Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomDragon
Innerspaceman
Mushroom tolerance?
    #2206784 - 12/29/03 03:49 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I've shroomed a few times before, and I think I have a strange tolerance to our little friends.

The first time I shroomed I chewed up about 3.5g dry. I was sure I wanted a full-on psychedelic experience. I've done DXM before, so I knew how it was to trip and I was prepared. It was definitely one of the greatest experiences of my life - I became very close to my friends and I noticed a little time dilation, faint haloing, like chlorine in your eyes after you get out of a pool, some giggles, that warm body feeling, and jello-legs (which by now I have realized is a common side effect for me  :laugh:). But other than that, I didn't have any CEV or OEV. This suprised me, because my friend who did the same amount was having  intense visuals. I am also a bit heavier than he is. I weigh 220lbs.

My next thought was to increase the dosage a bit. So I slapped on another 1.75 grams, deciding that now this would be the psychedelic dose for me. More time dilation, brighter colors, and my vision stretched, I'm sure you guys know what I mean. It was like the same as the last trip but a bit stronger, with no CEV or OEV. I did write some really cool poetry though, and everything seemed right in the world.

For my next trip, I am planning 7 grams. Is this a good idea, or should I stay with lower dosages, maybe I'm just expecting too much? Maybe my brain isn't used to it, or do I just have a higher tolerance for fungus? You guys tell me.

--------------------
The post appearing above you was devoid of any truth and should therefore be counted as completely untrue.

"You can't stop here. This is bat country!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Mushroom tolerance? [Re: ShroomDragon]
    #2206818 - 12/29/03 04:06 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Things like weight and if you had a full stomach when you took them certainly have an effect on the experience you get with the stuff.
In short term, You DO get a tolerance, if you dose 2 days in a row, you would need to increase your dose on the second day because tolerance goes up with mushrooms. I dont know about long term tolerance though.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2207149 - 12/29/03 07:50 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Sucks you didnt get what you wanted from the trip. All people react to certain substances diffrent thats why your buddy tripped harder than you. If I remember right It was posted that weight should not affect on how you'll trip, But you should take em on a empty stomach since people tend to trip harder. I say try a full 4 grams next time on an empty stomach. Be sure to wait a week or two so the tolerance has time to go down. Hopefully then you get what you want.

Osker

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: d0wn where i belong
Re: Mushroom tolerance? [Re: Osker246]
    #2207493 - 12/29/03 12:43 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

My first trip was around 2g and I just didn't know what to expect. I was drinking some good porto waiting for the cubie to kick in and it took me a long time to realize I was actually tripping.

Now I know that cubies always give me a body buzz similar to alcohol. I feel heavier, slower and a bit weaker. Since I was drinking at the same time, I simply thought I was drunk rather than tripping. I was also always talking and not really paying attention to what I feel. A couple hours later, I just shut the fuck up and start to watch things and some intense visual and inner feelings knocked me off. Wow!

I only enjoyed half of this first trip but I certainly learnt that I must listen to shrooms more carefully if I want the desired effect.

About body tolerance, there sure is some individual variations. My girlfriend only need 1.5g to get some crazy ass visuals for 6 hours. 3g will do the same for me.

I also recently tested the building tolerance thing. Made a tea out of 3.4 g and enjoyed it. The next day, I made another tea with 4g and barely felt a very small body buzz.

Shrooms are something you can't abuse and it's a good thing cuz I feel I would be doing em everyday...!
.fs.

Offlinemotaman
old hand
 User Gallery
    #2207935 - 12/29/03 04:38 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

For my next trip, I am planning 7 grams.

I wouldn't.  :smirk:

edit = give 3.5 grams a few more times before you decide that you are superman in the tolerance department, and go doubling your dose.  Other factors could be the cause.  :smile:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (12/29/03 04:41 PM)

Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
    #2208272 - 12/29/03 07:22 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

yeah I just up it to 4 gms befor you do 7.
7gms can be a mind blowing experince.
maybe you need a brake-thru trip or something.
but careful with high dosages ..alright?!

OfflineShroomDragon
Innerspaceman
    #2210816 - 12/31/03 12:38 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

err that whole slapping on the dosage bit was for a totally different trip - i added 1.75 to the original 3.5 - 5.25 in all. it was also a few weeks after. I was a bit tired when writing that one  :crazy2: Still I agree, I've heard about breakthrough trips. Tommorow dropping 5.25 again. Last time, it was great, so no matter what it'll be sweet. thanks guys.

--------------------
The post appearing above you was devoid of any truth and should therefore be counted as completely untrue.

"You can't stop here. This is bat country!!"

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2210891 - 12/31/03 01:20 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I just started at 2.5 with cubes or libs and start goin up by .5 and log the differences in a journal.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

InvisibleHertyar
The guy nextdoor

#2213616 - 01/01/04 07:09 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, the difference between 3g and 4g was pretty significant for me. Also taking them all at the same time makes a BIG difference. I've stair stepped up to 4gs which was not even close to taking 4gs all at once.

--------------------
Doesn't have the patience to grow shrooms himself, but instead mooches off friend in exchange for research. :tongue:

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: Mushroom tolerance? [Re: Hertyar]
    #2213664 - 01/01/04 07:40 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed once my friend and i split almost 70 hits of blotter in a 24 hour period.we started with 5 then kept getting higher.By the next morning i took 9 at once and although it did intensify things and keep them going,if i took those nine at onece in the begining i would have been in lala land.as it was it was a very intense trip.I guess we were kind of lucky that it wasnt the best acid we ever had.But it was good enough.That was a long time ago though.Now im happy eating 1 tab.im done with intensity,i like mellow.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience