Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: LordSenate]
    #22109250 - 08/18/15 11:47 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Ummmm, i think what they did was re-release it with X-2 in a bundle pack. Like for the new systems. What was it on? PS2? Ehh, it's been so long.

I think FF7 will always dominate as best tho. But FFX was good as well in my opinion.

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: Adolin]
    #22109253 - 08/18/15 11:49 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

LordSenate said:
As for FF X, they did remake that didn't they? or am I thinking of something else.?

they released an international version in english, with more content and optional superbosses that weren't in ther original NA version

FFX is fucking awesome though. its one of the best, in gameplay and story. its alot more rewarding to fill up the sphere grid than it is to just get to level.99 like most FFs. Yuna hitting with a physical attack for 99,999 on the ost difficult bosses? yes please

just my opinion though

Oh man I was too late. Hahah Oh that's what they did tho....

Also, glad to see how far you are in the game.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: pachoo]
    #22110502 - 08/19/15 10:08 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

FFX/X2 HD remastered is out for PS4 and its def the best version of final fantasy X that exists. It looks great too. And it was actually the one FF that i was turned off by. Being so into FF6, FF7, and even 8 and 9...when 10 first came out, had no world map, linear super cinematic story thats more like a movie....i was So disappointed and didnt give it a chance. Now im actually playing through it like the rest and ive really been enjoying it. It def is a true final fantasy, and i used to hate the sphere grid but now i think its a great system. Its like how when blair witch project first came out, i was expecting something very different, but now can truly appreciate it for everything that it is

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: Fractal420]
    #22112087 - 08/19/15 01:56 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

FFX was a decent movie

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: ballsalsa]
    #22115564 - 08/20/15 06:49 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

^^ agreed lol. Although besides having the dark aeons like the jap version, and X2, theres a bunch of extra content as well. I really like the FFX remake. Lots of content. But yes it is def very much like a movie.

Honestly i kind of really miss Final Fantasy VIII

Its different when you think about the storyline with the theory that squall dies at the end of disc 1... Makes it much deeper of a story than it appears to be on the surface... Something about FF8 i find pretty interesting.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Male User Gallery

#22115949 - 08/20/15 09:40 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

FF8 basically drove me away from the franchise.  I was so stoked for the game, and so i went to blockbuster and rented it to play for a weekend before i bought it.  needless to say, i didn't buy it. I was so turned off by it, that i didn't play ff9 until years after its release.  By contrast, i bought FF7 with my playstation, and a friend and i played through midgar three times in one weekend before i even had a memory card to save with. (playstation didn't come with a memory card, and i didn't know to buy one because i had always played cartridge games at that point)

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#22117764 - 08/20/15 05:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

It's been fucking years since I played through that glorious game.

Be a real big shot and type out a concise yet detailed plot summary, please. The ones I found online are longer than some full length books.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #22118566 - 08/20/15 08:50 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i fuckin love FF8. i played it a few months ago for the ... somethingth time

i dont subscribe to the whole 'squall dies at disc one' thing, but its an interesting theory with a few merits

edea, and by proxy, seifer, obviously wanted to interrogate him. SEEDs are meant to kill the sorceress after all.
so they probably just revived him :shrug:

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i hate to be 'that guy' and point out the obvious [Re: EllisDSox]
    #22118911 - 08/20/15 09:42 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

edit: added spoilers just in case

Quote:

BERSERK DESTROYER said:
It's been fucking years since I played through that glorious game.

Be a real big shot and type out a concise yet detailed plot summary, please. The ones I found online are longer than some full length books.

you should seriously just read this, i remember reading it a year or so ago and bookmarked it cause it was so dead on

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/48745-Dragon-Mage-Breaks-Down-The-FF7-Plot-%28So-You-Don-t-Have-To%29

anyways, i did try and make a timeline for kicks. it might not be 100% accurate or well worded, but i didnt wanna spend to much time with details

this also has some info from Crisis core. ill include whats relevant

-sephiroth is created with Jenovas DNA. in his teens, hes sent off to the wutai war and kills thousands of men and becomes a legend.

skip ahead like 20 years.

-Cloud was a low-level shinra soldier who travelled with sephiroth and a man named Zack to his hometown

-sephiroth finds a secret library in the Shinra Manion at nibelheim learns that he was an experiment

-sephiroth goes apeshit, and after some events, he mortally wounds zack, and then sephiroths physical body is killed by cloud and thrown into the life stream.

-Cloud goes a a but nuts and adops Zacks persona. he has false memories in which he and zack has switched places, etc. and he thinks he was a 1st soldier

skip ahead about 5 years

-Cloud joins a terrorist group called Avalanche as a mercanary and helps destroy several reactors

-a women named Aries is captured by shinra

-Cloud & Co. assault shinra headquarters to get her back, and are captured themselves after some events. Suddenly in the night, the Jenova specimen escapes, takes the form of sephiroth, and goes on a killing rampage in the headquarters and freeing Cloud & Co.

(at this point, it is heavily implied that sephiroth is controlling cloud)

-Cloud & Co. leave midgar to pursue sephiroth

-Cloud & Co. cross the ocean in search of 'sephiroth', which is technically jenova, being controlled by sephiroth through the lifestream. Sephiroths physical body is in the northern crater

after that, a whole lot of shit happens, and the next major parts involving themain plot take place in the Ancient Temple, just before disc 2

-Cloud & Co. visit the ancient temple, recieve the black matera

-Cloud immediately gives the black matera to sephiroth after the ancient temple is destroyed (remember, sephiroth has alot of control over cloud)

-Aries leaves the party, the Cloud & Co. follow her to the Forgotten city

-Shit goes down in the forgotten city. if you dont know what happens, shame on you

-Cloud & Co. venture to the northern crater to confront sephiroth and get some sweet revenge

-At the northern crater, they again retrieve the black materia

-You give the black materia to sephiroth, AGAIN! except this time, you actually give the materia to sephiroths physical body, not his Jenova manifestation

-Sephiroth uses the black materia, summons a meteor

-The party is captured by shinra, and cloud is thrown into the lifestream

-the planet goes apeshit, and awakens its "WEAPONS", giant creatures summoned with power from the life stream to protect the planet

-the Weapons terrorize the communities throught the planet, trying to destroy civilization

-the party goes to Mideel, which is close to the lifestream, and finds that cloud and been found, but has been badly poisoned. tifa stays behind to care for him

-the rest of the party goes out to find the 4 "Huge Materia" before shinra can.

-After finding a couple, they return to Mideel. Ultima weapon arrives, causes an earthquake and cloud falls into the lifestream AGAIN.

-somehow, this time he fell into the lifestream, it "cured" him, deus ex machina style.

-Cloud realises hes been living a lie! and is somehow free of sephiroths grip!

-Cloud & Co. get the last 2 Huge Materia.

-Diamond Weapon emerges from the ocean and attacks Midgar. It is destroyed by a giant mako cannon recently installed in midgar. the cannon goes through Diamond weapon, and hits the barrier that was previously covering the northern crater, destroying it.

-Cloud & Co. Invade Midgar, climb to the top of the cannon, and fight a bunch of people from shinra, killing a few as well.

-Cloud & Co. go to the northern crater and kill sephiroth.

Edited by Adolin (08/20/15 09:54 PM)

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22119000 - 08/20/15 09:47 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

that was the worst plot analysis ever. read the link i posted :lol:

Edited by Adolin (08/20/15 09:48 PM)

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22119303 - 08/20/15 10:47 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Sooooooooooooo I totally just read the entire thing from the link you posted. Man, that was intense!!!

Also and now I want to play FF8 and FF9, even though parts in both games annoyed me. And also X. I just checked the gamestop online store and they have all of them! Whaaat? They're selling PS1 games now? Probably just for Final Fantasy because of the remake. Pretty decent too. And FF7. I think I'm going to have to pick them up.

:whoo:

--------------------

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22119335 - 08/20/15 10:58 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pachoo said:
Sooooooooooooo I totally just read the entire thing from the link you posted. Man, that was intense!!!

i know right? its an excellent analysis

Quote:

Also and now I want to play FF8 and FF9, even though parts in both games annoyed me. And also X. I just checked the gamestop online store and they have all of them! Whaaat? They're selling PS1 games now? Probably just for Final Fantasy because of the remake. Pretty decent too. And FF7. I think I'm going to have to pick them up.

8, 9 and 10 are all fucking awesome. 9 has some particularly annoying aspects (the stealing system, cant get steiners ultimate weapon unless you get to the end of the game in 12 hours) but still has a pretty good story

you can get 8 and 9 for free on Coolrom or Emuparadise as long as your computer can run an emulator.

you can torrent ff10 as well if you can emulate PS2

they are all worth playing

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22119431 - 08/20/15 11:26 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Oh I know I've played them all and beat them multiple times like FF7. I just haven't played them in a while. I also have Parasite Eve. For some reason, I still love the heck outta that game as well. It honestly probably started my whole intense fascination with science. And of course, being asked about mitochondria in high school was always fun.

Oh scratch that, FF9 I only played through once.

Also we don't really play games on the computer since it's just a laptop. We really need to invest in a desktop but what can ya do. I still have a PS2 that's in great condition so I'm just going to hook that up to play. For some reason I lost one cd each for 8 and 9. I was probably switching thru them and kept them both together to swap out and during all our moves I misplaced them somewhere....*sigh*

--------------------

Edited by pachoo (08/20/15 11:29 PM)

Male User Gallery

#22119460 - 08/20/15 11:36 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i don't think i've seen xenogears in this thread.  i mean, i actually never played it, but its widely regarded by people my age as perhaps the best game ever made.  that reminds me, i've got to get around to playing xenogears...

--------------------

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22119504 - 08/20/15 11:48 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I keep telling myself that too! Didn't a remake come out as well for that too? It was mad expensive for me at the time tho.....

--------------------

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22119524 - 08/20/15 11:55 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22119733 - 08/21/15 01:04 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
i don't think i've seen xenogears in this thread.  i mean, i actually never played it, but its widely regarded by people my age as perhaps the best game ever made.  that reminds me, i've got to get around to playing xenogears...

Xenogears?

the first disc was great, becuase you could actually play.

the fact is though, the second disc is nothing but cutscenes, essentially an animated book.

the first half of the game? it was great, and IMO it was a pretty difficult game, but the second disc made the whole thing a giant joke to me. its one giant cutscene. i never even bothered 'clicking' to the end.

dont get me wrong, i like a good story and lots of dialogue. but the second half of the game is NOTHING BUT DIALOGUE. there is NO GAMEPLAY.

its a tragic case of a video game being force-released before it was ready

Edited by Adolin (08/21/15 01:05 AM)

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #22119749 - 08/21/15 01:08 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i cant in good conciseness say xenogears is an average game though. its very much a philosophical treatise and is in a league of its own in its own way

but it was abandoned by the publisher and essentially unfinished. the game just doesnt feel right after the first disc but that wasnt necessarily the developers fault

Edited by Adolin (08/21/15 01:10 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#22121099 - 08/21/15 08:24 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pachoo said:
Oh I know I've played them all and beat them multiple times like FF7. I just haven't played them in a while. I also have Parasite Eve.

I love that game but ePSXe gives me some graphics glitches with it.

I like the battle system alot. And how its all Resident Evil-ish

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #22121596 - 08/21/15 10:02 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
but final fantasy 7 is fucking awesome. ive beat it 3 time (a 90+% completion on one)

ive been playing it again, and i just got to the jenova reunion . this game is so fucking good. the fact that clouds whole life is a lie and  sephiroth is controlling cloud in the first 2 discs always blows my mind every time

i'm going for a 99% completion this time around(with a guide), which is opening every chest, having one of every item/materia, every side quest, etc.. but i'm not going to obtain 99 of every item(you need to abuse a glitch to do it) and i'm probably not going to master every materia either.

i do look forward to abusing the hades-ultima trick on ruby weapon though. not sure how i'm gonna tackle emerald weapon yet

i'm waiting on the new reworked release.

Then I will not leave the house for months

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates