Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
Re: Cake waterlogging? [Re: Galaxytripper]
    #21999543 - 07/26/15 11:28 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Just because you have a lot of holes doesn't mean air is circulating correctly. You want air in from the bottom to pull the water off the perlite and create humidity.

I can drill a tote with 300 holes but if there isn't enough air moving around to begin with then we're back to square one :shrug:

Bod is right though, those cakes look like they're drenched too often. Don't mist three times a day, mist when the cakes are dry. I used to only have to mist twice and I lived in a fairly dry environment at the time I was doing cakes.

The cakes don't pull in the water you mist them with, that's for the sake of evaporation. It simulates a fresh rain which mushrooms love to pin in.

95% of mushrooms don't grow fuzz unless there's a lack of FAE. I have a clone of PESA that grows it no matter what. Chalk it up to environmental before genetics.

Humidity should almost never be 100%, this means nothing can evaporate. I would just remove the hygrometer all together and start watching your cakes.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDensePlacebo
Stranger
Male

Loc: canada Flag
Re: Cake waterlogging? [Re: taGyo]
    #22001476 - 07/26/15 07:31 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My understanding the white fuzz is from the cakes basically still thinking there in colonization mode. I could be wrong but IME when I get the FC dialed in I have wicked pin set like the whole cake is pins and ill have almost no white fuzz. When I first started with a SGFC I got one or two mushrooms and the rest of the cake would be white fuzzy stuff(mycelium). Idk tho I could be very wrong.

--------------------
Alright then, picture this if you will:
10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes, in my "need to know" post, just outside of Area 51.
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thing with just a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks, and me yelping...
Holy fucking shit!

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Re: Cake waterlogging? [Re: DensePlacebo]
    #22002033 - 07/26/15 09:21 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DensePlacebo said:
My understanding the white fuzz is from the cakes basically still thinking there in colonization mode.

Comes from improper environment so the myc continues to colonize, yes. Normally lack of FAE.

:super:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific NorthWest
    #22017616 - 07/29/15 10:20 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the info. First off, I am actually now thoroughly pleased. My cakes have started pinning over the last few days, or should I say become visible finally as they are well-covered in verm.

Although this is my third grow, this looks like the one. First was a complete train wreck. The second attempt was like 1 big mushroom and 2 small farty ones out of 10 cakes. It helps to have centered in on the right information. It also helps to follow instructions. But then whose? So much info out there, and not easy to find the CORRECT info, and it's easy to get onto the wrong track. Yep, this is going to be the one.

I just started fanning more and misting less, and looking at the beauties every half-an-hour. It's so exciting.

Now to the nitty-gritty:

Quote:

I can drill a tote with 300 holes but if there isn't enough air moving around to begin with then we're back to square one

Now you've lost me. If you have a tote with 300 holes, why ever would you NOT have enough FAE, since that's how the air gets circulated through the holes. What other principle could be going on. The SGFC is elevated and has all the holes I need. Why wouldn't air be circulating correctly? What's to stop it?

We are told (however wrongly apparently)that should be near 99%.

It's interesting that you say humidity shouldn't be at 100% or near it, since you're not going to have evaporation. Now that makes total sense to me. I'm supposed to have a good hygrometer, and the SGFC humidity is at a constant 70%. Guess I was trying to get that humidity up to 99%, and feeling like I was not going to be successful unless I could make that happen and didn't know how. So that's something new learned, not to freak out about humidity. Apparently, if my hygrometer is accurate, 70% is enough. What do you think? Should we officially modify the original BRF Tek with my new figure?

Lastly, exactly how or why would lack of FAE promote active growth of mycelium. Isn't mycelium growth a GOOD thing. Wouldn't a BAD thing be mycelium NOT growing? I don't understand how that works.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Re: Cake waterlogging? [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #22017700 - 07/29/15 10:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

If you close and seal a box and there's air in there but it's stagnant, do you have FAE? At that point would 300 holes be the same as no holes? That's what I meant. The reason why we put an SGFC 6"-12" away from the wall and the floor is because these things restrict air flow. If I did another SGFC I'd put it almost near the center of the room. Air is constantly in motion for cubensis in the wild, they're never garunteed 100% humidity, and in the center of the room it receives maximum coverage from all sides.

The humidity thing, as you understand it is impossible for evaporation to occur at 100% humidity. The air is completely saturated meaning what you're spraying on your cakes is just going to stay there and delay pinning. You want a constant state of light evaporation. So lets say you have 70% RH, that means your perlite and cakes are being leeched to create this, inducing pinning.

Lack of proper conditions simply makes them take longer to fruit. They start to colonize the verm and grow those white puffs. I know, it's happened to my cakes. Did you consolidate for 7 days at least?

If you're colonizing, you want colonization growth, if you're fruiting you want fruiting growth. If you're fruiting and you get colonization growth you either have an aggressive culture or it's reverted back to colonization because it didn't like what it was feeling.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I bet if you didn't touch them at all and didn't mist or fan at all for 2-3 days you would see pins.

fanning isn't in any way shape or form FAE, the only way to give more FAE is to build your SGFC properly. you can't adjust FAE with a SGFC unless you make bigger holes

cakes like 99% humidity only near the surface a like 1/8th of an inch.
the vermiculite you roll the cakes in provides this environment, the air in the SGFC should fluctuate pretty dramatically.

constant evaporation from the substrate is a pinning trigger because it means there's 99% humidity at the surface but not 99% everywhere else. a concentration gradient of humidity. the fruits don't like to be in saturated conditions.

It was dunked for a little to long and you misted a little to much. Still, you cut down on the misting and improved the environment and learned to use your eyes instead of technology and made it happen :thumbup:

:levitate:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

Edited by taGyo (07/29/15 10:40 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22017755 - 07/29/15 10:54 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

^great info up there.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

#22019953 - 07/30/15 01:54 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks taGyo, for taking the time, and for giving great explanations.
I'm the kind of guy that, well, I need proper, that is more or less complete explanations. I need to be able to understand what is going on. Half-explanations just frustrate me.
(Ever tried to explain something that you half-understand to someone else? You just tie yourself in knots).

Look at that big one. I could suck it off and I'm not even gay.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22019982 - 07/30/15 02:03 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

:fuckinawesome:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflineDarkhome
•Shaman•N•Training•
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #22019997 - 07/30/15 02:07 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

:billymaythumbup:
Good job bro!!!
I used to freak out over every little variable...to be honest I am still learning patience everyday in this hobby...The main thing is take a deep breath, and learn to read your cakes, not a hygrometer. No hygrometer can read cake surface humidity... You just took the first steps into an amazing world:goodluck:

--------------------
“The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself.”
~Terence McKenna~

"NOTHING"...I post or say is "TRUE"...Any pictures are taken from the Web and any conversation is just research for a fictional character. That being said; He is constantly seeking knowledge and evolving.

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

#22020066 - 07/30/15 02:24 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you. Actually getting fruits is like getting high before you get high.

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

Re: Cake waterlogging? [Re: Darkhome]
    #22020087 - 07/30/15 02:29 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you. That's it. Thing is, before you actually get a successful result, you don't know what's really critical and what's not. Absorbing information externally, you can learn so much, but you learn so much from actually doing. That's learning in action. Also, you learn so much about co-ordinating all the steps, getting your gloves, your burner, your syringe, your swabs, your alcohol spray bottle. It's like an episode of Master Chef, like learning a recipe then having to cook it, in front of yourself, an audience of one.

Et Voila!

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#22020118 - 07/30/15 02:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Galaxytripper said:
Thank you. Actually getting fruits is like getting high before you get high.

I honestly enjoy growing them more than eating them, which is why I'm trying to get into edibles.

--------------------

Indoor Greenhouse Build 
          Mid Size Mushroom Farm

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

Re: Cake waterlogging? [Re: TravelAgency]
    #22021317 - 07/30/15 06:20 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

You mean you prefer dope to shrooms? Huh?

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

#22033145 - 08/02/15 11:59 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Update: So with a bit of patience, we went from waterlogged to this:

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22033150 - 08/02/15 12:00 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

That fucker is massive.

Congrats :rockon:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

#22033331 - 08/02/15 12:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. Fahtster watch out...I'm coming.

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

#22033350 - 08/02/15 12:47 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Also, speaks of the virtue of patience. I am a very patient guy, maybe of the most patient, but watching them grow, although exciting(and hand-rubbing) is just killing. If you don't have a track record of success, but more of failure, you're imagining all kinds of things and negative outcomes. I watch them with my magnifying glass, every hour on the hour. I can't leave them the fuck alone. It's dreadful.

Also, I was wondering about the average age of growers here on the shroomery. I imagine they're all in their 20s or 30s. Surprise, but I'm nearly 60 years of age. Does that make me immature?

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22033397 - 08/02/15 01:01 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

You can harvest a lot of those btw, all the ones that opened their caps.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

#22033575 - 08/02/15 01:39 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Yep. On my to-do list.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#22033581 - 08/02/15 01:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

LOL,

Most of us are 20-40s. There are a few old timers here and there. It makes you the coolest 60 year old I've ever met :lol:.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale