Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineB_random7
Stranger
Male
Grow kit mistake
    #22333069 - 10/04/15 02:43 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So as a noob I didn't do my research well enough and purchased a grow kit mega kit. I was looking for an out of the box set up, which obviously wasn't all it was cracked up to be. My question is this.. I've had my cakes in the fruiting chamber for a week now. I've got the white fuzz growing which I assume is a good sign but everything just kind of stalled and hasn't had any other signs since the first two days. I know patience is key but I'm thinking my fae isn't enough. The kit only has 3 holes drilled on one side and a single hole on another. After reading through the forums, I should have modified it for a SGFC with holes on all sides. But I didn't. So I'm wondering, is there a way to increase the Fae on top of the fanning I already do multiple times a day? Can I simply pull the lid back a little bit to increase air flow? I don't want to pull everything out and drain the perlite to drill more holes. But if I have to I will. I will modify the tub on my next attempt. Just looking for a bandaid so to speak to get the cakes the breathing air they need. Any help is appreciated!

Edited by PussyFart

Reason: Rule #3

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14960167

Edited by PussyFart (10/04/15 03:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

Re: Midwest grow kit mistake [Re: B_random7]
    #22333194 - 10/04/15 03:10 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Pics? I would get to drilling myself, fanning is not FAE. :goodluck:

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
Re: Midwest grow kit mistake [Re: NDStepp84]
    #22333273 - 10/04/15 03:32 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Pics would definitely help...

Not sure what you mean by "drain the perlite".

Is there standing water in the container or something?

Doesn't sound right anyways.

Check out the link in my signature for the vids.
If you decide to stay with the hobby, then purchasing the full-length videos is a great investment and reference tool. Plus, the downloadable version is only like $10.

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

OfflineB_random7
Stranger
Male
Re: Grow kit mistake [Re: B_random7]
    #22333307 - 10/04/15 03:45 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I will add some pics once I get back home for some reference. There isn't any standing water in the tub. I just meant draining the perlite because I'd have to take everything out to drill holes on the bottom of the FC. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying that fanning isn't FAE. Like I said, this is my first time grow and I try to research everything I can at this point before asking questions that have been answered a million times. Pics to come shortly.

Offlineinvitro

#22333504 - 10/04/15 04:35 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

The midwest grow kit set up is different design than a SGFC.  It's probably best to choose one method or the other, and not to incorporate aspects of both.  The midwest kit has an airpump right?  That would not work in conjuction with a SGFC.

I would ditch both methods and grow stones because it's more forgiving in terms of when you harvest etc..

OfflineB_random7
Stranger
Male
Re: Grow kit mistake [Re: invitro]
    #22333750 - 10/04/15 05:37 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Correct, this grow kit does come with an air pump but I've ditched it because the condensation was steadily dripping off the lid and pooling on top of the cakes. The humidity level has maintained in the high 90's with out it so I figured it was ok. Here's are some pic to help with any advice. Thanks again.

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
    #22333769 - 10/04/15 05:40 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yeah... Def go with Making that into a sgfc ...

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22333792 - 10/04/15 05:42 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:whathesaid:, definitely worth the time of taking everything out, would make a world of difference. Just follow the link in my signature.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

OfflineB_random7
Stranger
Male
Re: Grow kit mistake [Re: NDStepp84]
    #22333842 - 10/04/15 05:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. I will be doing this asap. Can I just put the same perlite directly back into the FC after drilling the holes? Or should I just play it safe and put fresh stuff in there?

Invisiblejbaby007
Badass
I'm a teapot

#22333850 - 10/04/15 05:58 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Same perlite is fine. Just make sure it's moist. If you need to, rinse under water and strain it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix