Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Feminists [Re: nicechrisman] * 3
    #22026201 - 07/31/15 09:13 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebm0322
Ya Boy

Re: Feminists [Re: my3rdeye]
    #22026235 - 07/31/15 09:24 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I agree more women are making a difference today as a result of the general empowerment of women as comapared to 60 years ago, but do you think the policies themselves are a good thing? From a moral/ethical standpoint, do you think we should allow women preference in some activities because they have historically failed to make an impact on that field?

Talking about things like internships, scholarships for women in male fields.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Feminists [Re: bm0322]
    #22026263 - 07/31/15 09:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think that enacting policies to change the demographics of an institution so that women are more fairly represented is inherently bad.  I can acknowledge that some such policies might be misguided, but I can't really say I feel that the trend has resulted in a lowering of quality standards, or harmed men in any way. 

Unless you're going to point to a specific policy, I think much of what you're talking about is more often a voluntary practice enacted by private institutions for benefits either from a personal ethics standpoint or for public relations reasons.  I wish it was a thing that would happen in a timely and organic manner, but these policies are such a small part of a larger movement I think it is a mistake to write off feminism because you disagree with certain tactics.

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: Feminists [Re: bm0322]
    #22026266 - 07/31/15 09:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bm0322 said:
I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore most of the boneheaded posts in here and see if anyone actually wants to talk about this.

I support equal rights for men and women, but I acknowledge that there are real differences between the sexes. We're never going to have wage parity or even political parity because women are inherently less likely to be the personality type that gains power/money than men are. Women are not as aggressive or assertive as a general rule.

I appreciate honest feminists, but I think most turn it into an emotional argument rather than a logical one.

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=hire_women

Edited by luvdemboomers (07/31/15 09:35 PM)

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: Feminists [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #22026300 - 07/31/15 09:45 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
I don't think that enacting policies to change the demographics of an institution so that women are more fairly represented is inherently bad.  I can acknowledge that some such policies might be misguided, but I can't really say I feel that the trend has resulted in a lowering of quality standards, or harmed men in any way. 

Unless you're going to point to a specific policy, I think much of what you're talking about is more often a voluntary practice enacted by private institutions for benefits either from a personal ethics standpoint or for public relations reasons.  I wish it was a thing that would happen in a timely and organic manner, but these policies are such a small part of a larger movement I think it is a mistake to write off feminism because you disagree with certain tactics.

Voluntary as in companies are voluntarily hiring people less qualified based on their race or gender so they get tax breaks and don't get sued?

Edited by luvdemboomers (07/31/15 09:46 PM)

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Feminists [Re: luvdemboomers]
    #22026371 - 07/31/15 10:10 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I stopped the video when he started his plug for 'The Alphabet of Manliness' :lol: sorry but I'm going to stand by my assertion that inequality still exists and I'm not going to criticize someone solely on the fact that they attempt to remedy this.

Offlinebm0322
Ya Boy

Re: Feminists [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #22027169 - 08/01/15 06:49 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

What's your basis for asserting that inequality still exists?

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
    #22027178 - 08/01/15 06:58 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
I stopped the video when he started his plug for 'The Alphabet of Manliness' :lol: sorry but I'm going to stand by my assertion that inequality still exists and I'm not going to criticize someone solely on the fact that they attempt to remedy this.

what you can't handle logic?

My last reply wasn't about the video FYI

OfflineJanky Tits
    #22027204 - 08/01/15 07:20 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really like feminists. I don't really like activists in general. People who spend their time obsessing over shit and being die hard supporters of shit like this turn me off. I avoid ultra liberal girls too who won't shut up about social justice shit or inequality, it's like "ok we get it your a social justice warrior etc but do you think you can not be so fucking obsessed with that shit all the fucking time?"

It gets very irritating. I avoid them thoroughly. I usually look for like minded girls to be with aka girls who just want to chill and smoke a J or go to the club and roll and just rage all night and not have a giant stick up their ass and not give a fuck about bullshit like feminism or social justice to that extent.

Offlinesun_spots
Good boob day
 User Gallery

Loc: Nirvana
Re: Feminists [Re: Janky Tits] * 5
    #22027242 - 08/01/15 07:47 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Oh good, it's this thread again.

--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: Feminists [Re: RanOutOfWeed] * 2
    #22027488 - 08/01/15 09:30 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RanOutOfWeed said:
Do you avoid women who call themselves "feminists". I find them to be highly annoying and often project a very masculine energy that is a major turn off.

Personally I don't actively avoid people who identify as feminists because most of them are simply directionless people looking for a label to apply to themselves. These people are not necessarily true man hating bigots, rather just young people looking to fit in and be part of a cause. I think we've all gone through that phase.

As for feminism as a whole I really think it needs to be exposed for what it is: a political motivated, sexist hate group that preys upon young people who don't know any better.

Think of it this way OP. Imagine if on your first day of university someone asked you: "ARE YOU A NAZI??" to which you replied: "what is that?" and they answered: "Oh, we Nazi's simply believe that white people should be taken seriously and treated fairly and justly!" to which you replied "I agree, I guess I am a Nazi after all!"

I can't really hold it against you that you chose to identify with the Nazis because you really didn't know any better and simply bought into their clever recruitment strategy. It's the group itself I take issue with and it's deceptive practices, not you. After all if you chose not to identify as a Nazi you may have been branded a White-hater.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: Feminists [Re: RanOutOfWeed]
    #22028252 - 08/01/15 12:53 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RanOutOfWeed said:
Do you avoid women who call themselves "feminists". I find them to be highly annoying and often project a very masculine energy that is a major turn off.

I assume they look for men who are major betas and want to be her butler/ gay male girlfriend. :gayflag:

They tell you they are feminists because they want equal rights and an equal status in society, yet do not consider that men and women are totally different creatures.

If you want to be a man hating  lesbian then by all means be one. Don't beat around the bush and torture the poor betas

quick, stick your finger down your throat and un-swallow the red pill before you turn into a sadistic woman hating psychopath.

:rainbowcloud:

ps - happy to see this new exciting topic in the pube again!

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Feminists [Re: Dawks]
    #22028258 - 08/01/15 12:54 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

You do realize that you're comparing a specific organized group that killed millions of people in cold blood with a collection of ideologies centered around the idea that women deserve equal treatment and recognition.  You sound legitimately insane to me.  Ideas don't kill people.

I think anti-feminism needs to be exposed for what it is: a bunch of whinging neckbeards who can't reconcile the fact that the modern understanding of human rights has made it so that socially incompetent men cannot rely on their rage alone to get their dick wet. 

This is really an important cause, standing up to outspoken college-age women who go on the internet and get passionate about human rights.  That is not a complete waste of time at all :rolleyes:

Quote:

bm0322 said:

"Women and girls make up 98% of victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation.5"  http://www.equalitynow.org/node/1010

That enough?

InvisibleDieCommie

#22028287 - 08/01/15 12:59 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

bm0322 said:

"Women and girls make up 98% of victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation.5"  http://www.equalitynow.org/node/1010

That enough?

Its the inequality with men in that statistic that disturbs you?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #22028289 - 08/01/15 12:59 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:

it's a shame because you'd have learned that the average wage for a worker at Ralph Lauren is  $1612 per hour

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Feminists [Re: DieCommie]
    #22028366 - 08/01/15 01:11 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not really understanding the question.  I am bothered by anyone that takes an attitude regarding sex and gender implying that all significant problems have been solved at some undefined point in the past.  The fact that women take the brunt of sexual exploitation is obvious to me, I don't need a statistic myself.  I don't see any way of addressing that problem that doesn't recognize that unfair cultural standards for women is part of what allows this to occur.

I am perfectly happy calling the struggle for gender equality feminism.  You might think there are no problems like this in the US, but I'd call you naive or ignorant.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Feminists [Re: moonrockmushy] * 3
    #22028378 - 08/01/15 01:13 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
I think anti-feminism needs to be exposed for what it is: a bunch of whinging neckbeards who can't reconcile the fact that the modern understanding of human rights has made it so that socially incompetent men cannot rely on their rage alone to get their dick wet. 

should we expose feminism for what it is, a bunch of whiney cunts seeking more rights than men, basing their experiences on lies and the hype of others while trying to blame their reckless and promiscuous behavior and some falsehood of patriarchy

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Feminists [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #22028384 - 08/01/15 01:14 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
I am perfectly happy calling the struggle for gender equality feminism.  You might think there are no problems like this in the US, but I'd call you naive or ignorant.

in what way are women not equal?

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: Feminists [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #22028490 - 08/01/15 01:25 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

moonrockmushy said:

in what way are women not equal?

I second this question. Men are discriminated against much more than women today. I have nothing against true feminism, but this modern neo-feminist movement is complete and utter liberal bullshit fed by misinformation and lies.

Edited by luvdemboomers (08/01/15 01:26 PM)

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22028734 - 08/01/15 02:15 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

And I have nothing against people who criticize feminism, but this doublethink version of true vs. modern feminism is guilty of everything it accuses "modern" feminism of and then some.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]