Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: Cowboy Buckie]
    #21909624 - 07/07/15 12:50 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

You're already that far, you can either throw it all out or not lol. Keep doing it man! Waxy stuff is still pretty strong just be hella careful not to get any lye in your product. I'm serious, dangerous health hazard.

Did you lyse the cells by freezing/thawing the bark a few times? you can just PM me if you'd like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCowboy Buckie
General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: Angel_Above]
    #21909986 - 07/07/15 02:34 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I inadvertently got a little of the yellow stuff on my lips and it burned. Is this normal or would it be considered lye contamination?

OfflineCowboy Buckie
General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #21910701 - 07/07/15 05:20 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply angel. How would I make sure I did not get lye in the extract? no I did not freeze bark etc. At this point bark has been in the ley and napth for about 5 days. I am making one draw per day witch is producing a less colored result.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #21927482 - 07/11/15 05:20 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure lye won't vaporize. At least at the temp plant matter burns or dmt vaporize especially.

You can experiment for yourself by try to vape straight lye off foil...

Waxy dmt is just gross but I doubt it's dangerous

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Loc: Above The Clouds Flag
Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: SurReality]
    #22340321 - 10/06/15 09:38 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Saw a good question asked somewhere else online and thought it would be useful discussion here:

"Just speaking hypothetically, let's imagine my cousin had a fair amount of mhrb to get through...  He said he found it very tedious to pull naphtha without getting any lye/water mixed in and he was looking to do more than 100g powder at one time.  Are there any tips on easily pulling clean naphtha that's not so tedious?  I'm pretty sure he has a sep funnel which theoretically would help except wet mhrb is so thick and chunky it would clog the stopcock.  Any ideas on how he could easily and cleanly stb in something larger than a mason jar?"

OfflineSatyr604
Stranger
Male

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: Shpongle1]
    #22363511 - 10/11/15 02:10 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So, I'm going to do my first extract really soon. I'll likely follow this tek since it's concise and very easy to follow. However, I'm planning on a few twists. I do not have a freezer and as such will evap instead of freeze precipitate. Right now, the plan is to go with octane as a solvent since it's much more readily available and cheaper than naphta over here. I was wondering though: would it be possible to pull with methanol? Cheap, DMT is very soluble in it, it evaps quickly and won't stink up my house nearly as bad as octane.. Any thoughts?

--------------------
To do: sclerotia, DMT, mushrooms, LSA, mescaline.

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: Satyr604]
    #22363994 - 10/11/15 03:51 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, it should work fine.  I considered using isopropyl alcohol as well, extract, then basify and work up.  It should work without problems but I've never done it so maybe start small and see if there's any unexpected issues.  Report back with how it goes.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

OfflineSatyr604
Stranger
Male

#22364512 - 10/11/15 05:31 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Thinking about it a bit more, methanol is very miscible with water (both polar). I don't think it would seperate from the lye/bark solution.. No layer to baster off afterwards. I'm no chemist though, so I could be wrong. I'll probably just have to get used to the octane smell.

--------------------

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: Satyr604]
    #22365471 - 10/11/15 08:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

haha well I'm not sure how used to the smell of hydrocarbons you really want to get...  If you're going to do it more than once or twice or be exposed to it for long, I'd get a cheap $20 ventilator mask.  People tend to not worry about that shit but it's really not good shit to be inhaling.  Unless you're curious what Alzrihmer's is like.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
    #22430996 - 10/25/15 09:01 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shpongle1 said:
Unless you're curious what Alzrihmer's is like.

Not being an ass, but is there a link? Perhaps - my other half is an oncology nurse, and cancers have *suspected* causes....

I understand Al'Timer's to be a form of Schizophrenia - dementia praecox, i.e the loss of synapse/neuronal connections..

Quote:

In fact, loss of synapses is a strong predictor of dementia in people with Alzheimer's disease.

Alzheimers.org

--------------------
Not all drugs are good, Some are great.

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: hoodbran]
    #22435560 - 10/26/15 11:24 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Look up organic solvent syndrome.  These things are neurotoxic.  Not only that, but they are bad for many other areas of your body.  Whether or not is specifically causes Alzheimer's I don't know, I didn't mean that literally.  I was just referring to bad things happening from exposure.

--------------------

Offlinetrikom
Stranger
    #22710503 - 12/28/15 07:46 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If this has been answered somewhere in the past 300 pages, my aplogies. 
am having issues with freeze precip step.  Naphtha is quite yellow, after 24 hrs in freezer at -20c, it looks like there are some crystals that formed (hard to see them well as the jar is very clouded/fogged up from freezer) but they don't stick to the jar at ALL!  They all just dump right out with the naphtha.  I have had to repull and refreeze the naphtha 3 or 4 times, always with the same result.  What am I doing wrong?

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: trikom]
    #22710509 - 12/28/15 07:47 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Try evaporation instead

OfflineShpongle1
Male

#22713194 - 12/29/15 01:39 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Just filter!!  There's been numerous times that the crystals crash out like that into a loose layer on the bottom of the glass.  Filter them.  If you have a proper filtration system, that's best, but I'm assuming you don't or you would've thought to use it in this instance. 

You can also use a coffee filter quite easily.  You're probably better off ordering lab filter paper, because you can choose sizes/speeds of the filter (how easily the liquid passes through the filter).  It's cheap and no, it's not watched or anything to worry about.  A coffee filter will probably work fine, although, it does seem like a small portion of the crystals sometimes go through the filter, which really isn't a huge deal, it just annoys me.

Once you filter them off, just leave them on the filter paper to dry.  Let them dry for a little while but them spread them around a bit on the paper.  It will speed up the time to dry them immensely.  When they are all in a pile like that, the middle and bottom take forever to dry.  That's why you spread them around then, to expose as much as you can to air and evaporate it all much quicker.

Then use, ideally, a scalpel to scrape them off of the filter paper and on to a clean service.  I say a scalpel (even though any knife will do) because there will be some powdery crystals that seem imbedded in the filter.  (This is such a small amount of crystal, you'll see it's nothing to be concerned about).  But I just like getting every bit possible, (hence why I get annoyed about the tiny, tiny amount that sometimes goes through the filter) and rubbing a sharp scalpel over the filter seems to get as much of the little loose crystal dust out as possible. 

Anyway, this should work and it's super easy.  You could also try cooling your naphtha down slower, this might help the crystals form better.  If the naptha was warm, let it come to room temperature first, then into the fridge for a good while, then into your freezer, then maybe even turn your freezer up as high as it goes for 12 hours or so.  You should move the jar as carefully as possible between the stages because vibration greatly effects how the crystals form (or whether they form).

Long story short, just filter them off.  You don't need to keep wasting time re-pulling.  If crystals are that important to you (I don't know why they would be, they are so fragile anyway), then just take the filter product and focus more on washing and recrystallization after you actually have your product.  At this stage, there's no reason to keep taking your precipitate and dumping it out and redoing it, you're basically just wasting time for no reason.

--------------------

OfflineSatyr604
Stranger
Male

#22716077 - 12/30/15 07:31 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I still have to say thanks. I just finished my first extraction using largely this method and it was an incredible succes. I got about 1.5 grams out of 100 grams of bark! .5 of that I smoked as freebase, the rest I worked into 1:1 changa with 11x caapi, mugwort and red clover. Both methods have worked very well. The changa is extremely potent, I'm surprised at how little leaf material I need to get where I want to be and beyond. The effects differ quite a bit though. Straight freebase from the machine is, well, more machine-like and electrical. Neon, if you will. Also way shorter, but easier to remember and clearer in the head. And there's the immediate blast-off, of course. The changa seems more hectical, less clear and more 'organic' I guess. It does leave more of an afterglow.

The second 100 gr batch starts today, mostly meant for freebase and pharma. Thanks NB!

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #22720350 - 12/31/15 10:14 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trikom said:
If this has been answered somewhere in the past 300 pages, my aplogies. 
am having issues with freeze precip step.  Naphtha is quite yellow, after 24 hrs in freezer at -20c, it looks like there are some crystals that formed (hard to see them well as the jar is very clouded/fogged up from freezer) but they don't stick to the jar at ALL!  They all just dump right out with the naphtha.  I have had to repull and refreeze the naphtha 3 or 4 times, always with the same result.  What am I doing wrong?

i find freezing twice help the crystals stick together and to the jar. i prefer to wait for it to freeze twice than to mess with a filter. takes long but less of a tedious effort and probably has less product loss. unless you pull the dmt absorbed into the filter... adding to the tedious effort lol

by this i mean allowing to thaw so some/most of the crystals dissolve back. this is similar to seeding crystals by using a string except you use some crystals to seed.

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: SurReality]
    #22721456 - 12/31/15 02:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Dude,make string of crystals like rock candy!:mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinetrikom
Stranger
Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #22744912 - 01/06/16 04:45 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the help, everyone.  I also finally just managed to find bestine in CA, was thinking of just resorting to evap and recrys.  Regardless, I KNOW I have the good stuff in there, just need to manage to get it out as efficiently and cleanly as possible.  Thanks, again.  Been reading and doing homework for a month or two now, very excited to blast off for the first time!  Everyone I have ever heard talk about it, describes it as life-changing.  Can't wait! (Speaking of can't wait, I also have wondered if checking progress and not just forgetting about the freezer jar for a few days is also part of my problem?)

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#22746206 - 01/06/16 09:48 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shpongle1 said:
Saw a good question asked somewhere else online and thought it would be useful discussion here:

"Just speaking hypothetically, let's imagine my cousin had a fair amount of mhrb to get through...  He said he found it very tedious to pull naphtha without getting any lye/water mixed in and he was looking to do more than 100g powder at one time.  Are there any tips on easily pulling clean naphtha that's not so tedious?  I'm pretty sure he has a sep funnel which theoretically would help except wet mhrb is so thick and chunky it would clog the stopcock.  Any ideas on how he could easily and cleanly stb in something larger than a mason jar?"

You need to go acid/base if you want to use a sep funnel dude. You shouldn't be using a mason jar for STB either as for one thing its dangerous (dont use normal glass for chemistry) and secondly its just too small.

I always hated getting the last bit of naphtha out of my conical flask and usually would have to use a sep funnel though I got to dislike doing so and decided to use a syringe instead which can serve as a separation funnel in itself anyway.

If you use a syringe and suck up the naphtha with the base water in order to get every last bit, the base and naphtha will separate out again inside the syringe. They can then be very carefully separated drop by drop.

There are no short cuts though really.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: STB tek and pictorial - UPDATED [Re: wolf8312]
    #24065034 - 02/04/17 12:21 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

So if you have your naptha evaporating and it's getting more crystalized concentration what about rather than doin multiple freeze precipitation and evaporating just adding more naptha but not completely evaporating say like 1/2 the liquid and adding more naptha till you've got it super concentrated then doin a final freeze and EVAP? Or would that not work for some reason and it's better to do multiple small pulls, freeze and evaps?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order