Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefuzzysig
user

what you do with anxiety?
    #21880063 - 06/30/15 08:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I have high anxiety when im in school.
every semester Im in such a bad shape that I break out in allergy and cold at the same time by the time finals come around.

last 2 semmesters I had the worst allergy and flu  at the same time. once finals are over its gone too.

is that anxiety or something else.

about 6 years ago I had to quit school because I was physically sick. allergy constant colds stomach pain and stress and pretty much I was in very bad shape.

besides diet what are some natural remedies for anxiety? tea herbs  drugs whatever

I low dose on mushrooms once every two weeks and it got me through both semesters without completely breaking down...
but mushrooms wear out after about 2 months or so and have no effect so I have to take few months break every time

Edited by fuzzysig (06/30/15 08:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaughingcowwa
Your mum loves it.
Male

Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: fuzzysig]
    #21880220 - 06/30/15 09:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Why not get some Valium, Ativan some sort of benzo to get you through the hard times just don't get stuck on em theyre a bitch to come off daily use.

--------------------
Those who doubt me, suck cock by choice

Offlineresonant111
left ∞ right

Loc: IL
Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: Laughingcowwa]
    #21880631 - 06/30/15 10:38 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

just like any other feeling, you just deal with it.
there's no magic cure that makes anxious feelings go away.

trying to cover it up doesn't work, it only makes it worse.
everyone feels anxiety, it's part of life.

once you realize its natural to feel anxiety, you can accept it and it's not an issue.
it's only a problem if you feel it's "wrong" or something to "permanently get rid of."

it's just an unpleasant feeling and the sooner you accept it, the sooner it will pass, in time.

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#21881515 - 07/01/15 03:17 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

We cannot always change how we feel but we can change how we react to our feelings. This is done by becoming aware of ones own emotions.

Improving emotional intelligence is key to overcoming anxiety because it helps the individual not to react to anxiety triggers.

Whenever you feel anxious, try to figure out what your trigger is, why it is that you are feeling anxious in the moment. Often at school this happens because people feel intimidated by others. Again, try to practice being aware of how and when you feel anxiety so that you can practice not reacting to it.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: resonant111]
    #21890018 - 07/02/15 08:51 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

resonant111 said:
just like any other feeling, you just deal with it.
there's no magic cure that makes anxious feelings go away.

trying to cover it up doesn't work, it only makes it worse.
everyone feels anxiety, it's part of life.

once you realize its natural to feel anxiety, you can accept it and it's not an issue.
it's only a problem if you feel it's "wrong" or something to "permanently get rid of."

it's just an unpleasant feeling and the sooner you accept it, the sooner it will pass, in time.

BOOYAH! :thumbup:

also, in response to what sudly said, start a meditation practice. in general, anxiety is future based, and depression is past based. learning how to live in the moment is crucial to alleviating anxiety (notice I didn't say overcoming anxiety, because as was said, no one overcomes anxiety, they learn to manage it) meditation has helped me greatly with coming back to my center when my mind starts bugging out with anxious thoughts.

I do think supplements can help, while you start incorporating some lifestyle changes.

niacinamide
valerian root (natures valium)
kava kava
l-tryptophan

keep in mind, these supplements are natural, hence their effects are very mild. but they can help take the edge off

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: m4dScientist]
    #21890277 - 07/02/15 09:48 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Shrooms are pretty good at getting the mind in the moment too.:mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: sudly]
    #21891071 - 07/03/15 01:16 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Serious anxiety is brain damage that can only be medicated, or maybe supplements, even shrooms, can speed up neurological regeneration... you can try and think your way out of it but I bet it will always be there until something changes neurologically.

Sometimes you can have it all quite wrong in your head and that's causing the anxiety, ie. your brain senses it doesn't really understand the environment and panics. Maybe you've been thinking too much? Lost in concepts that are unrelated to life? This would be mild to moderate anxiety.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinefuzzysig
user

Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: circastes]
    #21891850 - 07/03/15 09:19 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I had a concussion when I was a kid
and I also bumped head very hard with my buddy when playing as a kid

according to my research (lol)
I could have some kind of issue with prefrontal lobe.
im borderline ocd and cant focus for shit and I spiral out of control rather quickly when it comes to anxiety

any kind of drug helps me with anxiety.
but if im sober im fucked...
but I don't want to have a drugaddict starer kit with me all the time
I was looking for maybe some herbal tea like substance to help with anxiety. in addition to other things that I already do

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#21893212 - 07/03/15 03:33 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you're intimidated too easily.

--------------------

OfflineConsciousBird
Stranger

#21901981 - 07/05/15 05:18 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with M4dScientist, meditation and yoga can do great things for anxiety, or really any mental health disorder. Start by just doing it for 5 minutes a day, you'll start to notice that anxiety is just a feeling, and it's as natural as happiness. You can learn to lessen it with time.

Offlinefuzzysig
user

Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: ConsciousBird]
    #21903272 - 07/05/15 10:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

that's If one can focus lol Ive been stuck at beginning stage for years. I cant sit still long enough everything starts bothering me.
unless im under influence of any drug then I feel normal and can do everything with ease.
I mean I can function like a normal person. when im on low dose of shrooms or weed or even mdma
I can spend a week trying to do something sober or I can spend one day and get everything done a week's worth of errands once I drink some mush tea.

ive been googling what kinds of food I should avoid that can overstimulate frontal lobe. im guessing it would be similar to what adhd people  avoid since the symptoms are similar.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

#21904252 - 07/06/15 06:58 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

dude, im going to tell you something about what you just said, that pretty much relates to my entire life.

you know who the people are that are most susceptible to drug and alcohol addiction?? the people who use as a means of changing the way they feel, because the angst of reality is to much to handle. I did that for years, and I ended up drinking and drugging myself into a black hole that ended with me trying to commit suicide.

as long as you continue trying to fill the void with things outside of yourself (drugs), youre going to continue to be unhappy. for me, no matter how much shit I tried to fill that hole with (women, booze, drugs, food), I was still miserable at the end of the day.

in all likelihood, theres nothing wrong with your brain. you can google and research all you want about damaged parts of the brain, but the problem lies within your thoughts, not physical parts of the brain, n the sooner you can get with that, the better off you will be.

anxiety is nothing more than a form of worry, or fear. n the sooner you start facing those fears, head on, the better off you will be.

:peace::heartpump:

Offlinefuzzysig
user

#21905280 - 07/06/15 01:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

im not unhappy. im actually pretty happy with myself. im already past suicide thoughts I had those before I started doing drugs.

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: fuzzysig] * 1
    #21912466 - 07/07/15 11:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I either use some CBD rich cannabis or I avoid the triggering mechanism of my anxiety until i can create a more strategic approach to handling it.

Its hard but you dont need meds unless you are actually fainting or agoraphobic to the point of disability :shrug:

Try finding a coping mechanism like tea, gum, meditation, psychotherapy, sugary drinks, salty snacks, sunglasses, hobbies, an escape plan, etc.

If all else fails, breathe SLOWLY and close your eyes for a few seconds. Reassure yourself that you wont suffer serious bodily harm or death from whatever is worrying you and therefore you will make it through it. :thumbup:

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

OfflineKrazent
Mystic
Male

Loc: 'straya Flag
Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: Toadstool5]
    #21912489 - 07/07/15 11:08 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

dude... just, take a step back, listen to your heart and know how you should really be feeling, and just breathe, take some time out. Go to the bathroom or get a drink and just continue breathing, you're really fine, i know it's hard to believe :smile: just don't make things worse by being anxious when you really don't need to, because it's obviously not making you feel good

I'm the same man :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKrazent
Mystic
Male

Loc: 'straya Flag
Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: Toadstool5]
    #21912496 - 07/07/15 11:09 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Toadstool5 said:
If all else fails, breathe SLOWLY and close your eyes for a few seconds. Reassure yourself that you wont suffer serious bodily harm or death from whatever is worrying you and therefore you will make it through it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: Krazent]
    #21914546 - 07/08/15 11:28 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I do not fear my anxiety now, I embrace it. Be in the moment, learn to feel alive.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #21970666 - 07/20/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

There is a functional relationship between allergies and anxiety. Excessive histamine response can cause not only allergic symptoms, but anxiety symptoms as well.  By the same, a histamine-mediated anxiety state can elicit allergic symptoms.  Addressing your symptoms thereby involves determining whether its the anxiety causing allergic sensitization, or if its exposure to an allergen causing anxiogenesis.  In other words, both your allergies and your anxiety may have a common cause with psychological, biological, environmental, or some combination of these factors. 

Given your stated symptoms, a histamine H1 antagonist might prove useful to you.  If you're looking for an herbal option, you might find one in an extract of stinging nettle.  If your symptoms are interfering with your studies and overall quality of life, you might consider discussing low-dose quetiapine with your doctor.  Quetiapine is a potent H1 antagonist sometimes prescribed at low doses to treat anxiety.  If successful, this treatment would reveal the histamine response as the locus of your symptoms, and from there you might be able to explore a sustainable solution.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinefuzzysig
user

Re: what you do with anxiety? [Re: Ped]
    #21973641 - 07/20/15 11:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

well first quarter in school I had no problem my anxiety was not present
second quarter I started to have anxiety and right around finals I had a massive allergy attack/cold/and total health shitstorm
3rd quarter started with decent amount of procrastination mixed with anxiety. then by the time finals rolled around I again had a complete shitstorm including allergies and what felt like flu.
2-3 days after finals it was gone like magic lol.

I do get allergies typically if I go and work in the yard pulling weeds out. but I never linked it to anxiety that's a good point..

and now I also remember why I bought a bag of nettle leaves 4 years ago but this whole time I couldn't figure out what I got them for.

when I was in the military and had a lot of time to myself I actually did an experiment. started eating healthy and keeping calm and trying different eye excersises.
my vision improved by .50 from 1.75 to 1.25 in about 6 months.
then after that I lost about 30 lbs of weight and kept it off for about 5 years.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag