties rich in empathy and extravagance. Happen to know of one in the vicinity of Amsterdam? PM me my dear fellow. I love to meet some other freaks.

Oh and, if you can,.. embrace the nyctomorph. It needs you.

InvisibleScottish Cake

Loc: United States
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Hanz]
    #23405001 - 07/02/16 07:18 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I typically would only watch a movie when coming down or on a not-fully-psychedelic dose of whatever I'm taking. However there have been some exceptions.

Take note of your dosage and your movie choice, though. Be sure you know what you're doing.

I once took a rather substantial dose of a psychedelic substance while alone, and decided to watch a Disney movie. It was "The Sword in the Stone." At that time, I still had a working VCR, and I had a copy of the movie on VHS.

Except, it was pirated. The way we did that thing when I was a kid. Everyone had a VCR, so when a movie you wanted was going to be on TV, you just taped it. And when you got bored with it, you taped something else over that.

Well, this had been taped from HBO, so it was the full movie without interruptions. I turned the movie on before I was really in the grip of the experience. As I got deeper and deeper into it, my eyes were glued to the little 13" color screen across the room, and EVERYTHING beyond the screen was simply a shifting kaleidoscope of colorful patterns. I more or less had no frame of reference for anything in the world other than that movie. And as Disney movies go, it's an okay one. It was fun to watch, but I more or less felt a part of what I was seeing.

Which was the problem. It was taped on an old cassette tape. So, after the movie, it cut right into a "live" news report about a murderer who had escaped police custody. After about twenty minutes of watching the news unfold, I eventually pieced together that judging by the crummy production quality, the grainy footage, and the fact that the female reporter had big permed hair and was wearing a blazer with shoulder pads, it probably wasn't actually live footage, and there probably wasn't a murderous monster lurking outside my apartment.

Even after realizing the footage was from over a decade earlier (and from a different state) I still kept peeking through my blinds for a further 30 minutes or so, just to make sure!

I guess most of us don't use VCRs anymore, so maybe this isn't such a big threat. But I wouldn't recommend watching the news if you're really tripping!

--------------------
南無阿彌陀佛
南無觀世音菩薩

InvisibleScottish Cake

Loc: United States
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Scottish Cake]
    #23405045 - 07/02/16 07:35 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DustyBottoms said:
Anybody try Jim Henson's "The Dark Crystal"?

I think I would have some fun with this one...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfqINPrSTA0

That's a good one, I saw that while under the influence of HBWR once. Also, while trite and cheesy and probably mentioned multiple times already, you can't go wrong with Yellow Submarine. 2001 is a good bet. I used to watch a lot of cartoons while tripping, and Sealab 2021 was a favorite.

If you like Jim Henson, get some Fraggle Rock on DVD. You won't be sorry! Or it may be on Netflix even, I don't know.

I'm glad to see some Jodorowsky films have been mentioned. I love both El Topo and The Holy Mountain. I think El Topo is the better story, but the Holy Mountain has way more in terms of eye candy. It was designed more or less in an effort to create a disorienting psychedelic feeling in the viewer. Not to serve as a visual representation of an acid trip, but rather to try to create in the viewer a feeling which corresponds closely to a psychedelic experience, even if they are sober. To my mind, it was largely successful in that. The first one or two times you see it, you sort of feel like something happened to you, not like you watched a movie. I haven't seen it while tripping before, but I have it on blu-ray, so maybe I'll give it a go sometime.

I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned Fantastic Planet as far as I've seen. It's a classic psychedelic animated movie. A collaboration of French and Czech artists in 1973, and it's out of this world. The music is pretty awesome, too. Madlib sampled one of the original songs on the first Quasimoto album, and I think I've heard it elsewhere, too.
trailer:

sdtk: 

--------------------
南無阿彌陀佛
南無觀世音菩薩

OfflineSputnik-Spooner
Stranger
Male

Loc: Planet Delmak-O Flag
Re: Movies to watch whilst tripping? [Re: Scottish Cake]
    #23405087 - 07/02/16 07:52 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Led Zep`s "The Song Remains The Same"! Saw it in the theater when it premiered in Montreal(uh, 1977?)and the small group of us were tripping on big, beautiful Cubes of some type. Up till then, I had only tried Pans and had been disappointed by them. The Cubes we ate that night sent us to another plane of being! TSRTS is full of trippy "interpretive" scenes based on LZ`s song imagery
and, of course, concert footage from when the band was at its zenith.

--------------------
"The Internet: A vanity press for the deranged." 

-Erik-Lars Nelson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag