Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKenneth
Psychonaut
organic chemistry
    #22183681 - 09/03/15 04:15 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone know of good places where i can learn organic chemistry? Feel free to put any info you have

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledizzy_simmons
Detective
Other

Loc: Interzone
Re: organic chemistry [Re: Kenneth]
    #22183684 - 09/03/15 04:16 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Have you tried your local community college?

--------------------
UNDO YOUR DOMESTICATION

Looking for:
***The Land of the Free***

Ps. caerulipes  Ps. cubensis  Ps. cyanescens  Ps. ovoideocystidiata  Pan. cinctulus  Pan. cyanescens

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

Loc: TX
    #22183692 - 09/03/15 04:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dizzy_simmons said:
Have you tried your local community college?

Some local libraries have organic chemistry textbooks.  You can also look up some lessons on youtube.

There's a thread on this forum about organic chemistry

Even erowid has some good info on chemistry.

Edited by ONE OZ SLUG (09/08/15 04:38 PM)

OfflineKenneth
Psychonaut
Re: organic chemistry [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #22184097 - 09/03/15 06:03 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

ok thanks i am in highschool so college really isnt a option at the moment i will try to pick up some textbooks and see what i can do the only problem i have is when i read stuff like that i lose interest quickly and keep on reading while my mind is going other places

OfflineUrist
The Dwarf
Male User Gallery

Loc: A Dwarf Fortress
    #22208196 - 09/08/15 04:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You can take college classes while you're in high school, they don't care. Hell you can take the lecture part of the class without even paying if the class is big enough. Also you won't get punished for doing poorly in the class if you end up not being good at it...O-Chem is a bitch from what I've heard.

--------------------

OfflineKenneth
Psychonaut
Re: organic chemistry [Re: Urist]
    #22208205 - 09/08/15 04:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

How do you go about doing that?

OfflineUrist
The Dwarf
Male User Gallery

Loc: A Dwarf Fortress
    #22208216 - 09/08/15 04:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kenneth said:
when i read stuff like that i lose interest quickly and keep on reading while my mind is going other places

Also, this sounds a lot like ADHD. The same exact thing happens to me, even if the subject matter is interesting to me. I am formally diagnosed and being treated with Adderall, it still only helps a little.

Quote:

Kenneth said:
How do you go about doing that?

You can just register for classes at a community college whenever you want, but you can also just look up the classes for a local community college or even a University and just show up. Usually the professor won't notice or care. You just can't do this for the labs, only lectures.

--------------------

OfflineKenneth
Psychonaut
Re: organic chemistry [Re: Urist]
    #22208451 - 09/08/15 05:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

have you done this before? and i have never thought about that i might have ADHD but i have been wanting to try some intellect seeds or other herbs to help with this problem

OfflineDew Moss
Mysterious Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #22238478 - 09/14/15 08:23 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I'm currently in community college and while I'm actually paying, not paying would be easy. But it doesn't show up on any record so you cant write that you have taken ochem classes on your resume.

So here is a field guide:
First only go to classes you want, and if you get in a conversation about classes talk about classes you don't want, like english or math, act like you are really going there and enrolled, bring a backpack and a notebook for notes.

When and if they are passing around a sign-in sheet, act like you are writing something down, then pass it on. If they have you sign in at the door, same shit, but if someone is standing over your shoulder act like its on the other page or just not on there and say whatever.

You will feel out of place as I presume you are in the teens, alot of these people are in their twenties and thirties, but remember they are just as smart as you. Don't feel discouraged.

If you can get your parents or can raise funds to pay for the classes, do it. But remember plenty of classes have pre-requisites, especially ochem, you will probably need a chemistry class so you may just want to resort to 'crashing' the class. If you can pay, I would honestly say don't and and do the chem class so that when you are going into college in a year or two you have a credit so you can go straight into ochem.

Another thing to remember is each class is only a semester, so its easy to take a couple classes each year while still in highschool, just don't over do it, and make sure you arn't scheduling a class for when you are at school unless you can get your school to sign off on it.

Either way you do it, formal education is a lot better in the job market then informal. But having fun is always the key, and if you can have fun informally auditing classes, then you will be going somewhere with all that knowledge.

--------------------
Everything is Relative.
Books of Trade

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom