Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Today in Magic (the Gathering)
    #22302643 - 09/28/15 12:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hey all you magic players!
I'm sure there are a few of you beside just me.

This thread is dedicated to talking about how does day went as far magic.
Kinda like a like LNC for magic players.
How did you do in draft? Got together to play with friends, how did that go? How'd you do in tournament? Open anything super sweet from packs recently?
Just that typea stuff.

I've been playing since 7th edition when I was a younggin living in Utah.
Since then I've been playing on and off for years at a time,
But recently as I've been more and more involved in the local community I've more and more found myself a daily magic player between drafting Monday, Wednesday, Friday, EDH Saturday and Tuesday and private drafts and EDH on off days, so I decided to make this thread.

Gonna be going to a private Zendikar draft later today me and my friends are putting together with the packs we won from the sealed Zendikar prerelease this weekend.
So that will be a lot of fun drafting Zendikar a full week before everyone else who has to wait till the 2rd to buy packs.
I'll let you guys know how I do in a bit!

Hope this thread sparks some interest.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: SARAtonin]
    #22302901 - 09/28/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I missed the prerelease party at our local game shop but I will probably be picking up some packs if the shop owner is willing to let them go early. I haven't played regularly in 15 years but I've been getting back into for the last month or so.

--------------------
Anything posted by me is either hypothetical or completely fictional and is for entertainment only.

All trades available are legal and for microscopy or other legal uses only. I am a collector and I do not condone the growing or using of illegal substances.

My Trade List

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: DocShroom]
    #22303315 - 09/28/15 03:00 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Nice! I highly doubly they will let them go early but you never know!
I'm really good friends with the people at my local shop and they wouldn't even let me get a booster box before the 2nd.

What brought you back?

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
    #22304557 - 09/28/15 06:56 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Oddly enough a yard sale... I bought a bunch of Warhammer stuff and about 500 magic cards so I am fully committed to playing both and have started gathering masses of cards and army miniatures.

--------------------
Anything posted by me is either hypothetical or completely fictional and is for entertainment only.

All trades available are legal and for microscopy or other legal uses only. I am a collector and I do not condone the growing or using of illegal substances.

My Trade List

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Texas
    #22304715 - 09/28/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I just started playing this actually. I moved out into the country recently, like way out but, my son just started playing w his friends and it's something we can do when he's here.

He's been kicking my ass tho so I stopped by a shop today and bought some fliers to get after him. I'm not a big gaming guy but I am a nerd so collecting the cards and building decks has def peaked my interest.

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: airclay]
    #22306845 - 09/29/15 07:00 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DocShroom said:
Oddly enough a yard sale... I bought a bunch of Warhammer stuff and about 500 magic cards so I am fully committed to playing both and have started gathering masses of cards and army miniatures.

Nice! I was extreamly lucky years back at a garage sale when I scored over 1000 alpha-ice age cards for $100.
Never been one for war hammer, I've always been a swords and spells girl.

Quote:

airclay said:
I just started playing this actually. I moved out into the country recently, like way out but, my son just started playing w his friends and it's something we can do when he's here.

He's been kicking my ass tho so I stopped by a shop today and bought some fliers to get after him. I'm not a big gaming guy but I am a nerd so collecting the cards and building decks has def peaked my interest.

Hahaha awesome!
What type of deck is your son running?
I might be able to give you some tips on how to counter him. :hehe:

--------------------

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

#22306935 - 09/29/15 07:39 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I had a pretty good time last night private drafting Battle for Zendikar!

I met some friends at Dungeons and drafts, a local DnD bar and played a 5 round draft for a pool of 20 packs.

At first it looked like I was gonna go green black because I pulled a blood god pack one, but very quickly I realized black wasn't gonna be an option because everyone else was pulling all the black cards so I hard switched into drafting a blue red.
I managed to throw togather a pretty decent deck that did a bunch of passive direct damage and very good control plus this card that gave me an extra turn I got to use almost very game, so I ended up going 3-2 and winning 4 packs.

It was my wife Liliths first time drafting and she actually dis pretty well for herself based off how good all my friends are.
She only went 1-4 but drafting takes a while to get used to and she had fun.

Then later today my friend is hosting some EDH, so I'll probably be over there tonight for a good 8 hours lol.

--------------------

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22307265 - 09/29/15 09:38 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:

Quote:

airclay said:

Hahaha awesome!
What type of deck is your son running?
I might be able to give you some tips on how to counter him. :hehe:

a green blue one, before I really know it he's got these big dudes out there. I've got a black red going but, I'm still learning burn,discard and all that so I figure I've got a bit to learn.

but any help is much appreeshed!

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

#22307366 - 09/29/15 10:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm to be honest blue green isn't a deck I come up against too often.

But if he's playing it right he probably has tons of mana ramp into really big high cost green creatures and green spells to pump those creature up.
And a lot of blue control in there like counter spells and stuff that will bounce things back to your hand, and probably some draw effects.

I'd say that were onto something with discards. Discard cards would be really useful because hot having a hand in a green/blue deck really throws a wrench into thing and you wanna make sure he has as few counterspells to throw at you as possible.
If also look into throwing in as many kill cards as you such as "murder" or "heros downfall." To kill any fatties he brings out to the field.

He'll probably have quite a few blue flyers in there to respond to the flyer you got yesterday.
Blue usually controls the air and there aren't too many big flyers in black or red besides dragon, but I might look into picking up a vampire nighthawk or two.

And just look to be as aggressive as you can early on because his deck will take a few turns to really get going and red has a very quick start so try to get him down as far down as you can before he reached turn 5 when his deck should start picking up steam.

--------------------

Edited by SARAtonin (09/29/15 10:37 AM)

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22310524 - 09/29/15 07:39 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yeah you're p spot on w his deck. I stopped by this gaming store that had boxes and boxes of cards today so I picked up chandra's ignition, blazing hellhound and touch of moonglove which could be a powerful combo, maybe. Also typhoid rat for death touch and damn I forget but another cheap flying guy with lifelink.

--------------------

OfflineMrSturgill
I'm a damn genuis! Just ask me
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
    #22316920 - 10/01/15 12:00 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Just played the new battle for zendikar pre-release friday night and it was pretty sweet. Pulled a gideon so i played white/green allies. it was a really solid deck but i got mana screwed a few games (lol figures right? finally pull awesome cards but my deck doesn't want to cooperate -.- ) anyone else participate in the madness? would've loved to pull one of those expeditions!

--------------------
All You Need
and
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Shroomery

Read, read, read some more, don't consider anything has been read until everything has been read, then go back and read it again.

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: MrSturgill]
    #22322591 - 10/02/15 08:30 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MrSturgill said:
Just played the new battle for zendikar pre-release friday night and it was pretty sweet. Pulled a gideon so i played white/green allies. it was a really solid deck but i got mana screwed a few games (lol figures right? finally pull awesome cards but my deck doesn't want to cooperate -.- ) anyone else participate in the madness? would've loved to pull one of those expeditions!

I didn't pull any fetch lands at the prerelease but I'm buying 5 booster boxes today so fingers crossed.
How'd you do? Allies are super strong. I went 3-1-1 with my black/white ally deck at pre-release.
What promo did you get? I got a felidar sovereign which is always great.
And if you don't mind asking how many lands did you play with?
Because you should really never be getting mana screwed at drafts/events.
General rule of thumb for them is 17 lands in a 40 card deck, never keep unless you have at least 3 lands but don't mul past 5.
And that new scry rule is your friend.

--------------------

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

#22323284 - 10/02/15 11:55 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I was out at my friends playing EDH until 4:30 in the morning both Tuesday and Wednessday night.

Then today Battle for Zendikar is officially released!
My wife and I are sitting on 10 booster boxes right now. (7 mine, 3 hers)

Right now we are just sitting at the Haunted Game Cafe drinking chia tea with some friends cracking pack after pack after pack.
Already pulled two plains walkers and I havn't even finished my first booster box yet, but no fetch lands yet.

I might put togather a private draft tonight at Friday night magic with one of my unopened booster boxes, but I'd seriously kick myself if someone pulled one of those lands from the box.

--------------------

OfflineMrSturgill
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22333371 - 10/04/15 03:59 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

i ended up goin 3-3 but still got top half and 2 packs =D  i was actually playing with 18 land in a 41 card deck because my mana curve wasn't the greatest.

I probably didn't shuffle well enough

--------------------
All You Need
and

Read, read, read some more, don't consider anything has been read until everything has been read, then go back and read it again.

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22334440 - 10/04/15 07:52 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

what is edh?

I know I could google, and I prob will but, I'd rather read further into with a base idea going in.

--------------------

OfflineMrSturgill
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22334510 - 10/04/15 08:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

elder dragon highlander. i think most people call it commander now. It's a game play variation. You build a deck of 100 cards, choosing a legendary creature as your commander. Your deck can only contain cards of colors that your commander has and no 2 cards with the same name. you start with 40 life. your commander starts in the "command zone" and can be cast like a normal creature. every subsequent cast from the command zone costs (2) more.

Super fun game to play if you have a shit ton of old cards sitting around. Meant to be more of a casual game play experience instead of competitive focusing more on creative duck building.

for more info i would deff just google it, that's just what i could think of off the top of my head and might not be %100 accurate.

--------------------
All You Need
and

OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
    #22337348 - 10/05/15 03:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

What did you guys pay for your Booster Boxes? I am planning to buy one but my local shop is hit and miss on their pricing so I'd like to see what others are paying.

They want $120 a box (36 booster packs). Is this the same thing you have all been buying?

--------------------

My Trade List

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

#22337521 - 10/05/15 04:12 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I bought mine for about $120 each aswell.

I've been told all the retailers are selling both booster boxes as well as fat packs for $10 extra. ($60 fat packs)
And I was also led to believe that this was the retailers choice and Wizards of the Coast is not responsible.

What EDH decks are you guys currently using?
I've been enjoying using my Oona, Teysa, and Sheoldred decks and my wife has been enjoying kicking my ass with her Rubinia and kruphix decks.

--------------------

OfflineMrSturgill
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22338721 - 10/05/15 09:18 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah $120 sounds about right

--------------------
All You Need
and

OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
    #22354262 - 10/09/15 11:16 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Alright guys I have to know did anyone pull anything super valuable out of their boosters? I am picking up two fat packs today but I am yet to hear of anyone getting cards that made up for the cost.

--------------------

My Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates