Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXiao_Yi
男主人

Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request)
    #22335269 - 10/04/15 11:36 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I found these while hiking, I believe them to be Ganoderma Lucidium, in fact I'm quite certain they are, however a second opinion never hurts. for reference I'm in east China, not too far from Shanghai.

[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/15-40/402301240-mmexport1444013826997.jpg]

these are some other mushrooms I found, feel free to take a stab at IDing them.

[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request) [Re: Xiao_Yi]
    #22335474 - 10/05/15 01:54 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Compare to:

1. Ganoderma curtsii
2. Phaeolus schweinitzii
3. Coprinopsis atramentaria
4. Maybe Ganoderma applanatum
5. I think that's a cool, possibly active Pluteus species. Did it blue at the base of the stipes?
6.  Laetiporus cincinnatus

OfflineXiao_Yi
男主人

Re: Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request) [Re: The Lightning]
    #22336075 - 10/05/15 08:43 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Earlier today I had just read some material on differentiating the species in the so called "G. Lucidium Complex". Having already chopped up a few of these specimens I myself was suspecting that this is in fact G. curtsii due to the resinous streaks and light colored flesh. I'll also add that these appeard to be growing on a pile of decaying coniferous tree branches.

As for #5 the suspected pluteus sp. there did not appear to be any blue bruising, sadly. I was hoping the rusty-maroon colored spores on the stipe would help narrow this one down.

I really appreciate the help identifying these! I plan to do a lot more hunting around here so there's more to come.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request) [Re: Xiao_Yi] * 1
    #22336290 - 10/05/15 10:15 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: Here's a "key" to try and narrow down which species it could be, but it is U.S.-based:

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/pluteus.html

OfflineXiao_Yi
男主人

Re: Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request) [Re: The Lightning]
    #22338408 - 10/05/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Pluteus leoninus seems to be the most similar of all the species listed there. As you said these are based on North American species so it's not really realistic to get a 100% certain id based on photos. I'll definitely have learn to do a little microscopy, I may be able to get access to the microscopes here at my university. Thanks again!

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #22338839 - 10/05/15 09:46 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Not curtisii! But very very close!!

You have found wild Ganoderma lingzhi!! Very cool. It is the widespread species in China, formerly known as G.lucidum,. G.lingzhi is very closely related to G.curtisii.The only real difference is location and the pore surface of G.lingzhi tends to be a yellow color compared to curtisii.

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

OfflineXiao_Yi
男主人

Re: Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request) [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #22339115 - 10/05/15 11:11 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome! Thanks Mrcloudy, I've read plenty of your posts here and when it comes to ganoderma you are the man as I understand it :laugh:

I do remember reading that in Chinese medicine the yellow pore surface is more desirable when treating certain ailments. I have been interested in trying ganoderma for some time, and although it's widely available for purchase here in China it's difficult to be certain if it's legitimate or not. I've already sliced these up and they're soaking in 130 proof (highest available here) and I plan on doing a double extraction.

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #22343139 - 10/06/15 10:01 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Xiao_Yi said:
Awesome! Thanks Mrcloudy, I've read plenty of your posts here and when it comes to ganoderma you are the man as I understand it :laugh:

I do remember reading that in Chinese medicine the yellow pore surface is more desirable when treating certain ailments. I have been interested in trying ganoderma for some time, and although it's widely available for purchase here in China it's difficult to be certain if it's legitimate or not. I've already sliced these up and they're soaking in 130 proof (highest available here) and I plan on doing a double extraction.

It's really cool to see wild G.lingzhi posted!

Do you mind if I save your photos for future reference?

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

OfflineXiao_Yi
男主人

Re: Mushrooms found in China (Identification Request) [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #22344028 - 10/07/15 04:40 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Feel free to save and use them as you please, I did post them on the internet after all :wink:

Today I went back to the same mountain where these were discovered, spent close to 3 hours crawling up and down hill but didn't come up with any more. Next week I'll be going to a different mountain, I'll be posting whatever I happen to find there.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract