Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: RobZombie68]
    #21902848 - 07/05/15 09:05 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

lol, real emotions can make someone cry. it's not that you're not getting it, you're just averse to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: MilkdudTitties]
    #21902872 - 07/05/15 09:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RobZombie68 said:
Yea, I won't even watch dramas, heartbreaking love stories, yadda, yadda.

A female friend said she watched a movie that made her cry, I said "Why in the hell would anybody watch anything that makes them feel bad?"

I don't get it anymore.

Quote:

MilkdudTitties said:
Quote:

RobZombie68 said:
A couple years ago I made the move to not take in any form of negativity, whether it be music, television, movies, people, etc.

I flood my senses with comedy as far as TV & movies, and flood my mind with positive vibe ass kickin music and remove myself from any negative situation that involves people, friends, etc. 

It has worked wonders!  I wake up everyday with my toes tapping and whistling dixie!  :laugh:

Thats good advice. Its the same reason that i don't watch horror movies.

Why would i want to put that stuff into my mind? Purposely scaring myself is not something i do

True. Thats a good point. Do you listen to 0 rap and hip-hop?

OfflineMilkdudTitties
My Nipples Look Like Milk Duds
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21902889 - 07/05/15 09:14 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Well crying is good sometimes. Its an emotional release in a way.

It doesn't have to be sad or bad to make you cry. Sometimes something just hits home so hard that you have an overly emotional response. You can cry over something that is happy as well.

I remember times where i have heard music that just made me start crying, because it was so happy that it was sad

Edit: i don't listen to rap or hip hop at all really. I listen to a lot of metal but even death metal doesn't really have a negative connotation in my mind most of the time.

Edited by MilkdudTitties (07/05/15 09:16 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: MilkdudTitties]
    #21902923 - 07/05/15 09:21 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

i like feeling emotions to that point. if it's provoked from a work of art, even more so.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: topdog82]
    #21902954 - 07/05/15 09:31 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

well, for starters, do u currently have anything good going for you?, anything at all?..

got all ur fingers?..

if so, that could be considered one positive thing imho :cool:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: zZZz]
    #21902973 - 07/05/15 09:36 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MilkdudTitties said:
Well crying is good sometimes. Its an emotional release in a way.

It doesn't have to be sad or bad to make you cry. Sometimes something just hits home so hard that you have an overly emotional response. You can cry over something that is happy as well.

I remember times where i have heard music that just made me start crying, because it was so happy that it was sad

Edit: i don't listen to rap or hip hop at all really. I listen to a lot of metal but even death metal doesn't really have a negative connotation in my mind most of the time.

:thumbup:

Crying helps relieve a lot of emotions. Its actually an amazing cleanse
Quote:

zZZz said:
well, for starters, do u currently have anything good going for you?, anything at all?..

got all ur fingers?..

if so, that could be considered one positive thing imho :cool:

That. And I was hoping that I could pickup guitar again too. My old one was stolen :/. Something that small could help build confidence I figure

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#21902990 - 07/05/15 09:40 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

it is the smaller things in life that matter most, or so they say

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA
    #21903711 - 07/06/15 12:44 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:

Are there any empathogenic tryptamines available? I was going to trip 4-aco regardless. But 4-aco lacks the empathogenic power of strong MDMA

I hate the government and thier drug laws :/

Sorry if someone already answered this haven't read through the entire thread but aMT is from what I hear the best empathogenic tryptamines there is, although it retains the same neurotoxicity that MDMA has due to it being a serotonin releaser.

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#21903920 - 07/06/15 03:13 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Defeating your irrational fears and doubts, replacing them with faith and hope.

LOVE.

For you and everybody.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21904942 - 07/06/15 11:12 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gottaloveacid said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:

Are there any empathogenic tryptamines available? I was going to trip 4-aco regardless. But 4-aco lacks the empathogenic power of strong MDMA

I hate the government and thier drug laws :/

Sorry if someone already answered this haven't read through the entire thread but aMT is from what I hear the best empathogenic tryptamines there is, although it retains the same neurotoxicity that MDMA has due to it being a serotonin releaser.

I figure. I have heard it is more powerful than mdma and leaves more of a hangover as well

But regardless, I meant something that could be aquired online legally. But regardless, I will just try and make connections here and ask around for clean molly

the 2c series has provided so many oppurtunities and experiences to grow. Its a bummer that it isnt currently available via vendors

Offlinestratocast
Has Been
Male

Loc: ohio, U.S.
    #21904991 - 07/06/15 11:33 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Start every morning by finding at least 3 things for which you are thankful. Write them down in a small journal.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: stratocast]
    #21905064 - 07/06/15 12:00 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stratocast said:
Start every morning by finding at least 3 things for which you are thankful. Write them down in a small journal.

I started this this morning. I figure I will spend a few minutes a day being thankful

Offlinestratocast
Has Been
Male

Loc: ohio, U.S.
Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: topdog82] * 1
    #21905148 - 07/06/15 12:32 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Also, try to live in the present moment by paying attention to your senses and breathing. Depression is a disease which focuses on the past. Anxiety focuses on the future. Try to think about now more often.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: stratocast]
    #21906708 - 07/06/15 07:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stratocast said:
Also, try to live in the present moment by paying attention to your senses and breathing. Depression is a disease which focuses on the past. Anxiety focuses on the future. Try to think about now more often.

Well I try that anyways through meditation daily. Maybe I'll do more yoga and just avoid pointless distractions as well

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Loc: Flag
    #21908229 - 07/07/15 03:51 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Coffee and multivitamins all while working on self-image.  The positivity hasn't stopped for a few months now.

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: Morgenstern]
    #21977888 - 07/21/15 10:08 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Morgenstern said:
Coffee and multivitamins all while working on self-image.  The positivity hasn't stopped for a few months now.

I didnt see this before. What does "working on self-image" entail

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

#21978030 - 07/21/15 10:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

Morgenstern said:

I didnt see this before. What does "working on self-image" entail

Instead of hating yourself, your choices, your life, the people you deal with, etc. you should focus on the good parts of all of those things.

When you look in the mirror at yourself and you see an ugly person who has a fucked up life, that is the mindset you will keep about yourself. You can't think positively about something if you can't see past the bad things.

No one is perfect, nothing is perfect really. Life is a rollercoaster of surprises and bullshit, but the key to happiness is to accept all of the bad things for what they are and only then will you start to see that happy, beautiful person you have been wanting to be in the mirror.

You have to focus on the goods and cherish them rather than let the bads block you from seeing the shiny side of the mountain.

It's really simple, and it is good advice. If you think you are a bad person, you will accept yourself as that way. Then when you try to enjoy other things in life, they will all be viewed through that negative lens.

Just wake up every morning and instead of dreading the day ahead, take it as a challenge. You can't avoid bad shit in life, but once you realize that there is no avoiding all the bullshit and there is nothing you can do about it, your mind will start to focus on happy things instead of the bads. Just keep your head high, don't let shit slow you down. We are all just single humans on this earth, there are 7 billion others that deal with the EXACT same shit in life that people tend to get stuck up on, it is just how life is. Fearing the bullshit is fearing a part of life that everyone must go through. Just accept that shit happens and I promise, you will start to see how much else there is to life.

It took psychedelics for me to actually understand how to fully accept what happens in life and they let me know that no matter how much I cry, scream, hate myself, get angry, whatever you do to vent, that it cannot change reality. You are not God, you cannot undo what happens in the world. It may seem like it would be easy to actually accept everything, but like I said, it took psychedelics for me to engrave the idea into my mind.

I was really depressed most of my life, from age 13-22 I was on antidepressants and attempted suicide twice when I was 22 and actually nearly killed myself. When people told me to see past all of what happened (was poor all my life until I was about 21, lost my mother at age 13, dad at age 19, and pretty much all my other family members are now dead aside from my brother, who has his own severe mental issues that he cannot overcome, similar to what I went through, lots of other issues but you get the point) I just told them that the only things that mattered to me in my life were now gone. I felt alone in the world and I felt like any path I was going on just hit a dead end. It was scary, and I felt hopeless. That is what led to my depression.

After I nearly commited suicide, I dabbled with drugs to cover the pain, but it wasn't until a 10 strip of LSD and cannabis entered my life that I was able to drive through all of the road blocks, and not only did I rebuild the paths I thought I would never have again, those paths led to nothing but good things. Instead of thinking that my family was the only thing in the world that I really had, I forgot about all of that and finished up college strong and made tons of friends. A few years later, I got a job that pays well and I enjoy doing (although there are lower paying jobs I would prefer to do to keep me totally happy). From there, my life went from being a black and white image to a colorful, beautiful, endless experience that IS life.

There is so many good things in life, and the only way to enjoy them is to let go of mental pain. Instead of thinking everyone hates you or thinks you are ugly, in reality most people won't even remember what you look like and if the people who are your friends really are FRIENDS then they must accept you. Life is about experiences, and you are the only one who can truly manipulate which experiences you spend the most time having, whether it be mourning the loss of a parent or someone close and thinking all hope is gone, or if it is looking forward to all of the good in the world, at the end of the day, it is all experience.

I am definitely rambling and I doubt anyone will read all of this, but this is a situation that I have dealt with and have fully overcome. Hopefully someone read some of the points I made and they let it soak in.

Just remember, life is an endless collection of experiences. Only you are in control of which experiences you want to have, but if it really does seem hopeless, I recommend trying psychedelics. I thought I would never overcome the strong depression I had when I was younger, all my roads to glory were severed. In my mind, there wasn't any way for me to rebuild those damn roads, but once I dosed my first psychedelic, it opened my mind up to just the endless possibilities that life has to offer. They showed me just how easy it is to focus my mind on the beauty of the world we live in, and once I realized how much there is to life, I knew that depression was the only thing preventing me from experiencing all the good the world has to offer. Here I am just telling you that there is so much to life and it REALLY is worth living, but psychedelics will SHOW you and PROVE to you that the endless quest for happiness isn't impossible.

Enjoy everything life has to offer, use the negative experiences as a chance to grow and learn instead of seeing the bad in life as a weight around your ankle.

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
    #21978082 - 07/21/15 10:56 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Instead of hating yourself, your choices, your life, the people you deal with, etc. you should focus on the good parts of all of those things.

When you look in the mirror at yourself and you see an ugly person who has a fucked up life, that is the mindset you will keep about yourself. You can't think positively about something if you can't see past the bad things.

No one is perfect, nothing is perfect really. Life is a rollercoaster of surprises and bullshit, but the key to happiness is to accept all of the bad things for what they are and only then will you start to see that happy, beautiful person you have been wanting to be in the mirror.

You have to focus on the goods and cherish them rather than let the bads block you from seeing the shiny side of the mountain.

dude.. that was an awesome post.. you're right i didn't read the whole thing but the best points were in the beginning.

OP, just focus on the beauty, I try to take time to appreciate the world around me daily. I have this wonderful place I go to smoke js and watch the sunset and I notice that I feel better when I'm in the habit of going out there. simple life changes can make amazing differences

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Re: "becoming more positive?" [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #21978247 - 07/21/15 11:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, and another important thing I forgot to mention is that every human needs to have some friendly or loving relationships with others. It is an amazing feeling to know that there are people who do care about you, even when things seem their darkest, nothing can destroy real love. I am not talking about a girlfriend or even just a normal friend - you should meet people who you can really trust and people who you know will care about you. Obviously you need to give them the same treatment, as they say what comes around goes around.

If someone told me that people cared about how I felt back when I was in midst of my depression (which people did tell me), I would feel very confident that they were wrong, that is how depression is though. It destroys all hope for anything, which is what it takes to get out of it. That is why depression is so awful.... you can't escape unless something drastic happens. The reason people who are depressed commit suicide is simply because the depression convinces you so much that there is nothing left for me in life and the only way to make it all better is to stop the problem at it's most broad roots, which is the act of living itself.

Even if you feel like you have no one to talk to, there are open ears all over and the key is to accept those who listen and have faith in others.

I know even in my current mindset of happiness and love for the world, nothing feels better than having someone who truly cares.

Some people out there think that no one actually cares for them, and that those who are "listening" are just prentending to help. I know how it feels - be believe me, there are good people out there, they're everywhere. Even if every single person you have ever met is a total asshole, it just means you haven't met enough people. I actually became really close friends with someone who I just saw sitting on a ledge, crying, and she did not want me to talk to her. It took some time to get her to begin to trust me, but she was one of those people who thought humanity was hopeless and no one cared about her problems. The reality of it was that no one cared enough to put themselves in her shoes, and that is what I had to do. As she opened up to me about what she hated in her life, I chose to listen, even if it sounded stupid at times or if she just repeated the same thing over and over.

Once she realized that I was someone who would actually listen to what she had to say, she started to talk less about the bads and more about the goods. We had a long talk that day, and it really formed a strong connection of trust between us and that is all it takes to get over problems that may seem impossible.

I don't recommend therapists. Almost all of them are "fake ears" and while venting with a therapist may help a little, I have never been able to actually open up a therapist because I know that they do this for a living and while they may think they're helping, they're just doing their job. They have tons of other people with the same story and it usually just ends up with a script for anti depressants and a "have a nice day" on the way out.

I never trusted my family members (aside from my brother) because whenever I tried to talk to them about my problems, they just got sick of it and sent me to the doctor.

If you are struggling with problems in life, it really helps to have someone who cares to listen. Once the person reveals all of their problems to a person who actually cares, it feels really nice because that person is telling you all of this because you are comforting them.

And like I said earlier in this post, you cannot just ask for help and then not return it. I spent a lot of my time helping people in shitty situations such as death and other major life issues as me saying thanks to the world for the help I received when I needed it.

I think a big mistake people make is thinking a doctor can help them overcome mental trauma, but it always ends in meds and you are stuck with the same problem you had when you began "treatment".

It may sound a little far fetched, but even doctors just see us all as a bunch of humans, billions of us and all alike in the grand scheme of things, and their job is to simply find solutions to problems using medicine (usually) to treat problems, but it isn't always as simple as "Well if you take this drug, your good mood happy neurotransmitter serotonin will increase in your brain, which will cure depression by forcing you to feel good"

Hating yourself, hating life, being depressed in any form is the worst state of mind a human can be in. Even if the drugs make you feel better in the beginning, they never treat the ROOT of depression, which requires you to face whatever caused it, whether it be a lost loved one, bankruptcy, figuring out you have a deadly disease, etc.

As I have said multiple times though, none of the things that cause people to be depressed can be undone after they happen. The only way to get over it is to figure out a way to accept whatever happened and learn from it.

No one should blame a person for being depressed either. Those who think depression is weakness have simply never experienced it. You aren't weak because something out of your control happened, you are instead strong willed for making it as far as you have. Even if a person is so depressed that they are considering suicide like I did (and maybe even doing it and failing), that person is still strong for not hurting themselves impulsively. I was called names and people did see me as weak after I recovered from nearly killing myself, they figured I was somehow less of a human being because I couldn't find my way out, but I realized that maybe there is a reason that when I put that knife in my gut, hell it happened fucking twice, that I didn't die. I don't really believe in god (although I do believe there is life after this) or anything religious, but I interpreted me surviving attempted suicide twice as a sign that I wasn't ready to die yet.

Still to this day I believe that it was a sign, because after that all took place I made it a personal mission to accept people for what they are and to never turn a blind eye on someone in need, even a total stranger. Me helping my now really close friend Carly boosted my confidence in life even more than it was after I "healed myself". I try everyday to help those who cannot help themselves, because I know how just how low (and high) life can be. The bonds I have formed with people that are either now my buddies or were already friends all share close connections with me, because we trust each other.

The moral of everything is, sometimes it takes experiencing the worst things in life to make the best of it, and there are ways to see the beauty in the world, in people, and in youself. There will always be warmongers, rich assholes, ignortant idiots, and emotionless puppets, but part of dealing with anger towards them is accepting they exist. That is just the key to happiness, acceptance. The worst thing that can happen to you is death, and even then, there is no telling if that is actually the end or not. So no matter how shitty you may think everything is, the reality of it is though, it is easier to notice how bad life is rather than how good it is. Some are born naturally happy and empathetic (which is awesome) but most people just lack the experience to properly deal with this crazy thing we call "life".

--------------------

Edited by Gottaloveacid (07/22/15 12:03 AM)

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#21979491 - 07/22/15 08:57 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I just read both posts

Very straightforward, yet uplifting once you accept/understand where you are coming from

:thumbup::nodofunderstanding:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals