Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKarm
Stranger
Tiny contam, is it ruined?
    #22155468 - 08/28/15 09:09 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

This is my first grow, and currently it's about 3 weeks in after inoculation and I've noticed what must be a contamination here:

A closer look (if it helps):

Now the thing is, this spot is pretty small compared to the amount of mycelium so what will happen? Will this contamination ruin everything? Shall I just cut my losses now? Here's pics showing the overall growth of mycelium...

Sides... (the brown dots is bits of the protective top layer that has dropped down the side)

Bottom:

So yeah, how devastating is this? I'm guessing that I'll have to start fresh which is such a shame considering. Any comments appreciated, thanks guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKarm
Stranger
Re: Tiny contam, is it ruined? [Re: Karm]
    #22156485 - 08/28/15 12:40 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I'm now thinking of taking the lid of the tub, tipping the contents into the clear plastic bag and then scooping the contamination out with a sterile spoon and begin trying to fruit the mushrooms right away, given the amount of mycelium that's in the tub now would this be a good idea or not? I want to act as soon as possible before that mold spreads much further.

I know it's also possible for the mycelium to "overpower" trichoderma, but I don't know how effective that can be. What's the best course of action here guys? I don't want this to go to complete waste if I can help it, but I get the feeling I need to act fast so any advice appreciated.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22157758 - 08/28/15 05:59 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

It's not worth it imo. Try mixing it into an outdoor bed.. but as it is its toast.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Invisiblevatman
I'm Vatman

Re: Tiny contam, is it ruined? [Re: Mad Season]
    #22158160 - 08/28/15 07:40 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Mold typically indicates improper sterlie technique as mold is most substantial to heat vs something like bacteria witch is resistant. Typically mold growth = an outdoor tek. Yours dosen't look bad but could explode in fruit conditions. Looks like you have it all over. Some people put theirs into flower pots and grow indoors. Im not sure how good that is with contaminated grows. Something you may want to look into but proceed with caution with all those mold spores you got there.

Edited by vatman (08/28/15 07:44 PM)

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22158442 - 08/28/15 09:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Karm said:
I'm now thinking of taking the lid of the tub, tipping the contents into the clear plastic bag and then scooping the contamination out with a sterile spoon and begin trying to fruit the mushrooms right away, given the amount of mycelium that's in the tub now would this be a good idea or not? I want to act as soon as possible before that mold spreads much further.

I know it's also possible for the mycelium to "overpower" trichoderma, but I don't know how effective that can be. What's the best course of action here guys? I don't want this to go to complete waste if I can help it, but I get the feeling I need to act fast so any advice appreciated.

That doesn't look like Trichoderma although it's certainly a mold. If you can fruit it outdoors somewhere that's an option. If you go chopping into partially colonized substrates you're going to contaminate it even more.

--------------------

OfflineKarm
Stranger
Re: Tiny contam, is it ruined? [Re: Kizzle]
    #22158525 - 08/28/15 09:32 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys, after reading these I've decided to just chuck it and start fresh. Gutted really but ah well, part of the learning process I guess. Maybe I'll have better luck next time, cheers.

Offlinekosmokratorshaman
Cosmic Creator
Male User Gallery

#22159238 - 08/29/15 03:13 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I lost 6/14 jars so far from my first oyster grow. I feel you. I plan to try and make an outdoor bed though.

--------------------
I am.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder