Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK]
    #22291786 - 09/26/15 04:11 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249115/Amazed-police-FOREST-cannabis-size-football-pitch-plants-towering-officers-growing-south-London.html

Quote:

25 September 2015

Amazed police find a FOREST of cannabis the size of a football pitch with plants towering over officers growing in south London

• Officers came across tall plants in Kingston upon Thames just a few streets away from university halls on Thursday
  • Discovery was made after a member of the public said they had seen a small number of the plants in the area
  • Images of dozens of marijuana plants were posted on Twitter by officers and the local neighbourhood watch group

These are the spectacular images of a 'cannabis forest' the size of a football pitch discovered by police in south west London.

Officers came across around 150 of the tall plants in Kingston upon Thames just a few streets away from university halls of residence and a sixth-form college on Thursday morning.

Images of marijuana were posted on Twitter by officers, with the photographs showing some of the class B plants standing at more than 6ft tall.

These are the spectacular images of a 'cannabis forest' the size of a football pitch discovered by police in south west London

The Grove Safer Neighbourhood team wrote alongside the pictures: 'An interesting find on Grove ward. We’re going on a bear hunt! #TheseAren’tXmasTrees #saynotodrugs.'

Two sergeants later tweeted: 'Welcome to the leafy suburbs of Kingston!'

And Kingston Police’s official account added: 'Called to a few cannabis plants. We found a forest!'

PC Sarah Henderson, of the Metropolitan Police, described the plants as 'like a small forest of Christmas trees'.

Officers came across the tall plants in Kingston upon Thames just a few streets away from university halls of residence and a sixth-form college on Friday morning

An officer poses in the middle of the plants in photographs that were later posted to the Grove Safer Neighbourhood team's Twitter account with the caption: 'An interesting find on Grove ward. We’re going on a bear hunt! #TheseAren’tXmasTrees #saynotodrugs'

She said: 'The area these plants were growing on was the size of a football pitch, it looked like a small forest of Christmas trees and was complete with a gazebo.

'Whoever set this up used a really remote spot; the only way to get there was a 20 minute walk through wasteland.

'But all their time, trouble and gardening skills will go unrewarded, as the whole lot will now be destroyed by police.'

The discovery in a residential area came after a member of the public said they had seen a small number of the plants.

A stone and marble wholesaler who lives nearby spoke of his surprise after learning that a cannabis forest was growing on his doorstep.

Matt Leary, 30, who works for Gerald Culliford Ltd, said: 'I am very surprised. We are very much tucked away in the suburbs.

'My boss hadn't heard about it either. It is a bit of a concern. Our customers haven't mentioned it.

'It's very shocking and I haven't been aware of other serious crime in the area. Who knows where it came from.

'It could be linked to gang problems and that's why it is a concern.'

A young Sikh woman, who did not wish to be named, said she was not completely surprised the cannabis had been discovered.

The woman, who lives in Surbiton, Kingston, said: 'Of course it's upsetting that this has been happening so near [to a] temple.

'Obviously it is shocking to hear about but not completely surprising.

The discovery in a residential area came after a member of the public said they had seen a small number of the plants

Images of marijuana stretching as far as the eye can see were posted on Twitter by officers, with one showing a green marquee stood in the middle of the field

'There are a few crime issues in this area and the temple has been broken in a few times since I have been attending.'

It is illegal in the UK to use cannabis as it is a class B drug.

The maximum sentence for supplying and producing cannabis is 14 years in prison plus an unlimited fine. Meanwhile, possession carries a maximum sentence of five years and an unlimited fine.

The drug, which used to be Class C, was reclassified in 2009, with the new law receiving criticism it was 'illogical'.

The Government recently revealed it has no plans to legalise cannabis or change its approach to its use as medicine.

The Metropolitan Police said no arrests had been made. The inquiry continues.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaughingcowwa
Your mum loves it.
Male

Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #22291848 - 09/26/15 04:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That's a big find, spewing if the was your cash crop. Some nice looking plants there.

--------------------
Those who doubt me, suck cock by choice

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: Laughingcowwa] * 1
    #22292409 - 09/26/15 09:20 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it's illegal unless it's made by GW parmaceuticals as sativex and then somehow magically it's a really good medicine for MS patients (who say it's not as good as unaltered cannabis)

Look at the shit eating grins on their faces. I bet they're all rubbing some hash off of those plants.

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #22292514 - 09/26/15 09:47 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yep they prevented zero overdoses with this bust. Good job :thumbup:

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #22292772 - 09/26/15 10:39 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The police actually seem pretty cool in this town, it's the growers who deserve the ridicule.
Look at the last picture; a big walking trail, a marqui tent, a building in the background! :facepalm:
if this was in US you can bet they would have setup a sting operation to bust the students.

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: ellomello]
    #22292949 - 09/26/15 11:14 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Good point:whathesaid:

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: ellomello]
    #22293608 - 09/26/15 01:23 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ellomello said:
The police actually seem pretty cool in this town, it's the growers who deserve the ridicule.
Look at the last picture; a big walking trail, a marqui tent, a building in the background! :facepalm:
if this was in US you can bet they would have setup a sting operation to bust the students.

Yeah.

"'Whoever set this up used a really remote spot; the only way to get there was a 20 minute walk through wasteland."

A 20 minute walk? Yeah, that's really "remote."

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

OfflineHardTrippin
The Ambivalent
Male

Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: LSDaytripper] * 1
    #22293780 - 09/26/15 01:50 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if it was meant to be found. I mean look at the location. Wasn't it England where that organization started up that had planned to plant cannabis all over the place to show how ridiculous it is to prohibit marijuana? Maybe it was even one of those people who called it in for the press coverage...

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: HardTrippin] * 1
    #22294272 - 09/26/15 03:50 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

You mean the "bird feeding" movement?
:wink:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #22297573 - 09/27/15 09:36 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LSDaytripper said:
Quote:

ellomello said:

Yeah.

"'Whoever set this up used a really remote spot; the only way to get there was a 20 minute walk through wasteland."

A 20 minute walk? Yeah, that's really "remote."

For the UK that is really remote, this country is tiny and completely full, I don't think people in the US/Canada etc realise how lucky they are, and I don't think anywhere near enough people take advantage of the space they have. I can't believe no one ever started growing poppies in the US to be honest.

There aren't really even any forests left in the UK, an area a couple of miles across here would be large, and old growth woodland is almost non-existent. A one bedroom apartment costs about $250,000 in a lot of places, if not more. This country is fucked, God knows why so many people want to continue moving here. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I had the means.

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: egodeathflux]
    #22298699 - 09/27/15 01:52 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

egodeathflux said:

This country is fucked, God knows why so many people want to continue moving here. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I had the means.

This reminds me of a story: A guy  was scouting around for somewhere to move. He came to a town, got out of his car and started walking around to check things out. He came to a park where there was an old man sitting on a bench. He sat down next to the old guy, told him of his quest, and asked him what kind of town this was. The old man asked him: "What is it like where you live now?" The guy said: "Horrible. The people are no good. The oficials are corrupt. The weather is lousy." The old guy nodded and said: "That is what you will find here too."

--------------------
My father used to say: I don't care what else you do in life, just don't be an asshole. People, forgive me when I forget what my daddy said.

Cut back the proliferating list of people whose opinions can hurt you. Unless they have done or want to do you some good, their views are just not worth tracking.
Saul Bellow

“People are just cannibals unless they leave each other alone.” Doris Lessing

Those whom the gods would save, they dower with compassion. Mr. P.  Silocybin

Edited by champinhom (09/27/15 01:54 PM)

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: champinhom]
    #22300789 - 09/27/15 10:07 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The maximum sentence for supplying and producing cannabis is 14 years in prison plus an unlimited fine

:facepalm:

OfflineEnemaOfState
Chief
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: P-O]
    #22301534 - 09/28/15 06:59 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like the work of

:lahey: :bubbles: 

Ugh, not enough TPB smileys

--------------------
A Pretty Big Grizmatik Undergroundzies Conspiracy

Too weird to live.
Too rare to die.

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: EnemaOfState]
    #22305921 - 09/28/15 11:24 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

It still looks like a nice place to grow a plant or two, they got greedy. You would surprised what you can grow in the suburbs of a city. There are still places no one goes even in UK.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #22314446 - 09/30/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:

'It's very shocking and I haven't been aware of other serious crime in the area.

The only serious crime was putting up a fucking gazebo, which no doubt alerted the nosy passerby to have a better look around.

OfflineAEL1911
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Japan
Re: Police find a forest of cannabis the size of a football pitch [UK] [Re: blackout]
    #22317719 - 10/01/15 07:44 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

The first cop looks blazed and the 2nd looks like he's smiling.  Are we sure that it isn't their grow or that they sampled too much product?

--------------------
Check out some fungi in Japan!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals