Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
No intent (Edibles fucked me)
    #21903168 - 07/05/15 10:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

If you take an objective look at the human being in a general sense and it's known progress through time, you can see interesting trends that hint at our future form on the evolution timescale.

We use tools for war. Which is an understatement because the original intent of most tools so far invented involved war. Not only are these tools a way for us to kill faster and more precisely than our body allows, they allow us to make killing an impersonal and remote act. When the predatory act of a human on human kill is performed on a screen and with silicon signal-fed brains, the killer may feel bad, but they do not feel the way a killer should. This shift in our fighting strategy has allowed us to remove empathy from the act of killing fellow humans, it's a surgical operation. We are predators of both force and guile... At least our tools are.

We originally communicated to each other through simple noises and body language, and then refined those noises to be more exact in their description and to carry more information in a shorter period of time. Our verbal language has evolved us towards communication which is faster and more precise. Not only that, but we now have a 3rd method of communication - the Internet. it's lightning fast and far reaching, but it's starting to capture us. We're walking deeper into that tunnel as far as Internet use and overuse. That's not a good sign.

These are just two facets of the human being and the trends they appear to be following, but they reveal a fact: we're sharpening our knives on our heads. What I mean to say is that we are gaining abilities through technology, yet losing abilities of our own physical being. This is not conjecture, it's an observed fact.
For example we may be objectively better communicators since we can now communicate instantly from any distance, but we are subjectively becoming socially inert. does this mean that future mankind will be a blobby, unintelligent slave to its own technology? Perhaps, but only temporarily.

Our inventions will not just dull us, they will become us. This is not a bad thing, but it will come with a set of growing pains. Empathy, and more specifically moral ethics will undergo a period of chaotic turmoil - it very well may not make it through the shift. Yes, you heard what I said. We quite possibly will eventually shed emotion. The singularity. The synthetic awareness movement. Call it what you want, but don't ignore that it is indeed our path if we continue to exist long enough.

We're talking several centuries, but it's coming.
Do not fear it but embrace it - for evolution is the true master of this universe. There's also a possibility that it will be a "clean" shift, where we learn to integrate our minds perfectly into a machine interface or even physically simulated body with all emotions and quirks in tact.

The grim likelihood is that we will eventually be a switchboard. we may think we can shape this outcome, but we cannot. We are a slave to this path of decisions that is unfolding within our timescale.

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Edited by ModestMouse (07/06/15 01:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

Re: No Intent [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21903279 - 07/05/15 10:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Technology and language are more like organisms that transcend physical existence as thought. We are in some sort of symbiotic relationship with it like the parasite that replaces a fishes tongue.
It is pretty connected mannnnnnn :zoom:

Also very intoxicated right now.

--------------------
It's all for the :lol:s

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Re: No Intent [Re: Eggtimer]
    #21903310 - 07/05/15 11:04 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Organisms of our own creation or possibly not.

Maybe they are parasites from another dimension. Bound to no physically observable body in our world, but present and active nonetheless. Either way the direction I see us headed is unfortunate in my opinion.

Regardless our lives will likely be largely unaffected by this evolution as we are only a small blip in the story.

Edited by ModestMouse (07/05/15 11:10 PM)

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what

Re: No Intent [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21903444 - 07/05/15 11:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Eat everyday

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: No intent (Edibles fucked me) [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21903459 - 07/05/15 11:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

yea i guess i agree with u for the most part.

technology sucks

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Re: No intent (Edibles fucked me) [Re: zZZz]
    #21903495 - 07/05/15 11:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

It's sad because I don't think i'm crazy, but the unabomber predicts this similar fate. So do a few prominent "futurists".

I think it's fun to speculate only because I believe (as I said earlier) that we are shielded from the harsh realities of this future by sheer time.

--------------------

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

Re: No Intent [Re: ModestMouse] * 1
    #21903501 - 07/05/15 11:42 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ModestMouse said:
Organisms of our own creation or possibly not.

Maybe they are parasites from another dimension. Bound to no physically observable body in our world, but present and active nonetheless. Either way the direction I see us headed is unfortunate in my opinion.

Regardless our lives will likely be largely unaffected by this evolution as we are only a small blip in the story.

Yeah this is the kind of stuff I like.
I see it unfortunate that if we humans fail it will be unlikely for another intelligent species to get to where we are because we've used a lot of resources. But if we fail I look at it like the universe filtering out assholes.

I could also see it being unfortunate in the way it mechanizes living things.
But I also think it's only natural to move forwards. There are some that would of happily never left their caves. That could be better in the long run it's hard to tell yet.

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: No Intent [Re: Eggtimer]
    #21903506 - 07/05/15 11:44 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I really want edibles. I'm gonna get some brownies with it, but I never find.

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Re: No Intent [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #21903545 - 07/05/15 11:55 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I really want to start an anti technology culture at some point.  Maybe not quite as far as the Amish go but a voice that questions how far we push this boulder.

Why do we assume every tool we build should be improved upon? Is that necessarily the case for survival or are we fatally incorrect?

The answer determines our future.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: No intent (Edibles fucked me) [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21903678 - 07/06/15 12:30 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

na man, everytime i trip i am always having these kinds of experiences, the world just seems like it's in a melting pot, technology especially seems so malignant.

it's not like technology created itself tho, it was us humans who created it, so in the end it;s just people.. really really really really really ignorant people//

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck