Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: 404]
    #22025401 - 07/31/15 05:49 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah they can be that's for sure, but I was mainly addressing the gripe that people have about festivals being all about profit. It's not exactly a festival, but has a similar vibe.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: Festival Talk [Re: nicechrisman]
    #22025413 - 07/31/15 05:51 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Any good festival is about the music and the friendship

That's why I love Jibberjazz because they aren't all about the money

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: Bassfreak]
    #22025417 - 07/31/15 05:51 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Maybe just our enthusiasm bubble has popped? I think the more times you go, the more you start to see the ugly side of it all. I would say that from an attendance and growth point of view, the festival bubble has not popped. At least not here on the West Coast. Look at EDC, Coachella, BM, etc. They are all doing just fine.

I'm thinking about going to Portugal for Boom Fest next year. Sounds kinda cool and I've never been to Europe.

i mean to an extent youre totally right

but at the same time its undeniable, festivals are bigger than theyve ever been, so many new random ass fests are popping up nowadays too and like they do it cuz its hot and possibly an easy cash grab...so many of these fests just dont care about the integrity of the fest, its just money

fests that ive been to for the last 5 years have changed drastically

i'm going to agree with this. especially the ones that are run by larger corporate organizers, they just don't care about the well being of the patrons attending... have a look at what happened with bunk police and Dance Safe.

it's all baout not getting sued, not actual harm reduction.

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
    #22025418 - 07/31/15 05:52 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

404 said:
Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Have you ever been to a rainbow gathering? You might like it.

no. i hear those can be shit shows as well. lots of drunks and weirdos. not the good kind either.

QFT

Rainbow gatherings are a mixed bag, I hear the national gathering is pretty solid though.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Festival Talk [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22025444 - 07/31/15 05:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

It's great stuff. I love doing some breakfast K....small bumps in the morning/early afternoon to get me smoothed out & ready for the day. Then I hold off until late night, after the music. Just chilling with my crew at the camp site, doing K bumps, drinking a couple beers, raging some tunes. Smoothes everything out, leads to hysterical laughter, washes away the aches. (As I get older I feel all the dancing & running around I did earlier) Then as the sun rises, and it's time to lay down for a couple hours do a solid line & slip into the hole for a bit..... Excellent stuff. It's my MO anymore for multi-day runs & festivals these days. I love that dissociative space.

--------------------

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Re: Festival Talk [Re: Dark_Star]
    #22025475 - 07/31/15 06:03 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I agree

Fests just aren't nearly as fun without ketamine

--------------------

Once and for all!

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #22025613 - 07/31/15 06:34 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

Sadly, the festival scene is slowly dying off. Only a few have survived. Its a dying species sadly....

Noo way man :smirk:....From what I've experienced and have seen, it's the absolute contrary, I think there's some real special things blossoming and happening about the west coast festival "scene"...and the global festival scene as far as that goes (Boom, Ozora, Afrika Burn, Envision, even Israel has their own "Burning Man" event now called "Mid-Burn", etc etc....).

Quite a handful of new festivals/gatherings have popped up on the west coast over the years, and lots of new festivals/communities/gatherings are being birthed from burning man.

I'm not talking about massive commercialized & corporate sponsored festivals that have banners and adds everywhere that are mostly just looking to profit from putting on a festival...but relatively smaller things (1,000 to 10,000 heads) that are more from  "grassroots" crews of people and don't intend on turning a real profit. Even though they're relatively smaller they still have solid top notch production and line ups. Tight nit vibes, more of a community feel (I always see familiar faces at all the festivals & things I go to, same circle/family of folks).

A few off the top of my head in my area alone....

Symbiosis Gathering

Raindance

Beloved

Stilldream

Emissions

Lunar Burn

Enchanted Forest

Lucidity

Serenity gathering

The Bounce

Desert Hearts

...all really great festivals, and there's lots more of em' out here.

(BTW....LC, I do intend on replying to your PM later this evening :wink:)

-OM

--------------------

InvisibleBigfeely123
Stranger

#22025717 - 07/31/15 06:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I just think for the safety of everybody-including the children & dogs, that people should leave those two at home. Not everyone's dog is out of control but you never know how a usually well mannered dog might react when it sees another dog. Just last night, these two groups of people were letting their dogs sniff the other dog's butt & what not and out of nowhere the smaller of the two dogs went from 0 to 100 in a second on the bigger dog. It jumped on top of it's back & bit down on it's neck as if it was trying to kill the other dog. (Think of how a lion or tiger would kill it's prey.) Then when the smaller dog couldn't hold it's grip any longer on the bigger dog's neck, they started running around, the smaller dog in pursuit of the bigger dog. Keep in mind, there were atleast 50 people or so in the middle of this whole encounter between the two dogs. Either one of those two dogs, while they were chasing after eachother, could've got distracted or confused & set their eyes on a new target-such as someone simply standing around waiting in line for food or whatever. Both dogs literally passed right by me-within a half foot or so, at full speed. I would not have hesitated to do whatever I had to in order to get a dog off of me, even if it meant killing their dog.

During this whole ordeal both groups of people (the owners of these two dogs) were screaming frantically & it was obvious they had no idea what to do. The only reason these two dogs didn't wind up killing eachother is because a few people ran over & scooped up the big dog & hid him behind a trailer.

Then right after these dumb assholes were petting their dog & saying good boy, good boy... Like shit, are these people retarded?

One time, a couple years back, I was sitting at my campsite with a kid that I used to go to festivals with, I was tripping on mushrooms, he was doing molly & whatever else... I saw our neighbor give her two children (I assume her children) a small brief case that had a bunch of cheap random knickknacks & rocks-mostly rocks. & instructed them to walk around the camp grounds to try sell the items... like little drug dealers. Or I should say, soon-to-be drug dealers. It was pretty obvious to me that this lady was using her kids to make her own money. These little kids couldn't have been any older than maybe 4 or 5 years old & they were roaming around a few acres or so totally by themselves, the same exact place where a couple thousand people or so are doing drugs of all kinds & acting crazy... They came up to me while they were making their rounds and asked me to buy a small rock that was probably found on the ground for like $3 or $5... I told them no thanks. Pffft... Like I'm going to give them $5 so they can then go back and give all that money they made selling rocks & other junk, to their parents. Sorry but even if they are kids, I'm not giving away my money. Later that day they switched to selling bags of ice... One day those little kids are probably going to go from selling rocks & random knickknacks to selling bags of weed to selling molly & whatever else. Seeing that shit really fucked me up & it was all I could think about for the rest of the trip. It made me think that they didn't have a chance to be able to think for themselves because they were being put into that environment at such a young age. This lady was totally exploiting her children for her own monetary gain.

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #22025850 - 07/31/15 07:30 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:
Quote:

Bigfeely123 said:
Yikes... :uhoh:

Two things that should not be allowed at ANY festivals: Kids & Dogs. LEAVE THEM AT HOME WITH A FAMILY MEMBER!

I don't agree with that

I've seen lots of kids and dogs at the fests I've gone to and they have a fun time too

haha once some wookette had her dog out and he had a long leash and out at mainstage there were a ton of empty water bottles and this dog was having the time of his life chasing down water bottles and destroying them...i thought it was really funny

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: Bassfreak] * 1
    #22025856 - 07/31/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

The dogs and kids are OK as long as the parents are responsible, but you really gotta watch both of them at that kind of event as you never know what they might pick up off the ground and put in their mouth.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#22025879 - 07/31/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

depends on the fest with kids

a small chill fest is alright but at a bigger fest def just be an adult and get a babysitter, why would u wanr a kid at a festival? its just kinda fucked up cuz itd be exposed to so much shit

kids who grow up on lot dont really quite grasp reality sometimes

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: Bassfreak]
    #22025884 - 07/31/15 07:36 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I've met a few of those kids. I know what you mean.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Festival Talk [Re: openmind]
    #22026004 - 07/31/15 08:09 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

True, a lot of vsrious festivals are popping  up.

I enjoyed the smaller, "underground"  festivals. Much better time for me.

In my experience, the smaller, intimate festivals in Oregon are now scarce.  Maybe  i just dont know where  the advertize  anymore, who knows :shrug:

But cali and Washington definitely have more goingg on. Lots of flyers i saw at H.N. for Wash and CA for this year.

And  loooking forward to that PM, its been itching me all week :wink:

Offlinelucy.friend
welcome to my dimension
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Festival Talk [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22026206 - 07/31/15 09:16 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Anybody know of good festivals on the East Coast; of the sort that openmind and modest were discussing? Missed lolla but I made Bonnaroo this year. I guess I'm asking about maybe like a lil smaller events. Bonnaroo felt sort of impersonal to me. I had a blast but all in all I feel it was wayy too expensive for the experience. Probably would have had a better time had I went with ppl I felt closer with/had more similar interests with.

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: lucy.friend]
    #22026208 - 07/31/15 09:17 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Magnaball

--------------------

John C. Lily

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

#22026213 - 07/31/15 09:18 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Meeting Of The Minds #8 is coming up in a couple months

I probably won't go because I always blow a fuckload of money at that place but I'm quite sure it'll be a hell of a time

Small fairgrounds friendly people awesome music and dank drugs

--------------------

Once and for all!

Offlinebm0322
Ya Boy

Re: Festival Talk [Re: EnemaOfState]
    #22026218 - 07/31/15 09:20 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

To all the people talking about K, can you explain a bit what its like? Only have experience with L, weed, and shrooms.

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Festival Talk [Re: bm0322]
    #22026220 - 07/31/15 09:20 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinelucy.friend
welcome to my dimension
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #22026222 - 07/31/15 09:21 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

@nice: I'm in ky so that's pretty far from me but I did not know of that one. Ones better than none..esp on this side of the country. Thanks(:

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#22026230 - 07/31/15 09:22 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

John C. Lily

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom