Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMescalean
Burke is love, burke is life.

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: InfiniteToker]
    #22184780 - 09/03/15 08:13 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You'll show muscle definition at 12-13 if you put on actual muscle mass at 13 percent you can see my top 4 abs and a little bit of that v shit thats like yo that my dick down there.  8 is competition shit and imo not healthy.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfiniteToker
Devourer of Chicken Wings
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: Mescalean]
    #22188900 - 09/04/15 04:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I hear ya, i honestly want to be able to take my shirt off again with confidence...it's such a small thing but its something we bigger guys (some of us) don't feel comfortable doing. 

I want to be on the level where others compliment me on my physique- noticeable results.

--------------------

"I'm chilling in a room with a view, there's always room for improvement; so i grab my coat and go and prove it"-Method Man

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger

#22191467 - 09/05/15 05:38 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Im right their with you I_T.

Its so good for the confidence level when you finally see girls checking you out again. Small stuff like that gives me even more motivation.:sunny:

OfflineInfiniteToker
Male

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #22191731 - 09/05/15 08:23 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

thanks man and keep being motivated. I hope you accomplish your goals as well.

Its hardwork but I want my goal physique badly.  You feel like a shadow of your former self.  One day you look in the mirror and are just like. "what the fuck ". 

Thank you for everyone that has provided insight/ advice.  Keep it coming please. Because there is more than one way to skin a deer so to speak...

--------------------

"I'm chilling in a room with a view, there's always room for improvement; so i grab my coat and go and prove it"-Method Man

OfflineAkeldama

#22201825 - 09/07/15 12:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

like said before--water, water, water.  that's all you need. 
whole food, plant-based diet. seriously, cut out meat.  have a good attitude and good will follow

OfflineInfiniteToker
Male

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: Akeldama]
    #22201864 - 09/07/15 12:31 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

cut out meat?  Im not opposed to eat but i love the stuff.  i've been eating healthier meat like grilled chicken breast.  could you be so kind as to elaborate on why you think a plant based diet is best?  I just don't know a whole lot about it, thank you.

--------------------

OfflineMatt87
Male User Gallery
Loc: Tennessee
Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: InfiniteToker] * 1
    #22202063 - 09/07/15 01:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That's nonsense. Eat mostly meat! Grilled chicken and salmon!

--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

OfflineAkeldama

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: InfiniteToker] * 2
    #22202168 - 09/07/15 01:34 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

InfiniteToker said:
cut out meat?  Im not opposed to eat but i love the stuff.  i've been eating healthier meat like grilled chicken breast.  could you be so kind as to elaborate on why you think a plant based diet is best?  I just don't know a whole lot about it, thank you.

Yeah, meat tastes good, but simply put, our bodies aren't exactly made for meat.  When we cut it out, and start eating whole, our body naturally starts to cure itself.  Now you have to become educated on the subject before you completely cut meat out, otherwise you'll feel you have no options. 

As for me, about a year and a half ago I started to cut meat from my diet--I only ate meat when I was at my parent's house (mom cooks good), or when I went out.  I'm not a big guy, but since I've cut out meat and--for about two months now--completely given it up, I've lost a lot of weight, am my natural size, and my muscles have naturally toned to optimal performance.  More energy, more control of my choices and options, and more happiness in general.

http://yumuniverse.com/learn-more-about-a-plant-based-diet/

http://sweetnaturalliving.com/faq/

OfflineInfiniteToker
Male

#22204513 - 09/07/15 09:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I will read up on them, thank-you for your insight!

--------------------

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
    #22204584 - 09/07/15 09:20 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Akeldama said:
Quote:

InfiniteToker said:

Yeah, meat tastes good, but simply put, our bodies aren't exactly made for meat.  When we cut it out, and start eating whole, our body naturally starts to cure itself.  Now you have to become educated on the subject before you completely cut meat out, otherwise you'll feel you have no options. 

As for me, about a year and a half ago I started to cut meat from my diet--I only ate meat when I was at my parent's house (mom cooks good), or when I went out.  I'm not a big guy, but since I've cut out meat and--for about two months now--completely given it up, I've lost a lot of weight, am my natural size, and my muscles have naturally toned to optimal performance.  More energy, more control of my choices and options, and more happiness in general.

Incorrect, our bodies are specifically designed to be able to derive amino acids for protein synthesis from animal based protein sources.

Doesn't mean that it should be the only source of protein for your body, most people get more protein than they can use and an excess of fat from the meat.

We are omnivores, not one or the other. Most people think they are in better health because they get more muscle definition from cutting out animal protein, it is actually the opposite. We need a layer of both 8-10% white fat and "brown fat" to have our muscles work at optimal levels and our metabolism to be functioning correctly.

The idea of a sculpted physique as the picture of health is flawed, it serves only as an example of vanity.

Water, whole food sources, exercise, and mental stimulation are key. The intricacies complicate things (such as supplementation or restrictive diets) unless you are looking for something specific, not just general overall health.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

OfflineAkeldama

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #22204996 - 09/07/15 10:43 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yukon Cornelius said:
Quote:

Akeldama said:
Quote:

InfiniteToker said:

Incorrect, our bodies are specifically designed to be able to derive amino acids for protein synthesis from animal based protein sources.

Doesn't mean that it should be the only source of protein for your body, most people get more protein than they can use and an excess of fat from the meat.

We are omnivores, not one or the other. Most people think they are in better health because they get more muscle definition from cutting out animal protein, it is actually the opposite. We need a layer of both 8-10% white fat and "brown fat" to have our muscles work at optimal levels and our metabolism to be functioning correctly.

The idea of a sculpted physique as the picture of health is flawed, it serves only as an example of vanity.

Water, whole food sources, exercise, and mental stimulation are key. The intricacies complicate things (such as supplementation or restrictive diets) unless you are looking for something specific, not just general overall health.

Our bodies are specifically designed to to extract protein sources from anything we put in our body...doesn't mean it's a good thing...The body works harder and uses up more calcium to extract the amino acids for animal based protein sources as opposed to plants,  which leads to osteoporosis, for example.  Countries that eat the most meat have the lowest bone strength..

I'm not disagreeing with you cause you are right about the keys; water, whole food, exercise, and mental stimulation.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger

#22206214 - 09/08/15 08:49 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I absolutely disagree with the no meat thing.

Maybe good for some people but its an absolute no for me. I love protein and meat:thumbup:

OfflineMescalean

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: InfiniteToker] * 1
    #22208269 - 09/08/15 04:57 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

InfiniteToker said:
I hear ya, i honestly want to be able to take my shirt off again with confidence...it's such a small thing but its something we bigger guys (some of us) don't feel comfortable doing. 

I want to be on the level where others compliment me on my physique- noticeable results.

Dont look at being a bigger guy as a bad thing, smaller guys may usually be cut but its rare they get any serious size. I'm six one 210 lbs and 10-12 percent right now. I actually get more compliments than my buddies who are 5'5" with a six pack. Always get asked "who i play for"

dont stress the super low BF BS

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineEDM
Stranger

#22208375 - 09/08/15 05:28 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Osteoporosis seems to be your main argument against meat. A very weak one at that and not worth it IMO.

--------------------
Yahweh is lying to you... I will show you the way. Trust me.

OfflineAkeldama

Re: Getting into shape- nutritional advice needed [Re: EDM]
    #22208453 - 09/08/15 05:47 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EDM said:
Osteoporosis seems to be your main argument against meat. A very weak one at that and not worth it IMO.

it was just one example on the top of my head.  if anyone is really interested there, are thousands of resources to look up online that can provide a plethora of professional, scientific, historical-cultural examples of the benefits of switching from a meat based diet to a plant based one much better than I...who is just one man who has had personal benefits from eliminating meat from my diet.  no preaching here.

OfflineEDM
Stranger

#22209187 - 09/08/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

There is quite a difference from a meat based diet to a diet that involves meat. It almost looks like your arguing eating purely meat vs not eating meat at all. I doubt that is what you mean however.  Historical-cultural example.... You mean evolution, biology, and anthropology? Those scientific views all point to humans being partial meat eaters.

I will agree with your self acknowledgement of your experience switching to being vegetarian only because that is a subjective point of view. I cannot argue that, maybe it really has given you endless benefits.

--------------------

OfflineMescalean

#22209225 - 09/08/15 08:18 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've tried plant based and meat based. Why do I seem to gain more quality mass and strength on a meat based diet

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineEDM
Stranger

#22209246 - 09/08/15 08:22 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Why do I seem to gain more quality mass and strength on a meat based diet

The answer is simple: Meat is more. Seriously, meat contains just about everything you need to build muscle. This is such a basic answer but very true.

--------------------

OfflineMescalean

#22209259 - 09/08/15 08:24 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EDM said:
Quote:

Why do I seem to gain more quality mass and strength on a meat based diet

The answer is simple: Meat is more. Seriously, meat contains just about everything you need to build muscle. This is such a basic answer but very true.

i was being a smart ass lol, keep them real gainz coming brother.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineInfiniteToker
Male

#22209572 - 09/08/15 09:36 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yea bud but im 5 ft 6 in. I know in the military my max weight for my height was 160. I'm not sure on the healthy weight for that height is for  "civilians".  I just know i got a belly and I want it gone. 

just on here trying to learn from all of you and take everything into consideration.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom