Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: Juiceh]
    #22146313 - 08/26/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Well said juiceh. I would only add that if you decide to run the sterilizer without the basket you simply need to tie the tube up to the top. Just coil it up and zip tie or wire it up. The reason its removed or tied up is because its design is to exhaust the air in the bottom of the basket or liner which allows the liner to fill with steam as the air is displaced. When you run It without the liner the steam collects in the bottom and if left down the exhaust tube will vent your steam instead of the air.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJuiceh
Dabbing All Day
 User Gallery

Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #22146545 - 08/26/15 01:21 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Well said juiceh. I would only add that if you decide to run the sterilizer without the basket you simply need to tie the tube up to the top. Just coil it up and zip tie or wire it up.

Ahh yeah, I forgot I had seen that done.

I've never used an actual sterilizer with the basket or even seen the basket in person, but it has always had me wonder... Does any water collect in the basket as it rains down from the lid of the cooker during operation?

--------------------
Trade List

How I make 15 lbs of casing in a 941. How I line 12 shoeboxes with 1 39gal bag. How I Deep Fry Cubes!
RogerRabbit said:You need a bigger pressure cooker for this hobby. RR

Edited by Juiceh (08/26/15 03:30 PM)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #22146640 - 08/26/15 01:44 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I thought I mentioned something about water usage and extended cook times. You will be amazed at how much water evaporates in a pc vs sterilizer.
You would be able to cook it as long as you don't have a tube.

Cook times can be shortened but that isn't the point. I would stick with your normal cook times and you will be assured that it's sterile.
I have always been good cooking bird seed in 1/2 gallon jars for 75 mins at 15psi. But now at 20 psi, i surely have nothing to worry about.
I think the recommended cook times here at the shroomery are exaggerated. Feel free to try different things.

I was hoping 36fing5 would have responded by now. I will go ahead and block him now. He will be missed

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Edited by tahoe (12/29/21 11:06 PM)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: midnightmaraude] * 1
    #22147120 - 08/26/15 03:15 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinemidnightmaraude
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: tahoe]
    #22150078 - 08/27/15 07:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks.  Ordered.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: tetherface]
    #22150790 - 08/27/15 10:27 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tetherface said:
.lol someday im gonna find myself an all American but till then the presto isn't so bad but ive bought 2 gaskets for it in 18 months.

That is exactlyâ„¢ what I was doing. I was burning through the gaskets on my presto. My local hardware store was out of gaskets so I checked a different store. The new store ended up having a few all American 921's. I had never seen one in person before. I was star struck. I happened to have a few extra bucks on me so I put the aa on lay away. I picked it up as soon as I could. Best investment ever. You will make your money back after the first use.
I just bought a used sterilizer for 80$. That actually might be a better investment.

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Edited by tahoe (08/28/15 02:31 AM)

Offlinetetherface
get in where you fit in
Male User Gallery

Loc: wild
    #22151305 - 08/27/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thats what ive been doing I went to prolly 100 garage sales this summer I coulda picked up a bunch of smaller presto/mirro models but then id just have the same situation on my hands so im gonna hold off till I see an all american somewhere been checking everywhere local and no luck I could order one but id love to keep that amount of money local:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinemidnightmaraude
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: tetherface]
    #22161259 - 08/29/15 03:27 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

So I got my parts in. I got the vent installed but the hole where the red stopper thing goes
is much to small and I don't see any way of getting it in there.
This is an older model 915. Think I'll be ok with the original safety valve in there?

I should add my 915 has the metal over pressure plug. No idea what that's rated for
or if it's even good or not.

Edited by midnightmaraude (08/29/15 04:09 PM)

InvisibleJuiceh
Dabbing All Day
 User Gallery

Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: midnightmaraude]
    #22161817 - 08/29/15 05:58 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

midnightmaraude said:
So I got my parts in. I got the vent installed but the hole where the red stopper thing goes
is much to small and I don't see any way of getting it in there.
This is an older model 915. Think I'll be ok with the original safety valve in there?

I should add my 915 has the metal over pressure plug. No idea what that's rated for
or if it's even good or not.

Post some pics. Did you take out the black rubber overpressure blow out plug? Take a pic of it next to the red one. You kinda gotta fold the plug a bit and use a bit of effort to install them. It's easy tho. The official instructions say to install from the underside of the lid, but I Install from the topside of the lid squeezing in the bottom of the plug.

--------------------
Trade List

How I make 15 lbs of casing in a 941. How I line 12 shoeboxes with 1 39gal bag. How I Deep Fry Cubes!

Edited by Juiceh (10/09/15 07:35 AM)

InvisiblehamloafS
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #22162371 - 08/29/15 08:31 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
He was in shhh the other week but then like that, he was gone.

Kaiser Soze!

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: hamloaf]
    #22162392 - 08/29/15 08:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
He was in shhh the other week but then like that, he was gone.

Kaiser Soze!

I almost thought that one went to waste, thanks loaf!

:seriousthankyou:

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22163328 - 08/30/15 02:33 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Midnight, I bet yours has the same over pressure plug as mine. The little metal hex head bolt looking thing with a hole in it. But the hole is blocked with a ball, kind of.
All you need to do is replace the jiggle weight thing with the new valve. You are ready to rock

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Edited by tahoe (08/31/15 01:28 AM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #22163509 - 08/30/15 06:02 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Tahoe:
Wow, brother...that's both very enticing - and a bit daunting at the same time...but I trust the blowout plug, I suppose.  I always worry about running my AA dry so I load it with water - and I really hate filling my house up with steam and am tired of listening to that damned rocker.

Where do I get the parts for the price you specified?  I think I have to do this.  My wife will also appreciate it - she hates it when I PC in the kitchen.  I have a bunch of edible cultures on the way, so I'm going to be busy growing and foraging this fall, so I gotta go this route.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleJuiceh
Dabbing All Day
 User Gallery

#22164183 - 08/30/15 10:39 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Where do I get the parts for the price you specified?  I think I have to do this.  My wife will also appreciate it - she hates it when I PC in the kitchen.  I have a bunch of edible cultures on the way, so I'm going to be busy growing and foraging this fall, so I gotta go this route.

N.B.

A few post up...

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

midnightmaraude said:

Tahoe:  Where are you getting the parts from for $25?  Can only find em for about $38 not including shipping.

Everything mushroom

http://everythingmushrooms.com/cultivation-tools/all-american-pressure-cookers-sterilizers/pressure-cooker-sterilizer-replacement-parts/control-valve-releases-at-23-28-psi-z000134-sterilizer-only/

http://everythingmushrooms.com/cultivation-tools/all-american-pressure-cookers-sterilizers/pressure-cooker-sterilizer-replacement-parts/overpressure-plug-for-sterilizer-red-color-z000123/

:africaface:

--------------------
Trade List

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22164266 - 08/30/15 11:00 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Keep in mind that your all American should not leak around the lid/body seal. I used to think that a little leaking was normal, but it can be fixed.
Take some Emory cloth or very fine sand paper and sand the metal to metal seal. Feel for rough spots or grime and sand them off

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22164283 - 08/30/15 11:03 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

A little iso on a paper towel is great for removing built up film from lubricating. Do that every run and leaks become a thing of the past.

Offlinemidnightmaraude
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22164705 - 08/30/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Bingo. That's the one.  What's the psi rated pressure do you know?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc [Re: midnightmaraude]
    #22164869 - 08/30/15 01:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

midnightmaraude said:

It's the old style over pressure plug. It's close to thirty psi, if not more. Your pc is at least twenty years old. They do have a new version of this plug but it's 35$. No need to change yours if it isn't broke. Although they do recommend changing them every few years. I wouldn't worry about it. Plus the new pressure release valve that you bought will do the trick. I will edit the original post to include the models with this plug
Here is the old style

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #22164933 - 08/30/15 01:55 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, bro.  Done and done.  Got too many fall edible grows planned to listen to that damned rocker or worry about running the AA dry.

Great thread.  The upgrade is worth every dime.  :bow2:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinemidnightmaraude
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22165332 - 08/30/15 04:02 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

midnightmaraude said:

It's the old style over pressure plug. It's close to thirty psi, if not more. Your pc is at least twenty years old. They do have a new version of this plug but it's 35$. No need to change yours if it isn't broke. Although they do recommend changing them every few years. I wouldn't worry about it. Plus the new pressure release valve that you bought will do the trick. I will edit the original post to include the models with this plug
Here is the old style

lol. There is no way that red valve is gonna fit in there...is there?
Did you fit yours in there?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order