Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLovinlife1
Stranger
Clarification for someone trying to get out of PF Tek
    #22025627 - 07/31/15 06:38 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Hello all,
After along time reading and learning (thank you to the veterans of this site btw), I have finally broken down and joined in order to ask a few questions.
The questions are about growing P.E vice B+ PF Tek style.
When using WBS and only one syringe from a sponsor, is bulk substrate a good choice?
The order of events have are puzzling and not sure exactly what the steps are. From what I understand, the WBS information listed here is a good choice for PE, but then I presume a transfer must happen after colonization. This is where I get lost.
Can grain be used to fruit, or is it crumbled it into another mixture?
Are grow bags the preferred method or can Poo be used in a SGFC setup?

I understand that these are probably pretty easy questions for a lot of you out there, but whatever information you can provide would be awesome. I have done a lot of research on the subject but it's still unclear. Thanks in advance for your help.

Disclaimer: These questions are out of curiosity and in no way reflect any illegal activity. All hypothetical......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clarification for someone trying to get out of PF Tek [Re: Lovinlife1]
    #22025682 - 07/31/15 06:50 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

1. it's about efficiency. you can be more or less efficient with cakes as you can with grains. its about genetics, conditions, water, as well as many more variables. it boils down to preference.

2.You can either g2g (spreading the first jar into many more prepped, uncolonised grains) or you can spawn to bulk substrate of your choice. or you could grow straight from the grains.

3.again, preference. most spread into coir/verm or any other bulk substrates.

4. most use a monotub when spawning to bulk but you can mix it into a tray that will fit in your SGFC. should work.

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

InvisibleLovinlife1
Stranger
Re: Clarification for someone trying to get out of PF Tek [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #22025723 - 07/31/15 06:58 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

In order to maximize efficiency and knowing certain strains grow better on different subs, would the best route to take then be a grain?

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Re: Clarification for someone trying to get out of PF Tek [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #22025732 - 07/31/15 06:59 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

here's franks 12 steps guide to mushrooms

he covers wbs, monotubs and all that stuff you want. in his sig there's a link to how he does all his shit.
do what he does :yesnod:

InvisibleLovinlife1
Stranger
Re: Clarification for someone trying to get out of PF Tek [Re: spacechildo]
    #22025746 - 07/31/15 07:02 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks space

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22025814 - 07/31/15 07:22 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
    #22025919 - 07/31/15 07:42 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lovinlife1 said:
Hello all,
After along time reading and learning (thank you to the veterans of this site btw), I have finally broken down and joined in order to ask a few questions.
The questions are about growing P.E vice B+ PF Tek style.
When using WBS and only one syringe from a sponsor, is bulk substrate a good choice?
The order of events have are puzzling and not sure exactly what the steps are. From what I understand, the WBS information listed here is a good choice for PE, but then I presume a transfer must happen after colonization. This is where I get lost.
Can grain be used to fruit, or is it crumbled it into another mixture?
Are grow bags the preferred method or can Poo be used in a SGFC setup?

I understand that these are probably pretty easy questions for a lot of you out there, but whatever information you can provide would be awesome. I have done a lot of research on the subject but it's still unclear. Thanks in advance for your help.

Disclaimer: These questions are out of curiosity and in no way reflect any illegal activity. All hypothetical......

WBS is fine choice for grain spawn in bulk.  Essentially a bulk sub has two components, grains for nutrtion and verm/coir/poo/straw for water mass and a bit of nutrition.  If you can find whole oats (feedstores) that would be preferable from what I've heard (can't find them myself.)

Quart jars of spawn are an efficient way to grow from a spore syringe, since so little spore solution can translate to so much yield.

Once the grain spawn (wbs, etc) is colonized, you break it up and mix it with bulk substrate (typically) coir + vermiculite.

This can be fruited in a variety of ways.  In trays or blocks in an SGFC, in plastic storage containers converted into monotubs, or shotgun pans.  Personally I would just do trays for you frist bulk grow since you are familiar with your SGFC, and trays commit less resources while learning.  If you grab a pair of aluminum pans at the dollarstores and use a piece of trash bag as a liner, that should be perfect.  And yes, Poo, straw, coir, verm, whatever, will be fine in the sgfc.  A fruiting chamber that works and a substrate that works can almost always be combined for a successful grow.

Fruiting straight grains is possible.  If you want to try this, you can use old PF tek jars, fill with about 2/3 cup wbs, place a piece of postal tyvek (priority mail envelope) inbetween the lid and the ring, and inject about 1/4 to 1/2 cc at two points, and patch with micropore or any other sterile tape.  Find the two opposite holes by touch and mark them with a sharpie so you know where to shoot up.  Give'm a solid shaking once they hit 20% colonization or so to speed up the process.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19167498#19167498

Try a pair of trays with quarts spawned to bulk, try a few old cake containers with WBS and casing (the same coir vermiculate you use as bulk substrate works fine for casing) and bottomwatering in your sgfc.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

InvisibleLovinlife1
Stranger
Re: Clarification for someone trying to get out of PF Tek [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22025975 - 07/31/15 08:02 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

You all are awesome and once again come through. Thanks a ton for the info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale